Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't someone at BFL cancelling and refunding my order? Son has Cancer!!!!!!  (Read 4302 times)
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:44:29 PM

Cyberbegging.  Pathetic and laughable. 

Smiley 

sent from my X6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Merralea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

Nothing says legit like referring to the disease as "Leukemia Cancer..."  Roll Eyes
Even if he weren't scamming, I'd mourn the death of his pride.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 12:39:27 AM

Nothing says legit like referring to the disease as "Leukemia Cancer..."  Roll Eyes
Even if he weren't scamming, I'd mourn the death of his pride.

I had a friend of a friend who had acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
wingsuit

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

2100 trillion sats baby

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:34:52 AM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

wtf is btcjam?

Are you fucking kidding?

This is a link to YOUR account, unless someone uses the exact same tag as you.

https://btcjam.com/users/1384

EDIT: I stand to loose 10 btc to one of your damn loans, thanks. Undecided

FLY
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:10:44 AM

How is this guy making bitcoin?
https://blockchain.info/address/18FTCBbBACc1Cedi1sZJj6jtXmD3ZTcizL?offset=50&filter=0
various scams?

Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:06:51 PM

Seeing that Canada has universal healthcare (in all provinces) and does not have a two-tier system I don't see how money could help in any way. All hospital costs are covered, the only issue would be outpatient drugs (assuming no supplemental coverage, which most full time workers have).

Yup, Canada is a good place to be sick.
yellowdog213

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Will you be that putting that money back into the btcjam listing you have active for an ASIC unit?

wtf is btcjam?

Are you fucking kidding?

This is a link to YOUR account, unless someone uses the exact same tag as you.

https://btcjam.com/users/1384

EDIT: I stand to loose 10 btc to one of your damn loans, thanks. Undecided

He has never made a late payment, so don't be so quick to judge. Wait until he has not repaid anything. I understand the confusion based on this thread and what is on BTCJam, but there has never been a late payment--possibly something overlooked by people previously. Just don't make any quick judgements.
Ex0deus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 09:03:52 PM

He's late now....
However he did say he might be late in the description of the bigger loan...
but with no reply on this thread from him... or on btcjam.... it feels like it the end game of a scam
... one in which he made off with 215 btc in total it looks like

and if based on btc value as of today... totals $10283.46 USD at a btc value of 47.62600 USD per BTC.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 01:40:43 AM

They don't cover everything if you want the top notch care.... Plus taking time off work, etc etc.

Fuck, sorry don't want to talk about it.  Cry

Are you seeking top-notch care for your four-year-old, or hoping to get him help ASAP? Or is all this a ruse to renege on some loan?
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:00:41 AM

This is three loans I'm involved in that have stopped paying since the rise in price of BTC. I have to agree with the individual posters who are fishy about the way he's handleing himself over his sons illness. If it is true I pray for the littleone. I have three children myself. if anything was to happen to them I'd vamos.. I'd be with my child.

However... th problem here is a commitment was made. And the fact above is I have children of my own. A bank, a payday lone company and the.end.on default debit collector may give sympathy. But guess what YOU took the money. YOU made.a deal and are under obligation to pay. I won't.forgive you the money. if I did It's open season for every other.lendee to tell.any sob story.they wish to string this out. I expect something this weekend or at the latest Tuesday of next week
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:41:07 AM

This is three loans I'm involved in that have stopped paying since the rise in price of BTC. I have to agree with the individual posters who are fishy about the way he's handleing himself over his sons illness. If it is true I pray for the littleone. I have three children myself. if anything was to happen to them I'd vamos.. I'd be with my child.

However... th problem here is a commitment was made. And the fact above is I have children of my own. A bank, a payday lone company and the.end.on default debit collector may give sympathy. But guess what YOU took the money. YOU made.a deal and are under obligation to pay. I won't.forgive you the money. if I did It's open season for every other.lendee to tell.any sob story.they wish to string this out. I expect something this weekend or at the latest Tuesday of next week

As you said, if this is genuine, the last thing he's going to be worrying about right now is paying back existing loans.  If it's a con, then the last thing he's going to be worrying about right now is paying back existing loans.

People really need to stop lending through BTCJam because they have no meaningful recourse.  People also need to realise that they have limited recourse in general when making loans to complete strangers and that in the vast majority of cases there's no cost-effective way to recover the debt.  You might as well lend the money to some guy you meet in a bar - at least there's a chance you'll see him again.

Yeah, the OP's story is a bit iffy but this isn't really a community which encourages the sharing of personal problems so it's not entirely unsurprising that there was never any lead up mention of his son having tests or any mention of the specific treatment plan (people in crisis often gush out this information because they're so overwhelmed).

Setting deadlines isn't especially helpful unless you have an effective form of recourse open to you.  Those who lent through BTCJam already know that it's against their ToS to contact defaulters directly (something I think is ridiculous given that BTCJam has no effective recovery mechanisms, which is what encourages the high default rate in the first place).

It's worth remembering that if people are seeking unconventional loans, it's often because they can't raise funds any other way - and there's often a good reason why friends, family and conventional financial institutions won't lend to them.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:39:52 AM

This guy is a scammer of the worst kind.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 07:50:06 AM

Name:   Bemtje
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   June 20, 2011, 01:57:32 AM
Last Active:   March 11, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

I'm finding it very difficult to hold my tongue on this episode, fearing that there's still a 1% chance his son is truly sick, but ain't got a clue as to how the insurance aspect works in Canada, albeit more time should have been dedicated to research than coming here for a handout, given he earns CAN$50K a year and has a mining array.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: