Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is The Best Way To Handle Racial Discrimination(s)  (Read 1120 times)
arlene05973 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

A day without a buzz is like a day that never was

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:03:05 PM

To you own knowledge what is the best way to handle racial discrimination?

Is there any tutorial's on how to approach those who discriminate other's or how to cope with them if, this is a weakness?

Thanks for your comment
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:49:56 PM

Is there any tutorial's on how to approach those who discriminate other's or how to cope with them if, this is a weakness?

Thanks for your comment

Racial discrimination is a weakness.  The best way to handle it is not promote it.  If someone says something discriminatory, don't agree with them.  Just keeping silent is the best way.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:06:45 PM

Thanks @Vod

I know most people will not find it easy commenting or contributing to a thread like this!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 03:26:01 PM

Thanks @Vod

I know most people will not find it easy commenting or contributing to a thread like this!

You'll find most people that discriminate are already fools, believing in religion or other bullshit. 

In the end, we all evolved the exact same way.  Our physical differences (black skin for example) are caused by relatively recent differences in the environment (hot  African sun for example).   Fundamentally, one race is the same as another.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:55:14 AM

Ok, so when trying to cope with people who exhibit such behaviour we should acknowledge the fact that they are weak & need help?
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:12:59 PM

I think it's best to ignore them and just move on with your life. I am black and God knows I will not allow some guy who thinks he is second-in-command to God to put me down.

I will simply hold my head up high, put him and his spiteful words/looks out of my mind and move on... Cheesy

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:33:26 AM

I think it's best to ignore them and just move on with your life. I am black and God knows I will not allow some guy who thinks he is second-in-command to God to put me down.

I will simply hold my head up high, put him and his spiteful words/looks out of my mind and move on... Cheesy

Yeah Gahs, but, i think there are limit to the extend one can go. For instance, did you notice the silence & low contribution on a thread such as this?

☞Well, personally i have learnt to ignore people base on what they think,belief about themselves.
HUMAN are JUST, i repeat; HUMAN are JUST. when the breath is gone is nothing less than a death dog.

All this year my life(profession) has been built based on my passion as a computer tech.But, i get depress whenever, i see such manipulation or treat directed to other's.

The taught of going back to Africa atleast, to keep-off from such unhealthy enviroment lingers  in my mind consistently.

Thanks
Arlene
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:16:31 PM

If everyone just stops mentioning about racial discrimination, like someone saying "black" and then someone shouting "racist!" That's kind of stupid really. And if we could just come to a point where people just stop thinking that their ethnicity is better than others, that'd be great Smiley
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 04:45:48 PM

Thanks @Vod

You'll find most people that discriminate are already fools, believing in religion or other bullshit.  

In the end, we all evolved the exact same way.  Our physical differences (black skin for example) are caused by relatively recent differences in the environment (hot  African sun for example).   Fundamentally, one race is the same as another.

Damn Vod, you have a way of turning any subject into an attack on religion. The only time I have seen anyone helping out minorities, they are usually doing it in the name of a religion.

Case and point:

Google "Christians helping blacks"
648,000,000 results

Google "Atheists helping blacks"
51,800,000 results

(this is not a scientific study)    Tongue Tongue Tongue  

It seems like atheists just want to sit around and complain about everything and everyone. The reason there are more 'crazy' religious people is simply because the majority of the world believes in a religion and has a relatively higher percentage of crazy people compared to atheists... but there are plenty of nut job Atheist. Just not as many due to the lower overall numbers of atheists in the world population. And yes, I realize this point somewhat skews my google search results above.  Cool

Regardless, I still love you  Grin

apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:24:56 PM

Unless that discrimination afects your life in practical terms (for instance not geting a promotion at your job) you shouldn´t care about it.

The best you can do is move on with your life, be happy and show that you couldn´t care less about the opinion of people that discriminate you

Indifference is a great weapon sometimes, cause most times the main objective of bad people is to make you sad and mad and if they r not able to acomplish that they r the ones that become sad and mad.

Unfourtunatly there will always be frustrated people, so there will always be discrimination no matter the color of your skin. People discriminate others for being women, fat, thin, beautiful, less beautiful, blonde, brunette,red, rich, poor, for bad human beings anything goes and it will always be like this till the end of times.

I wish you all the best and hope that you will never give up your objectives and dreams because of the atitudes of those that discriminate.  Wink

Petersen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:27:15 PM

Why should be a tutorial for how to handle racial discrimination?
vengeful

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:34:07 PM

People try to feel superior by discriminating others. It's their method of coping with the facts that no one finds them interesting or even attention worthy and then they try to impose their vulnerabilities on others. They do it to look "cool" (don't even know the definition of their version of cool), to hide their own shortcomings and failures.

Why don't they just cool off someplace else, play some squash, make their life PRODUCTIVE, give your living a meaning.

Best way to handle them: do not acknowledge them as humans. Think of them as some blabbering NPCs who are there just muttering illegible nonsense. Pay no mind to them. Strive to achieve success. That'll be the slap on their faces.
arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:28:49 PM

People try to feel superior by discriminating others. It's their method of coping with the facts that no one finds them interesting or even attention worthy and then they try to impose their vulnerabilities on others. They do it to look "cool" (don't even know the definition of their version of cool), to hide their own shortcomings and failures.

Why don't they just cool off someplace else, play some squash, make their life PRODUCTIVE, give your living a meaning.

Best way to handle them: do not acknowledge them as humans. Think of them as some blabbering NPCs who are there just muttering illegible nonsense. Pay no mind to them. Strive to achieve success. That'll be the slap on their faces.

@vengeful, i think you've made an important point here! You see this one reason why will meet on forum (to interact,share & learn) with other. We are not just here to buy or sell bitcoins.

In otherwise, most of these people who hurt other's are indirectly requesting for attention[ a1 the term racist,does not ONLY refer to racial discrimination although, this is one aspect where such act are exhibited consistently] There are other form of racism which are uncommonly exhibited i.e boss maltreating or terminating employer's contract for no geniue reason is another form of racism.

Thanks
Arlene
arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:45:22 AM

Unless that discrimination afects your life in practical terms (for instance not geting a promotion at your job) you shouldn´t care about it.

The best you can do is move on with your life, be happy and show that you couldn´t care less about the opinion of people that discriminate you

Nice one by apitico⚐⚐⚐⚐⚐

☞move on with your life
☞be happy
☞care less about the opinion of people

well for all your contribution(s) i love seeing positive minded fellow's on forum like this.
Arlene

bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:46:09 AM

Nice one by apitico⚐⚐⚐⚐⚐

☞move on with your life
☞be happy

well for all your contribution(s) i love seeing positive minded fellow's on forum like this.
Arlene

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THIS....JUST DONT FIGHT IT RESISTANCE MIGHT ATTRACT MORE DISCRIMINATION
apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:42:53 AM

Sometimes there must be resistance and fight, when that means fighting for justice, but when that is not the situation i guess the best wepon is showing those who discriminate you that « o que vem de baixo não me atinge» ( that is an idiomatic expression, i will try to translate, it means that whatever comes from below can not afect you!! and i am sorry but i think that people that discriminate are inferior human beings)  Sad

arlene05973 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:38:26 AM

Nice one by apitico⚐⚐⚐⚐⚐

☞move on with your life
☞be happy

Arlene

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THIS....JUST DONT FIGHT IT RESISTANCE MIGHT ATTRACT MORE DISCRIMINATION

Sometimes,Ignoring them can drive most people who discriminate you go mad!
micogurtiza

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:31:05 PM

Discrimination is the unfair or prejudicial treatment of people and groups based on characteristics such as race, gender, age or sexual orientation. How to handle racial discrimination? Dealing with discrimination is important for your physical health and mental wellbeing. These are the ways that I can advise on how to deal with this. #1 Focus on your strengths, #2 Seek support system, #3 get involved with like-minded groups and organizations, whether locally or online. It can help to know there are other people who have had similar experiences to yours. And connecting with those people might help you figure out how to address situations and respond to experiences of discrimination in ways you haven’t thought of, #4 help your self to think clearly, #5 seek professional guidance. Hope this helps.  Wink
Flamma

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:15:58 AM

It's easy to say to just ignore someone who exhibits racial discrimination. A lot of people would just stay mum at a certain situation but should we not discourage this by being more vocal? I understand that it's hard for others to do it but if I see someone discriminating another race, I'd gladly stand up against it. It's 2017, discrimination should no longer be a problem.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:56:50 AM

I dont think there is any book or other things that could teach you how to speak with racial discrimination and people of that sort. Everyone on world have right to think what they want, and what i learned so far in life, if people dont want to learn they wont learn no matter how much and good you try to teach them. Even if you put some hard evidance in front of they, they will say its not true and will not change there mind about something.
CryptoGirl17

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:08:39 AM

Thanks for your comment

Racial discrimination is a weakness.  The best way to handle it is not promote it.  If someone says something discriminatory, don't agree with them.  Just keeping silent is the best way.

i also agree with keeping silent, although even if you keep silent they might think you agree, it also depends on the person because if they are violent then yes just stay out of the way but if there is a way to let them know without violent, its always good to say you dont agree with them or maybe saying is not right to treat someone like this.
there was a situation at an ice cream shop with a customer and the owner of the shop told the guy to leave if he would continue with that behavior and other customers also stood up for the lady. 
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Thanks for your comment

i also agree with keeping silent, although even if you keep silent they might think you agree, it also depends on the person because if they are violent then yes just stay out of the way but if there is a way to let them know without violent, its always good to say you dont agree with them or maybe saying is not right to treat someone like this.
there was a situation at an ice cream shop with a customer and the owner of the shop told the guy to leave if he would continue with that behavior and other customers also stood up for the lady. 

Yes that was right thing to do if you ask me. People should help each other in need, any way thay can. But that is with life. Like every coin have two side, every story have two sides too. What would happen if you was customer and owner wont sell you something because they dont like who are you, what color is your skin or which God you pray too. And other customer support owner, that could happen also, and i believe it is happening. There is all kind of Racial discriminations, and it will always exist till people stop judgeing other people because they are different.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: