Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:19:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't someone at BFL cancelling and refunding my order? Son has Cancer!!!!!!  (Read 1095 times)
Bemtje (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:44:20 AM

I've sent three e-mails so far, with no response. I don't want to wait until April or may to receive my unit, but most importantly my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with Leukemia! Treatment isn't cheap,,,, I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage and it still won't cover the costs. I need my $1,333 refunded ASAP. Please.

Also, I'm not really one to ask people for anything, but my son's life is at stake here. If any of you would be so kind enough to send me donations to help pay for treatment, I would greatly appreciate it and never forget the assistance I may receive.

Sorry, I'm just an emotional wreck right now and I need to vent!!         
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:49:17 AM

Have you sold your 18 Ghash mining monster yet?
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:51:56 AM

Yes, that's all gone.  Cry

I had over 50 GPU's running, and stupid me was selling when BTC's were $5 a pop.... At least I didn't lose out on the investment.... I sold all my 1400 BTC's to raise money  Cry Cry
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

Sorry to hear about your son.

You might get a quicker response if you post this on the BFL forums.

From what Jody's posted in her blog, they're overwhelmed with emails asking about when units are going to be delivered and it's possible that your refund request is lost among all those other emails (which they aren't planning on responding to individually).

I have no doubt whatsoever that if you post on the BFL forums, Josh will personally hand your request onto Customer service for processing.  Whatever other flaws BFL may have, I've never seen a single complaint about delays in receiving refunds where accurate order information has been given to them.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:54:53 AM

What's holding you from calling them with such an emergency?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:57:08 AM

What's holding you from calling them with such an emergency?

From what's been posted before, the phone number goes to Dave's voicemail and the response time isn't rapid.

Josh is probably the best person to get this priority and he's on BFL's forums far more frequently than he is here. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:24:51 PM

Thanks for the help people. I really appreciate it. But like I said in the other thread (that I accidentally created in the wrong forum) I was just overreacting. Worst case scenario I can file a PP complaint. Either way though, I have never heard anyone complain about not getting a refund.. I just need to "TRY" and relax a bit here. I'm a complete mess.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:32:40 PM

I understand you live in Canada. Is not healthcare free there ?
I would like to help, but before you not show any proof, I will think you are trying to scam people with such a sensitive issue.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:58:00 PM

Damn that sucks, I have a 6 year old son and can't even imagine how bad I would feel if he had cancer. Do you live near Cambridge, ON.?
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:38:01 PM

Also, I'm not really one to ask people for anything, but my son's life is at stake here.     

I hope you're not trying to scam us, no offence.

If I was a religious man I'd pray for you. I really really hope it all works out and everything gets better for you and your family.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 01:47:12 PM

I understand you live in Canada. Is not healthcare free there ?

We have a world class UHC system in Canada but it doesn't mean we don't have any health care costs.  If the parents don't have good health benefits from work or private coverage then there can be a lot of "additional costs" that are not covered (prescriptions, time off work to take care of someone or for treatments etc etc).

Yes, Canadians are very fortunate and we will pay out of pocket a lot less than most people in similar situations.  Unfortunately someone going through this with a young child will incur some expense, hopefully the debt they incur will not be so overwhelming as to cause them long term financial problems - hopefully they can dig out of it after its all over and done with.

OP good luck, I have a 4 year old son as well and I couldn't imagine hearing words like that.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:35:31 PM

I've sent three e-mails so far, with no response. I don't want to wait until April or may to receive my unit, but most importantly my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with Leukemia! Treatment isn't cheap,,,, I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage and it still won't cover the costs. I need my $1,333 refunded ASAP. Please.

Also, I'm not really one to ask people for anything, but my son's life is at stake here. If any of you would be so kind enough to send me donations to help pay for treatment, I would greatly appreciate it and never forget the assistance I may receive.

Why don't you sell some of your hardware ?

I have $30-$40k invested in hardware to generate bitcoin. But at the prices I pay for my hardware, it's very low risk. I can resell it all for about what I paid.

Plus NMC is free, and I figured I might as well Mine SC with my CPU's.

I earn only $50k a year from my job, and $40 a day from mining.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 03:50:24 PM

Why don't you sell some of your hardware ?

I have $30-$40k invested in hardware to generate bitcoin. But at the prices I pay for my hardware, it's very low risk. I can resell it all for about what I paid.

Plus NMC is free, and I figured I might as well Mine SC with my CPU's.

I earn only $50k a year from my job, and $40 a day from mining.

He did. See the second and third posts in this thread.
Bemtje (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 04:02:04 PM

Again, thanks to the three donations so far. They may not be big, but its the thought that counts, as well as every penny. Even if its enough to buy my son a toy to play with to take his mind off the pain.

I truly wish this never happens to any parent, especially of a young innocent child Sad
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 04:05:08 PM

Again, thanks to the three donations so far. They may not be big, but its the thought that counts, as well as every penny. Even if its enough to buy my son a toy to play with to take his mind off the pain.

I truly wish this never happens to any parent, especially of a young innocent child Sad

I truly believe you are a scammer.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

He did. See the second and third posts in this thread.

Whoops, I forgot to put on my reading glasses, sorry.

But it's just difficult to tell if someone is honest... 99.99% of the begging mail/posts is fake.

I think this is fake.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: