Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Whats the 3 most constructive way to introduce someone to BTC ?
Give them some bitcoin (and then what?) - 15 (21.1%)
Show them how to save on purse.io - 7 (9.9%)
Show them how to buy or sell on openbazaar - 6 (8.5%)
Take them somewhere you can pay the bill in BTC - 9 (12.7%)
Show a business owner how they can accept BTC - 6 (8.5%)
Tell them how to get free satoshi from a faucet - 1 (1.4%)
Tell them who you think satoshi nakamoto is - 2 (2.8%)
Tell them whether you support core or classic - 1 (1.4%)
Tell them BTC will make them rich in the future - 6 (8.5%)
Explain how banks will not control their BTC - 10 (14.1%)
Explain the history of BTC and what halving is - 3 (4.2%)
Explain what mining is - 1 (1.4%)
Tell them they will earn money just holding BTC - 4 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you helping mass adoption ?  (Read 2891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mki8 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:20:52 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 02:29:27 PM by mki8

For many that might not know, May22nd marks the day the first pizza's were bought with bitcoin, marking the first real world transaction.
the pizza's were bought for 10,000 BTC, more details can be found if you search. (sorry lazy i know)

I constantly read comments from others about how many btc you holding ? whats your magic number to cashout ?
which really annoys me as none of the people commenting are actually trying to help btc adoption,
what many do not realize is when btc is adopted by the masses, you will never want to cash out.

Now with May 22nd upon us, EDIT: now just passed.
i want to suggest somethings we can do,
and also ask what else we can do to help mass adoption,
Bitcoin needs a KUTA to help mass adoption
we should really mark a day where we all make a strong effort to make the masses aware of bitcoin,
and please note, the masses do not care about how things work or their history or future,
they care about the here and now, and what benefits them the most today,
so explaining stuff like faucets, or your price forecast, or anonymity, or who you think satoshi is, just does not interest the masses,
The poll above is just there for reference, as most people wont care to read all the comments
if anyone has good ideas to add, post them and i will add them
most items on the poll also assume you have already shown someone how to load coins to their wallet.

Really, we should be trying to do everything stated in the list below everyday.

Things we can do EVERYDAY to help mass adoption:

• Live purely off bitcoin, and not spend a penny of fiat, and let everyone know.
  • Ask every single outlet you visit, if they accept bitcoin, and sigh in disbelief if they don't.
  • Show every outlet you visit how they could easily accept bitcoin.
  • Fill your trolley with high end goods, and when cashier says BTC not accepted, just walk out.
  • Give bitcoin (well mbit or satoshi) to someone that has never had bitcoin.
  • show someone how to make a purchase from purse.io saving them 15% (actually buy an item)
  • turn up at a cafe and forget your cash, but then pay in bitcoin, showing owner how to accept.
  • Buy some online and something offline with bitcoin.
  • Buy something from openbazaar
  • Show someone how to buy from Openbazaar (buy an item)
  • Show someone how they can sell on openbazaar.
  • Open an openbazaar shop.
  • Load a peper wallet and give to someone, then show them how to use.
  • Show an adult entertainer how to accept BTC and then pay/tip them with BTC
  • Ask your local Pub/Bar if they will hold a 2 for 1 or promotional beer for bitcoin night.

Please comment on what you do or what we all could be doing to help mass adoption of btc.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:59:49 AM

If you click on give someone some bitcoins, in the poll,
Please state what you would then show that person what to do with their BTC

Its all good showing them how you can give them a few satoshi
but then what can they then do with them ?
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:03:57 AM

Maybe we can setup a "localpizza.com" to help people look for pizza shops that accept bitcoins...

mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:05:58 AM

Maybe we can setup a "localpizza.com" to help people look for pizza shops that accept bitcoins...
perfect idea, its more thinking like this is what we need,
you could take it a step further and just have bitcoin map app of every outlet that accepts bitcoin
probably someone on it already, if anyone knows such services please do share.

but more thinking like this whats needed
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:12:02 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2016, 02:34:31 AM by mki8

just a quick search gave the following, which may be helpful to many

https://coinmap.org
http://bitcoinrestaurants.net/
http://spendbitcoins.com/places/
http://usebitcoins.info

Also Bitcoin ATM map

https://coinatmradar.com/

And

http://pizzaforcoins.com/
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:41:26 AM

Show a business owner how they can accept BTC = what I said

if people did that bitcoin would grow through small business and
really take off.

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:45:13 AM

people do pizza take outs or eat ins all the time. if more pizza places can accept it it will spread like wildfire. we need to convince the pizza shop owners of bitcoin's beauty.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:47:26 AM

Time to time i am telling to my friends about this innovation how it can change their life if they just now start make savings into bitcoin, some of them are really happy to be part of bitcoin as price is almost doubled at the moment when we make it compare with last year, on this day i would like to tell some other people how they can make secure their future with this.
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:02:53 AM

Yes, I tell friends about being traded on the stock exchange cryptocurrency. Constantly I am talking and bragging. And gradually their interest the this and they start to become interested. And then I start to talk about the whole system. I acquaint with faucets, exchange offices and the stock exchange.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:07:13 AM

i think the best way of teaching anybody about anything (not only bitcoin) is walking them through it.
in case of bitcoin this can be done by giving them some amount, teaching them how to set up a wallet or even introduce them to coinbase so they can do all in one place and also buy/sell there.
then introduce services that accept bitcoin purse.io is one of the best to save up a lot of money in the long run.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:11:18 AM

i'm trying to do the first point, which i think is the most important one for increase the adoption for bitcoin, buying only with bitcoin mean also less dumping, thus you help the market grow

but for now it's not feasible at 100%, at least for me, i'm trying my best to minimize the expenditure in fiat, for now only food is mandatory in fiat for me
Denker
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:15:10 AM

I have done and still do most of the things in the list to spread the word for Bitcoin.
And I will also try to buy a pizza with Bitcoin again, but not sure if I will find a service who will accept it.
If not I will do it like Laszlo did. Let someone else pay the pizza with cc or paypal and pay him back with Bitcoin. Smiley
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:38:15 AM

Time to time i am telling to my friends about this innovation how it can change their life if they just now start make savings into bitcoin, some of them are really happy to be part of bitcoin as price is almost doubled at the moment when we make it compare with last year, on this day i would like to tell some other people how they can make secure their future with this.

mmmm.... your comments is what i usually discourage people from saying when explaining bitcoin,
what you are doing is not showing them how to use bitcoin, which in turn helps mass adoption, but instead you are showing people bitcoin as an investment, which does not help as investment means risk, and people do not want to risk money on something they know nothing about and cannot touch.

what would you say or show someone, after you have explained bitcoin as an investment, that asked you:
but what can i or others do with it ?
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:44:23 AM

lets not forget peeps, Pizza day just marks the first real world transaction, which just happened to be pizza's

but anytime you are out it would always be good to ask if can pay in bitcoin, especially if two of you together,
then one can ask if a store accepts bitcoin, they say no, so you offer your friend to pay and you give him the bitcoin,
your friend accepts and pays in fiat, you both stand there in view of everyone, and then send the friend bitcoin for his fiat.
If done in front of business owners they will take note, it would also create conversation in that outlet among staff,
stuff like this we need to be doing daily, making a constant effort to put btc in public view.

I do hope everyone plans an all out BTC awareness day for the 22nd May.

I strongly feel most of the BTC community at present is very short sighted and really only concerned with their own future and not bitcoins future as a whole, which would in turn may make their future a lot brighter.

i'm trying to do the first point, which i think is the most important one for increase the adoption for bitcoin, buying only with bitcoin mean also less dumping, thus you help the market grow

but for now it's not feasible at 100%, at least for me, i'm trying my best to minimize the expenditure in fiat, for now only food is mandatory in fiat for me
More people like you are whats needed, ready to spend their btc instead of holding hoping for a return (in fiat) on their investment.

we do need to try to live purely on btc whenever possible.
When you say food, do you mean eating out or supermarket ?

we all need to let businesses (small and large) know there is a demand for businesses accepting bitcoin, and we should support any business that already accepts bitcoin, so other business' nearby can see the benefit of accepting btc.

Show a business owner how they can accept BTC = what I said
if people did that bitcoin would grow through small business and
really take off.
I strongly agree with you 100%, if you start showing small businesses the benefits, especially tax wise, this will help BTC a lot. Small businesses struggle as it is so they will accept every bit of help they can get. We should also strongly support any small business that accepts bitcoin.
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:13:56 AM

i believe bitcoin mass adoption very depend on where bitcoin introduced,and in my country this 3 step might the best way to make bitcoin mass adopted.
- Give them some bitcoin (and then tell them how to create wallet and use that bitcon)
- Take them somewhere you can pay the bill in BTC
- Tell them they will earn money just holding BTC

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:31:36 AM

I'll for sure participate and help adoption,actually I'm trying to do this all the time,but this day on particular I'll be even more active.Let's hope we'll actually make an impact.Believe!

tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:15:11 AM

I'm helping with the publicity of bitcoins actually. If I'm bored, I usually go on some chat sites and talk to strangers about bitcoins. It's a little saddening that nearly everyone that I've chatted with does not have any idea about bitcoins. Some have heard of it, some knows of it, but they don't still see the point or the potential of bitcoins.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:19:27 AM

I'm helping with the publicity of bitcoins actually. If I'm bored, I usually go on some chat sites and talk to strangers about bitcoins. It's a little saddening that nearly everyone that I've chatted with does not have any idea about bitcoins. Some have heard of it, some knows of it, but they don't still see the point or the potential of bitcoins.

You're not alone bro. Most even think that it's being for scamming purposes.

Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:25:00 AM

I'm a bit guilty of not making use of BTC for what it's supposed to be used for. I'm holding on to some (not even 1BTC), but I'm really planning on spending some, if there are more merchants who'll accept it as payment. I also try to open conversations about BTC to my friends while we're heading home from work. They don't seem too interested as I am, but atleast it's being part of our conversations.
Fraxinus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:26:27 AM

You're absolutely right,a lot of people just hear about bitcoin and not sustain any further interest or look for bitcoin and find some not so positive information and quit.It's our mission to continue spreading the positivity for bitcoin.

Cloverdale

Activity: 364

Want Loan ? : Goo.gl/KjntcF

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:27:41 AM

I'll look dumb i I ask every single store here in my local if they accept bitcoin. They don't even know there is this thing called online currencies. Cheesy
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:20:21 PM

Actually, I'm proud to say that I'm already helping in the adoption of bitcoins in the littlest way. I go around some known shops and whenever I pay at the counter, I usually talk to them about bitcoin like how it can help their business ease up transaction and stuff like that.
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:35:01 PM

I'll look dumb i I ask every single store here in my local if they accept bitcoin. They don't even know there is this thing called online currencies. Cheesy
They dont know what bitcoins are because nobody has told them, so this is your chance to explain or at least make them aware of bitcoin,
how on earth do you think you will look dumb ?
even if you did look dumb for a minute, at least your community will be talking about the dumb kid that was ranting on about bitcoins, some money you cannot touch
a week later you will look like the local tech wiz ahead of the rest

You're not alone bro. Most even think that it's being for scamming purposes.
Thats because most people explain bitcoin as an investment, which most people do not care about as investment means risk, and if they dont understand it must just be a scam, people just needs show others the ways to use bitcoin first.

When you were little and were given your first money,
did you save it or did you go to the sweet/candy shop and use it for what it was good for ?

Everyone wants to go to the sweet shop, we only learn about saving and investing money after we bought a lot of sweets.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:50:16 PM

I voted "give people some coins" - people love getting free money.

As to how this helps - if a lot of people have bitcoin, then businesses will automatically start accepting it, in order to part people from their coins (this is the nature of business). The reason that most businesses don't bother is because most people don't have coins.

For a while when businesses like Overstock announced they were accepting BTC, lots of other businesses followed suit because it was terrific publicity for them. They'd get voted to the top of the bitcoin subreddit just for saying they were taking bitcoin. What killed that movement was Overstock announcing a year later that not many people had used bitcoin to buy stuff from them. If the usage was high, everyone else would have piled in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:51:31 PM

This poll lacks the best response: Explain to people the advantages of bitcoin as a consumer or merchant (or both), depending on whom you are speaking to, over fiat alternatives.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
mki8 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:54:59 PM

This poll lacks the best response: Explain to people the advantages of bitcoin as a consumer or merchant (or both), depending on whom you are speaking to, over fiat alternatives.
And in your opinion, what are the advantages ?

Can you shorten that so it fits ?
Jushe

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:41:06 PM

• Fill your trolley with high end goods, and when cashier says BTC not accepted, just walk out.

>Fills up trolley with high end goods
    >Electronics, new Tv, new blender, overpriced kitchenaid mixer
    >Thousands of dollars worth of stuff
    >Go to counter
    >Asks if they accept bitcoin
    >Cashier says "Yes we do we started last week!"
    >mfw
    >Ends up paying thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins for stuff I don't need
    >Now has a second kitchenaid mixer to go with the one I already don't use
    >mfw

[/list]
    ebliever
    Legendary

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 02:58:41 PM

It has many advantages. I would just add an option "Explain to people the advantages of using bitcoin."

I have a flier that I stick in bills (on the rare occasion I have to mail something in), leave at restaurants and so on, that lists advantages for merchants. You can view it at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5arh9gjq2k50zx0/Merchant%20Acceptance.pptx?dl=0

It reads, in part:
    I encourage you to accept bitcoin as a payment method from your customers!
    Advantages:
    No credit card fees.
    No chargebacks.
    No forgeries.
    No counterfeit cash.
    No bounced checks.
    No expired credit cards.
    Immediate, irreversible payments.
    Electronic payment – saves postage.
    Double these efficiencies as you integrate bitcoin payments with suppliers.
    Proven security of the bitcoin blockchain.
    Cost-efficient 3rd party payment processors available to make bitcoin-to-fiat conversion a breeze, provide invoicing solutions and more.

streazight

Activity: 910
    Merit: 502

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

But you should promote it.
    We should Show a business owner how they can accept BTC
    Junko
    Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:13:25 PM
    Last edit: May 05, 2016, 03:25:35 PM by Junko

Give them some bitcoin (and then what?)

There is no risk of losing anything for the person you are giving btc to. They now have a vested interest in bitcoin. And since they now have skin in the game, they will naturally want to learn about what it is that they are a part of and how to use it.

Bitcoin makes a nice additional birthday present, btw.  Smiley

Take them somewhere you can pay the bill in BTC

This shows them firsthand, live and in person that btc actually works and how smooth and easy it is in regards to purchasing things and that it is an acceptable form of currency(for some places). This should at least pique their interest a bit.

Explain how banks will not control their BTC

When the idea that they become their own bank sets in, combined with a little more understanding of how bitcoin works, they will then be able to better appreciate the utility of bitcoin and future possibilities.

I think the other choices in the poll might be a bit too technical and too overwhelming for someone new to digest initially and may actually impede their desire to learn more about bitcoin, unless they are actually interested in those specific aspects of bitcoin, like mining or trading for instance.
    dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:16:45 PM
    Last edit: May 05, 2016, 03:34:16 PM by dippididodaday

I have to say I look at the poll as a good attempt to encourage peeps to start using bitcoin. your response lacks grace and is a little bit boastful imo.

jaff11

Activity: 32

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:18:33 PM

i think Give them some bitcoin to promote it
    ebliever
    Legendary

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:39:25 PM

I have to say I look at the poll as a good attempt to encourage peeps to start using bitcoin. your response lacks grace and is a little bit boastful imo.

I'm sorry. It did come off as overbearing, when I was just offering an opinion. I shouldn't have phrased it that way. Thanks for pointing that out and calling me to account.

Jasad
    Legendary

Activity: 1414
    Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

1. Give them some bitcoin (and then what?)
    i think this step just give better explain than you tell people about bitcoin with so much words and video,just give them bitcoin and tel them how to spent it on purse.io or any other site like openbazaar.
    Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84

View Profile
    May 05, 2016, 10:54:36 PM

We get a lot of street performers in the Summer and think they could put a code beside the donation box for people to ask what is that?
    Little off topic but I saw adult performer and thats what came to mind.

I most likely will be doing nothing and will feel bad about doing nothing.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
    █████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
    ██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
    mki8 (OP)

View Profile
    May 06, 2016, 02:49:56 AM

It has many advantages. I would just add an option "Explain to people the advantages of using bitcoin."

I have a flier that I stick in bills (on the rare occasion I have to mail something in), leave at restaurants and so on, that lists advantages for merchants. You can view it at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5arh9gjq2k50zx0/Merchant%20Acceptance.pptx?dl=0

It reads, in part:
    I encourage you to accept bitcoin as a payment method from your customers!
    Advantages:
    No credit card fees.
    No chargebacks.
    No forgeries.
    No counterfeit cash.
    No bounced checks.
    No expired credit cards.
    Immediate, irreversible payments.
    Electronic payment – saves postage.
    Double these efficiencies as you integrate bitcoin payments with suppliers.
    Proven security of the bitcoin blockchain.
    Cost-efficient 3rd party payment processors available to make bitcoin-to-fiat conversion a breeze, provide invoicing solutions and more.

most of that sort of comes under banks do not control your btc
    its already on the list

You cannot just put a vague option like explain advantages
    as everyone has different idea of what the advantages are

No credit card fees. thats banks not controlling
    No chargebacks. thats banks not controlling
    No forgeries. not really an advantage as you can be cashless with fiat
    No counterfeit cash. same as above
    No bounced checks. thats banks not controlling
    No expired credit cards. thats banks not controlling
    Immediate, irreversible payments. thats banks not controlling
    Electronic payment – saves postage. you dont pay postage to send fiat, dont understand that one
    Double these efficiencies as you integrate bitcoin payments with suppliers. debateable
    Proven security of the bitcoin blockchain. People need to protect their btc themselves.............not always an advantage
    Exhanges are just services notan advantage really, as it may be an extra process

I do like your flyer though as it does explain to business owners they can take payments without banks
    we should all carry such flyers about and leave them everywhere

We get a lot of street performers in the Summer and think they could put a code beside the donation box for people to ask what is that?
    Little off topic but I saw adult performer and thats what came to mind.

I most likely will be doing nothing and will feel bad about doing nothing.

Amazing Idea, if you approach every busker or street performer, explain to them what BTC is and how to make a wallet, and tell them make a sign with BTC image and QR Code so nice and visible and you will be back to donate, stuff like this can make local news, maybe national if it takes off among street performers.
    would be even better if you could get a street performer in the right area to only accept bitcoin, and either refuse fiat or donate any fiat donations to someone else, that would easily get some publicity and would be worth a paper writing about, a street performer that dont accept cash.
    mki8 (OP)

View Profile
    May 06, 2016, 03:10:29 AM

Give them some bitcoin (and then what?)

There is no risk of losing anything for the person you are giving btc to. They now have a vested interest in bitcoin. And since they now have skin in the game, they will naturally want to learn about what it is that they are a part of and how to use it.

Bitcoin makes a nice additional birthday present, btw.  Smiley

Take them somewhere you can pay the bill in BTC

This shows them firsthand, live and in person that btc actually works and how smooth and easy it is in regards to purchasing things and that it is an acceptable form of currency(for some places). This should at least pique their interest a bit.

Explain how banks will not control their BTC

When the idea that they become their own bank sets in, combined with a little more understanding of how bitcoin works, they will then be able to better appreciate the utility of bitcoin and future possibilities.

I think the other choices in the poll might be a bit too technical and too overwhelming for someone new to digest initially and may actually impede their desire to learn more about bitcoin, unless they are actually interested in those specific aspects of bitcoin, like mining or trading for instance.

Totally agree with you, for me the top 5 options are good depending on which person you are speaking to, and then yes the banks not being in control comes after you have shown them what btc is and how they can use it, i put the rest of the options is so we can see people think the unimportant stuff is important, after reading loads of comments, i just wanted to see if people do think stuff like faucets are important when explaining to someone about bitcoin, even though the poll has not had many votes, you can see why some people may be put of by btc when they hear of it, people just want to know its use, not be introduced to btc as an investment (investment = risk)
    mki8 (OP)

View Profile
    May 06, 2016, 03:18:31 AM

>Fills up trolley with high end goods
      >Electronics, new Tv, new blender, overpriced kitchenaid mixer
      >Thousands of dollars worth of stuff
      >Go to counter
      >Asks if they accept bitcoin
      >Cashier says "Yes we do we started last week!"
      >mfw
      >Ends up paying thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins for stuff I don't need
      >Now has a second kitchenaid mixer to go with the one I already don't use
      >mfw

[/list]

i didnt say load up with stuff you dont want to buy,
      obviously, yes you should also have sufficient btc to pay for your goods too,
      otherwise you are going to look a bit daft if no btc to pay,
      or you start asking "can i put that back" hoping the fit bird on next counter dont hear you asking.
      option was more aimed for 1 day, May 22nd, so hold off buying expensive goods from now til then
      Or you could just get someone to go in and ask before you fill your trolley.

If you want you could just buy yourself a pack of gum
      and then when the cashier says no, you still sigh in disbelief like its the end of the world
      maybe you could even throw yourself on the floor in a tantrum
      or if she says yes you just pay a few sats
      pooya87
      Legendary

Activity: 3444
      Merit: 10554

View Profile
      May 06, 2016, 03:59:57 AM

the first two options here is the exact two options that i always use when i want to tell somebody about bitcoin and help the mass adoption, i give them some bitcoin and help them get started and tell them about all these good services that they can use when they have bitcoin.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
      █████████
      ██████████████
      ████████████
      █████████████████
      ████████████████▄▄
      ░█████████████▀░▀▀
      ██████████████████
      ░██████████████
      ████████████████
      ░██████████████
      ████████████
      ███████████████░██
      ██████████
      CRYPTO CASINO &
      SPORTS BETTING
      ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
      ███████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
      █████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
      ▀███████████████▀
      █████████
      mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 06, 2016, 07:58:05 AM

the first two options here is the exact two options that i always use when i want to tell somebody about bitcoin and help the mass adoption, i give them some bitcoin and help them get started and tell them about all these good services that they can use when they have bitcoin.
      Thats good, this is what we need to encourage the btc community as a whole to do,
      just get to it and show people what btc can be used for,
      instead of dribbling on about the stuff that the masses really do not care about.

I wish we could make a sticky about a guide for the best ways to introduce someone to bitcoin,
      we could make a step by step guide for people
      so we all agree sort of depending on people being told,
      which order of information is more constructive
      obviously its never black and white, but i feel many people may do more harm than good,
      when they start ranting dribble about bitcoin that makes the other person switch off and not care to listen.
      i do think the biggest mistake a lot make is to start talking about bitcoin as an investment, and how the price has gone up and how it should go up in future etc. as many people do not want to hear about investments.
      notech

Activity: 31

View Profile
      May 06, 2016, 12:25:52 PM

Guys I'd like to share Bitcorner.it will refund your pizza in bitcoin.
      There is a competition opening today till midnight 22/05/2016
      Get a pizza (in any currency) which reminds about Bitcoin Pizza Day, such as tomato written BTC or anything else..
      Take a photo of it and upload to facebook page or directly to the portal.
      The most creative and original will be refunded at the end of competition to your bitcoin wallet.

Competition link http://www.bitcorner.it/2016/05/06/22-maggio-2016-anniversario-bitcoin-pizza-day/though this is in italian as it's an italian crypto news website.
      English Rules can be found herehttp://www.bitcorner.it/pubblicita/bitcoin-pizza-day-2016/. Competition is open wordwide!
      Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day!!!  Grin
      dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
      May 06, 2016, 05:51:01 PM

i do think the biggest mistake a lot make is to start talking about bitcoin as an investment, and how the price has gone up and how it should go up in future etc. as many people do not want to hear about investments.

If the price of bitcoin fluctuate up and down and more down and up again how can you not relate to it "investmentwise"? Gambling is a huge problem for the poorest of people because gambling promises instant "investment" success which of course tragically almost always ends up a total loss for almost everybody. Nevertheless, you don't have to be all technical about bitcoin and talk to folk in terms of 'investment' and use all kind of fancy jargon. We can use plain ideas when introducing bitcoin. The point is people of the world have become much poorer and more than ever are looking for "investment" to quickly get out of poverty.

Maybe we tell the masses bitcoin help you keep what you've got if you switch from fiat and chances are quite good (much much better than gamble) you will also gain more [over time] by just holding on to it and using it with friends and buying tasty pizzas with it.

mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 07, 2016, 12:44:24 PM

If the price of bitcoin fluctuate up and down and more down and up again how can you not relate to it "investmentwise"? Gambling is a huge problem for the poorest of people because gambling promises instant "investment" success which of course tragically almost always ends up a total loss for almost everybody. Nevertheless, you don't have to be all technical about bitcoin and talk to folk in terms of 'investment' and use all kind of fancy jargon. We can use plain ideas when introducing bitcoin. The point is people of the world have become much poorer and more than ever are looking for "investment" to quickly get out of poverty.

Maybe we tell the masses bitcoin help you keep what you've got if you switch from fiat and chances are quite good (much much better than gamble) you will also gain more [over time] by just holding on to it and using it with friends and buying tasty pizzas with it.

My point is the majority of the public switch off when they hear investment, as they then think bitcoin is just a gamble.
      The majority of people would take more interest if they knew what they could actually do with bitcoin, instead of just being told its an investment.
      MFahad

Activity: 2464
      Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
      May 07, 2016, 01:20:19 PM

Celebrating World Bitcoin Pizza Day on MAY 22nd will be a great idea.  These are the few small events that can really promote the bitcoins .
       People will enjoy discounts on Pizza and at the same time it will involve bitcoins to buy pizzas Wink

▄▄████████▄▄
      ▄▄████████████████▄▄
      ▄██
      ████████████████████▄
      ▄███
      ██████████████████████▄
      ▄████
      ███████████████████████▄
      ███████████████████████▄
      █████████████████▄███████
      ████████████████▄███████▀
      ██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
      ████████▄████▄█████▀▀
      ██████▄██████████▀
      ███▄▄█████
      ███████▄
      ██▄██████████████
      ░▄██████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
      ████████████
      ███████████▀
      ███████▀▀
      ▄▄███████▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████▄
      ▄██████████
      ███████████
      ▄███████████████████████▄
      ▀█
      ██████████████████████▀
      ▀██
      ███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀█████████
      ██████▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀
       ElonCoin.org 
      ████████▄▄███████▄▄
      ███████▄████████████▌
      ██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
      ███████████████████▐█▌
      ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
      ███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
      ███████████████████
      █████████████▄████
      █████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
      ███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
      ███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
      ▄██████▄▀███████▀
      ████████▄▀████▀
      █████▄▄
      "I could either watch it
      happen or be a part of it"
      ▬▬▬▬▬
      bob123
      Legendary

Activity: 1624
      Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
      May 07, 2016, 01:30:46 PM

This sounds like a pretty good idea.

mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 07, 2016, 01:35:45 PM

Celebrating World Bitcoin Pizza Day on MAY 22nd will be a great idea.  These are the few small events that can really promote the bitcoins .
       People will enjoy discounts on Pizza and at the same time it will involve bitcoins to buy pizzas Wink
      The pizza day marks the first day bitcoin was used in the real world it just happened to be pizza's bought with bitcoin,
      we can do anything we like to promote bitcoin, but i think we as a community need to start coming together with planned days and events as a whole, we need to help bitcoin help us.

Its one thing the people that are more invested in bitcoin are missing, we need to do more as a community to bring awareness to the masses on a daily basis but big day events or days to celebrate are what can get peoples attention and make headlines

I did just think of a great idea, which hopefully someone could try May 22nd or they could use a different day and it would be another date on the calendar
      How about a beer for bitcoin day, either a one day event for local brewers, or just a promotional night in your local pub or bar.
      mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 07, 2016, 01:52:35 PM

you could take it a step further and just have bitcoin map app of every outlet that accepts bitcoin

I'm sure that a service already exists, and if it doesn't, should create it soon because it will be an important application in the future Wink !
      Yes if you read i do state someone is probably already on it,
      and if you read the very next comment you would have seen i posted the links

Also Bitcoin ATM map

Daniel91
      Legendary

Activity: 3374
      Merit: 1824

View Profile
      May 07, 2016, 02:06:08 PM

This is great idea but not for everybody and not everywhere.
      For example, in my country almost nobody know about Bitcoin and many people don't or can't use Internet often.
      Also, people even don't use Internet often for financial transactions, Internet banking, buying or selling on Internet etc.
      So, concept about Bitcoin is still very difficult to explain to them.
      I tried with several of my friends but without results, they was very skeptic.
      It's obvious that in some countries foundation for Bitcoin is much bigger than in other countries.
      I like your idea about World Bitcoin Pizza Day  and wish you every luck- but it's to early to try something like this in my country.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
         ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
        ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
      ▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
      ██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
      ██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
      ███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
      ██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
       █▄▄████████ █████   ███
        ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
           ▀▀████   ████▀▀
      BITCOIN
      DICE
      EVENT
      BETTING
      WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
      ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
      ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
        ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
             ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      .PLAY NOW.
      mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 07, 2016, 02:12:27 PM

This is great idea but not for everybody and not everywhere.
      For example, in my country almost nobody know about Bitcoin and many people don't or can't use Internet often.
      Also, people even don't use Internet often for financial transactions, Internet banking, buying or selling on Internet etc.
      So, concept about Bitcoin is still very difficult to explain to them.
      I tried with several of my friends but without results, they was very skeptic.
      It's obvious that in some countries foundation for Bitcoin is much bigger than in other countries.
      I like your idea about World Bitcoin Pizza Day  and wish you every luck- but it's to early to try something like this in my country.
      Its not my idea mate, but i do think we need to start acting as community when it comes to bitcoin awareness,
      which is why i suggest we start making an effort to celebrate these historic days for bitcoin in an effort to make others aware.

and this can be for everyone everywhere, how about you make May 22nd the one day that the only thing you must do that day, is show someone bitcoin and give them some, that itself helps, you just need to find one person with a smart phone, install mycelium and give them a few satoshi.

Every little helps and we need to act as a community and stop making excuses like i cannot explain what bitcoin is because people dont know, thats exactly why we need to explain, i understand it may be too much for some, but nobody expects anyone to go and convert a nation over night, but we need to make more effort as a whole. Speak to those that have more of a reason to be interested like a business owner first instead of those who got more important things to think about like people more concerned about putting food on the table.

Hirose UK

Merit: 503

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
      May 07, 2016, 02:29:24 PM

agree with this
      Buy some online and something offline with bitcoin.
      Buy something from openbazaar
      Show someone how to buy from Openbazaar (buy an item)
      Show someone how they can sell on openbazaar.

the simple way is telling a seller how they can sell on openbazaar. tell them how they will get more money from openbaazar. maybe it will make them want to sell on openbazaar.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
         ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
         ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
         ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
         ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
         ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
         ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
         ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
         ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
         ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
         ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██████████████████████████████████████████
      ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
      █  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
      █  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
      █       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
      █     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
      █    ██████████    █ ▐  █
      █   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
      █    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
      █     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
      █                  █▐ █
      █                  █▐▐▌
      █                  █▐█
      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
      ▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
      ██         ▐█▌         ██
      ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
      ████████▄███████████▄████████
      ███▀    █████████████    ▀███
      ██       ███████████       ██
      ▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
      ▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
      ▀███████         ███████▀
      ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
      ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
      ..PLAY NOW..
      mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 08, 2016, 02:01:18 AM

I'm sure that a service already exists, and if it doesn't, should create it soon because it will be an important application in the future Wink !
      Yes if you read i do state someone is probably already on it,
      and if you read the very next comment you would have seen i posted the links

Also Bitcoin ATM map

That's not what I meant. I meant smartphone-based application. These ones also are not very precise and don't cover anything except the United States, or not as good as they cover this country.

Whats stopping you from using coinmap on your smart phone ?

agree with this
      Buy some online and something offline with bitcoin.
      Buy something from openbazaar
      Show someone how to buy from Openbazaar (buy an item)
      Show someone how they can sell on openbazaar.

the simple way is telling a seller how they can sell on openbazaar. tell them how they will get more money from openbaazar. maybe it will make them want to sell on openbazaar.

See there's a mistake, you should not tell them they will make more money on openbazaar, as of right now they most likely will not as openbazaar is still in very early statges, but what you can explain to them is:
      • It costs nothing to list products on openbazaar
      • No setup fees
      • no sales commision fees (FVF)
      • no chargebacks
      • no scamming buyers abusing paypal policies
      so they have nothing to lose by advertising on openbazaar, and if they get in early they will be seen a long term trusted sellers by the time openbazaar takes off with the masses.

I understand if you meant they would make more profit per sale when selling on openbazaar as no fees, but as a whole it will be a while before they would generate enough sales on openbazaar to better the profit a seller makes from ebay or Etsy etc.

Etsy sellers are a great target to introduce to openbazaar.
      iram66680

Activity: 630

View Profile
      May 08, 2016, 02:05:16 AM

I'm a bit guilty of not making use of BTC for what it's supposed to be used for. I'm holding on to some (not even 1BTC), but I'm really planning on spending some, if there are more merchants who'll accept it as payment. I also try to open conversations about BTC to my friends while we're heading home from work. They don't seem too interested as I am, but atleast it's being part of our conversations.
      At first I didn't know what to spend bitcoin on either because of not being accepted at most places I go too.
      But now I use it for placing bets as I see it as a way to try to make more of it instead of outright spending it.  Cheesy

mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 08, 2016, 02:31:37 AM

At first I didn't know what to spend bitcoin on either because of not being accepted at most places I go too.
      But now I use it for placing bets as I see it as a way to try to make more of it instead of outright spending it.  Cheesy
      do you ask everywhere you go if they accept bitcoin ?
      do you show small business owners how they can easily accept bitcoin ?
      dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
      May 09, 2016, 07:52:01 AM

do you ask everywhere you go if they accept bitcoin ?

'Everywhere' you say. Your zeal truly runs deep.

I can't vote formally I'll vote here and now. First one is good start point. Then watch to see if interest is sparked. Go on to second in line cause who doesn't like saving especially as inflation runs amock. Then move on further down the line with more if interest really gets going, and so on and so forth.
      jossiel

Activity: 2982
      Merit: 632

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
      May 09, 2016, 07:59:32 AM

This looks good and I hope this will be a very good event but If I will help to adopt that?
      Do you think tell will send me a pizza to my house? Tongue

apriyoni

View Profile WWW
      May 09, 2016, 08:21:16 AM

I help the bitcoin community by using the bitcoin. I use the bitcoin to buy online goods. The bitcoins are from mining.
      qiwoman2
      Legendary

Activity: 2114
      Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
      May 09, 2016, 08:29:45 AM

I am always trying to educate lay people about Bitcoin and I usually do it mainly through social media. I am going to train three people this week on how to collect and also buy bitcoin to start using it as part of their long-term savings plan and then on how later to spend it for goods and services.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
      █▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
      and trustless token exchange
      █████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
          █
      █████
      Denker
      Legendary

View Profile
      May 09, 2016, 08:33:55 AM

I help the bitcoin community by using the bitcoin. I use the bitcoin to buy online goods. The bitcoins are from mining.

From mining? That must be either some old coins or you live an area with really chip electricity.
      In my place there is no way mining could be profitable.Therefore the only left options to get Bitcoin is buying them and do some trading for profits or accumulation.
      Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
      May 09, 2016, 11:26:37 AM

I gave all my friends some Bitcoin to buy games on g2a and they were all very surprised at how easy it was to use. Unfortunately none of them liked it enough to start only using Bitcoin when shopping online.
      mki8 (OP)

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 02:31:02 PM

I gave all my friends some Bitcoin to buy games on g2a and they were all very surprised at how easy it was to use. Unfortunately none of them liked it enough to start only using Bitcoin when shopping online.

have you shown them how you had stuff from g2a for nearly half price because you bought btc a while ago ?
      lumeire
      Legendary

Activity: 1848
      Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 02:55:15 PM

Same case here. They were at first wowed by how BTCBTCBTC works, and how it can be used. But after that they wouldn't bother. One said 'Paypal is good enough for him.'  Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
      ▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
      █████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
      █████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
      ▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
       ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
        ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
                  ▀███▀
      |
      ..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
      |   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
      ►►  Powered by
      BOUNTY
      DETECTIVE
      RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 03:14:46 PM

i don't think i can help that much to the "mass adoption" as an individual.

but i can only help spread the word about bitcoin to my friends and family and colelgues, and i have already done that by introducing them to bitcoin and also giving some of them some BTC and also introducing them to purse.io

Buying the dip...
      Slow death
      Legendary

Activity: 3010
      Merit: 1100

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 03:22:07 PM

Same case here. They were at first wowed by how BTCBTCBTC works, and how it can be used. But after that they wouldn't bother. One said 'Paypal is good enough for him.'  Smiley

In my case it was exactly the same thing, I told my friends about btc, at first laughed and even called, but months later came because they wanted to pay server ... my friends had not  verified account on PayPal and Payza because their documents had not It has been issued in my country. So they came to me to find out how they could  pay using btc.

I showed them how to create Wallet in blockchain.info and gave them some satoshis. But they and as I wanted to use bitcoin to shop here in my country and heard about bitcoin card debit, but when we asked Card told us that no card works in my country, my friends gave up bitcoins and were open account in Payza and so are waiting for documents to verify their account in Payza.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
         ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
      ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
      █  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
      █  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
      █       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
      █     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
      █   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
      █    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
      █     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
      █                  █▐ █
      █                  █▐▐▌
      █                  █▐█
      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
      ▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
      ██         ▐█▌         ██
      ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
      ██       ███████████       ██
      ▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
      ▀███████         ███████▀
      ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
      ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
      ..PLAY NOW..
      CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 04:01:43 PM

My role currently is mostly focused on informing friends and family about bitcoin and how it works. Sometimes i sent them some free bitcoin if they opened up a wallet and sign a message.
      But most of them find that too hard.
      romero121
      Legendary

Activity: 3164
      Merit: 1213

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 04:06:50 PM

My role currently is mostly focused on informing friends and family about bitcoin and how it works. Sometimes i sent them some free bitcoin if they opened up a wallet and sign a message.

The same I do here with my friends. Initially I explain my friends regarding the existence of digital currency and used to indicate this to be the best among it which provides profit as well has several methods to earn.
      fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 04:07:58 PM

Exactly the most important thing is that we should recommend it to our friends and family first and ask them to continue the chain and that will help in mass adoption in future for sure.
      Beam

Activity: 67

View Profile
      May 24, 2016, 04:15:54 PM

Yes, i've been helping in mass adaption of bitcoins as i am using bitcoins and have made many people around me interested in bitcoin.
      I also told them how to earn bitcoins, like from faucets etc.
      apriyoni

View Profile WWW
      May 30, 2016, 08:20:22 AM

I promote the bitcoin among my friends and relatives. I tell what the bitcoin is and its benefit to us.
      eternalgloom
      Legendary

Activity: 1792
      Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
      May 30, 2016, 08:35:39 AM

have you shown them how you had stuff from g2a for nearly half price because you bought btc a while ago ?
      Good example, but I just say I've been eating pizza and takeout basically for free because I bought Bitcoin cheap.
      Through pizza.be I can order anything with Bitcoin.

To answer the poll:
      I think that merchant adoption of Bitcoin is the key to Bitcoin growth. And if there was a way to buy btc without having to pay any fees, people would use it even more.
      It's good that Btc transaction cost very little, but exchanging fiat to Bitcoin still costs quite a bit, especially the instant methods.

Wendigo
      Legendary

Activity: 2604
      Merit: 1036

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 08:37:13 AM

I chose these 3 options: give people some Bitcoin, show business owners how to accept Bitcoin and take people somewhere I can pay the bill in Bitcoin. I think the best way to teach someone about something new is to give them a prime example like a Bitcoin paper wallet so the learners can get their hands on it and learn from experience. Also to promote Bitcoin adoption we have to get the merchants on board to accept Bitcoin so we need to explain to them why they should be interested in Bitcoin. And for the doubters and unbelievers out there we can just invite them to dinner at a nice restaurant and pay the tab with Bitcoin much to their surprise  Cheesy
      jossiel

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 12:18:49 PM

I promote the bitcoin among my friends and relatives. I tell what the bitcoin is and its benefit to us.

Well that's a good thing that you help to promote bitcoin by sharing it to your friends, that's good to help them also for the mass adoption.
      Since it is on the trend, and going to be more popular. And the price of it, in on its way to increase higher.

Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 12:22:06 PM

The way which is pretty good, but it is possible that your friend is still less trusted or less interested in bitcoin, can you provide some way to get the bitcoin with ease. Maybe it could make your friends liked the bitcoin
      lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 12:32:40 PM

and does it have any positive results? do they actually buy some bitcoins or start using it? i have never had any good impact on them because they just dont listen to me and they think im dumb

im not helping the adoption a lot to be honest, though if i had a chance to do that i would definitely try it because in my opinion it would possibly help us to make some money
      dezoel
      Legendary

Activity: 2016
      Merit: 1072

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 12:35:27 PM

and does it have any positive results? do they actually buy some bitcoins or start using it? i have never had any good impact on them because they just dont listen to me and they think im dumb

im not helping the adoption a lot to be honest, though if i had a chance to do that i would definitely try it because in my opinion it would possibly help us to make some money

We all are trying our best to promote bitcoins in the best possible ways, but we are not getting enough positive response from the people around us and that is a fact.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
         ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
      ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
      █  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
      █  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
      █       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
      █     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
      █   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
      █    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
      █     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
      █                  █▐ █
      █                  █▐▐▌
      █                  █▐█
      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
      ▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
      ██         ▐█▌         ██
      ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
      ██       ███████████       ██
      ▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
      ▀███████         ███████▀
      ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
      ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
      ..PLAY NOW..
      jossiel

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 12:57:19 PM

We all are trying our best to promote bitcoins in the best possible ways, but we are not getting enough positive response from the people around us and that is a fact.

Do all what you can in promoting bitcoins for those people who don't know it and yet for sure they will realize it step by step if you will
      not give up on telling them that it is really convenient to use.

btccashacc
      Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 01:12:24 PM

I chose these 3 options: give people some Bitcoin, show business owners how to accept Bitcoin and take people somewhere I can pay the bill in Bitcoin. I think the best way to teach someone about something new is to give them a prime example like a Bitcoin paper wallet so the learners can get their hands on it and learn from experience. Also to promote Bitcoin adoption we have to get the merchants on board to accept Bitcoin so we need to explain to them why they should be interested in Bitcoin. And for the doubters and unbelievers out there we can just invite them to dinner at a nice restaurant and pay the tab with Bitcoin much to their surprise  Cheesy
      a good thing in my opinion is show business owners how to accept Bitcoin as indirectly invite people to recognize bitcoin ,
      and helping bitcoiner to spend their bitcoin, give people some bitcoin is also good choice, people will be interested in something new, just tell them what bitcoin is? and how bitcoin works
      Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 01:14:30 PM

Do all what you can in promoting bitcoins for those people who don't know it and yet for sure they will realize it step by step if you will
      not give up on telling them that it is really convenient to use.

If they don't understand then you need to give up after certain period of time, as you cannot afford to waste your precious time for foolish people.
      Ardenyham
      Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 01:26:05 PM

I chose these three Options:
      • Give them some bitcoin (and then what?)
      • Take them somewhere you can pay the bill in BTC
      • Explain the history of BTC and what halving is

But I will change the order of all these actions.

First I'll explain the history of BTC and halving. and explain them how do these works,
      Second, I'll take them somewhere I can pay the bill in BTC and show them how easy is using BTC.
      Third: I'll Give them some bitcoin and then suggest them to start a profitable work, like investing or trading,
      Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 01:37:41 PM

Talking about it is a way to spread the adoption of bitcoin. I understand that sometimes it can be tough but you gotta try if you believe in bitcoin.
      I know some people who are aware of bitcoin but don't do anything with what they know. Because they don't believe in it or find it hard to understand how a digital currency works.
      Denker
      Legendary

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 02:22:09 PM

Everybody here should help to spread the world of Bitcoin and crypto currencies.
      I do it whenever I can. I help to set up a wallet for people who interested and let them experience Bitcoin by sending a few transactions back and forth.
      Furthermore I speak about Bitcoin's past in a nutshell and give an overview about the actual status quo and in what direction this could lead us in the future. Especially now in times where Bitcoin rises in value people are way more interested. Smiley
      naidray
      Legendary

Activity: 1232
      Merit: 1029

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 08:11:57 PM

Everybody here should help to spread the world of Bitcoin and crypto currencies.
      I do it whenever I can. I help to set up a wallet for people who interested and let them experience Bitcoin by sending a few transactions back and forth.
      Furthermore I speak about Bitcoin's past in a nutshell and give an overview about the actual status quo and in what direction this could lead us in the future. Especially now in times where Bitcoin rises in value people are way more interested. Smiley
      I belive I am also helping in the world adoption of bitcoins. By simply helping those who are in need of information about bitcoins, I believe I am helping.
      I play games on Steam and apparently, many gamers don't know about what bitcoin is, and knowing what it is, I thought I was a little obliged to explain it to them and maybe help them set up a wallet too.
      peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
      May 30, 2016, 08:15:12 PM

I tried to help in the past but now I am not making any efforts in mass adoption, as I really feel that I am wasting my time behind foolish people.
      Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
      Merit: 24

View Profile
      November 27, 2020, 07:58:58 AM

In my opinion, the best way to get acquainted with bitcoin is of course its use in everyday life. However, here we are faced with the fact that only some countries have reached the level that a person could, for example, pay for everyday purchases with bitcoin. I think it should take at least a few more years for bitcoin to take its rightful place in the world of physical things

Hasmizara

Activity: 227
      Merit: 3

View Profile
      November 27, 2020, 03:37:12 PM

Bitcoin is not used in everyday life but it is acceptable to the public for investment but it is not acceptable for all countries. Many countries in the world do not support it and not everyone knows anything about the use of Bitcoin. Bitcoin will take a lot of time to help the public in daily life.
      Subbir

Activity: 812
      Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
      November 27, 2020, 03:57:38 PM

The whole world needs to support helping and if the demand for investment increases, all the institutional activities will benefit the people including the government to use helping mass adoption to improve their country. helping mass adoption is very convenient to invest but it will take time to buy something.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
        Print  

Jump to: