Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to buy Bitcoin now at $29?  (Read 10658 times)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:11:10 PM

Bitcoin-cheerleading-group-think

You are delusional if you don't think this forum (and particularly this subforum) isn't ridden with this.

See, that isn't what I said...

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:13:25 PM

No, Its a terrible idea. Don't end up being a bag holder like those people that bought at $32, 2 years ago.

evolve, you for some reason forget, again, that those "bag holders" from 2 years ago can now close their position at (almost) no loss if they so desire. 2 years is a medium term investment. And also, according to wikipedia, The term bagholder is an informal slang term used in U.S. financial markets to refer to the shareholders left holding shares of worthless stocks. Who is holding worthless anything here?

So, that just means that whatever you are saying is just completely wrong and makes zero sense. Think about it next time. Yeah, and I'm sorry you are not in on the ride, just don't post wrong information and we'll be kind to you. We need funny crash believers here.

There is no guarantee those investors will EVER be able to sell those BTC for the price they paid for them, much less a profit.  The price could tank at any point, and you are naive if you believe otherwise.

The worthless part comes if and when the next real crash hits.

So,  unlike those who bought at $32 who would currently be able to cash out with a mild 10% loss.

How much in dollar value that those BTC is traded above 30 in the first bubble?
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:43:50 AM

No, Its a terrible idea. Don't end up being a bag holder like those people that bought at $32, 2 years ago.

evolve, you for some reason forget, again, that those "bag holders" from 2 years ago can now close their position at (almost) no loss if they so desire. 2 years is a medium term investment. And also, according to wikipedia, The term bagholder is an informal slang term used in U.S. financial markets to refer to the shareholders left holding shares of worthless stocks. Who is holding worthless anything here?

So, that just means that whatever you are saying is just completely wrong and makes zero sense. Think about it next time. Yeah, and I'm sorry you are not in on the ride, just don't post wrong information and we'll be kind to you. We need funny crash believers here.

I love how anyone with a difference of opinion on this forum is labeled a "troll".

Quite the little hugbox/echo chamber you got here.

Only because bears have shitty arguments.

I wonder why the bears who are really convinced don't short the crap out of the current "bubble"? It's an opportunity of a lifetime, you can triple your available money easily by shorting from 30 to single digits!

all you guys are idiots.

@piramida, you actually said: "So, that just means that whatever you are saying is just completely wrong and makes zero sense." why the hell are you so mad?

@humanitee, you're contributing to the echo chamber. you either haven't been around long enough or have forgotten how sentiment affects the attitudes on the forum through very, very strong groupthink. "bears have shitty arguments" is such a stupid thing to say. markets go up, markets go down.

@piramida, if you thought for 2 seconds you'd understand why people aren't shorting the hell out of bitcoin. nobody knows for sure what will happen next. in fact, YOU DON'T KNOW it won't plummet to $10 in the next five minutes. but shorting is incredibly more risky than holding.

and @evolve, i know you're a bear. i think we are overbought too. but the buying pressure we saw after the last sell-off was incredible. try to tone down the gloom and doom it just sounds like you're trying to herd lemmings.

all in all, these forums shouldn't be bulls vs. bears but rather open, unbiased discussion. put your damn wallets away and let's talk seriously.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:50:49 AM

all you guys are idiots.

@piramida, you actually said: "So, that just means that whatever you are saying is just completely wrong and makes zero sense." why the hell are you so mad?

@humanitee, you're contributing to the echo chamber. you either haven't been around long enough or have forgotten how sentiment affects the attitudes on the forum through very, very strong groupthink. "bears have shitty arguments" is such a stupid thing to say. markets go up, markets go down.

@piramida, if you thought for 2 seconds you'd understand why people aren't shorting the hell out of bitcoin. nobody knows for sure what will happen next. in fact, YOU DON'T KNOW it won't plummet to $10 in the next five minutes. but shorting is incredibly more risky than holding.

and @evolve, i know you're a bear. i think we are overbought too. but the buying pressure we saw after the last sell-off was incredible. try to tone down the gloom and doom it just sounds like you're trying to herd lemmings.

all in all, these forums shouldn't be bulls vs. bears but rather open, unbiased discussion. put your damn wallets away and let's talk seriously.

lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

I became even more bullish when I saw cypher was getting avalons (Shocked).

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 12:56:12 AM

So what matters then?
Since you did ragequit the discussion in my thread I don't grant you any complaining rights.

I know some of my posts may seem offensive, but that doesn't mean they are intended to be.
humanitee

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:58:31 AM

So what matters then?
Since you did ragequit the discussion in my thread I don't grant you any complaining rights.

I know some of my posts may seem offensive, but that doesn't mean they are intended to be.

Are you talking to me?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 01:01:15 AM

So what matters then?

Are you talking to me?

yes I don't usually quote in posts which aren't a direct response to an ongoing argument.
humanitee

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

So what matters then?

Are you talking to me?

yes I don't usually quote posts which aren't a direct response to an ongoing argument.

Quote me a ragequit? lmfao.

My last post was laughing at adam for saying that market wouldn't go up anymore as it was rising.
The post before that was just a quote from the website you linked.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 01:12:00 AM

So what matters then?

Are you talking to me?

yes I don't usually quote posts which aren't a direct response to an ongoing argument.

Quote me a ragequit? lmfao.

My last post was laughing at adam for saying that market wouldn't go up anymore as it was rising.
The post before that was just a quote from the website you linked.

Good then, just saying you are always welcome to debate my daily bear argument. Smiley

So far most replies I get from bulls are more the kind of: "Right but that doesn't affect the market that much."
Everybodies view is distorted but you can't reply to every issue with the same argument.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:18:44 AM

So far most replies I get from bulls are more the kind of: "Right but that doesn't affect the market that much."
Everybodies view is distorted but you can't reply to every issue with the same argument.

Hehe, well Electric, a lot of the bears are relying on the argument that markets go up and down, so we are due for a down. I think even you can aknowledge that is pretty weak logic as well. To me that is like a compulsive gambler at a roulette table justifying his bet on red with the fact that black has been the result in the last 9 spins.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 01:25:54 AM

Hehe, well Electric, a lot of the bears are relying on the argument that markets go up and down, so we are due for a down. I think even you can aknowledge that is pretty weak logic as well. To me that is like a compulsive gambler at a roulette table justifying his bet on red with the fact that black has been the result in the last 9 spins.

Yeah it sort of is that way.

This is the center-point of the efficient market hypothesis, which can make technical analysts really mad. I think it has probably just been invented to troll them.  Grin
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:50:42 AM

From the looks of it, it might to be your last chance,

Weekend dip hasnt happened past 2-3 weeks so unless there is one this weekend buying opportunity is drying up,

I am seriously im awe we havent seen a drop yet, either its coming soon or 30 is tomorrow - early next week

EDIT

30'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:02:55 AM

......It's already hit 30..... because the Gox gods says so!

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:18:01 AM

all you guys are idiots.

I'm sorry, I'm mad? At least I have enough brain to not call opponents idiots. Yes, I actually mean what I say usually. When people start throwing terms that don't apply, it does make their statements nonsense. Now care to explain your "idiots" part? Otherwise you just get in my "nonsense talking children" bucket.

i am satoshi
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

Yes. Now is a good time to buy $29 bitcoins.   Grin

Current MtGox price: $31.07

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:52:00 PM

If you did buy bitcoins at $29 or higher, I'd keep a close eye on the market.  I think lots of people are about to get burned really bad.  Once this thing gets moving it's going to be big and affect the market for a long time.  We went too high too fast again.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:55:58 PM

If you did buy bitcoins at $29 or higher, I'd keep a close eye on the market.  I think lots of people are about to get burned really bad.  Once this thing gets moving it's going to be big and affect the market for a long time.  We went too high too fast again.
Wasnt you a bull at 25? Maybe I'm confusing.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

A correction is bound to happen eventually and there are some indicators showing oversold right now but I just ride the momentum rather than try to call a top.  Most people trying to call the top probably cashed out too early.  Obviously this is directed to the day traders and speculators.  Those long Bitcoin, just keep accumulating and don't worry about the price.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

I became even more bullish when I saw cypher was getting avalons (Shocked).

tell me more about this deep bull trend.

hint: indicators give you insight as to how 'deep' it really is. i saw the rally losing steam before the price tested the bottom support. it's finally broken through. good luck bulls.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:51:10 AM

I can't help but think of those handfuls of people who were mining bitcoin since 2010 and beyond. Raking in thousands upon thousands of bitcoins per month if not per week. I can't help but think of all the people sitting on stacks of 10k bitcoins spread out through different wallets........ I bet the biggest hoarders of bitcoin could keep the price below 30 dollars for years if they started selling now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: