Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT IS A SCAM  (Read 2462 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

After my simple cash-to-address transaction was accepted, and then automatically failed, and never redone, my confidence in BitInstant has been going down dramatically. Because once they fail you, you are SOS, and it's a waiting game at best. They seem to put your transaction away, and forget about it, while accepting more business. I don't even think they do anything about it UNTIL you figure out how to contact them, at least that’s the impression I've got so far. No doubt they have an excuse for all that - not enough support people, system can't auto redo failed transaction / it's too complex, some 3rd party API failed 12h ago (and was up 1h later), DDoS on exchange (that no longer is being DDoSed), etc.

And someone even said they don't work on the weekends to fix it!? So if it's Friday, your SOS until at least Monday. But I've not confirmed this yet.

If you take a look into their support thread on this board, this is a constant issue with BitInstant. Their excuses don't make sense because they still accept other transactions and perform them at the same time. Two friends did their cash transactions at the same time in Wal-Mart or CVS, one was good, the other was failed.

One guy had his transaction "completed", yet blockchain has no records of any coins being sent to his address, and it's been more than a day.

My first bitcoin experience has been very negative due entirely to BitInstant, and while I hope BitInstant is not selectively scamming people, or is not using this opportunity to make a profit on the difference between the locked in price and what they hope to buy at a later time ... after reading the support thread I don't understand why there is not a huge red warning here about them. They obviously have major issues and are completly unable to do anything about it.

I'd think that these forums are here to help bitcoin users, not BitInstant.

Hey Nero,

Everyone, including you has had their situation resolved.

I know you are angry your order didnt process at first, however coming here and posting in 15 different places is not gonna help you.

That other guy, is a scammer btw. Rastaj stole money from us because he claimed we scammed him, and forced a refund after it processed.

To this date: No BitInstant customer has ever been scammed or robbed. In fact, anyone who has a problem we always refund fees and cover the BTC loss spread. If you feel you have an issue that has not been resolved, please PM me right away

Its Friday, and your situation was resolved.

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
rastaj

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:51:17 PM

Yankee, why can't you comment on the horrid customer support when customers use your available resources via the website?

This needs to be addressed for customers to remain customers.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 04:53:21 PM

Yankee, why can't you comment on the horrid customer support when customers use your available resources via the website?

Rastaj,

What horrid customer support?

We have phone support, email support, and not only that, but I personally am on the forums every day helping people in our support thread.

Horrible support?

You placed an order, an error occurred for only a few hours, we processed the order, and you cried scam so you got double your order.

I dont think you are in a place to comment, as you are the one who scammed us.

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:19:21 PM

WTF are you talking about, Yankster? Double credit? Please pass me a puff a what you are smoking buddy.

Your ape of a cust service rep from your online help is a complete ignoramus, at best. The way he mocked me and typed things with blatant f-you sarcasm was appauling. Where do you get your reps, 7-11?

Who's making things up now, Charles!?!?!?!
Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:23:04 PM

Thank you for resolving the issue Yankee,

I can confirm that the blockchain has shown two transactions into the specified address - with the extra transaction being for 1 Bitcoin.

That definitely makes up for the fee and whatever price fluctuation from the original price of 26.5 to today's high of 27.5 on a $130 purchase.

So in effect, I got ~5.7 bitcoins at ~$22.9 US dollars from you (when excluding ZipZap's fee and BitInstant fee, otherwise at $24.5)!

I'll update the other thread I posted in.
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:25:07 PM

Rastaj,

We have phone support, email support, and not only that, but I personally am on the forums every day helping people in our support thread.

Horrible support?

You placed an order, an error occurred for only a few hours, we processed the order, and you cried scam so you got double your order.

Charlie

I called your phone number that is on your site over and over...and got some bullshit message saying the phone number was only for emergencies. How the hell is that considered phone support, Chief?
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:27:45 PM

Rastaj,

Horrible support?

Charlie

I called your phone number that is on your site over and over...and got some bullshit message saying the phone number was only for emergencies. How the hell is that considered phone support, Chief?

The bottom line is this: You have many unhappy customers. Why don't you publicly address the issues that have been brought forth? It's not that difficult to post something meaningful, instead of quoting all of the complaints and responding with utter denial!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:30:16 PM

Rastaj,

Horrible support?

Charlie

The bottom line is this: You have many unhappy customers. Why don't you publicly address the issues that have been brought forth? It's not that difficult to post something meaningful, instead of quoting all of the complaints and responding with utter denial!
WTF are you talking about, Yankster? Double credit? Please pass me a puff a what you are smoking buddy.

Your ape of a cust service rep from your online help is a complete ignoramus, at best. The way he mocked me and typed things with blatant f-you sarcasm was appauling. Where do you get your reps, 7-11?

Read what you wrote earlier, you even admitted to getting your order processed and a refund.

All issues are publicly address and resolved.

I think everyone labeled you a troll already, so unless you have another order, I will go back to work

Thanks

I can confirm that the blockchain has shown two transactions into the specified address - with the extra transaction being for 1 Bitcoin.

That definitely makes up for the fee and whatever price fluctuation from the original price of 26.5 to today's high of 27.5 on a $130 purchase.

So in effect, I got ~5.7 bitcoins at ~$22.8 US dollars from you!

Good news!

Can you go back into the original thread and update your posts?

Charlie

rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:34:40 PM

Rastaj,

Horrible support?

Last time I checked, my name wasn't "Nuro". I could be missing, but it's highly unlikely.

Charlie

Read what you wrote earlier, you even admitted to getting your order processed and a refund.

All issues are publicly address and resolved.

I think everyone labeled you a troll already, so unless you have another order, I will go back to work

Thanks

So in effect, I got ~5.7 bitcoins at ~$22.8 US dollars from you!

Good news!

Can you go back into the original thread and update your posts?

Charlie
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:42:27 PM

You are mistaking me for "Nuro". I say make a statement about the pranksters that work for you. You can call me a troll all day long. I do business with ethics and integrity.

You have some leaks to plug. It's that simple. And your online reps need to be taught Etiquette 101.
E.Shavadyev

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:49:42 PM

If you want proof of them scamming check the bitinstant support thread once in a while.....the last few pages. Its seriously getting ridiculous. Everyone jumps on board because they've been reliable, well that doesn't always last forever as we've seen in the past. I'm a victim as well, 8 days no BTC, no communication, just empty promises up until then.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: