Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Return of Satoshi (aka Craig Wright) really means?  (Read 2934 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:12:05 AM

OP title reveals the intentions behind this thread aren't scientific but purely FUD. If Satoshi was back, I would agree it would be bad in several ways. Until there is proof (a signed message or moved coins) Satoshi remains absent and a myth. Rising prices seem to support the idea that the general consent is him being a fraudster. \thread

OP certainly has an agenda. Who has what to gain from this thing?

Yes, I have repeatedly said I have an agenda.  Mine to know.  Yours to find out.  Sort of like Satoshi.  Nonya business!

And the only FUD here is the over-the-top-weak-attempt-at-discredidation of Craig/Satoshi.  I mean, it isn't me developing these hypothetical conspiracy/scam/fraud theories.  Thats all the bitcoin community.  I am the anti-FUD!

If that's on your resume/Linkedin account I hope you can back it up.  Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:59:21 PM

I'll tell you what the return of Craig/Satoshi means.... it means that right at the start of a huge wave of global financial panic, mainstream media just found a reason to put bitcoin in the news again. 

So millions of people that have never even heard the term Bitcoin, are like right now, "Satowhoowhaaaht? BitcoinWhaaaat? Hey Mable, fetch me that that ipaddie thing and type bitcoin into google."

And they are being educated at a time that interest in global finance is high, and people are looking around for safe havens in the coming storm.

Craig/Satoshi = Gift
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:01:21 PM

PS.... Guess how many website discussion forums right now the phrase "Bitcoin is Coming" is going out to?
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:53:22 PM

Have i missed something is it confirmed craig is satoshi or are we just speculating. How a person that might be satoshi can change bitcoin with his ideas and believes ?
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:58:58 PM

It doesn't mean anything to me. Whenever someone comes out saying they are satoshi, I'm always just holding back because there have been people who are not the real ones so how would we know which one is which?
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:04:09 PM

Have i missed something is it confirmed craig is satoshi or are we just speculating. How a person that might be satoshi can change bitcoin with his ideas and believes ?
You haven't missed anything.  Basically, everyone is still speculating on the competitive theory/fact sets in which....

Craig = Satoshi
&
Craig does Not = Satoshi

That will most likely continue as their is strong and convincing evidence in both directions, and until another Satoshi is proven, or Craig/Satoshi reveals his key etc.

The main focus on this thread really ignores a final decision on that, and simply focuses on what the Revelations of Craig/Satoshi might mean for bitcoin.  That the guy has a Bitcoin Model Crunching Supercomputer is pretty much proved to all but the conspiracy theorist whackos.  Its a fact that he says he's releasing paper on the findings this coming year.  Its a fact that he claims to be advancing with Turing/Bitcoin architectural function.

In short.... what implications, primarily as it pertains to any shift in direction from Bitcoin vs Private Blockchain/Fiatcoin(s).  And of course the interesting timing - "arriving" at the leading edge of what could be a global financial meltdown.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:10:59 PM

You haven't missed anything.  Basically, everyone is still speculating on the competitive theory/fact sets in which....

Craig = Satoshi
&
Craig does Not = Satoshi

That will most likely continue as their is strong and convincing evidence in both directions, and until another Satoshi is proven, or Craig/Satoshi reveals his key etc.

IMHO you are the only one who is still speculating.
SGI proofed that craig has lied (SGI said he never bought a supercomputer from them while he stated he has built it together with them)

and the obscure PGP key which is obviously backdated by him.

so case is already closed....

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 03:24:26 PM

Well, Craig has said pretty interesting things. If he continues to back them up (i.e speaking about the results of their models and that) we can have some info that can be helpful with a discerning mind, even if he is not Sathoshi.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:50:46 PM

Well, Craig has said pretty interesting things. If he continues to back them up (i.e speaking about the results of their models and that) we can have some info that can be helpful with a discerning mind, even if he is not Sathoshi.

But so has a lot of ther people too, in fact I still believe in my mind that Nick Szabo is satoshi, both are bright but he is way more clever than this guy and let's not forget Nick Szabo was involved with Bitgold before Bitcoin and there was some speculation about blog post dates as well.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:46:06 PM

IMHO you are the only one who is still speculating.
SGI proofed that craig has lied (SGI said he never bought a supercomputer from them while he stated he has built it together with them)

and the obscure PGP key which is obviously backdated by him.

so case is already closed....

1) SGI actually suggested that he bought it on the grey market, not that he doesn't have an SGI Supercomputer.  The SC has been proven 100% to exist.

2) the PGP Key issue is still a matter of speculation and scenarios exist that are openly admitted. 

3) Sooooo many facts point to Craig = Satoshi.  So many conjectures point to Craig does not = Satoshi.  Case not closed.  Many people have privately acknowledged Craig = Satoshi, but publically believe it better to let it not be.  Craig included.  He was outed against his will.  The only conspiracy out there is the overwhelming attempt to try and get the Craig Genie back in the bottle.  Won't happen.  It will always be out there.  But the majority of Sheep will eat it up.

The most amazing thing about all of this is clear evidence that such huge manipulation is possible in the first place.  Average people should get used to the fact that while the truth may be out there..... they don't have proper clearance levels to receive access to it.
Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

He's not Satoshi; stop spreading false information.
This. For the love of Pete, this.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:16:23 PM

1) SGI actually suggested that he bought it on the grey market, not that he doesn't have an SGI Supercomputer.  The SC has been proven 100% to exist.

he still lied because he twittered that he has built it together with them.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

he still lied because he twittered that he has built it together with them.
I haven't seen that exact tweet.  MOST of the stuff I see is severely taken out of context.  For example the whole "Craig Wrigth has come out and claimed to be Satoshi".... Not True.  He was hacked, blackmailed, and then outed.  He's never gone out of his way to publically promote the idea he was Satoshi. 

So 1) I'd have to see that tweet to believe it was given in the exact context, but B) even if he said something like that, he might have meant something else... like "with SGI" meaning "with SGI components".  Again, too much loose manipulation of facts to not believe that this is desperately being manipulated to put the Craig/Satoshi genie back in the bottle.

I honestly do get the fact that most of the Bitcoin Buildout Community and even Craig/Satoshi himself want that.  I understand the reasons that "discovering Satoshi" is not a desirable concept.

But it is what it is.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:13:14 AM

He's not Satoshi; stop spreading false information.
Looks like my ban is over.  How many bans have the censors run on me now?  Don't know.... lost count. Smiley

Awesome thing about the truth..... it always gets ya in the end!  And now there will be war.   OK, thats all.  Now I get to sit back, laugh, and watch the festivities.

PS.... Hey everybody - if you don't think this is significant, think about the timing of one single thing.  They took Gavin's access.  They are scared.

IBM Watson WHO?Huh  Did I mention..... Craig = Satoshi has a Supercomputer!!!!!  And it has been chugging along behind the scenes for much longer than IBM Watson - AND it's primary director, is the actual inventor of bitcoin.  Dudes - How cool is that!?!?!!?!

Oh yeah, and PPS... Lauda is a loser.  Theymos is a punk skank, and all the Blockstream scum are thievin hijaakers.

Revolution baby!

OK.  NOW I am done Smiley

Peace,
- david
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:51:30 AM

Why do you care? Go to your Ether dungeon and hold on for dear life. Fucking clown.

I Wouldn't even come back after that last embarrassing post. You sounded like Ted Cruz.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:58:26 AM

i think the idea is 100% false because satoshi don't want to show up after all that years why he is showing now and with a diiffrent name every year there is more that 20 person showing pretending that they are satoushi but it is all a lie. they want to be famous but they will fail.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: