Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular?  (Read 171703 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:02:37 PM

Not as popular but still relatively popular. Bitcoin was many popular mainly by the media, with all the shit about price skyrocketing, Craig Wright, and exchange exit scams.

If it wasn't for the media, bitcoin will be just used by cryptography fanatics.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:17:00 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I don't think Bitcoin will have a stable price it's the community that has the say what will be it's price it's the demand it's very volatile but at this point of time it is going up because of the halving..

adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:30:31 PM

Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?

I don't think Bitcoin will have a stable price it's the community that has the say what will be it's price it's the demand it's very volatile but at this point of time it is going up because of the halving..

Yeah you are right. It's hard to make bitcoin's price stable, but it can stable if all people around the world and the government accept bitcoin.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:39:02 PM

Yes I think it will still be pretty popular to be honest, although the fact is the halving will be less more good for us all.
mariz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:52:07 PM

if the price of bitcoin is only 0.01 - 0.10 dollars , i can say bitcoin will not become that popular not like its popularity today and it will be just labeled as an alt coin only, some will invest and wait for the right time to sell it,
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:20:51 PM

Yeah you are right. It's hard to make bitcoin's price stable, but it can stable if all people around the world and the government accept bitcoin.
Even then Bitcoin will not get stable. Also, governments will never directly accept Bitcoin as form of payment or in whatever other form.

The only thing they might be interested in is the technology behind Bitcoin for usage within the government. That's all.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:38:48 PM

If Bitcoin had a stable value, it would probably less popular among investors but more popular among consumers and businesses. Bitcoin is quite popular among some freelancers and gamblers because of the fairly unregulated nature of Bitcoin, so as long as that aspect remains there will always be people using it, regardless of if the price was stable or not.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:33:13 PM

If Bitcoin had a stable value, it would probably less popular among investors but more popular among consumers and businesses. Bitcoin is quite popular among some freelancers and gamblers because of the fairly unregulated nature of Bitcoin, so as long as that aspect remains there will always be people using it, regardless of if the price was stable or not.
The thing is we need to provide the interest of the majority in order for this bitcoin to prosper, right now bitcoins is still in its early stage due to the fact that major merchants are hesitant to adopt due to price instability.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:55:05 AM

That thinh to bitcoin will never ever happen again and it will not be back to that price.But if that would happen again.I think many users will buy and store bitcoins and they will wait untill its price will be stable again between $400-$500 thats not imposible that if bitcoin will fell to $.01-$.10 again it will rise up again just like a new start for bitcoin.But for me thats imposible now that bitcoin will drop like that.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:16:00 PM

Bitcoin would never be as popular as it is right now if the price was just stable for ever. That means that you cannot use it as a investment but only a a currency. The fact that you can use it as a investment is what is attracting people.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 03:29:08 AM

Bitcoin would never be as popular as it is right now if the price was just stable for ever. That means that you cannot use it as a investment but only a a currency. The fact that you can use it as a investment is what is attracting people.
I don't think so, if you observe well, the price of bitcoins now is just due to the demand or should I say some manipulation by the whales, if it becomes stable that means there are balance of usage on a daily basis so with that we can convince big businesses like merchants to adopt to our society and use bitcoins as a means of online transactions.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Zedpust

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:35:48 AM

I don't think so, if you observe well, the price of bitcoins now is just due to the demand or should I say some manipulation by the whales, if it becomes stable that means there are balance of usage on a daily basis so with that we can convince big businesses like merchants to adopt to our society and use bitcoins as a means of online transactions.

I would like the price to be stable, not too volatile. But it should also rise gradually, say, 2-5% a month.
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:23:37 AM

Not as popular but still relatively popular. Bitcoin was many popular mainly by the media, with all the shit about price skyrocketing, Craig Wright, and exchange exit scams.

but I think if the price was stable then it would be more popular as with that a large number of people would adopt it for their busines and everyone would like to put all of their money to bitcoin without any fear.
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:54:42 AM

but I think if the price was stable then it would be more popular as with that a large number of people would adopt it for their busines and everyone would like to put all of their money to bitcoin without any fear.
i doubt that, the main thing why people got into bitcoins that much when the price started to fluctuate wildly

in my opinion bitcoins wouldnt be so popular if their price will be much more stable than now

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:34:14 PM

there are some people who say that it might happen? if the user has covered all over the world. bitcoin price certainly will not move fast? it depends on the demand of the user. if bitcoin prices stable of course people will get used to it. because of their stable will not happen right away need process

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:45:46 PM

Bitcoin with a stable price will be as popular as it is as of now. The demand is always remain greater of bitcoins.  The current price rise is surely due to halving and bulk buying by the Chinese as indicated by few threads here on this forum. No other Altcoin (even having stable prices) can come close to the value of bitcoins.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:22:22 PM

I think if Bitcoin has a stable price i think it would be popular also but many traders didnt earn here so there are possibility that they find another bitcoin and i think if they find that. Thats the most popular than bitcoin. But i think bitcoin cant be stable price until u.s didnt say that this bitcoin is Global Currency nor National currency
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:03:32 PM

I think if Bitcoin has a stable price i think it would be popular also but many traders didnt earn here so there are possibility that they find another bitcoin and i think if they find that. Thats the most popular than bitcoin. But i think bitcoin cant be stable price until u.s didnt say that this bitcoin is Global Currency nor National currency
yeah the traders would surely not make any profit from all the trades that they do right now also people wouldnt find bitcoin so interesting if they were not able to make any profit out of it

i think that it is really great that bitcoin price is fluctuating that wildly at the moment because it not only allows us to make profit but it also attracts a lot of new investors into it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
pearl11

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:04:24 PM

If thats the price no one will have interest on bitcoin right now,cause  its useless and worthless.
And that will lead to hatred and frustrations.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:24:32 PM

If thats the price no one will have interest on bitcoin right now,cause  its useless and worthless.
And that will lead to hatred and frustrations.
And how exactly will BTC stable price will lead to hatred? I thought that every currency ultimate goal is to achieve stable price.
Free from inflation and whimsical nature of global markets. I know that this is more of an economical utopia but that the fact.

Stable bitcoin will be considered as valid replacement to many weak and unstable national recurrences - with current ultra liquid BTC it is not possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: