Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine with CPU only with old bitcoin-0.1.3 (new blockchain)  (Read 1752 times)
beoswind (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:08:44 AM

I want to start complete new blockchain (exactly as satoshi did in 2009)

I will mine myself ONLY so difficulty will be always in 1 range so CPU is more than enough for this task

So my question is: how to setup OLD bitcoin-0.1.3 to start mining (what exactly I need to do so after I click: Options > Generate Coins I'm able to start mining)?

Please reply ONLY if You know the answer don't comment or judge this because You don't know what I want to achieve and why

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:11:31 AM

It might help people better understand if you do tell them what you want to achieve and why.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
beoswind (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:25:20 AM

It might help people better understand if you do tell them what you want to achieve and why.

Because bitcoin-0.1.3 don't mine alone I presume I need to setup a small network of PC to simulate mining conditions in 2009 days (I believe sotoshi mined alone or with help of few friends in 2009)?
mu77aL

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 11:26:31 AM

i think its not good to mine anymore with cpu. Maybe u should use your GPU better for this.

regards
beoswind (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:09:38 PM

i think its not good to mine anymore with cpu. Maybe u should use your GPU better for this.

regards

You don't understand what I want to do and your "advice" is ..........

I don't want to mine BTC (with sky high diff. so even GPU is obsolete for few years now)

I want to start from scratch to mine ALONE with constant diff. = 1

As I see I must post this question on freelancer site because this question is too diff. for bitcointalk "members" (over 70 members see this and no answer)
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 04:18:28 PM

basically you are wanting to start a new bitcoin chain (using the original client) without modifying any code. this will only give you grief.

modifying any coin codebase is not too difficult. you will ideally want to create a different genesis block hash and at a minimum update the pchMessage bytes (or p2p magic) so it does not attempt to 'sync' from other known bitcoin nodes.

keep in mind that the difficulty will never 'always stay at 1', it will do this for the first 2016 blocks then readjust according to your cpu mining speed.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
HelioHash

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 12:29:21 PM

I want to start complete new blockchain (exactly as satoshi did in 2009)

I will mine myself ONLY so difficulty will be always in 1 range so CPU is more than enough for this task

So my question is: how to setup OLD bitcoin-0.1.3 to start mining (what exactly I need to do so after I click: Options > Generate Coins I'm able to start mining)?

Please reply ONLY if You know the answer don't comment or judge this because You don't know what I want to achieve and why

Thanks

If I understand, you want to start your own
bitcoin testnet network ?

You can find more info here:
https://github.com/freewil/bitcoin-testnet-box

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:52:36 AM

basically you are wanting to start a new bitcoin chain (using the original client) without modifying any code. this will only give you grief.

modifying any coin codebase is not too difficult. you will ideally want to create a different genesis block hash and at a minimum update the pchMessage bytes (or p2p magic) so it does not attempt to 'sync' from other known bitcoin nodes.

keep in mind that the difficulty will never 'always stay at 1', it will do this for the first 2016 blocks then readjust according to your cpu mining speed.

if he limit the hash to make so that the diff remain at 1 it is possible to do it

the op want to make his own altcoin, to mine plenty of coin at the beginning, it will be worth zero if none will know about it
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:15:30 PM

regards
Read the damn thread at least before you proceed with your signature link spam, he wants to start a new chain, not mine bitcoin with his CPU.

To OP: shouldn't be too hard to achieve this, I'd suggest you look up some tutorials on how to do this, there are quite a few on Youtube even, good luck!

Guruclef

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:31:30 PM

there are quite a few on Youtube even, good luck!

Here's one of them OP, so that you feel we at least made an effort to help Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZNvl90PC0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: