Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin statistics & computer learning (Weka | RapidMiner | KNIME)  (Read 654 times)
denis4inet (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:58:29 PM

Hey everyone! I have a task in university to create an system which will be analyse some data from bitcoin blockchain (because of bitcoin blockchain is related to my Master's thesis topic) using (Weka | rapidminer | knime | another computer learning/decision making technology) . I have installed knime and tried to sort out. But I  don't know which data from blockchain I can use for computer learning analyzing and how to export this data to a csv file.

1. I can write scrip which will export data from bitcoind via HTTP RPC API.
2. But I haven't any idea which data (transaction fees, transaction output amount, transaction input amount) I have to use for analyzing.

Could you make a suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Sorry if I have posted a question to incorrect forum/branch.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 11:44:19 PM

Hey everyone! I have a task in university to create an system which will be analyse some data from bitcoin blockchain (because of bitcoin blockchain is related to my Master's thesis topic) using (Weka | rapidminer | knime | another computer learning/decision making technology) . I have installed knime and tried to sort out. But I  don't know which data from blockchain I can use for computer learning analyzing and how to export this data to a csv file.

2. But I haven't any idea which data (transaction fees, transaction output amount, transaction input amount) I have to use for analyzing.

I've got a suggestion:  Stop trying to analyze the blockchain and give everybody a little privacy!  I don't believe blockchain analysis is healthy for the bitcoin community.  Only bad things can come from it.  I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way here either.  Think about what you're asking.
BitFomo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 11:55:15 PM

I've got a suggestion:  Stop trying to analyze the blockchain and give everybody a little privacy!  I don't believe blockchain analysis is healthy for the bitcoin community.  Only bad things can come from it.  I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way here either.  Think about what you're asking.

Huh? The purpose of a blockchain is so that it can be analyzed. How about you stop making useless comments to shill your signature.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 12:32:13 AM

I've got a suggestion:  Stop trying to analyze the blockchain and give everybody a little privacy!  I don't believe blockchain analysis is healthy for the bitcoin community.  Only bad things can come from it.  I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way here either.  Think about what you're asking.

Huh? The purpose of a blockchain is so that it can be analyzed. How about you stop making useless comments to shill your signature.

The purpose of the blockchain is to maintain a trustless system which doesn't have to rely on third party interference.  It's purpose has nothing to do with analytics....In fact, blockchain analytics is detrimental to the idea of fungibility....all that needs to be known is contained within the ledger--anything else is just an invasion of privacy.  If you need help understanding that a little better, here's something you can read. https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/blockchain-meets-big-data-realtime-analysis-1435183048
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:08:44 AM

Do you want us to tell you your goal? Because thats what it sounds like. If you didnt understand your task, ask the professor or whoever gave it to you.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
denis4inet (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:27:42 AM

I've got a suggestion:  Stop trying to analyze the blockchain and give everybody a little privacy!  I don't believe blockchain analysis is healthy for the bitcoin community.  Only bad things can come from it.  I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way here either.  Think about what you're asking.

I, too, for privacy Smiley But, how you plan solve the issue related to the block size (for example) without blockchain analyzing?

Do you want us to tell you your goal? Because thats what it sounds like. If you didnt understand your task, ask the professor or whoever gave it to you.

My professor doesn't know anything about bitcoin/blockchain Smiley He just teach decision making/computer learning. Students just have to come up the full task (related to decision making and to the M's topic) and solve it...
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:32:42 AM

My professor doesn't know anything about bitcoin/blockchain Smiley He just teach decision making/computer learning. Students just have to come up the full task (related to decision making and to the M's topic) and solve it...

So basically you need someone to tell you what to do, ie be your prof or be you and help you complete your task?

Read more about your task, analyse your task, what is your task? It cannot be as generic as asking someone to analyse the blockchain? You want to analyse the efficiency of the blockchain? How close to centralisation is the blockchain? Relationship of rich list? Transactions and chances of orphans? If your prof gave u such a generic task, it is up to you as a student to analyse it and come up with the best problem and best use of the blockchain to analyse something which would benefit your studies the most, are you into cryptos? How the POW from the blockchain provides integrity in which when a miner says he mines a block, no one elses can refute it as the block mined contains non repudiation material?

Whatever happened to students learning Computer Science nowadays, no more critical thinking skills i guess

denis4inet (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:40:57 AM

Read more about your task, analyse your task, what is your task? It cannot be as generic as asking someone to analyse the blockchain? You want to analyse the efficiency of the blockchain? How close to centralisation is the blockchain? Relationship of rich list? Transactions and chances of orphans? If your prof gave u such a generic task, it is up to you as a student to analyse it and come up with the best problem and best use of the blockchain to analyse something which would benefit your studies the most, are you into cryptos? How the POW from the blockchain provides integrity in which when a miner says he mines a block, no one elses can refute it as the block mined contains non repudiation material?

Whatever happened to students learning Computer Science nowadays, no more critical thinking skills i guess

Thanks for ideas. I will think about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: