Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:44:14 PM

I think  its  popularity  would  somehow decrease   because   traders  would really switch  to  another  crypto which has   more  volatile price  because they   only make  money on that  movements  of each coin  thats  why  they  should  definitely  switch  to another coin  but  in other  story  it  would be  popular to some  merchants.
yes since bitcoin popularity is increasing so whether the price will be stable it will make more and more adoption coming from merchants
that wants to try using the system and btc holders will increase as well for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:28:05 PM

I think  its  popularity  would  somehow decrease   because   traders  would really switch  to  another  crypto which has   more  volatile price  because they   only make  money on that  movements  of each coin  thats  why  they  should  definitely  switch  to another coin  but  in other  story  it  would be  popular to some  merchants.
yeah traders usually prefer fast movement or prices fluctuate, so that they can benefit quickly ? maybe traders will not use bitcoin as price being stable
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:12:03 PM

This question does split my opinion, because less volatility could mean more people at bitcoin, without those bubble bitcoin would be today an asset similiar like gold, for other side several huge investment made into bitcoin as mining farmers wouldnt get such interest into bitcoin, and bitcoin could be worthing just 20 dollars todays.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:22:10 PM

if it happens, is likely bitcoin is still popular, but many people will stop playing trading, and excess bitcoin will be reduced again. price stability, although sometimes this is very annoying, however, I think it is one of the advantages of bitcoin. so although bitcoin is still popular, but I think the demand has diminished
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:29:26 PM

Investors in Bitcoin (and most all other altcoins) are hoping for an increase in price.
Trading is one of the things that make BTC popular.

There is something to be said for a currency that stays at a consistent value- it can be a safe investment during uncertain times.

Dogecoin and Litecoin didn't move in price much during the Zcash release.
I know some investors already believe these to be strong havens during volatile markets,
and I would not be shocked if that became their main purpose.

delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 02:16:53 AM

if it happens, is likely bitcoin is still popular, but many people will stop playing trading, and excess bitcoin will be reduced again. price stability, although sometimes this is very annoying, however, I think it is one of the advantages of bitcoin. so although bitcoin is still popular, but I think the demand has diminished
I agree That high price increased is one of bitcoin advantage. hai friend do you know that bitcoin price would not stable?? yes techincaly, bitcoin price will never stable againdt giat. why?? becouse Goverment is print out money every years depend of the strenght of the country. so The amount of fiat is increaded but the value is reduced. so Bitcoin price will always rise becouse bitcoin have no inflation. so that one of bitcoin advantage will not gone. so do not worry about it.skill full trader will always get their profit in trading.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:29:48 AM

yeah traders usually prefer fast movement or prices fluctuate, so that they can benefit quickly ? maybe traders will not use bitcoin as price being stable

You are right with that, that is what I am thinking too. Because traders won't get their time wasted into things that are not going to move and doesn't have a chance to get some profit. So for me, that is i assume to happen too. It won't be popular if the price is going to be stable and the traders and investors will back out their investments with bitcoin.
It would be the new generation of adopters that will be here if the price will be stable and I would say bitcoin will still be popular and for sure it would more popular than the current situation, therefore we need to have this opportunity since the price of bitcoin is not that popular yet and we can invest and trade at the same time.

Time will come when the price will be stable and we realize no chance to make money anymore, then sell our bitcoins and enjoy the profit.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 11:16:22 AM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would probably be just as popular or even more popular. I think this is the case because when its stable it will me attractive for businesses aswell which will reap in more and more people so some investors leave some join.
Even the bitcoin price is not that stable it always be a popular you way back 2015 when the price of bitcoin is so much cheaper than the price right now if you compare the price before in to the present one you will see the big difference in the price and you will encourage to use bitcoin as well investors are still using bitcoin whenever it is low
Not really sure about that's if the price of bitcoin stable its depends how many store will adopt bitcoin and if not much of course many investor will leave bitcoin.
I don't think the stores and investors will remain in bitcoin if it has a stable price. If that is so, then they will just going to choose fiat money at all.

And don't need it to make it digital as there are some payment processors already making fiat money as digital currency already.

That is why many investors are getting into bitcoins because of its unstable price.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

If bitcoin had a stable price it would probably be just as popular or even more popular. I think this is the case because when its stable it will me attractive for businesses aswell which will reap in more and more people so some investors leave some join.
Even the bitcoin price is not that stable it always be a popular you way back 2015 when the price of bitcoin is so much cheaper than the price right now if you compare the price before in to the present one you will see the big difference in the price and you will encourage to use bitcoin as well investors are still using bitcoin whenever it is low
Not really sure about that's if the price of bitcoin stable its depends how many store will adopt bitcoin and if not much of course many investor will leave bitcoin.
I don't think the stores and investors will remain in bitcoin if it has a stable price. If that is so, then they will just going to choose fiat money at all.

And don't need it to make it digital as there are some payment processors already making fiat money as digital currency already.

That is why many investors are getting into bitcoins because of its unstable price.

first of all stores, and merchants in general would love it if price is stable, and also people who want to use bitcoin as currency would love it if they could be sure that $1 worth of bitcoin would be the same in a couple of months and doesn't go down.

second of all traders won't like it but they won't leave the market either. just the same way they have been trading USD, EUR, .... and so many other fiat currencies that have the same value (nearly stable price).

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 12:09:31 PM

I agree. if bitcoin doesn't have value that increases then there's no person will join this community. we're all here because bitocin has a value that increase. a good chance to invest. sooner, later or in the future it will gives as a lot of profits.  Wink
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 01:50:32 PM

first of all stores, and merchants in general would love it if price is stable, and also people who want to use bitcoin as currency would love it if they could be sure that $1 worth of bitcoin would be the same in a couple of months and doesn't go down.

second of all traders won't like it but they won't leave the market either. just the same way they have been trading USD, EUR, .... and so many other fiat currencies that have the same value (nearly stable price).

The price of bitcoin will always move just by the simple supply and demand law. It's actually a good thing for everyone. They can earn by just holding their coins. Everyone can be a trader, even the store owners can do it. So maybe instead of thinking that the price of bitcoin should be stable, earn by playing with the price of it.

To those people who wants to have a 1$ worth of bitcoin and still want it to be 1$ worth of bitcoin tomorrow, I suggest that they continue using fiat. It will never happen in bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 02:23:13 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 02:37:03 PM by deisik

People typically trade currencies on derivatives markets (futures and options markets, before all) and with a leverage, which works as an amplification mechanism, so that even small changes in the price of the underlying cause significant changes in the price of the derivatives. This greatly increases potential profits as well as losses. And if Bitcoin price becomes really rock stable, a Bitcoin derivatives market might eventually evolve...

In this way, the Bitcoin price stability wouldn't be an issue for rewarding as well as devastating trading

Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:27:21 PM

The price of bitcoin will always move just by the simple supply and demand law. It's actually a good thing for everyone. They can earn by just holding their coins. Everyone can be a trader, even the store owners can do it. So maybe instead of thinking that the price of bitcoin should be stable, earn by playing with the price of it.

To those people who wants to have a 1$ worth of bitcoin and still want it to be 1$ worth of bitcoin tomorrow, I suggest that they continue using fiat. It will never happen in bitcoins.
Fiat is money while bitcoin is investment at least for now. The risk is on investment but only in investment where we have a chance to grow our money. So when the price will be stable, we will no longer earn if we will not invest today.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 02:31:04 PM

Fiat is money while bitcoin is investment at least for now. The risk is on investment but only in investment where we have a chance to grow our money. So when the price will be stable, we will no longer earn if we will not invest today.

I think bitcoin price will continue to grow big everyday. Hence buying bitcoins and holding them/trading on them is a good investment. Stable price would attract more merchants to accept it but the traders would stop using it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:58:57 PM

yes since bitcoin popularity is increasing so whether the price will be stable it will make more and more adoption coming from merchants
that wants to try using the system and btc holders will increase as well for sure.
Yeah you are right that bitcoin are getting more popularity and more people and merchant adopting the bitcoin and now we are able to use bitcoin for direct shopping and you can check the bitcoin price is increasing very faster and maximum people more hold their bitcoin for higher price .
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:17:14 PM

In my view only time can give the right answer, because there are users who stands away from bitcoin and other digital currencies due to the fluctuating price. At the same most users who were using bitcoin for a long got attracted by the varying price. So rather than these strategies people need to understand the true potential of bitcoin. Only then they can have a satisfaction with bitcoin usage.
These are those people who stay attached to bitcoin because of its varying price who are traders and buy and sell bitcoins and who hold bitcoins for future for them the fluctuation in price is better while those people who only want to store their money in bitcoin and who want to start their long term business in bitcoin they want a stable price of bitcoin.
bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:32:10 PM

if bitcoin has a stable price then it will surely preparing for something big but yes it will be popular a lot if it has a stable price not like the faints but as a little risky than frequently ups and down that will atleast slow down the risk level for everyone

bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:35:37 PM

I think if the price went constantly down it would lose popularity. Price has to go up long term to keep new interest.  Even with the current slow increase we've been having over last year or so its still not enough to get people interested.  Bitcoin social media is quiet still unless we get new ATHs.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
lakisis

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 09:43:28 PM

I think if the price went constantly down it would lose popularity. Price has to go up long term to keep new interest.  Even with the current slow increase we've been having over last year or so its still not enough to get people interested.  Bitcoin social media is quiet still unless we get new ATHs.
i agree with you if bitcoin drop its price then people will be never interested in bitcoin but bitcoin more increasing its price and a lot of people want to adopt the bitcoin and bitcoin price depend on adoption of bitcoin when adoption increase then bitcoin price already increase and when adoption decrease then bitcoin price already decreasing.
mirakal
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1290

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:55:59 AM

I believe that stability comes hand in hand with the amount of trust people would put into a currency. The more it is trusted, the more people will use it. Because in the minds of ordinary consumers, stability is what matters most.
Of course that is the way to achieve price stability, for sure we will reach into that level in the future.. The price of bitcoin now is not yet stable and it has gain the interest of the investors an traders and now is the right time to invest because in the future it will be stable.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: