Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:05:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVALON] - I got my ASIC Thread (Batch #2)  (Read 53519 times)
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:02:47 AM

Arrived.  Powered up.  Connected to network.  Hashed away merrily.
Happy!

Updated mining account info.  Previous mining tip to Avalon.
Still Happy!

Off to buy M4 hex wrench.  Just because I want to look inside.

Success!! Congrats ProfMac, it was a long wait.
What's the hashrate? are you going to overclock it?

Everything at the moment is in the rush of unplanned first day exploration.  Woo Hoo!!

I started it with no changes whatsoever.  Then:
0.  I connected my laptop to the wired interface, no router present in the local link.
1.  I added the WiFi network as a client to my CISCO router.
2.  I noticed the Avalon was configured for ozco and eligius.
3.  The eligius worker was the 3rd worker, it was in failover mode.  Both the ozco workers said they were dead, eligius said alive.
4.  I pulled up the Eligius web page and read a little too fast to comprehend enough the first reading.  Decaf.  Breath slowly.  
5.  I have a complicated deal with others that I am going to give payouts to, and an address I am going to pay out from.  I needed to decide whether I will use the payout address from Eligius, or a dedicated address and then make an additional transaction.  Dogie thinks I make everything over-complicated.  This is unfounded.
6.  Both sides of the WiFi are on the 192.168.0.x 255.255.255.0 subnet, so the laptop doesn't see the outside world, and the workstation doesn't see the Avalon.  So I wrote down and typed the account number.  I think I typed the account number wrong.  So by now I've given a nice tip to both Avalon and to Juke-Jr.
7.  I then put it on BTC Guild, because I had an account there.  I had mined the month of February with an NVIDIA card and had 0.008 BTC I couldn't withdraw :-)
8.  The BTC Guild web interface says it is 71,037 MH/s.
9.  BTC Guild says the Avalon's speed is about 69,215 MH/s after 245,404 shares accepted today, and my balance is now 0.2854 BTC.
10.  Each configuration change restarts the uptime clock.  It has been running about 7 hours and probably would have mined productively the whole time if I had been a little more steady at the helm.
11.  Right now, it's in the kitchen with cables running across the floor to the table.
12.  I went to the hardware store and got an M4 wrench and an air conditioner filter to put in front of the air intakes.  The drag on that makes a noticeable difference in the amount of air that exits the case.  
13.  I have not opened the case yet.  I want to do each of several things next:  fix the routing, move it to a permanent location with good ventilation, shut it down and open it up.
14.  Oh, it is running the 20130607 firmware.

15.  I'm sure I'll put the most recent firmware on it.  I may put it in the basement, where it can take advantage of the cool nights, or put it in a top floor bedroom with the exhaust pointed out a window, where it helps to ventilate the whole house.  
16.  I may be a little conservative about overclocking it.  I don't know how conservative.  Perhaps wait until replacement modules are available, or until there are a couple of device-years of operation overclocked without a failure.

For the record, I have had several Chinese students in my classes, and I recognize their communication style.  Based on that experience, I always trusted Yifu, and he has pulled of a major undertaking that is beyond my own ability.  With plenty of time to develop buyer's remorse since February 18, I haven't.

I try to be respectful and informed.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:13:01 AM

Arrived.  Powered up.  Connected to network.  Hashed away merrily.
Happy!

Updated mining account info.  Previous mining tip to Avalon.
Still Happy!

Off to buy M4 hex wrench.  Just because I want to look inside.

Success!! Congrats ProfMac, it was a long wait.
What's the hashrate? are you going to overclock it?

Everything at the moment is in the rush of unplanned first day exploration.  Woo Hoo!!

I started it with no changes whatsoever.  Then:
0.  I connected my laptop to the wired interface, no router present in the local link.
1.  I added the WiFi network as a client to my CISCO router.
2.  I noticed the Avalon was configured for ozco and eligius.
3.  The eligius worker was the 3rd worker, it was in failover mode.  Both the ozco workers said they were dead, eligius said alive.
4.  I pulled up the Eligius web page and read a little too fast to comprehend enough the first reading.  Decaf.  Breath slowly.  
5.  I have a complicated deal with others that I am going to give payouts to, and an address I am going to pay out from.  I needed to decide whether I will use the payout address from Eligius, or a dedicated address and then make an additional transaction.  Dogie thinks I make everything over-complicated.  This is unfounded.
6.  Both sides of the WiFi are on the 192.168.0.x 255.255.255.0 subnet, so the laptop doesn't see the outside world, and the workstation doesn't see the Avalon.  So I wrote down and typed the account number.  I think I typed the account number wrong.  So by now I've given a nice tip to both Avalon and to Juke-Jr.
7.  I then put it on BTC Guild, because I had an account there.  I had mined the month of February with an NVIDIA card and had 0.008 BTC I couldn't withdraw :-)
8.  The BTC Guild web interface says it is 71,037 MH/s.
9.  BTC Guild says the Avalon's speed is about 69,215 MH/s after 245,404 shares accepted today, and my balance is now 0.2854 BTC.
10.  Each configuration change restarts the uptime clock.  It has been running about 7 hours and probably would have mined productively the whole time if I had been a little more steady at the helm.
11.  Right now, it's in the kitchen with cables running across the floor to the table.
12.  I went to the hardware store and got an M4 wrench and an air conditioner filter to put in front of the air intakes.  The drag on that makes a noticeable difference in the amount of air that exits the case.  
13.  I have not opened the case yet.  I want to do each of several things next:  fix the routing, move it to a permanent location with good ventilation, shut it down and open it up.
14.  Oh, it is running the 20130607 firmware.

15.  I'm sure I'll put the most recent firmware on it.  I may put it in the basement, where it can take advantage of the cool nights, or put it in a top floor bedroom with the exhaust pointed out a window, where it helps to ventilate the whole house.  
16.  I may be a little conservative about overclocking it.  I don't know how conservative.  Perhaps wait until replacement modules are available, or until there are a couple of device-years of operation overclocked without a failure.

For the record, I have had several Chinese students in my classes, and I recognize their communication style.  Based on that experience, I always trusted Yifu, and he has pulled of a major undertaking that is beyond my own ability.  With plenty of time to develop buyer's remorse since February 18, I haven't.

Nice update.  Make me want to hold out for my batch 3s.  So wifi is stable for you?  Also, having not opened the case, you are not concerned a bit that the fuse may not be removed yet?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:45:37 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 03:08:43 AM by ProfMac

Nice update.  Make me want to hold out for my batch 3s.  So wifi is stable for you?  Also, having not opened the case, you are not concerned a bit that the fuse may not be removed yet?

LOL.  I took the cover off, thought "yep, looks like a custom controller" and shut it back up without looking at the fuse.  I could see the 703n, but the other boards were behind lots of cables.  I'm acting like a kid calling his first date.

10:08 PM CDT
I opened it up.  The board is version 1.52.  No additional action taken.

sealkid

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

Honk, honk!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:21:13 AM

I'm acting like a kid calling his first date.

I'm acting like a kid whose divorced mother just went on a first date with a prospective step father who owns a chain of toy stores.

Come join my triplemining minipool! (http://sealkid.triplemining.com/register)
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:29:32 PM

I got the email with tracking notification this weekend on Saturday 29 June, but I can not see my tracking number in DHL. What shall I do?
got the devices yesterday

Did you ever get a working tracking number?

tarui

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:59:21 AM

is order number 35** part of batch 2?
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:03:00 AM

So... is anyone finding this a bit of any anti-climax? 1.5btc a day.

I know I know......  Roll Eyes
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:54:32 AM

A bit more when overclocked... 85+ giga per unit...

I received my 2 units 4 days ago. Good luck to those who still wait...

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
bennybong

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

Granted, but I can't get a very stable 85, in --avalon-auto mode I probably get about 75-80 on average over 24hrs

Heat is proving a big problem for me (UK heat wave ftw?!). Anyone know what temperatures I should be aiming for?

Really can't wait for a water cooling solution…

Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

< 50C
mog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:41:03 AM

whats the best way to determine if your unit needs the jumper de-soldered ?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:43:47 AM

If you mean the fuse, it is by the shipping date.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:15:52 AM

If you mean the fuse, it is by the shipping date.
Actually there is also a version number on the PCB

If it says v1.5, you have the fuse problem
If it says v1.52 or later, then you should be fine
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 06:21:25 PM

I know I know......  Roll Eyes

Granted, but I can't get a very stable 85, in --avalon-auto mode I probably get about 75-80 on average over 24hrs

Heat is proving a big problem for me (UK heat wave ftw?!). Anyone know what temperatures I should be aiming for?

Temperature play a lot for hashrate.... Now they run in a air con room ( 18 degres celsius) temp1 20 temp2 38 temps 3 39
+85 giga hashrate daily average. If I up the temperature like only few degres, they will run at + 80 giga day...losing 5 giga

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
bennybong

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:16:10 PM

I know I know......  Roll Eyes

Temperature play a lot for hashrate.... Now they run in a air con room ( 18 degres celsius) temp1 20 temp2 38 temps 3 39
+85 giga hashrate daily average. If I up the temperature like only few degres, they will run at + 80 giga day...losing 5 giga

I blame this goddamned heatwave, that, and the lack of aircon in the UK. Thinking about getting a standalone aircon unit, but they use 900w so wouldn't be worth it in the future.  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
  Print  

Jump to: