Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171696 times)
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:31:34 PM

No!!!
People would never had love it then. Bitcoin is very popular as investment among many due to it's flexibility. It has very high potential and it's price is improving day by day.
You have to know the traders are not much here with bitcoin then other business owners and online earners and if they see the price as stable then they will love that currency and will keep their money as bitcoin for longer time.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:02:20 PM

No!!!
People would never had love it then. Bitcoin is very popular as investment among many due to it's flexibility. It has very high potential and it's price is improving day by day.
You have to know the traders are not much here with bitcoin then other business owners and online earners and if they see the price as stable then they will love that currency and will keep their money as bitcoin for longer time.
If price is stable what is the use of holding bitcoin then? Instead people will use other currencies, it's popularity goes down.

Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:24:05 PM

Nope. Interest would die off. Most are here for the prospect of price movement. I doubt usage would increase as the cost and inconvenience of obtaining them is always going to be with us.

Exactly, the reason why people are investing in Bitcoin is due to the returns. The use of Bitcoin for malicious reasons is not a huge percentage of the total population.
Most of the rich Bitcoin people are just waiting for it to explode.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:11:00 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

yeah, i think if bitcoin had a more stable price it could become much more popular but an stable price doesn't have to be necessarily tiny price changes like 1-10 cents. an stable price can be achieved if the price don't move with sudden swings like $20-$50 in a day to a week.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16655

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 06:35:05 AM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
I don't think so. Bitcoin hits the news when its price explodes, and its price explodes when it hits the news. This has happened several times in the past.
Compare it to the stock market: would stocks be popular if the price would be stable? At least stocks can pay dividend to get some return, bitcoin can only give a positive return if the value goes up.
That being said, the people "holding" bitcoin waiting for an increase do so to get more dollars. It will be a long time before bitcoin itself is enough to use everywhere without converting to fiat first.

Bitcoin is by design aiming for deflation. The supply of new bitcoins slowly dries up (most bitcoins are mined already!), while fiat money is continuously created aiming for inflation. That means - as long as it is popular - bitcoin will always go up in value if you measure it in dollars/euros. It may be more stable against gold at some point in the far future.

betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:40:01 AM

Well that is what fiat is right now. I guess it wouldn't be as popular as most people invest in Bitcoin just to make money. That's my opinion.
may be a lot of people out of bitcoin. you see a lot of users bitcoin is a trader? if bitcoin become stable course they will seek a more volatile coins?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:19:30 AM

When bitcoin price stabilizes it will be more popular.

Yes. But which exchange rate should we take as the benchmark. There are multiple number of them. Examples are BTC vs Gold, BTC vs LTC, BTC vs Silver, BTC vs Brent Crude, BTC vs USD, BTC vs UKP, BTC vs CNY, BTC vs EUR, and BTC vs JPY. I want BTC to stabilize against gold. Fiat is not protected against inflation, and therefore exchange rate against them doesn't matter much.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:35:11 AM

Merchants love stable prices so they don't all of a sudden lose half of their money by not converting it right away but some traders will also lose interest due to less profits day traders will be having so I guess there'll be some pros and cons as well.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:01:27 AM

Yes, the user will be prefer if bitcoin has a stable price, so it can become a good long investment tool, but if the price drop too low i think people will abandon bitcoin and find another coin
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:14:46 AM

Nope. Interest would die off. Most are here for the prospect of price movement. I doubt usage would increase as the cost and inconvenience of obtaining them is always going to be with us.

Exactly, the reason why people are investing in Bitcoin is due to the returns. The use of Bitcoin for malicious reasons is not a huge percentage of the total population.
Most of the rich Bitcoin people are just waiting for it to explode.

Some have interest to bitcoin is also because of its use, we use btc to buy investments here in the community so btc will always be the first choice even when there are new altcoins today that see to be promising. people will always have interest to btc for merchants accepts it... for gamblers, btc will be great to have.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:19:59 AM

but if the price drop too low i think people will abandon bitcoin and find another coin

Some of the newer users might abandon Bitcoin in favor of some shitcoin, but the ideologically motivated users, who make up for the majority of the earlier users are not going to abandon it. I have seen Bitcoin dropping from $1,250 per coin to $230 per coin. Still, I held on to the majority of my coins. And what makes you think that these shitcoins will give you profit?
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:33:41 AM

No!!!
If price is stable what is the use of holding bitcoin then? Instead people will use other currencies, it's popularity goes down.
Exactly. There is really no reason people would invest in Bitcoin if the price wasn't rising and was just stable. People want money and stable price equals very little money gain.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:35:17 AM

yes i think if bitcoin have a stable price will be better, at least bitcoin stable at $1000. chances are many people who invest in bitcoin, so that bitcoin is becoming increasingly popular.
Y.Job

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Check my CyberSecurity Shop

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:40:17 AM

Yeah it will, they will see it as more secure.

Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:56:44 AM

i am sure that bitcoin traders and buyers/sellers wouldn't be interested in it anymore as stable bitcoin means no profit for them, they would start to use litecoins, etherium and others

but normal people would like it more as now they are afraid that price will fall and they will lose their money, if price would be stable, there would be much more bitcoins users

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:05:51 PM

i am sure that bitcoin traders and buyers/sellers wouldn't be interested in it anymore as stable bitcoin means no profit for them, they would start to use litecoins, etherium and others

but normal people would like it more as now they are afraid that price will fall and they will lose their money, if price would be stable, there would be much more bitcoins users

Well yeah traders woulndt see it profitable for them because they cannot do exchange with it and get profit because price are steady but its ok for us because it has lessen chance to lose money for price drop and it would be gain trust for those people who are afraid to stake becAuse.of price drop

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:09:42 PM

I think that a more stable price will only attract more people to using BTC. I mean perhaps the main reason that is stopping more people using BTC is volatility.  Wink
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:12:06 PM

This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.
Although I do agree with you, take into consideration the traders. They want volatility and may probably lose interest in BTC and look for futher Altcoins. So i think it depends on who you are.
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:14:46 PM

Big company won't accept bitcoin nowaday because of its fluctuation will give risk
Yeah, I also think the same a number of big companies do not join bitcoin because they have the fear of its price volatility, and if that fear of those companies removed with the price stability then bitcoin will get its popularity.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:18:35 PM

yes i think if bitcoin have a stable price will be better, at least bitcoin stable at $1000. chances are many people who invest in bitcoin, so that bitcoin is becoming increasingly popular.

The block reward halving is only a few weeks away (63 days?), so let's hope that it will get Bitcoin to the $1,000 mark for the first time. I am saying "first time" because the last time when Bitcoin went over the $1,000 mark, the Mt Gox exchange guys had rigged the order books. In reality, Bitcoin never went over the $1,000 mark.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: