Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now they [bbc] are saying Craig Wright is not Satoshi!!  (Read 1122 times)
Red-Apple (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:29:37 PM

first they release the news that Craig Wright is Satoshi without checking the facts first and asking for some kind of proof before releasing the news.
At the meeting with the BBC, Mr Wright digitally signed messages using cryptographic keys created during the early days of Bitcoin's development.

and now they publish this news that it was a mistake to back him up

and we are still waiting for that extraordinary proof!

the only answer that suits this situation Cheesy
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/727562945840975872
We'd like to thank #Satoshi hoaxer Dr Craig Wright for showing how  bankrupt the fact-checking standards are at the BBC, LRB & Economist.

Back to work.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 05:31:47 PM

Yeah they say that now after checking social media and forums. If we dont say anything the mainstream media goes unchecked.  Completely pointless news service they provide.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:42:54 PM

eh no. unlike the previous article where they outright said that wright is satoshi, on this one they're pretty much taking a neutral stance. it's more of a about gavin's decision really.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:49:52 PM

So when BBC become expert for Bitcoin?
Do you really trust their news?
This news about Satoshi was probably just false alarm and they didn't even try to verify it properly?
So much about their ''so called'' professionalism.
I'm sure that if true Satoshi decided to remain unknown, we will never know his true identity and it's fine for me.
We should be more interesting in Bitcoin than him/her.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:09:11 PM

apparentely, that doesnt matter.... hundreds of posts here about "the discovery of the year"  and "we now finally know who is satoshi". and im not even talking about thousands twits about that.
and it was BBC....
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:16:30 PM

eh no. unlike the previous article where they outright said that wright is satoshi, on this one they're pretty much taking a neutral stance. it's more of a about gavin's decision really.

Its not exactly a neutral stance ,they're clearly opposing he is not.Since the signatures failed to verify,what conclusion can one possibly make ? Gavin did support Craig's first action,he won't be backing out later denying the facts.I feel it is a set up,now people are realizing it,they just want to close the drama.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:08:12 PM

Since the real Satoshi didn't stand up and showed the proof about the legitimacy. We can only guess why he didn't stand up this time to show the world Craig Wright is a big lier. Is the big publicity something that withhold him or will there be other things that count.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:13:24 PM

One would have to think that Satoshi would have anticipated this particular eventuality, that is, having to demonstrate control of genesis block related addresses to verify his identity. That Mr. Wright is unable to do this bode poorly for his claim. Surely as the creator of the protocol, he would have prepared for this?
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:17:12 PM

It'll be funny if Craig posts proof and they fuck up the second time. I start liking him more and more, he's really good at playing everyone. Precisely as Satoshi should be Smiley

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:46:58 PM

It'll be funny if Craig posts proof and they fuck up the second time. I start liking him more and more, he's really good at playing everyone. Precisely as Satoshi should be Smiley
What is the outcome ? Does playing people around gets you reputation or does it raises doubts on one's credibility .IMO,such people are bad for bitcoin.What can they provide to the community ? Don't you think bitcoin has bigger problems to be worried about rather than arguing over who's the creator ? The fact that you're liking him for something he is not shows your intelligence level,sir.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Leonius

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:49:01 PM

The whole thing just weirds me out, the guy, the suit, gavin, bbc, etc etc.  Maybe this was the intention to keep that price down because of the halving.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:58:45 PM

The only thing they're proving is what an incompetent lying asshole Gavin Andresen is.

freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 07:59:21 PM

What is the outcome ? Does playing people around gets you reputation or does it raises doubts on one's credibility .IMO,such people are bad for bitcoin.What can they provide to the community ? Don't you think bitcoin has bigger problems to be worried about rather than arguing over who's the creator ? The fact that you're liking him for something he is not shows your intelligence level,sir.

The google searches for Bitcoin went up 200% this week, it's direct benefit to the community whoever this Craig is Smiley you don't seem to like puzzles, I used to be like you. Bitcoin is a big joke on this world, its creator should be a big joker of personality. Craig Wright fits this description.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:17:42 AM

first they release the news that Craig Wright is Satoshi without checking the facts first and asking for some kind of proof before releasing the news.
At the meeting with the BBC, Mr Wright digitally signed messages using cryptographic keys created during the early days of Bitcoin's development.

and now they publish this news that it was a mistake to back him up

and we are still waiting for that extraordinary proof!

the only answer that suits this situation Cheesy
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/727562945840975872
We'd like to thank #Satoshi hoaxer Dr Craig Wright for showing how  bankrupt the fact-checking standards are at the BBC, LRB & Economist.

Back to work.
i always trust on bbc news,bu now i'm start confuse because they making bitcoin news with not consistence,firstly they said that craig was satoshi,then they said he was not,and some media keep not believe that craig was satoshi,i think i will more believe a consistence new portal.
agreed,craig need extraordinary poof for claim that he was satoshi nakamoto,man behind bitcoin.

tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:24:10 AM

I thought BBC meant Gavin was the expert... Gavin now actually join others and agree that Craig will need to produce convincing evidence by moving Satoshi's coins or sign the key with signAture.... not just any signIture.

h3rlihy

Activity: 356

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:27:47 AM

Just goes to show how very little fact checking the media actually does. I doubt anyone at the bbc has any idea about bitcoin..
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:29:53 AM

This is what happens when some media outlets want to have the hottest news before their competitors. The BBC, the Economist and GQ rushed to publish breaking news on a matter they simply can't fully understand and the Craig Wright fake story blew up spectacularly in their faces. So now that they realized they had written a load of crap BBC are trying to do damage control to their own reputation  Wink
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:34:36 AM

Media speculations sell the newspapers. Why r u surprised? They would say Vladimir Putin s Satoshi if that would help them sell news/clicks.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:39:27 AM

the whole thing was excellent click bait

there has been a million threads here and countless blogs
talking about it. Its like offering a retraction on page 20 of the
newspaper after they sold out.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:42:58 AM

The only thing they're proving is what an incompetent lying asshole Gavin Andresen is.

this^^
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: