Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Bitcoin for the one that solves my problem!  (Read 3191 times)
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:09:42 PM

I get the POST code error 2b when trying to boot with an Ati HD5870.(graphic card is from ATI not other company)
My system is:Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME, I7-920, 6GB Corsair DDR3 ram and PSU is Corsair 620HX.
I have tried BIOS version F12 and F13Q and still the same error.

I have tested the graphic card on another system and it boots ok. With a 500w noname PSU.

Any help/suggestions?Thank you

P.S. Error 2B means "Invoke video BIOS" (from MB manual)

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:16:54 PM

Make sure that it's plugged in (hahaha...seriously though, make sure both PCI-E plugs are solidly plugged into the card, and that they're plugged into the PSU as well if you have a modular PSU)

Make sure there are no BIOS settings related to "what kind of video card to look for" in the BIOS -- sometimes you have to specify.

Some older MOBOs have a small card that looks like a DIMM between the 2 PCI-E slots that is used to turn SLI on/off. This can affect your video cards, of course.

Make sure the video card is firmly seated in the slot.

How many PCI-E slots are there? Are you putting it in the primary one? What other card(s) do you have in your PC?
Man From The Future

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:17:56 PM

And of course, if oyu have multiple slots, try all of them.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
vikingboy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly.
Check if there is something wrong with the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable.
Try cleaning the PCIE slot with an air duster. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two.
If that doesnt help try moving to a different PCIE slot. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard on same system if possible.
innervisi0nn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:22:00 PM

I get the POST code error 2b when trying to boot with an Ati HD5870.(graphic card is from ATI not other company)
My system is:Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME, I7-920, 6GB Corsair DDR3 ram and PSU is Corsair 620HX.

I have tested the graphic card on another system and it boots ok. With a 500w noname PSU.

Try these:

-Clear CMOS jumper on the mobo
-Take the battery out of the mobo for 60 seconds, plug it back in
-Product could have been damaged during shipment, small knock on these things and this could happen
-Do you have both SLI-e power 6 pins plugged into the video card?
-Is it securely in its socket?
-Uninstall/reinstall video drivers
*-Update bios on video card to a less buggier version - if its xfx, you can get it off their site I believe (Must register for support tho)

Its the bios on the video card thats messing up, what programs do you have installed and is this overclocked?

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:24:03 PM

I recently ran into that also.
Turned out to be a faulty card, and the other simply just compatibility problem.
gboytazzz

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:24:53 PM

are you sure the card is seated in right .... sometimes when installing the vid card i know i do this when i plug in the power cables to the card i maybe be to heavy hands making the card loose a little conntion to the PCIE slot casing "no post" issues....

umm also,  did you try reseting the cmos ?? try flushing all the power out of your system:

this can be done 2 different ways:
    1. shutting down system all the way turn off PSU then holding power button for 30sec or so..
   if that does work then
   2. same step as before but this time unplug all cables that are connected to MB from PSU( power to CPU/ power to MB cables) then hold power and see if that works

now when you re plug everything in right b4 hitting the power button hold the reset CMOS button for a good 15sec then try power it up ...  

let me know if this helps ....

donation are accpected here  Grin Wink

1FcXpKatRqB8BuWy4cn9ohZXs7DuiL13RU

donations: 1HoeR3J4dr3G5RnnGhyNWjd1NxhDbGNJps
flexcoin : gboytazz
aznsniper911

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:25:38 PM

Wow this is a rare error to see. I assume you made sure that the card was all the way in right? Did you reset the entire board by turning off the powersupply then taking the battery off?
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:25:49 PM

Have you tried the motherboard with another graphic card?
gboytazzz

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:25:58 PM

dang i came in here while there was no post and no there are 5 b4  Embarrassed  Embarrassed being at work and trying to do this sucks lol

donations: 1HoeR3J4dr3G5RnnGhyNWjd1NxhDbGNJps
flexcoin : gboytazz
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:28:10 PM

I would take the motherboard out of the case, place it on a piece of cardboard, and install the following hardware only:  PSU, one RAM stick in slot # 3 (the farthest black slot from the CPU), the OS hard drive, GPU, monitor, mouse and keyboard....then try to boot.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
xaxistech

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

-re-seat the GPU
-Use only 1 stick of ram, try all sticks
-check motherboard for red lights
-try different PCI-e connectors
-if you can, try different slots
-if you can try another GPU, if that one works, you will have to RMA the 5870
-You can also try and tell me the bios beep error, that will always tell you exactly whats wrong, you will just need to consult the mobo's manual

I've had lots of computer related problem, im pretty sure I can help Smiley

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:45:39 PM

Make sure that it's plugged in (hahaha...seriously though, make sure both PCI-E plugs are solidly plugged into the card, and that they're plugged into the PSU as well if you have a modular PSU)

Make sure there are no BIOS settings related to "what kind of video card to look for" in the BIOS -- sometimes you have to specify.

Some older MOBOs have a small card that looks like a DIMM between the 2 PCI-E slots that is used to turn SLI on/off. This can affect your video cards, of course.

Make sure the video card is firmly seated in the slot.

How many PCI-E slots are there? Are you putting it in the primary one? What other card(s) do you have in your PC?

the card is plugged in. i have tried without one plug and it beeps.
it doesn't have a DIMM. here is the pic: http://www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/2957/1045.jpg
the card is firmly seated in the slot. i have tried the second slot too and i don't have any other card plugged in.

When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly.
Check if there is something wrong with the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable.
Try cleaning the PCIE slot with an air duster. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two.
If that doesnt help try moving to a different PCIE slot. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard on same system if possible.

it just hangs. no beep. no use to turn the monitor on and off. the system doesn't boot. currently i have one ati 4870 in my system.

Try these:

-Clear CMOS jumper on the mobo
-Take the battery out of the mobo for 60 seconds, plug it back in
-Product could have been damaged during shipment, small knock on these things and this could happen
-Do you have both SLI-e power 6 pins plugged into the video card?
-Is it securely in its socket?
-Uninstall/reinstall video drivers
*-Update bios on video card to a less buggier version - if its xfx, you can get it off their site I believe (Must register for support tho)

Its the bios on the video card thats messing up, what programs do you have installed and is this overclocked?

i did clear the cmos. every bios upgrade clear the cmos. product works on another system.both sli-e power 6 pins plugged! it is securely in the slot.no use to uninstall/reinstall the video drivers. system doesn't boot! card is ATI and it isn't overclocked. not sure how to upgrade bios.couldn't find any bios on ati's website

Wow this is a rare error to see. I assume you made sure that the card was all the way in right? Did you reset the entire board by turning off the powersupply then taking the battery off?

no.will try.

Have you tried the motherboard with another graphic card?

yes. i currently have 4870 on it.

I would take the motherboard out of the case, place it on a piece of cardboard, and install the following hardware only:  PSU, one RAM stick in slot # 3 (the farthest black slot from the CPU), the OS hard drive, GPU, monitor, mouse and keyboard....then try to boot.

tried with one RAM stick but in slot #1. will try with #3 too.
-re-seat the GPU
-Use only 1 stick of ram, try all sticks
-check motherboard for red lights
-try different PCI-e connectors
-if you can, try different slots
-if you can try another GPU, if that one works, you will have to RMA the 5870
-You can also try and tell me the bios beep error, that will always tell you exactly whats wrong, you will just need to consult the mobo's manual

I've had lots of computer related problem, im pretty sure I can help Smiley

motherboard doesn't beep. just give me error "2b" and i told you what it means from the manual.

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:50:19 PM

I had to put all PCI-e slots into x1 mode in BIOS on one of my P67 rigs. Otherwise it would say the video BIOS wasn't invoked. After that 4 cards worked.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Thor

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:02:14 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2011, 06:14:23 PM by Thor

I have found confirmations that with BIOS version F13J 58xx and 69xx series cards definitely work.  You could try that.

Also, I would try re-flashing your video card's bios as well, in case your other test computer is just a little more forgiving of some minor problem in it.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:18:41 PM

I had to put all PCI-e slots into x1 mode in BIOS on one of my P67 rigs. Otherwise it would say the video BIOS wasn't invoked. After that 4 cards worked.

i can't find/don't have that option in bios Sad
here is link for manual: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ex58-extreme_e.pdf

I have found confirmations that with BIOS version F13J 58xx and 69xx series cards definitely work.  You could try that.

Also, I would try re-flashing your video card's bios as well, in case your other test computer is just a little more forgiving of some minor problem in it.

i do have BIOS F13Q. link on how and where to get new bios for video card?

aznsniper911

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:25:41 PM

That's because P67 without the NF200 chip has a limited bandwith compare to X58.
DrReaper

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:52:32 PM

Make sure your using power from the supply that isn't plugged into anything else. Your line should come from the power supply directly to the card. Don't sap any power for a DVD or hard drive.

1MuwVqCa5jL5HrbwTEz11ccihZcQVYodu5
LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:55:17 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2011, 07:24:58 PM by LegitBit

The X58 Chipset is power hungry. Processor and Mobo can pull 200W on it's own if you are overclocking. (My X38 Skulltrail was very similar in wattage) I needed a 750 W to keep it all stable.

Add in the Max estimate for the GFX of 200W, and the 25W for 8GB of ram.. 10W HDD, maybe more for Fans/Lights/Cooling and you are looking at medium-high usage for a 620W PSU.

Are you Overclocking? if so, stop, the bus frequency can cause cards not to boot sometimes. Also enable "Load Spectrum" (This may be called something different) It is a feature that pushes constant voltage to the chipset, ensuring stability. It is not normally enabled.

Otherwise.. grab a multimeter and stick it in one of the 12V rails, watch the amperage when you boot. If it drops significantly then you have a PSU issue.

More than likely however, is the overclocking, if the system bus is out of clock with the PCIE frequency video will fail to boot. I had a 4890 that worked fine in my X38, but I had to reset RAM timings to get my 5770 to work.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:22:57 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2011, 01:21:52 PM by Ente

Try putting your RAM into slots 2, 4, 6 (depending on how many you have), not into the other slots.
If that and the other ideas dont work.. I too guess faulty hardware or incompatible BIOS settings (less likely).

Good luck, keep us updated!

Ente
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: