Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:14:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction: $100 by April 31st  (Read 6392 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:35:50 PM

I have a chart that says $100 by 2013-08-20, and $1000 by 2014-12-02
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:39:29 PM

Simple extrapolation of the very steady exponential growth trend since January.

That also means we pass $50 by late March.

with each coin to rise in price over $100,000,000 each in about 5 years

yes we could expect some steady gains in the coming months  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:50:35 PM

I don't get it. Why has the price stalled? There seems to be only one whale creating the large walls and no competition. This isn't the stock market. There isn't going to be another cryptocurrency to wait for. There will be no QE for Bitcoin. I am really surprised that only one person seems to have locked the price down and there is nobody else with money that understands Bitcoin. Well, I for one will keep buying small amounts at this low price little by little. It really looks like Bitcoin will be the great wealth redistribution of the 21st Century.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 12:55:32 PM

Isn't there only 30 days in April?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:52:39 PM

We all got the joke. It's analogous to Zeno's Paradox. Since we'll never get to April 31st, Bitcoin will never go up in price.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

We all got the joke. It's analogous to Zeno's Paradox. Since we'll never get to April 31st, Bitcoin will never go up in price.

Or whether Bitcoin reaches $100 or not, the statement will always be valid.
MonadTran

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:59:10 PM

Ah, log charts. Can we see this on a log base-1000 chart, please?
do you know what a logarithm is?

What exactly was wrong with that sentence? Do you only know what natural logarithm is?
Zangelbert Bingledack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 11:37:25 PM

I don't get it. Why has the price stalled? There seems to be only one whale creating the large walls and no competition. This isn't the stock market. There isn't going to be another cryptocurrency to wait for. There will be no QE for Bitcoin. I am really surprised that only one person seems to have locked the price down and there is nobody else with money that understands Bitcoin. Well, I for one will keep buying small amounts at this low price little by little. It really looks like Bitcoin will be the great wealth redistribution of the 21st Century.

It was going up even faster than exponential for a while (curving up even on a log chart), which suggests it was because present holders were doubling down, not solely from new users. Exponential growth is already insanely fast, so it shouldn't be puzzling if it "corrects" to the exponential trendline. 
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 07:52:02 AM

Aah, graphs always nice.

Since there are a dozen topics on how high the price of BTC can go, I made a projection of BTC's price development in excel. The trouble with projections is...... that it is just that: projections. My sheet is full of assumptions and hand tweaking of numbers to make the graphs look nice. Having said so, let's spit out the outlines of this projection.

• exponential average annual growth factor between 1.6 and 3.5
  • 2013 as the start of data (with $150,000 market cap)
  • S-curve type price action (meaning faster growth in the beginning and slower at the end)
  • correction in the S-curve to account for BTC inception in 2009 instead of 2013 (meaning: already in fast growth mode in 2013)
  • 5% final market cap of the current $70-80 trillion (I don't think that is unrealistic)
  • hitting $1,000: light green, $10,000: darker green, $100,000: even darker green, full market cap: green
  • 4 scenarios ranging from cautious to aggressive

Of course, none of this is scientific; its make believe  Cool Nonetheless, the better my assumptions are, the better insight of the possible price projection. Main assumption is, of course, that Bitcoin will survive all those years and will actively be developed further to accommodate trading to reach a 5% market cap.

Excel spouts out the following sheet:

The graphs that belong to the sheet:

The graphs are not that interesting. Price will reach some $180,000 in either scenario, the S-curve is obviously present in all of them (since unscientifically engineered by me) and details of our current period are lost in the small numbers until the big leap. The only thing interesting is the time frame, but that is clear from the sheet as well. Nevertheless, for the power-graph hungry people I included the graphs.

From the sheet, it appears that a slow scenario vs an aggressive scenario is 'only' 10 years. Nevertheless, if your goal is $100,000/BTC, then it makes a lot of difference whether we take the Android/Youtube/Fabecook route (very fast adaptation, 3-8 years) or the Intel/Phone/TV route ('normal' adaptation, 10-20 years).

The good news is that reaching $1,000 happens more or less at the same moment. In each scenario, the $1,000 mark is reached within the time frame 2016-2017. After that, the differences start to grow. While reaching $10,000 comes relatively fast in all scenario's, reaching $100,000 will take some time. Also in the aggressive scenario, the wait lasts until 2019. That is still 6 years away and 6 years is long in the Internet 2.0 age we're in.

What I take away from this calculation exercise:
  • even with a 5% market cap target, the rewards over time look very promising if you get in now with one single BTC
  • the real prize ($100,000/BTC) will take some time regardless of the scenario (so for those that only started in 2011 as wannabee millionaires: have patience...)
  • reaching $1,000 is a breeze and will happen soon in either scenario
  • and the final kicker: look at the aggressive scenario and think of an even more aggressive scenario......  Tongue Tongue Tongue
  • therefore: buy and hold. Keep on buying at least until $1,000/BTC

The sky is the limit.

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:20:25 PM

Aah, graphs always nice.

Since there are a dozen topics on how high the price of BTC can go, I made a projection of BTC's price development in excel. The trouble with projections is...... that it is just that: projections. My sheet is full of assumptions and hand tweaking of numbers to make the graphs look nice. Having said so, let's spit out the outlines of this projection.

• exponential average annual growth factor between 1.6 and 3.5
  • 2013 as the start of data (with $150,000 market cap)
  • S-curve type price action (meaning faster growth in the beginning and slower at the end)
  • correction in the S-curve to account for BTC inception in 2009 instead of 2013 (meaning: already in fast growth mode in 2013)
  • 5% final market cap of the current $70-80 trillion (I don't think that is unrealistic)
  • hitting $1,000: light green, $10,000: darker green, $100,000: even darker green, full market cap: green
  • 4 scenarios ranging from cautious to aggressive

Of course, none of this is scientific; its make believe  Cool Nonetheless, the better my assumptions are, the better insight of the possible price projection. Main assumption is, of course, that Bitcoin will survive all those years and will actively be developed further to accommodate trading to reach a 5% market cap.

Excel spouts out the following sheet:

The graphs that belong to the sheet:

The graphs are not that interesting. Price will reach some $180,000 in either scenario, the S-curve is obviously present in all of them (since unscientifically engineered by me) and details of our current period are lost in the small numbers until the big leap. The only thing interesting is the time frame, but that is clear from the sheet as well. Nevertheless, for the power-graph hungry people I included the graphs.

From the sheet, it appears that a slow scenario vs an aggressive scenario is 'only' 10 years. Nevertheless, if your goal is $100,000/BTC, then it makes a lot of difference whether we take the Android/Youtube/Fabecook route (very fast adaptation, 3-8 years) or the Intel/Phone/TV route ('normal' adaptation, 10-20 years).

The good news is that reaching $1,000 happens more or less at the same moment. In each scenario, the $1,000 mark is reached within the time frame 2016-2017. After that, the differences start to grow. While reaching $10,000 comes relatively fast in all scenario's, reaching $100,000 will take some time. Also in the aggressive scenario, the wait lasts until 2019. That is still 6 years away and 6 years is long in the Internet 2.0 age we're in.

What I take away from this calculation exercise:
  • even with a 5% market cap target, the rewards over time look very promising if you get in now with one single BTC
  • the real prize ($100,000/BTC) will take some time regardless of the scenario (so for those that only started in 2011 as wannabee millionaires: have patience...)
  • reaching $1,000 is a breeze and will happen soon in either scenario
  • and the final kicker: look at the aggressive scenario and think of an even more aggressive scenario......  Tongue Tongue Tongue
  • therefore: buy and hold. Keep on buying at least until $1,000/BTC

The sky is the limit.

Excellent & Outstanding, +1

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:32:34 AM

It's nice to see how intuitive decisions taken back in 2010 after reading for a week all things Bitcoin getting this kind of (admittedly make-belief) support a few years down the road.

buy and hold. Keep on buying at least until $1,000/BTC

Yep I mean this one.

-
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:11:23 PM

Nice analysis!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Zangelbert Bingledack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 08:17:21 AM

Simple extrapolation of the very steady exponential growth trend since January.

That also means we pass $50 by late March.

One down like clockwork, one to go!
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:28:39 AM

I have a bet that bitcoin won't reach US$100/btc anytime in 2013.  I have won 4 out of 4 bets involving bitcoins so far, and don't intend to lose this one.

The only way I can see it failing is Italy undergoing mandatory deposit confiscation like Cyprus is at the moment, and someone whispering sweet nothings about bitcoins and a stunning way to smuggle money out of the country to the masses.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:30:10 AM

100$ is less than double from where we are now. Given the volatility chances that we will hit it in 2013 are rather high. We can hit it in March or April of 2013 or even this week. You will lose this bet.

-
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 11:30:16 AM

$1000 in 2013.

BCH
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:21:31 PM

I have a bet that bitcoin won't reach US$100/btc anytime in 2013.  I have won 4 out of 4 bets involving bitcoins so far, and don't intend to lose this one.

The only way I can see it failing is Italy undergoing mandatory deposit confiscation like Cyprus is at the moment, and someone whispering sweet nothings about bitcoins and a stunning way to smuggle money out of the country to the masses.

Being right 80% of the time is still good -- don't be too disheartened.

ehoffman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:40:17 PM

Being right 80% of the time is still good -- don't be too disheartened.

+1

That made me laugh Grin

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:37:58 PM

A lot can happen in 9 months. Just look at the past 2 months.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:09:53 PM

It's also pretty cool that the market doesn't give a rat's ass about what your intentions are  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: