Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so little talk of Dave Kleiman?  (Read 16442 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:02:53 PM

I'm finding it a little strange that there's so little mention of Dave Kleiman what with all this noise at present.

We know he was close enough to our friend Craig for Craig to probably be able to inveigle his way into claiming credit for his possible work. He was known to frequent the same places Satoshi popped up. His decline began around the same time Satoshi disappeared. He was very secretive. He was dead clever. He's dead.

I don't get it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

well, Craig has now all of Kleimans stuff and is making a great PR show...  Lips sealed

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:34:07 PM

One theory that is being floated on Reddit runs like this:

Kleiman is Satoshi, and had the keys to the ~1 million bitcoins. He dies, and his USB stick/computer/whatever went to a relative, who doesn't realize what he is holding. Wright knew Kleiman and knew he was Satoshi. So he invents this crazy story about being Satoshi, but that he can't spend the coins because they are all in a trust that was held by Kleiman.

So now Wright comes public claiming to be Satoshi - and sets himself up to launch a lawsuit against Kleiman's relative to get "his" bitcoins back. If Wright pulls this off, he gains the fabled treasure of 1 million bitcoins off Kleiman's estate.

Thoughts pro and con?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:46:10 PM

Kleiman is Satoshi, and had the keys to the ~1 million bitcoins. He dies, and his USB stick/computer/whatever went to a relative, who doesn't realize what he is holding. Wright knew Kleiman and knew he was Satoshi. So he invents this crazy story about being Satoshi, but that he can't spend the coins because they are all in a trust that was held by Kleiman.

So now Wright comes public claiming to be Satoshi - and sets himself up to launch a lawsuit against Kleiman's relative to get "his" bitcoins back. If Wright pulls this off, he gains the fabled treasure of 1 million bitcoins off Kleiman's estate.

Thoughts pro and con?

I doubt it but it's a better theory than 99% of garbage being posted on this topic over the last couple of days. It's increasingly obvious that despite not being able to present actual cryptographic proof Wright is putting a lot of effort into obfuscation and trying to sway the public opinion, whether it's for his business interests or something else.
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:52:24 PM

Reading this, quite interesting:

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:29:22 PM

Just read it. Seems really strange that all these emails would "leak" and Craig would be emailing people with the Satoshi email.

I know we have developed the "myth of Satoshi" and Craig seems to shatter that, but it is not based on nothing. Satoshi seemed to be a very private person and very good at covering his tracks. I doubt he would be emailing his lawyer and others with an email that can link him to his pseudonym...just seems sloppy.

The reason a person like Nick Szabo makes more sense as Satoshi is that he acts the way we would expect Satoshi to act. 
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:15:53 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 10:30:55 PM by abacus

Just read it. Seems really strange that all these emails would "leak" and Craig would be emailing people with the Satoshi email.

I know we have developed the "myth of Satoshi" and Craig seems to shatter that, but it is not based on nothing. Satoshi seemed to be a very private person and very good at covering his tracks. I doubt he would be emailing his lawyer and others with an email that can link him to his pseudonym...just seems sloppy.

The reason a person like Nick Szabo makes more sense as Satoshi is that he acts the way we would expect Satoshi to act. 

I have the same doubts too.
Overall, it seems like a well orchestrated plan to make at least a part of the bitcoin crowd believe he is Satoshi.

Edit: One thing I didn't pay attention untill I read some comments is that the article is referring to the last December.
(I think I've somehow skipped the first lines of the article and focused on the header/subtitle where is a misleading "Yesterday 8:10am")
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:24:39 PM

Thoughts pro and con?
Sounds interesting but has many loopholes.For one it is impossible for someone having 1 million bitcoin in USB stick/computer/whatever and doesn't know how valuable they are.Second if wright claims to be Satoshi,what justification will he give of his keys possess by kleiman relative?

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:27:05 PM

The Strange Life and Death of Dave Kleiman, A Computer Genius Linked to Bitcoin's Origins:

https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/727458563757580288

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:47:43 PM

I don't know. I always pictured Satoshi a bit like this:

He died broke and in squalor, after suffering from infected bedsores. His body was found decomposing and surrounded by empty alcohol bottles and a loaded handgun. Bloody feces was tracked along the floor, and a bullet hole was found in his mattress, though no spent shell casings were found on the scene.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

I doubt it but it's a better theory than 99% of garbage being posted on this topic over the last couple of days. It's increasingly obvious that despite not being able to present actual cryptographic proof Wright is putting a lot of effort into obfuscation and trying to sway the public opinion, whether it's for his business interests or something else.

Totally agree... I think Satoshi will just do very simple things with big impact... Craig is creating public attention but refuse to do just the simplest thing of signing the key or move any of those coins... I am sure he is not the real Satoshi. Even if he does move the coins later on, there is a high chance that those were Dave's....
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 12:22:56 AM

How very sad indeed - http://gizmodo.com/the-strange-life-and-death-of-dave-kleiman-a-computer-1747092460

I posted in another thread regarding a research paper I located online, after trying to find anyone who had worked with both Craig Wright and Dave Kleiman, circa 2008-2009.

- https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Steven_Wright - References: 25. ^ Wright, Craig; Kleiman, Dave; Sundhar R.S., Shayaam (2008). "Overwriting Hard Drive Data: The Great Wiping Controversy". In Sekar, R. Information Systems Security: 4th International Conference, ICISS 2008, Hyderabad, India, December 16–20, 2008, Proceedings. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 243.

- http://www.vidarholen.net/~vidar/overwriting_hard_drive_data.pdf

Lots of academic 'research' papers are presented in similar formats, however it might be said that this paper has some uncanny similarities to the Bitcoin white paper ?

It would certainly be interesting to know the thoughts of Sundhar R.S., Shayaam in regards to the recent claims made by CSW.

- linkedin.com/in/intrusion

~ There's three sides to every story ? Your side, my side and the truth ? Although, perhaps this individual knows no more than the work surrounding the research paper ?

Anyhow, I have personally found the above to be more fitting than the currently inconclusive 'proof'-of-Satoshi provided by CSW, thus far...

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 01:00:29 AM

Located links to the following SourceForge from an archived C.V. of Sundhar R.S., Shayaam (which I'm not going to link here).

- https://sourceforge.net/projects/cspn/ - "Brought to you by: snaos" ?!? - http://sourceforge.net/users/snaos

So, if CSW does turn out to have SN 'keys', then we might also speculate as to who actually helped with writing most of the code ?!?

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 01:09:08 AM

Thoughts pro and con?
Sounds interesting but has many loopholes.For one it is impossible for someone having 1 million bitcoin in USB stick/computer/whatever and doesn't know how valuable they are.Second if wright claims to be Satoshi,what justification will he give of his keys possess by kleiman relative?

The idea here is that the relative (Ira) who inherited the USB stick/whatever from Dave Kleiman was not informed of the contents of the hardware they inherited - that they don't know they are holding Satoshi's keys, and may not even know what bitcoin is.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 01:33:34 AM

Thoughts pro and con?

The idea here is that the relative (Ira) who inherited the USB stick/whatever from Dave Kleiman was not informed of the contents of the hardware they inherited - that they don't know they are holding Satoshi's keys, and may not even know what bitcoin is.

his health wasn't good you'd think he would have made the right preparations to make sure the coins would go to someone he trusted could handle them.

in anycase, if that is the case. I dont care he can proof that he is Satoshi, if he doesn't have the keys he's not getting the coins. if he thinks he can sway the public on his " give Satoshi his coins back " campaign he's got another thing coming.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 01:34:40 AM

https://seebitcoin.com/2016/05/everything-makes-sense-if-david-kleiman-was-satoshi-nakamoto-heres-why/

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 01:53:31 AM

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2644014-Tulip-Trust-Redacted.html

this document implies Craig Wright is Satoshi when it says 

I acknowledge:

Dave Kleiman have received 1,100,111 Bitcoin from Craig Wright (of?Bagnoo,
NSW Australia).

gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 01:59:44 AM

where does this 1.1 million figure come from other than Mr wright's imagination? plenty of people have stated they were mining away when others still think it was only satoshi.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:02:44 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:05:30 AM

where does this 1.1 million figure come from other than Mr wright's imagination? plenty of people have stated they were mining away when others still think it was only satoshi.
ya but it could be satoshi managed to mine 1million coins before mining got out of hand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: