Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:57:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents are murderers of their biological children.  (Read 1248 times)
dimaniac (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 03:54:46 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2013, 06:29:29 PM by dimaniac

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Conception leads to birth. Parents are responsible for conception. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong
Moshi

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:12:45 PM

If this is morally wrong, the alternative is to not have any offspring.

Let's see what that does to the world; atleast we won't have ~murderers~.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Parents give birth. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

i think you are right. grats you just made the strongest pro murder argument i have ever encountered (unfortunately not the only one).

oh also i dont see any reason to assume "Life always leads to death". For all we know some people who are alive today may be immortals (obviously they wouldnt know this yet). Hell you and i may both actually be immortals, who knows what sorts of technology will be invented in the future.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anormalname

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:18:55 PM

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Parents give birth. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

You're right lets just stop having babies. Thats better right? Letting the human species go extinct? Right? Thats a better option. Right?... Guys? Right?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

You're right lets just stop having babies. Thats better right? Letting the human species go extinct? Right? Thats a better option. Right?... Guys? Right?
Explain me how does making the human specie continue matter for you.

21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:16:32 PM

Parents don't give birth, women do. Therefor.... women lead to death? Am I doing this right? I don't normally do "crazy."
battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:22:09 PM

Parents don't give birth, women do. Therefor.... women lead to death? Am I doing this right? I don't normally do "crazy."
Both father and mother are responsible for conception

I'm about to have a conniption this is so awful
21after2

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:25:49 PM

Both father and mother are responsible for conception

You said specifically that birth leads to death, not conception. Males cannot give birth. Check AND mate!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:34:02 PM

Ha!  Good point Grin  Most fluid argument against pro-life I've ever heard.

I got an idea you guys.  Lets take all the pro-lifers and make them pay the tab for orphanages.  Tongue

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 06:44:51 PM

Life always leads to death. Birth leads to life. Conception leads to birth. Parents are responsible for conception. Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Pure logic.
Prove me wrong
The sperm and egg cells are alive and will die if fertilization is not accomplished. So is a woman who refuses to have sex with me a murderer?

I chose not to be a doctor. Maybe if I had been a doctor I would have saved hundreds of lives. Does that make me a murderer?

What you're missing is that the term "murder" doesn't mean someone who took any action that results in someone's death. It means *wrongful* killing -- it doesn't include decisions within a person's legitimate scope of moral authority, such as my choice to be a doctor, because they are not wrongful.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 06:54:28 PM

Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

Nature gives humans the urge to copulate. Nature sows as it reaps. Life lives on life. Murder is something else.

"Murder" is a human concept, a moral judgement, to describe when humans kill each other...
( i.e. when humans go against their nature to preserve and protect members of their own species, or at least
members of their own tribe or family ) not when they allow life to arise from their natural attractions and matings.  
You've got the definition of "murder" wrong, it seems to me.  

But you are perhaps trying to make some point about the inadequacy of language and logic to describe reality.
i.e. life is what happens outside of the prison of your own thoughts. Life is often irrational... which says more
about the limits of human intellectualization than it does life and nature.  

Why don't you now tell us what point you are trying to make?  
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:01:04 PM

Nature gives humans the urge to copulate.
Humans are not just animals. They can understand consequences of their actions. And they have choice not to procreate.

Stop killing people by procreating

And how is this relevant to Bitcoin? 
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:02:51 PM

Humans are not just animals. They can understand consequences of their actions. And they have choice not to procreate.

And how is this relevant to Bitcoin? 

Curse of the newbie board Grin

21after2

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:07:52 PM

But if no one procreates there will be no one left to kill. What would the government do with all its time?
21after2

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:14:48 PM

I don't accept your premise that "life leads to death". Life ends in death, but it doesn't "lead" to death.
To me there is no difference. I don't want to die. My parents are responsible for my death.

So the only two options are either "death" or "not living."
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 07:16:16 PM

I see why there will always be an argument between pro-life and pro-choice Tongue

Why not let people figure it out on their own terms?  What's this fetish with telling everyone how to live and act?  Pro-lifers can vow to always have their children, pro-choicers can vow to decide whether or not they want abortions based on whether or not it's an optimal point of time in their life to have children.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 09:07:55 PM

It's called "original sin".

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 08:59:25 PM

It means *wrongful* killing
But people don't want to die. It's wrong to die for vast majority of people
And now you've switched from "pure logic" to your opinion. My opinion is that no living thing has the right to live at the expense of the bodily integrity of a conscious being.

Say a stranger needs your kidney and your house (to sell to pay for the kidney transplant) to live. They will die without them, and you can live with one kidney and no house. If you don't give them your kidney and your house, have you wrongfully killed them?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 09:36:32 PM

. . . Maybe if I had been a doctor I would have saved hundreds of lives . . .

No doctor has ever saved anybody's life.  The best any doctor has every done is delay a patient's death.  Occasionally this includes altering the cause of death.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 09:54:05 PM

I noticed you used lots of loaded words like "life" meaning both daily life and living in itself, as well as "leads to" when you really meant "happens alongside but has no direct association whatsoever with". Still, I'll bite but only if you fix your sloppy English:

Life always leads toends in death.
True, and it is always taken by force of some kind (although it's a stretch in English to call a microbe, germ, deterioration or even a disease a "murderer" anymore than you can call gravity and a rock "murderers" when in combination they happen to kill someone. Guns don't murder people...).

Birth leads to life.
This is fundamentally backwards. Life leads to birth. In no point in history has birth ever not been preceded by life.

Conception leads to birth.
Life existed before conception in different forms. You'll really need to define this "life" thing further.

Parents are responsible for conception.
This is simply not true. Test-tube babies, fabricated DNA, rape anyone? You'll need to define "parents" a bit better too.

Ergo parents are murderers of their biological children.
Parents are responsible for their children, it is true to a logical extent, but only in the event that they are aware of said responsibilities. If your parents birthed you on Mars, knowing you would not survive, that's pretty screwed up of them I'd say and that's basically the same thing as murdering you purposely. If they birthed you in the Garden of Eden and you happen to trip on a rock and break your neck, well that's the rock that murdered you then, ain't it?  Wink

Pure logic.
Prove me wrong

It's hard to prove something wrong that can also not be proven right in the language it was written in, ergo please keep your acid trips to non-internet connected rooms in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: