Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How The Government & Media Cheated Ron Paul  (Read 2084 times)
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:33:52 AM

I just leave that here.

http://youtu.be/7OtSVPo9f6Y

If you want, I can take a crack at that.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:43:35 AM

just as an example.. from the above vid:

"libertarians think the contract is unjust because  because different people and businesses  are required to pay different amounts in taxes. But this is no different than insurance rates which vary from individual to individual"

Eh?  Insurance rewards those with good behavior(with lower rates). Unequal taxes punish those with good behavior.

Not the same.

Secondly you can opt out of insurance. Can you opt out of taxes? 
dotcom (OP)

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:02:22 AM

As for the allegation of voter fraud, the video in OP simply doesn't tell the whole story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012
According to this Romney won by a wide margin, period.

Of course Romney won by a wide margin in the end.

The point of this video is to show how the powers that be (however you define them) can utilize both media corruption and voter fraud to suppress candidates they don't like.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 03:06:26 AM

just as an example.. from the above vid:

"libertarians think the contract is unjust because  because different people and businesses  are required to pay different amounts in taxes. But this is no different than insurance rates which vary from individual to individual"

Eh?  Insurance rewards those with good behavior(with lower rates). Unequal taxes punish those with good behavior.

Not the same.

Secondly you can opt out of insurance. Can you opt out of taxes?  

ahh I see you took the bait.

I'd answer it with an infamous piece of Marxist propaganda:  (To which I happen to agree on. I know that makes you libertarians very mad. Grin)
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 03:11:03 AM

As for the allegation of voter fraud, the video in OP simply doesn't tell the whole story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012
According to this Romney won by a wide margin, period.

Of course Romney won by a wide margin in the end.

The point of this video is to show how the powers that be (however you define them) can utilize both media corruption and voter fraud to suppress candidates they don't like.

Again I'd say yes they utilize media corruption. It's just how the mass media works, deal with it.
Ron Paul utilized an army of Internet zealots something which the other candidates didn't have the means. The way to win is to chose the battlefield... Paul made a good choice with that one. It just wasn't enough.

But the allegations of voter fraud are just not justified.
Tell me how much voter fraud would have been necessary to facilitate this outcome had Ron Paul been ahead in the polls?
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 11:57:27 AM

I'd answer it with an infamous piece of Marxist propaganda:  (To which I happen to agree on. I know that makes you libertarians very mad. Grin)

I'm also critical towards any -isms, both libertarianism and Marxism.

Marx's quote never made sense to me either. Who's "each"? Out of which set? A commune? A company? A co-operative? A nation? The world? The galaxy? The universe?

Are the technologically advanced inhabitants of the Zeta Reticuli system obliged to give each inhabitant of the more backward planets like Earth a space glider? That's basically what Marx would tell them.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 10:58:10 PM

From each

My main problem from your quote is how this part is done.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dotcom (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:15:40 PM

From each

That's the trick ain't it?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 01:38:46 AM

I'm also critical towards any -isms, both libertarianism and Marxism.

Marx's quote never made sense to me either. Who's "each"? Out of which set? A commune? A company? A co-operative? A nation? The world? The galaxy? The universe?

Are the technologically advanced inhabitants of the Zeta Reticuli system obliged to give each inhabitant of the more backward planets like Earth a space glider? That's basically what Marx would tell them.

I'd response to that argument if it didn't involve extraterrestrials.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 01:39:46 AM

From each

What makes you think you own anything?
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:40:50 AM

I think what's cool about cryptocurrencies with regard to Ron Paul, is that he got his wish for Americans to have the access to "competing currencies" without  the US federal government taking any major action to make that come true.  Cool

Hopefully, he will thank Satoshi, the Ripplers, and the worldwide Bitcoin community for that some day.

dotcom (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:42:05 PM

I think what's cool about cryptocurrencies with regard to Ron Paul, is that he got his wish for Americans to have the access to "competing currencies" without  the US federal government taking any major action to make that come true.  Cool

Hopefully, he will thank Satoshi, the Ripplers, and the worldwide Bitcoin community for that some day.

I've always wondered why he doesn't speak more about cryptocurrencies.

Despite what most of the U.S. thinks, it is entirely possible to get things done without the governments help. But I would also note, that the government has been brutal to people printing alternative currencies in the past. So I should think as bitcoin gets more and more popular, the government will likely take large-scale action against it eventually.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:37:31 PM

Despite what most of the U.S. thinks, it is entirely possible to get things done without the governments help. But I would also note, that the government has been brutal to people printing alternative currencies in the past. So I should think as bitcoin gets more and more popular, the government will likely take large-scale action against it eventually.
That's why we should help Ripple get up to speed and distributed worldwide as soon as possible, and not write-off some of the altcoins, such as LTC. That way the exchange (Ripple) will be as distributed as the cryptocoins, and could both move to I2P and Tor, if necessary.

I think i understand Ron Paul's position on crypto-currencies, and even Digital Gold Currencies; as most gold/silver money people, his conviction is that metal "is only real if one can hold it in one's hand..."

It's a pain to shop online with that kind of gold though. So, with that in mind, what perplexes me is why the gold/silver community including Dr. Paul has not widely supported DGC's (Pecunix/Vouchersafe, eDinar) for online shopping with metal.  Huh

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

From each

Then why does it need to come "From" anyone? And how can you give anything "to" anyone?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 09:25:32 PM

From each

Then why does it need to come "From" anyone? And how can you give anything "to" anyone?

That does not answer the question.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 05:43:42 AM

Thanks OP Smiley

RP was the most popular politician of the last 40 years, and gave uncountable respect and credibility to the Washington DC government through his speaking the truth, and respecting all citizens past and present.  That video only begins to do him justice.  The huge support from all demographics for his rational thinking is a great sign of the health of the USA intellect.           

For many, the fact that there is never any accountability in the voting system, exit polls are forbidden or adjusted, and no proof of your vote being counted is ever offered, is enough to show what's going on.  For others, you need a Ron Paul Moment to make things clear.  Last year we had not only the Republican primary fiasco but also the published footage at both Democratic and Republican conventions of reading from the teleprompter when supposedly a vote was going on, and then the payout of presidential election bets by "in the know" parties many days before the official result.  In 2016 get ready for Vince McMahon moderating the debates.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 08:27:03 PM

From each

That does not answer the question.

I own things because I have them in my possession. I possess things, which is to own them.

If I possess(own) an apple in my pocket. Then your "From" would require that it is taken from me. If I did not possess such a thing, then there would be no reason to take it and there would be no reason for the "From", it would just simply be possessed by the person who needs it and require neither "From" nor "to". The person who needs it would magically be nourished by the apple in my pocket.

Taking "From" and giving "to" requires ownership so obviously Marx believed things are owned. Otherwise the statement would be "Created by each according to his ability. Consumed by each according to his needs."

Timep34

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:31:06 PM

The media destroyed Ron Paul, whoever controls the media controls the country. I don't believe Obama is the most powerful person in the world, there are people behind the scenes with much more power than him. The international banks and their owners certainly are good candidates.

Just look at anytime the dollar gets attacked they go into overdrive, Saddam was talking about starting to exchange his oil for Euro's, he didn't last long after he mentioned that. Gaddafi started talking about an African currency backed by gold, he didn't last long after that.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 04:54:51 PM

That's why we should help Ripple get up to speed and distributed worldwide as soon as possible, and not write-off some of the altcoins, such as LTC. That way the exchange (Ripple) will be as distributed as the cryptocoins, and could both move to I2P and Tor, if necessary.

I think i understand Ron Paul's position on crypto-currencies, and even Digital Gold Currencies; as most gold/silver money people, his conviction is that metal "is only real if one can hold it in one's hand..."

It's a pain to shop online with that kind of gold though. So, with that in mind, what perplexes me is why the gold/silver community including Dr. Paul has not widely supported DGC's (Pecunix/Vouchersafe, eDinar) for online shopping with metal.  Huh

We can't speak for other people but one thing I saw was that Ron Paul definitely wanted to encourage was the idea of competing companies, I don't think he or any other person who supports gold/silver is necessarily completely against the idea of non-gold/silver backed currencies it's just that historically gold and silver have proven to be the most reliable for tons of reasons that have been argued about to death by anyone who knows about this sort of thing. My own view is I'd say as long as Bitcoin remains open source and it follows mathematics instead of the will of a particular party it may well prove to be a better alternative to gold/silver but we're going to have to see it in action before any conclusion can be made.

One thing I will say though, this is definitely the end for paper currency, I'm sure there are people who will stay in denial to the end, just like with all other empires that decided to collapse eventually.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: