Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH to DAO swap at Bittrex  (Read 8520 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:42:19 PM

I think it is a valid concern considering that the DAO has little legal recourse or protection. What would happen if say Samsung just came in and bought out Slock.it next year? The DAO has no equity, so they would not benefit like a traditional VC would in the case of a buyout.

Who told you that?  The DAO has the same legal recourse and protection as any international company.  Why would you assume differently?  Even if Samsung bought out Slock.it they would still have to fulfil the terms of the contract or face legal sanction.
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:50:02 PM

I think it is a valid concern considering that the DAO has little legal recourse or protection. What would happen if say Samsung just came in and bought out Slock.it next year? The DAO has no equity, so they would not benefit like a traditional VC would in the case of a buyout.

Who told you that?  The DAO has the same legal recourse and protection as any international company.  Why would you assume differently?  Even if Samsung bought out Slock.it they would still have to fulfil the terms of the contract or face legal sanction.

and "terms of any contract" would be proposed and up for discussion in the two weeks prior to voting?

really curious how a proposal would be put forth and how much legalese could be disseminated by the crypto community.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

and "terms of any contract" would be proposed and up for discussion in the two weeks prior to voting?

really curious how a proposal would be put forth and how much legalese could be disseminated by the crypto community.

That's a more important question and we are still waiting to see exactly how it will be done.  I think part of the problem is it has never been done on this sort of level before - normally it would just be up to a handful of people to analyse the contract and make a decision.  Due to the scale with the DAO and it being a new process I think this will definitely require some experimentation and iteration.  I think the only way to be sure if it will work and how it will work is to actually start the process.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:45:54 PM

For those interested DAO has now surpassed what Ether raised and it's only been six days.

Currently 1.99 million ETHER worth approx $19.57 million dollars. 

Still 22 days to go and 8 days left at the discounted rate.  Any ideas as to how much the final tally will be?
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:35:47 PM

New theDAO subreddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/thedao
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:27:11 AM

Who told you that?  The DAO has the same legal recourse and protection as any international company.  Why would you assume differently?  Even if Samsung bought out Slock.it they would still have to fulfil the terms of the contract or face legal sanction.

I think this is the point most people are not getting. Before any funds are dispersed by the DAO, the proposal first needs to be presented and voted on. All these questions will need to be included within and addressed by the proposal, such as if there will be or will not be equity in the firm asking for the funds, etc. If the proposal is along the lines of simply "Send us 50 million ETH and we will put it to good use", then yes a good chance there would be little recourse or protection so you better not vote for it.

In essence, the proposal and its acceptance will be the "contract" that will protect the investors, so if there are any deficiencies these will need to be brought up and the proposal modified before it is voted on and approved. The only recourse available will be what is outlined in the proposal and associated code to execute it.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:01:06 PM

What is DAO speculation value? Ill buy some tokens today and wanna some infornation to calculate my probably profit.
Lets be rich! Wink

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 02:09:25 PM

What is DAO speculation value? Ill buy some tokens today and wanna some infornation to calculate my probably profit.
Lets be rich! Wink

The speculation value is $1 trillion per DAO token.
cryptoman77777

Activity: 2674
Merit: 528

https://moon-bot.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 06:18:37 PM

on bitrex it is now also possible to buy DAO.    Anyone tried it?

here  https://bittrex.com/balance/dao

VladimirAmfodent

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:33:24 PM

You buys tokens and get a "You have Created 3613.44917 DAO on Bittrex."
You dont get to trade it until ICO ends
Tasunko

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:53:20 AM

So I can buy DAO directly from bittrex?

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:45:40 PM

So I can buy DAO directly from bittrex?

Yes just use the link: https://bittrex.com/balance/dao
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

is or will the DAO be an incorporated legal entity?

if yes, which jurisdiction?

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:53:51 PM

This is a matter of some debate and I don't think a firm decision has been made yet as the idea is that it doesn't have to be (obviously that presents a certain amount of problems).  It's best to  search this topic on the DAOhub forums (https://daohub.org/forums.html) because I think there has already been a bit of discussion there about it.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:22:51 PM

thats not a full brainer. you go there and you can buy it. I would prefer gatecoin, you can buy there with bitcoins too.

I am very excited about the dao and how its going too to continue. I am really curious how much this one can rise? $100.000.000  maybe? who knows... time will tell.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:42:05 PM

Here's the thread on daohub: https://forum.daohub.org/t/the-legal-status-of-the-dao/
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:23:44 PM

I think is better buy DAO directly of daos site. More secure and instant buy. Buy before the 15 of May and get promo. After this the price gonna grow and pass to 1.5eth/100dao tokens

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:39:21 PM

I think is better buy DAO directly of daos site. More secure and instant buy. Buy before the 15 of May and get promo. After this the price gonna grow and pass to 1.5eth/100dao tokens

That's usually the recommended option but some people aren't used to using the Mist Wallet or their wallet is out of date and they don't want the hassle of waiting for it to catch up with the blockchain.
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:07:55 PM

That's usually the recommended option but some people aren't used to using the Mist Wallet or their wallet is out of date and they don't want the hassle of waiting for it to catch up with the blockchain.

I actually followed your instruction on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465376.msg14800057#msg14800057
I have bought few eth first and then send to my bittrex ETH wallet, transfer it and then Verify Withdrawal for DAO tokens Smiley

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:57:47 PM

I actually followed your instruction on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465376.msg14800057#msg14800057
I have bought few eth first and then send to my bittrex ETH wallet, transfer it and then Verify Withdrawal for DAO tokens Smiley

Fantastic:)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: