Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:57:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need a web dev]My Idea, My Domain, Your skills...Baby we've got a stew going!  (Read 658 times)
FreeMark (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:50:32 AM

Alrighty, I've got a killer idea for a bitcoin website.  There is currently one like it but it's not kept up and wasn't done right. 

I've purchased the domain for this website and although I'm a CS Major, I don't know web dev.  I want someone to partner with to get this off the ground.  I'll help out as much as I can and would like to learn the ropes of web dev from you while doing this project.  I will split all profits from here on out 50/50 with you and I will personally pay for the domain.  A server is needed but that can be discussed.

If you're interested, PM me and we can discuss the details of the website in more detail.

I don't have any funds to pay you for the work but I'm willing to help/learn as we do this.

If you have any other questions, ask!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 02:48:46 PM

Alrighty, I've got a killer idea for a bitcoin website.  There is currently one like it but it's not kept up and wasn't done right. 

I've purchased the domain for this website and although I'm a CS Major, I don't know web dev.  I want someone to partner with to get this off the ground.  I'll help out as much as I can and would like to learn the ropes of web dev from you while doing this project.  I will split all profits from here on out 50/50 with you and I will personally pay for the domain.  A server is needed but that can be discussed.

If you're interested, PM me and we can discuss the details of the website in more detail.

I don't have any funds to pay you for the work but I'm willing to help/learn as we do this.

If I'm going to do all the work, why do you get 50% of the profits?  An idea is worth 10% tops.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FreeMark (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

If I'm going to do all the work, why do you get 50% of the profits?  An idea is worth 10% tops.

Good question,  The profits can be discussed but my goal is to find someone that's willing to be patient with the development while I learn web dev in the process.  I'm a CS Major and haven't had a chance to learn this side of it yet and I feel that a hands on approach would be the best learning opportunity, while working with someone that knows what they are doing.  I will provide ideas, critical thinking, and my skills as I learn them, so I'm hoping that whoever likes the idea doesn't actually want to do 50% of the work.  If that doesn't make sense, let me know, i'll try to explain the goal a little more. =]
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 03:04:48 PM

Ah, so you want someone to teach you as well.  No thanks - I have enough of my own ideas.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 03:09:49 PM

Once again I think *ideas* people ought to take a look at the Dragon's Den http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den to understand that in *the real world* ideas are rarely worth that much at all.

Coming up with ideas is something that any creative person can do *daily* but turning an *idea* into a *business* is something completely different.

If you watch the series you'll see that most of the *idea* people rarely get more than 10% of any business (if it even gets to that point).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

Yea I would never spilt profit and teach you web development. As soon as I read no funds, and I was like no. Everyone has the next great bitcoin business but sometimes that isn't true, try sharing your idea. I would certain entertain it and see if it viable.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 03:41:54 PM

Ill build it for btc but I want the btc now I dont want any 50/50 ill take 20/80 Me 20/ you 80/

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:00:12 PM

Quote from: Thomas Edison
Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.

Success is largely the result of hard work, rather than an inspired flash of insight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: