Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:52:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:12:37 AM

I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price, it would be as popular because most people who invest in and trade Bitcoin rely on its volatility for everyday's profit. Stable price also means slow growth which can also reduce bitcoin's popularity.
Bitcoin is now popular because of the price volatility, it does serve the interest of the traders like me and I am happy to trade with this kind of nature since I can actively earn. Choosing the best price is easy and especially now the most altcoins are dumping, I am wishing I have more money to buy cheap coins right now because I believe it will be back up soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 11:14:19 AM

A stable price will aid in popularizing the crypto-currency. Right now, many of the merchants are hesitant to accept Bitcoin, due to its volatility. And since confirmations take 2-3 hours sometimes, this volatility can create a lot of issues. If the exchange rates become stable, then a lot more merchants and websites will be ready to accept payments in Bitcoin.
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 918

fly or die

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:22:27 AM

There is stable and there is less volatile.

Less volatile could be good.

Stable would mean the death of BTC. At the very least it should grow some % every year, just because it's not being printed like fiat currencies are.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price, it would be this much popular because most people buy and invest in Bitcoin for the potential gains and returns they see on their investment. It's the volatility of Bitcoin which makes it one of the better investments available out there.
I agree with that. Some people are only interested in bitcoin because they know that they can have earnings with the use of it. The sudden increased in the price of bitcoin, caused by the investments, have attracted many people to be interested in it.

Months ago, I was trying to explain to a friend what bitcoin is, I told him how useful it is and etc. I also told him that I have been saving up money because of earning bitcoin online. He just shrug about it and I can see the doubt in his face. He asked me how I do it and explained it to him politely but he told me that he is not interested at all and he also told me that he thinks that he can’t do what I am doing. I feel so sad after that. But yesterday, his chat suddenly pops out and it contains questions about bitcoin. He mentioned about the video of an 18-year old guy who is now a billionaire at that age because of bitcoin. This clearly shows how someone can suddenly be interested in something he once thought that was just a scam.

KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:28:29 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I think it would not be popular. One of the quality of the bitcoin that many people are always attracted is because of the price. The price is the main reason why bitcoin is popular.
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:50:59 PM

A stable price will reduce the popularity of bitcoin, because most users use it only for earnings. With a stable exchange rate, it will simply be an electronic currency which is complete.

Nah dude, i'm not sure about that. There's also have a good affect if bitcoin had a stable price, i'm sure bitcoin will still popular even the price of bitcoin become stable. A stable price is good for long investment though.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 03:11:09 PM

A stable price will reduce the popularity of bitcoin, because most users use it only for earnings. With a stable exchange rate, it will simply be an electronic currency which is complete.

Nah dude, i'm not sure about that. There's also have a good affect if bitcoin had a stable price, i'm sure bitcoin will still popular even the price of bitcoin become stable. A stable price is good for long investment though.

In my personal opinion If it was stable, it would have been easier to use bitcoins as day to day currency, but due to its limited supply and increasing difficulty, it's price will keep on rising until people won't afford to buy it and will become worthless oneday.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:25:57 PM

It'd still be popular with investors, just not as much with traders is my opinion. Of course if that stable price was 0.0000001 USD like many bankrupt penny stocks then it wouldn't be popular with anyone except as a tax write off.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price, it would be as popular because most people who invest in and trade Bitcoin rely on its volatility for everyday's profit. Stable price also means slow growth which can also reduce bitcoin's popularity.
- I agree with you, many people know bitcoin because the price of bitcoin fluctuates every day every hour. If Bitcoin had a stable price, it will not be too popular. In addition, traders and investors will not make a profit from bitcoin if the price of bitcoin does not fluctuate, so they will always find ways to create volatility and change the price of bitcoin. The stable price will make bitcoin lose its attractiveness to many people, so i believe stable prices will not happen if Bitcoin wants to continue to become more popular and developed

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:15:25 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I think it would not be popular. One of the quality of the bitcoin that many people are always attracted is because of the price. The price is the main reason why bitcoin is popular.

Really Huh If bitcoin price was a bit more stable and less volatile it would have been much more popular. People who are weighing bitcoin in terms of its price are just in for the quick money, without giving a thought that bitcoin was meant to be used a mode of exchange/currency. If the price was stable most of the major e-commerce stores would have already accepted bitcoin, users would not have been skeptical, wondering if they use bitcoin to buy a thing today, would they be able to buy it again using the same amount of bitcoin tomorrow.

As bitcoin users grow and people start using bitcoin more as an currency rather than just as a trading tool, bitcoin price would stabilize and the traders would not be able manipulate the market.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:23:24 PM

I don't think that if Bitcoin had a stable price, it would be this much popular because most people buy and invest in Bitcoin for the potential gains and returns they see on their investment. It's the volatility of Bitcoin which makes it one of the better investments available out there.
yes  i also think that it will remain as popular  because the local investors will become confident to invest money in bitcoin for transaction purpose and for long term purpose.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:32:46 PM

I think it would be not so popular as it is right now. People who try to earn money wouldn`t put it in bitcoin because of inflation, stable price means loss. In this case it would be useless to keep your money in bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:51:54 PM

I think it would be not so popular as it is right now. People who try to earn money wouldn`t put it in bitcoin because of inflation, stable price means loss. In this case it would be useless to keep your money in bitcoin.
When did you start investing in anything and i am not sure whether you are an adult,where did you study that a stable price means loss. Tongue If the price of any commodity is stable then it means it could avoid inflation and deflation which is a big thing,bitcoin is popular because of the protocol and not because of its price,yes the price has attracted many but there are people here well before there was any value for bitcoin.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:07:32 PM

Really Huh If bitcoin price was a bit more stable and less volatile it would have been much more popular. People who are weighing bitcoin in terms of its price are just in for the quick money, without giving a thought that bitcoin was meant to be used a mode of exchange/currency. If the price was stable most of the major e-commerce stores would have already accepted bitcoin, users would not have been skeptical, wondering if they use bitcoin to buy a thing today, would they be able to buy it again using the same amount of bitcoin tomorrow.

As bitcoin users grow and people start using bitcoin more as an currency rather than just as a trading tool, bitcoin price would stabilize and the traders would not be able manipulate the market.

You are being so hypocrite right now. You are the type of person that thinks that bitcoin should have a more stable price but then again would be the happiest person on Earth when the price of bitcoin has increased. So ironic that some people here are promoting that bitcoin should have a stable price. If the price of bitcoin was stable, we wouldn't have this massive increase in our money. Except if you never had bitcoins in the first place, of course.

I don't see any change in the merchants' stance when it comes to accepting bitcoins even when the price has gone stable. Bitcoin would have no difference than any digital currency out there if the price fluctuation will just be a couple of cents. Paypal is much more popular and they would think that bitcoin is just some new payment method that no one's actually using. Hence, they will just neglect bitcoin's existence.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

It's hard to tell. Maybe if the stability of its value is high, it will be popular in to most of the people especially the investors. But there are still people who aims for its characteristic of being unstable. Why? Because they are taking advantage of the dipping, wherein they can buy more bitcoin becase of poeple who are panic selling, then they'll wait until the price increased again.

Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:14:54 PM

Of course not, if the price is stable then bitcoin is not different from fiat money or internet payment system before that is paypal, payza, liberty reserve and so on.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:18:51 PM

I don't  think so. It is one of the reason why it became popular. Having a non-stable price of bitcoin makes the possibility of the increase of bitcoin. Sometimes it may dumped but consistency is no such thing.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:46:38 PM

Of course not, if the price is stable then bitcoin is not different from fiat money or internet payment system before that is paypal, payza, liberty reserve and so on.

Your correct about that mate, there is no difference between fiat and bitcoin it it became stabilized of it's price in the market. For me, bitcoin should not be stabilized of it's price value because it's a most trusted trading system which appreciated by most investors due to it volatile character which really moves unpredictable fluctuations.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

I think no, if this become the idea of bitcoin it will never become popular, because if we talk the stable price  we have own currency in our country or they much better to choose the dollar because it is also popular and demand around the world. Bitcoin is popular because its price is not stable, they choose the other because they want an extra income. This the reason why investor used this as business, and if become stable I think no one will supply the bitcoin and it will phase out in our market

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TropicalDog

Activity: 300
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:45:32 AM

I think no.  You know,at the very first time of bitcoin, its value is less than one cent, and if today its value still stable, no one will care about it, and bitcoin might be considered as dust..
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: