Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:43:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:26:56 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin is popular because of its volatility and I would also think that only traders will be the ones who are affected when it becomes a stable price. What I mean about that is there are different users of Bitcoin and not even the majority of it is Bitcoin, I for once even get disappointed when the price of Bitcoin falls down to 1000$ when its time for me to convert my accumulated Bitcoin that I hold. So my answer is it depends on the type of user the Bitcoin has. If Bitcoin becomes a stable currency then it won't be popular to Traders or even Investors in that situation. Also another scenario I might see is that when Bitcoin becomes stable maybe many people will start to accept it especially businesses because they know that their income won't be affected.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

Yes, but it would be propped up by altcoins that didn't have a stable price.  People would buy into Bitcoin and hold it to avoid the inflation of fiat currencies, as well as to trade with altcoins that they believe will rise and use that to increase their Bitcoin stock as if it were USDT.
Right now we see how volatile the price of bitcoin and altcoins even they have a big volume already, I guess it's hard to see a stable price since it is not controlled by one person only. The supply and demand rule will always play and knowing the market of crypto we see how the demand of people changes from time to time. They shift from bitcoin to alts and vice versa, especially the traders with big holdings.
Yes it seems that bitcoin cannot get a stable price because of the price volatility and the unstable investors because most of the bitcoin users or investors migrate to altcoin when the price is low and vice versa. So i don't think it will be easy for bitcoin to get that dream which is stable price but if bitcoin will get that i think it'll still be popular.
but i think we can see that now the price of bitcoin remain as more stable as compare it to previous time. i  am hopeful that in future the price of bitcoin will remain more stable and there will be no concept of panic selling.

Don't you need to phrase it that way, we all have the same expectations. For all people also want to have the advantage, price bitcoin is the most crowded or advantageous to users of the bitcoin. You focus it what be your desire in the bitcoin, because with only focus on your Favorites in the bitcoin will be far more profitable than you think with the price of the bitcoin. bitcoin is not a place that just the thought of seeking profits, but a place to make we can think to continue to develop our skills

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:08:00 PM

It would be even more popular as a currency with a stable price, but in order to have a stable price it will need a much larger market cap first.

A global currency that is used widely around the world can never have a stable price if it doesn't at least have a market cap of about a trillion dollars.

You are correct in that area and I believe that for bitcoin to reach a stable price it must become an official legal tender of the world. Being stable in value means that bitcoin is already accepted and being used as replacement to fiat currency. By using simple logic bitcoins stability in value means that it is already used by all people around the world and bitcoin will not just be popular people will crave for it.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:27:30 PM

if the price is stable, then the bitcoin aka remains popular as ever
if the price came down still wrote popular because many devotees
That excess bitcoin.
CODE200

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:54:29 PM

Yes i think that if bitcoin has a stable price it would be definitely still be popular because bitcoin can help people to buy there own needs that some people would be interested to join or use bitcoin to buy the things that they ever wanted.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:32:19 PM

In some countries, Bitcoin is still unfamiliar to people especially people who are not tech savvy. Once they heard that it has an incredible price, it could either go both ways, they will like it or not. It's just the person how he will react.
bitcoin probably will remain popular because there are still many users who liked the price stable. because they think it will be much safer. and of course a lot of people will not be afraid to adopt bitcoin

If bitcoin is stable then more people will adapting bitcoin for business, more local shop will accepting bitcoin because they can calculate their profit, if bitcoin price is unstable then it will be good for trading, so no matter what is happening bitcoin will be popular
lol a stable / stuck price will never be a reason why people will move to adopt bitcoin.

the current bitcoin volatile price are a special characteristic for bitcoin , it should be there forever. just the matter how you can take it as an advantage or keep dreaming / expecting the price of bitcoin to become stable just like an ordinary fiat currency ? id on't think so.

You have a valid point. Bitcoin volatility what makes it special. It has even compared to gold in terms of volatility. The real challenge as a bitcoin investor is to determine bitcoin’s fair value. But you have take notice that even with price instability, still a lot of investors are getting into bitcoin because they know that they will gain a profit because of its price instability.
bitcoin are more than just about price only , people have to know that.

it is a revolutionary financial system , in the future bitcoin expected to become the leading digital money and even applied in the government banking system , some country has started to do research about this , japan are one of them , the more people use bitcoin the more demand then bitcoin existence will never disappear no matter how much the price.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:41:19 PM

Yes i think that if bitcoin has a stable price it would be definitely still be popular because bitcoin can help people to buy there own needs that some people would be interested to join or use bitcoin to buy the things that they ever wanted.
It seems to me that the more stable the currency the more demand. Steady increase in the price of bitcoin may not last permanently therefore, to invest in bitcoin in order to cash in on the growth rate is stupid. If the exchange rate is stable, there will be many who want to protect their savings from inflation.
fantomy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:41:37 PM

more popular! well at least more popular to me  Cool stable price = never having to put money in usd tether again
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:08:40 PM

in my side since bitcoin stated with the low price and become this way maybe yes we can see the real future of bitcoin year past and stil lbitcoin becoming more popular it start with cents but now see what bitcoin can do with people bitcoin helps people to earn money without soo much worked for it. Just analyze things and you'll might know
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:35:09 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
The beauty of "bitcoin is it values. Like bitcoin white paper said bitcoin will rather became something valuable or nothing" by this what makes bitcoin popular is it values and price fluctuations. Bitcoin will be nothing if the price is stagnant. We are all here because we see that when you buy bitcoin today you can sell tomorrow with profit.
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:05:15 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
The beauty of "bitcoin is it values. Like bitcoin white paper said bitcoin will rather became something valuable or nothing" by this what makes bitcoin popular is it values and price fluctuations. Bitcoin will be nothing if the price is stagnant. We are all here because we see that when you buy bitcoin today you can sell tomorrow with profit.

Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that's why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin. 
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:44:18 AM

I fully agree. All Bitcoin holders are looking for some possible gains and if they don't gain anything then what's the use. This is the reason why many are considering Bitcoin to be an asset or investment because of the possible increase in value. Unlike with fiat money that can reduce in value due to many factors like exchange rates and inflationary pull. Take away this feature and I don't think Bitcoin will grow by leaps and bounds. We all want to get something or we always think "What's in it for me" and that is just normal. Smiley
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:06:38 AM

See first of all logically it can't happen.
Moreover even if such a thing happens,
Bitcoin might loose a lot of users.
But I don't think that everyone will stop using it,
Still bitcoin will remain a form of currency.
Those who has invested in it will have to use it .
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:25:51 AM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
your correct i remember my friend that one who reffer to me in bitcointalk and explain the useful of bitcoin they say as of now bitcoin is not popular because many people don't know what is bitcoin but in the future people realize that bitcoin is Very important.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:21:38 PM

I personally think it would be even more popular, since people would be able to convert fiat to Bitcoin and hold them without having to worry about it losing value.
It would be used more as a real payment method than it is now.

The only reason why bitcoin is so popular is because of the price. It changes its price randomly. So if the price of bitcoin is on stable pricenof 500$ for example, would it still be popular compared today ? Thats actually the most special thing about bitcoin ..
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:34:44 PM

If you save bitcoins from start to now, the bitcoin you have will worse more than what it was. If for example bitcoin will have stable price as any digital currency, people will recognize it as a digital payment currency, that's just made for buying something. And it will stay unique because of his characteristics, no other currency had that it will be the main reason why bitcoin so unique

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:40:36 PM

Let's get this straight – people use bitcoin because it is money. One single coin that is worth more than  USD$1000 sure to get attention. With the price getting higher, old miners are tempted to return to bitcoin mining again, because it is worth it. Price is all that people care about – not the technical ones, though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 12:41:50 PM

I personally think it would be even more popular, since people would be able to convert fiat to Bitcoin and hold them without having to worry about it losing value.

The only reason why bitcoin is so popular is because of the price. It changes its price randomly. So if the price of bitcoin is on stable pricenof 500$ for example, would it still be popular compared today ? Thats actually the most special thing about bitcoin ..

What is the most special thing in Bitcoin, its volatility?

If Bitcoin value (not to be confused with its price) is to become rock solid and extremely stable, many merchants would be happy to use Bitcoin a means of payment (just like they use the US dollar right now). So while it could lose some of its popularity among short-term traders and scalpers as well as other speculators, it would certainly gain it among other folks who don't need its volatility so much. Add to this instant payments and you will get an ideal currency (quite close to)

Maximilian_333

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:55:03 PM

I disagree with you. Price is of course important, but bitcoin offers us a world without borders. You don't need to worry about paying taxes and fees. In addition, in any country where there is Internet you can use your money.
Mbokani

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:04:21 PM

Let's get this straight – people use bitcoin because it is money. One single coin that is worth more than  USD$1000 sure to get attention. With the price getting higher, old miners are tempted to return to bitcoin mining again, because it is worth it. Price is all that people care about – not the technical ones, though.
It is not that easy as it sounds to return to mining and they know that they left the mining scene simply because it is not profitable and you really cannot compete with corporate mining which is the standard now,just the price and stories behind it attracts people into bitcoin and the idea and technology behind it is the attracting force .
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: