Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:04:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest. For GPU Sales (Edited)  (Read 1228 times)
Joebrann (OP)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:17:39 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 06:54:32 AM by Joebrann

I have a computer store near me some know it but this will be included world wide shipping is included in the US. I can grab cards and get overclocking coverage just walk in and get an exchange for it.

Right now I have the R9 390 8gb Gigabyte card with a 3 year overclock protection warranty they offer 2 years as well let me know if your interested if you are obviously you would have to send it to me to take back in to get the exchange.

Let me know what model ect and I'd give you the price again just gauging interest escrow as always but buyer pays shipping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:46:43 AM

I'm sorry. What are you offering? Those come with 3 years warranty.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:53:21 AM

Correct they come with the 3 year manufacturing warranty the computer store I go to offers a in house 3 year warranty that covers overclocking so you can run them max and if anything happens to it you walk into the store with the receipt and get a replacement.

Manufacturers warranty does not cover this.

I hope this clarified.

Also some people in the US will know the store that I am talking about as they will have one near them.
So please don't post the store as most places don't have then and I am offering this as so called distributor.

Just do the same and be competitive. Also receipt will also be available as proof of it was paid for the only thing is the name will be hidden for the store as like I said not everyone has one and I don't want people musceling in.. Smiley
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:06:30 AM

Correct they come with the 3 year manufacturing warranty the computer store I go to offers a in house 3 year warranty that covers overclocking so you can run them max and if anything happens to it you walk into the store with the receipt and get a replacement.

I hope this clarified.

I now understand what you mean. Uhh. I don't know what company you've dealt with but i have had 0 problem in RMA'ing dead gpus that were pushed past the limit OC'ing. I dont think there is a way to tell anyways, its not like there is a seal on the bios with hard locked settings. They even have OC profiles on the different bioses and OC software.

Anyways, this is my opinion, i don't think you will hit here with this.

Regardless of what I think. If you want to offer this as a service, you'll have to post in the service section.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:12:20 AM

What would be your shipping estimate for international shoppers?

Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:00:57 AM

What would be your shipping estimate for international shoppers?
Depends on location there is a small premium for me having to do the leg work if I have to return it then re-ship it (This is included in the Full Price) except the re-shipment fees.

Let me know what your looking for where your at then I can throw you a cost most places should be fine to ship from the US.

If it saves money can add on packaging that it's broken or some sort like that so your duties would be less I know some places are like that.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:03:56 AM

I hope this clarified.

I now understand what you mean. Uhh. I don't know what company you've dealt with but i have had 0 problem in RMA'ing dead gpus that were pushed past the limit OC'ing. I dont think there is a way to tell anyways, its not like there is a seal on the bios with hard locked settings. They even have OC profiles on the different bioses and OC software.

Regardless of what I think. If you want to offer this as a service, you'll have to post in the service section.
This is wrong most places don't always give you a hard time but if you keep sending multiple back you can see it due to the settings of what you have done with it is in the memory just like a hard drive.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 05:20:19 PM

I hope this clarified.

This is wrong most places don't always give you a hard time but if you keep sending multiple back you can see it due to the settings of what you have done with it is in the memory just like a hard drive.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of computer storage mediums if you think that's true. DRAM is volatile (hence the "dynamic" in the name). Hard drives use spinning magnetic disks to semi-permanently hold data. Additionally, the medium typically used for device BIOS is typically of a Read-only type, or an EEProm variant which still has a relatively complicated write process and a maximum number of writes. So suffice to say there is practically no way for a device manufacturer to track your usage.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:09:30 PM

The store is going to let you get away with this?  Huh

After a bunch of returns they will start to give you the stink eye..

Go Big or Go Home.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 01:16:26 PM

I hope this clarified.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of computer storage mediums if you think that's true. DRAM is volatile (hence the "dynamic" in the name). Hard drives use spinning magnetic disks to semi-permanently hold data. Additionally, the medium typically used for device BIOS is typically of a Read-only type, or an EEProm variant which still has a relatively complicated write process and a maximum number of writes. So suffice to say there is practically no way for a device manufacturer to track your usage.

You misunderstood me as it seems I did not say that they will know what you did everyday but if the last couple of changes on the card where from you overvolting/ overclocking then yes they can refuse it.

Also dreamer yea they do there own in house you pay a decent price for it but they have the much better return to the original manufacturer since they are bulk buying from them.

I buy a new card when they come out and return it in 30 days if I don't like it and I get a full refund. It's a great store and the only large computer store that I've ever seen. (Computer Store) just if anyone try's to say best buy lol..
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 01:25:14 PM

Also just to let you know this does not just go for one or 2 this could be for 100 if you wanted and all can just be walked in and swapped receipts and escrow as always..
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 02:22:56 PM

What would your price be roughly for say shipping a GPU to Asia Pacific?

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:20:02 PM

I hope this clarified.

You misunderstood me as it seems I did not say that they will know what you did everyday but if the last couple of changes on the card where from you overvolting/ overclocking then yes they can refuse it.

Also dreamer yea they do there own in house you pay a decent price for it but they have the much better return to the original manufacturer since they are bulk buying from them.

I buy a new card when they come out and return it in 30 days if I don't like it and I get a full refund. It's a great store and the only large computer store that I've ever seen. (Computer Store) just if anyone try's to say best buy lol..

Maybe one of the companies has an issue with flashing the bios, but nope. Considering the GPU itself changes its clock a lot...

I *think* you are getting ripped off by gimmicks by that shop, OP.

I did not check the ToU of Gigabyte but i have not had a problem with them and i have lots of Gigabyte GPU. Meanwhile MSI and EVGA has no problem with it.

Here is EVGA FAQ;
"http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=55"

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:40:35 PM

**snip**

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but unless you flash the BIOS to do your overclocking (which is a pretty obtuse way of doing it considering how many free overclocking/overvolting software tools are available), then they have no way to see what you've been doing. There are very few non-volatile memory chips on a graphics card, and they are all used for boot-up and initialization processes.

This is even more true when you consider what it is we're talking about happening. You're trying to say that in the micro-seconds prior to your card dying (in some way, be it gpu-die, memory-die, or power-supplying hardware related), the device just saves the previous settings and then kicks the bucket? I'm sorry, but paying for an "overclocking" warranty sounds to me like being taken for a ride. It might be quicker for you to walk in and swap the card out, but the speed of hardware replacement is all you're paying for.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:47:02 PM

**snip**

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but unless you flash the BIOS to do your overclocking (which is a pretty obtuse way of doing it considering how many free overclocking/overvolting software tools are available), then they have no way to see what you've been doing. There are very few non-volatile memory chips on a graphics card, and they are all used for boot-up and initialization processes.

This is even more true when you consider what it is we're talking about happening. You're trying to say that in the micro-seconds prior to your card dying (in some way, be it gpu-die, memory-die, or power-supplying hardware related), the device just saves the previous settings and then kicks the bucket? I'm sorry, but paying for an "overclocking" warranty sounds to me like being taken for a ride. It might be quicker for you to walk in and swap the card out, but the speed of hardware replacement is all you're paying for.
Wow ok so when you let's say Radeon settings and you overclock it to whatever let's say 1200/1600.

You have it set right so when you turn it off and turn it back on the settings are still the same correct it does not reset it on you so sorry to burst your bubble it is setup to save your previous settings.

I hate when people write things and yet do not know what they are talking about.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:52:23 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 09:22:42 PM by Joebrann

I hope this clarified.

Maybe one of the companies has an issue with flashing the bios, but nope. Considering the GPU itself changes its clock a lot...

I did not check the ToU of Gigabyte but i have not had a problem with them and i have lots of Gigabyte GPU. Meanwhile MSI and EVGA has no problem with it.

Here is EVGA FAQ;
This says no physical damage as if you overclock certain thinks can melt witch my warranty covers all of that there is no limitations you can flash a new bios and try maxing it completely out and it can be replaced. They take them and they plug it in reading previous settings then look for and melted obvious parts that are destroyed.

Why not ask evga if you flash a new bios and you can't flash it back if it's covered. Also ask them if there are any melted parts if that's covered. Evga is a really good company and usually fixes most things but send 20 of them back at once see what happens.

I'm just speaking on past experiences.

Also hrs evgas link and read down bottom for what they will not cover just like I stated.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:04:10 PM

What would your price be roughly for say shipping a GPU to Asia Pacific?
I would need a better Idea of country and such but looks like around 50$ could be less just the average I punched in.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:32:28 PM

I hope this clarified.

Here is EVGA FAQ;
This says no physical damage as if you overclock certain thinks can melt witch my warranty covers all of that there is no limitations you can flash a new bios and try maxing it completely out and it can be replaced. They take them and they plug it in reading previous settings then look for and melted obvious parts that are destroyed.

Why not ask evga if you flash a new bios and you can't flash it back if it's covered. Also ask them if there are any melted parts if that's covered. Evga is a really good company and usually fixes most things but send 20 of them back at once see what happens.

I'm just speaking on past experiences.

Also hrs evgas link and read down bottom for what they will not cover just like I stated.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

VRM burning out is covered. Sometimes components fails while not overclocked you know? You seem to be pretty stubborn, did you miss the official EVGA stance about overclock that i linked you?

We're not talking about running the GPU at 1.75V and overclocking mem to 2250hz here. Overclock at stock voltage is A-OK. You would not be able to tell anyways.

I doubt they would check anyways but the only thing i could see is if they checked the modded bios and saw a crazy overvoltage or something.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:47:02 AM

**snip**

Wow ok so when you let's say Radeon settings and you overclock it to whatever let's say 1200/1600.

You have it set right so when you turn it off and turn it back on the settings are still the same correct it does not reset it on you so sorry to burst your bubble it is setup to save your previous settings.

I hate when people write things and yet do not know what they are talking about.

The clocks are the same when you boot back up because the overclocking tool sets them to your defined setting after you log in. If you set clocks using software and then pull the card out and put it in a different computer, the clocks are back to the stock clocks described in the card's BIOS. I'm getting my masters in computer engineering, so I actually do know what I'm talking about. Spend more than 3 minutes researching this topic and maybe, just maybe, you'll have the "Aha!" moment and realize you have no clue what you're talking about.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:44:36 AM

The clocks are the same when you boot back up because the overclocking tool sets them to your defined setting after you log in. If you set clocks using software and then pull the card out and put it in a different computer, the clocks are back to the stock clocks described in the card's BIOS. I'm getting my masters in computer engineering, so I actually do know what I'm talking about. Spend more than 3 minutes researching this topic and maybe, just maybe, you'll have the "Aha!" moment and realize you have no clue what you're talking about.

Yeah this guy is right. Unless you modify the GPU settings in BIOS, after you overclock or whatever you do to the card, remove it and put it in a different PC, the cards uses the factory settings as the overclocks are set in the software on the previous PC and not saved into the GPU.

All my cards I'ever worked with or used are / were like this.

Cool about your store letting you swap with no questions asked. I know the store you're talking about (I think) .
Good luck with your endevour.

Go Big or Go Home.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: