Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin blockchain data torrent  (Read 211094 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

Please! keep the dramaqueen out. I am not even sure I understand your problem - the technical one, I dont give a fuck about how long you mined, your "status" or what you need your coins for - and frankly, I dont care to read through the wall of drama to figure out. The last few posts derailed this thread and if you need further help with bitcoin core I suggest you start a thread in the tech support section and keep it technical.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhrike

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:26:42 PM

Please! keep the dramaqueen out. I am not even sure I understand your problem - the technical one, I dont give a fuck about how long you mined, your "status" or what you need your coins for - and frankly, I dont care to read through the wall of drama to figure out. The last few posts derailed this thread and if you need further help with bitcoin core I suggest you start a thread in the tech support section and keep it technical.

You are right. I just cracked up because I saw stuff getting lost. Sorry 'bout the drama.

Problem is: after downloading and importing bootstrap.dat and then conncting to the fast nodes, my database crashed a few times because I failed to see the problem was the canned version of bitcoind I used. After I compiled bitcoind and bitcoin-qt from source myself the problem seemed to be over. But now I am stuck again because the fast nodes seemed to have locked out my IP for pulling too much data, or because of a "misbehaving" node status because I pulled the same blocks a few times. I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I am stuck again on a frustratingly slow bitcoin network. Then of course I thought that perhaps "misbehaving" node IP's were propagated over the network leaving my IP address essentially stranded for ever. Like I said, I don't know. But blocks are not loading.
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

You are right. I just cracked up because I saw stuff getting lost. Sorry 'bout the drama.

Problem is: after downloading and importing bootstrap.dat and then conncting to the fast nodes, my database crashed a few times because I failed to see the problem was the canned version of bitcoind I used. After I compiled bitcoind and bitcoin-qt from source myself the problem seemed to be over. But now I am stuck again because the fast nodes seemed to have locked out my IP for pulling too much data, or because of a "misbehaving" node status because I pulled the same blocks a few times. I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I am stuck again on a frustratingly slow bitcoin network. Then of course I thought that perhaps "misbehaving" node IP's were propagated over the network leaving my IP address essentially stranded for ever. Like I said, I don't know. But blocks are not loading.

Perhaps you shouldn't be running a bitcoin node or any kind of large database software on your computer.  I suggest you switch to a light weight client such as Electrum.  There are ways to get your bitcoins into a new wallet based on a light weight client that won't require synchronizing the block chain.

Rotzer

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:05:01 PM

Thank you for maintaining this project.
Using your torrent saved me a lot of time.
I apreciate your work very much.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:38:09 PM

Hello, I just placed bootstrap.dat on the bitcoin core folder, but bitcoincore does not import the blocks, what am I doing wrong?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:26:20 AM

Hello, I just placed bootstrap.dat on the bitcoin core folder, but bitcoincore does not import the blocks, what am I doing wrong?

Is in the same folder as your wallet.dat?
Did you #1 close bitcoin core, #2 copy the file, #3 start bitcoin core?
What OS?

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:59:45 PM

Is in the same folder as your wallet.dat?
Did you #1 close bitcoin core, #2 copy the file, #3 start bitcoin core?
What OS?

yup I did everything like you said, maybe due to a corrupted bootstrap.dat?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:09:17 PM

At least on Windows closing the application might only minimize it to the tray...

I'd recommend just waiting a few days until 0.10. is released instead of trying to make the import from the torrent working - header-first syncing is so much faster and easier than using this torrent anyways. If it is really urgent, you can already try out the release candidate, it doesn't seem to be very buggy.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
c4p0ne

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:58:13 AM

Upgraded to 0.10. Now receiving "No block source available".  Undecided
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:15:00 PM

Try adding a node manually with:

Code:
addnode 213.165.91.169 add

this should help you find other nodes. Full disclosure, this is my node and its not yet updated to 0.10.0rc1

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 08:18:34 PM

Thanks for sharing this Bitcoin blockchain data torrent with the community. Very useful in case someone is using the Bitcoin Core for the first time thanks to this feature:

If the file "bootstrap.dat" is found in the bitcoin data directory, it will validate and import all blockchain data found in that file.  The following torrent presents a bootstrap.dat file for that feature.

Seeding, too.  Tongue

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
BitCoinCool

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:33:14 PM

Thankyou for assisting many of us and making this  avail.
After more than 6 days of downloading Core,I got frustrated
and followed the advice Bootstrap the Blockchain Synchronization
id found at GitHUb, which eventually lead me here.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/bootstrap.md
The Torrent in qBittorrent is  not one iota faster than the original core download of the blockchain?
The Torents been running for 2 days, and ETA is now 3days 10 hours
showing 88% done.
it must be a self defeating process to keep beating myself up like this! LOL!!

At 88% almost 89 complete I'd hate to trash it all.
any way to get through this without it taking a month os nights running?
i was so excited after reading the github instructions, as I thought it might be all completed in less than an hour.
any help is much appreciated. You're a gem to the community, obviously patient and helpful
as noobs I for one appreciate ppl like you and hope to pif when / if eventually set up.
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 04:51:22 PM

Thankyou for assisting many of us and making this  avail.
After more than 6 days of downloading Core,I got frustrated
and followed the advice Bootstrap the Blockchain Synchronization
id found at GitHUb, which eventually lead me here.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/bootstrap.md
The Torrent in qBittorrent is  not one iota faster than the original core download of the blockchain?
The Torents been running for 2 days, and ETA is now 3days 10 hours
showing 88% done.
it must be a self defeating process to keep beating myself up like this! LOL!!

At 88% almost 89 complete I'd hate to trash it all.
any way to get through this without it taking a month os nights running?
i was so excited after reading the github instructions, as I thought it might be all completed in less than an hour.
any help is much appreciated. You're a gem to the community, obviously patient and helpful
as noobs I for one appreciate ppl like you and hope to pif when / if eventually set up.

The torrent of blockchain file is available on Bitcoin.org under the download links of Bitcoin Core and here is => https://bitcoin.org/bin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent  , I downloaded it and it finished in 1 day 8 hours with a speed of ~200k/s (my max speed)
One it's finished put it in Bitcoin folder on the AppData and launch your Bitcoin Core wallet and you are ready to go

BitCoinCool

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:37:51 PM

Thankyou Madness, et.al.
   I double checked the torrent in my app (qBittorrent)
its the sourceforge source.
   Is it possible for me to add an additional torrent ontop or /instead
  without losing the 89% already done?
   Possible to combine the 2 sources?  I believe I chose the one of 2 recommended in original
   article/post as it's the one I most easily verified cert/sig for.(been a couple of days)
   Ive got the qBittorrent settings also max'd out for my connection
   at 300kiB/s although certainly not running anywhere near that rate.
  I see the Peers only range from 1-9 

ETA at about 21 hours currently. WOW!
    Thankyou for you assistance!

Madness

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 05:40:11 PM

Thankyou Madness, et.al.
   I double checked the torrent in my app (qBittorrent)
its the sourceforge source.
   Is it possible for me to add an additional torrent ontop or /instead
  without losing the 89% already done?
   Possible to combine the 2 sources?  I believe I chose the one of 2 recommended in original
   article/post as it's the one I most easily verified cert/sig for.(been a couple of days)
   Ive got the qBittorrent settings also max'd out for my connection
   at 300kiB/s although certainly not running anywhere near that rate.
  I see the Peers only range from 1-9 

ETA at about 21 hours currently. WOW!
    Thankyou for you assistance!

You cannot combine two torrents , no .
I'am not sure about the blockchain that you are downloading , you may wanna finish downloading it then try what I said above if didn't work try to download from the link that I gave you , it's what I'am using and it's working fine without any issues .

c4p0ne

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:59:19 PM

Whoops, simply doing a -reindex fixed the problem. RC3 Stops the crash-on-exit too.  Smiley
BitCoinCool

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:04:21 PM

Well Thank you for the advise and assistance,
The Torrent I was working from finally did finish up.
By all accounts it's apparently kept up to date.

after complete, I copied the downladed 21G file into the App Data file as instructed
(windows), then restarted Bitcoin core.

Core is "stuck".
It hangs at 35 weeks "Syncing". When I peek at the Debug log- it repeats
Data already processed.

this is sort of a hang? I cant get it to run through the blocks any quicker... Ive tried close, restart,
same.
Should I snap a shot of the debug log or does anyone know a work around?
Any assistance greatly appreciated...Ive been working daily on this since Jan. 14.
Madness

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 05:47:32 PM

Well Thank you for the advise and assistance,
The Torrent I was working from finally did finish up.
By all accounts it's apparently kept up to date.

after complete, I copied the downladed 21G file into the App Data file as instructed
(windows), then restarted Bitcoin core.

Core is "stuck".
It hangs at 35 weeks "Syncing". When I peek at the Debug log- it repeats
Data already processed.

this is sort of a hang? I cant get it to run through the blocks any quicker... Ive tried close, restart,
same.
Should I snap a shot of the debug log or does anyone know a work around?
Any assistance greatly appreciated...Ive been working daily on this since Jan. 14.

Are you sure about that mate , Have you waited enough because It was Importing blocks from torrent file then when It check & see that there is some missing files (not updated file) , It start Synchrozining with the network , so basically Importing Blocks is a lot faster then Synchronizing with the network and depends on your internet speed . Simply try to wait some time and see if anything changes .
If the problem consists to happen, simply take a backup of the 21 GB file , Unistall Bitcoin Core (and remove all AppData Files) then Reinstall it once again and put the Bootstrap.dat on the AppData directory and launch. It should work ... I got it stuck last time too and after doing this it worked fine Grin

BitCoinCool

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

Thanks,I dreaded needing to do that.
I was so hoping it would simply WORK

Sadly, Im beginning to have serious doubts about my entire btc
involvement, thinking it's perhaps just for serious computer enthusiasts,
those in the industry only.

i do mean sadly.

many, so many of us just do not have the blocks of time this requires.

so disappointing.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:08:33 PM

0.10 fixes this anyways and is going to be released very soon.

Also it might very well be that you already synced with the blockchain beyond what the torrent contains (I'm not so sure what you mean by the "I already have 89% done") and just slowed down your internet connection by downloading both more recent blocks via bitcoin-core AND the initial set of older blocks via BitTorrent.

As long as you are connected to the Bitcoin network, just let your client sync and it will eventually catch up. By the way, initial sync is very often CPU bound, so if you have an old machine or are doing heavy computations on the side, you'll also often be limited by that, importing blocks "slowly" is maybe the fastest your PC can handle.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: