Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke  (Read 25381 times)
anzel2002

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:22:27 PM

Should i follow suit and dump all my fiat savings into bitcoins?

Maybe half

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:32:40 PM

you should put how much you can afford to lose without affecting your life at all.  Grin

My pocket money perhaps? Different folks have different monthly budgets so losing a couple hundred bucks into Bitcoin may not be such a big problem for some people while for others it could have been a disaster. But anyways spending all my savings on Bitcoin would be madness as my wellbeing will depend on luck and I don't want to end up poor just because I wanted to be rich in the first place  Grin Also I don't even fathom how some people are okay with withdrawing their pension fund to invest into Bitcoin  Huh I have seen these madmen on other websites as well.

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:17:43 PM

you should put how much you can afford to lose without affecting your life at all.  Grin

My pocket money perhaps? Different folks have different monthly budgets so losing a couple hundred bucks into Bitcoin may not be such a big problem for some people while for others it could have been a disaster. But anyways spending all my savings on Bitcoin would be madness as my wellbeing will depend on luck and I don't want to end up poor just because I wanted to be rich in the first place  Grin Also I don't even fathom how some people are okay with withdrawing their pension fund to invest into Bitcoin  Huh I have seen these madmen on other websites as well.

Actually they are not mad at all and for me they have done the right choice in investing in Bitcoin, me too I have 90% of all my savings in Bitcoin and I am very happy by doing so. My money is on my computer (there's no better than this) holding money on your PC. And if you need some when you are low on cash you can borrow from your own bank. How wonderful is that ? Extremely I would say. Beside I think this is the best way to store the money rather than keeping it cash in hand or in some bank where a third party will look after my cash. No thanks, I prefer looking after my money myself more.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:39:37 PM

I spent all of my dollars on gold bars. Now I'm just sitting here with 100 oz of gold bars broke as hell. 

Cry

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:48:23 PM

Bitcoins is just like an investment,  We are not obligue to put all our savings into Bitcoins.
better for us to be wise. Cheesy
yeah bitcoin is an investment. if you want to invest you have to have a plan for the future and plan for your investment, many people say that do not use all your money to invest. yeah that's right
Do not take the risk to use all your money dude
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:10:22 PM

you should put how much you can afford to lose without affecting your life at all.  Grin

My pocket money perhaps? Different folks have different monthly budgets so losing a couple hundred bucks into Bitcoin may not be such a big problem for some people while for others it could have been a disaster. But anyways spending all my savings on Bitcoin would be madness as my wellbeing will depend on luck and I don't want to end up poor just because I wanted to be rich in the first place  Grin Also I don't even fathom how some people are okay with withdrawing their pension fund to invest into Bitcoin  Huh I have seen these madmen on other websites as well.

Perhaps only the mad will be rewarded. The world need more risk takers!

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:18:49 PM

Did OP already withdrew a portion of those bitcoins buried?

If I were him I'd sell a bit for myself now that the price is at a high.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 03:26:02 PM

Why is it that the signature campaigners don't really get Bitcoin? They're just here to make some bitcoin so they can sell it for fiat I guess.

Enjoy your fiat. Worship your government. Go into debt. Buy as big of a house and car as you can afford.

Roll Eyes

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:27:19 PM

Why is it that the signature campaigners don't really get Bitcoin? They're just here to make some bitcoin so they can sell it for fiat I guess.

Enjoy your fiat. Worship your government. Go into debt. Buy as big of a house and car as you can afford.

Roll Eyes

Why sell it for Fiat. When the time comes... You won't have to.

Roll Eyes
langedwig

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:50:51 PM

Bitcoins is just like an investment,  We are not obligue to put all our savings into Bitcoins.
As the price can not be predicted anytime, it is good to try investing a little from the savings. Once the price is stable and much confident on the growth, invest bit more than full. As it fully depends upon the timings, It is good to get profits from little investment than more. Before investing full amount on a business, it is really needed to discuss with the experts in that particular business.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:54:46 PM

Bitcoins is just like an investment,  We are not obligue to put all our savings into Bitcoins.
Yes obviously it is an investment like you do in gold. But of course more profitable then gold Smiley and all you need is patience while holding your coins or it can lead you to regret when price goes very high but you have already sold them all Wink. No problem, just buy back when you get a better price.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:20:39 PM

Pretty much a nice story.  So your putting all your faith in those 5 BTC.  I wish you all luck  and i hope it will multiply 100x in value!.  Anyway, you being broke is just temporary, Payday is near and so your savings will replenish. 
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 05:08:01 AM

No no no no! Using USB sticks is a bad idea!

First off, even if you had them in a waterproof case, it will still rust if you did not put any form of humidity control (desiccant, etc.) You can't really be sure how waterproof that waterproof casing is!
Second, flash memory theoretically degrades after a few years on standby. There's a good chance your flash drives will get corrupted if you store it there for a very long time (about a decade or two).

Go get them!
I would recommend creating a QR code of your private key(s) and having it engraved on a piece of aluminum or something else that doesn't rust (plastic for example). Or simply have the text itself engraved, or both.
You can even get a deterministic wallet and have the seed words engraved.

Paper would have issues with moisture even if it's laminated, so just don't use paper.
sumit513

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:36:55 AM

you should put them somewhere else.
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:17:13 AM

you should put them somewhere else.
That's exactly what I just said.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:35:24 AM

well i have good news or bad news, this week i took out all my saving from my bank 3500 and bought some bitcoin

i now have a total of 6 bitcoins,   

last night i bought 5 usb sticks and 2 waterproof boxes,  i put the box inside of the other box then the 5 usb sticks in the middle of the box,  afterwards i went into my backyard and dug a hole underneath the bird fountain,

i dug the hole almost 3 feet under. Then i buried it back and placed the bird fountain back. 

The bird fountain has been in the same spot for many years so i am not worried about forgetting where i buried it, and grass doesn't grow underneath it.

so there we have it,  I buried a total of 5 bitcoins, i plan to keep it there for 20 years. The 5 bitcoins cost me about 2300USD

The 6th bitcoin i keep it on my cellphone and i plan to spend it online,

Now i only have 100 dollars left in my bank,  i am basically broke,  my whole saving gone!

Was this a bad idea?   after i buried it i was starting to feel like it was a bad idea,   

i also did not put a hard password on it because i thought i would forget

but i wasn't planning on using my saving for anything, and the bank doesn't give me any interest for it,

i've never invested in anything , possibly because i don't have much money

anyways.. it's just money.. i'll save some more

i figure in the future, it might be way too expensive to own even 1 bitcoin,

i am now a proud owner of 5 bitcoins

this is my bitcoin story,

here are some pictures of the box and bird fountain, its not the exact ones that i own but similar

You got guts by spending all of your savings on those Bitcoins, I would have not been able to do that. If that was me I would have only spend halve of my money on Bitcoins.
I do not think that you usb will get destroyed you have protected it well, the only thing I can think of is that your usb might be corrupted after such a long time underground.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:52:41 AM

you should put how much you can afford to lose without affecting your life at all.  Grin
yeah it looks like this system will be very applicable. you should be able to allocate funds according to your budget. Do not use all your money to invest because it would be too risky

Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:59:24 AM

It is bad if you are greedy in Bitcoin because it can be bad if you are making mistakes with Bitcoin so you can lose also a lot of money if you selling it too early.
Wait for the right moment to sell it and you can make huge profit if the price rise for a long time.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:20:20 AM

Yeah agree innvest with amount that corresponds to what you've got dude. do not invest too much if you can not afford to lose. I do not blame you for using all your money to buy bitcoin. but before investing you should have a plan. so when you have a plan you will definitely not be too stupid to use all your money

perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:25:02 AM

if no one know the place you buried your USB what will be happen if something bad happen to you ? IMO that is very risky to do because if no one can't find it then it will be gone if something bad happen to you   

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: