Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:44:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke  (Read 25385 times)
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:25:31 PM

It is not a good ideal to inv all momney into btc, because it can be bad if you are making mistakes with Bitcoin so you can lose also a lot of money if you selling it too early.

In my opinion isn’t a good idea invest all your money in only one thing. You can be a millionaire in some years or you can be a broke guy in some hours.

Exactly you cannot afford to trust bitcoin so blindly that you put all your money into it, as if bitcoin disappears in future then it will surely wreck your life.
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:52:07 PM

It is not a good ideal to inv all momney into btc, because it can be bad if you are making mistakes with Bitcoin so you can lose also a lot of money if you selling it too early.

In my opinion isn’t a good idea invest all your money in only one thing. You can be a millionaire in some years or you can be a broke guy in some hours.

Exactly you cannot afford to trust bitcoin so blindly that you put all your money into it, as if bitcoin disappears in future then it will surely wreck your life.

Yeah try to invest in different ways. Never put all eggs in just one basket.

martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:15:38 PM

That is to bad you should never spend all of your money on Bitcoin because you need money to life from to, you should only invest in to Bitcoin if you have the money to do so.
If I see that I cannot afford to spend my money on Bitcoin then I just wait.
coinoclock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:42:05 PM

Yeah try to invest in different ways. Never put all eggs in just one basket.
i beg to differ. sure if you have $20k and more then don't put it all in just one place. but if you are just starting see the future in bitcoin and believe in it, then go for it and all in.
but be aware of the risks. and only invest what you don't need to survive.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:25:33 PM

So this guy bought bitcoin when the price was about $450 and now that they are $600 he's broke? lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DPAY2016

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:27:34 PM

Sad story. Try get a daily jobs and enjoy life
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:31:51 PM

lol i must track this fountain from now. maybe i can have some good dreams of steeling it in james bond style :p i mean steeling the coins not the fountain anyway its what i will call an hard encryption but its physically not vertually

draxcter

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:49:07 PM

You didn't lose your savings if you look at it in this way, You merely invested them in a project, Although I don't think you should put all of them in it but still I see it as a good investment overall, Now you can actually make good profit with the movement and volatility of bitcoins.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:59:29 PM

I think this thread made 2 months ago and i think op already got a solution about his problem.
And he moveon because he realize that the price right now for bitcoin is increased in high value.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
haankoammu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:35:29 PM

I praise your approach and your trust in bitcoins! Smiley , You did make a big investment "regardless of the amount but the value it is worth to you", I think it's not a bad investment considering how the price changes "and keeping it out of your hand is very good IMO", You should still keep a decent amount offline as well though.
DPAY2016

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:11:08 PM

But, 1 question remain? Why a fountain?
Iceborn

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

I think its even stupid to do this you can better invest a certain amount and than just wait on a price increase to make more money.
If you a investing you whole savings its very risky its the same as all in.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:17:12 PM

I think its even stupid to do this you can better invest a certain amount and than just wait on a price increase to make more money.

You are right about this, its just not smart to stack all your money into the bitcoin, I even call it stupid because in investments you never put in a full amount...
I hope you will make profit but its very risky!
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:15:51 PM

You are right about this, its just not smart to stack all your money into the bitcoin, I even call it stupid because in investments you never put in a full amount...
I hope you will make profit but its very risky!

Doing this is not worth it at all and I even think that its way too much, you can better start with low amounts and than step in more and more till you can say that you invested enough.
Its never good to invest the whole amount in one time and also not such big amounts.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:29:51 PM

So this guy bought bitcoin when the price was about $450 and now that they are $600 he's broke? lol

he is a lucky person and he also saw a price of $750 in the mid of the year so he got about 80% or more profit with that bitcoins. But I think he is saying it because he have buried them and is unable to use them for his needs. He should have to keep them in his living wallet.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:45:04 PM

he is a lucky person and he also saw a price of $750 in the mid of the year so he got about 80% or more profit with that bitcoins. But I think he is saying it because he have buried them and is unable to use them for his needs. He should have to keep them in his living wallet.

The problem is that we don't know how everything is right now. Perhaps he sold all his coins to secure profits. Perhaps that his coins, or the majority of it are still untouched. An update from OP would be a welcome thing here.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:58:13 PM

The problem is that we don't know how everything is right now. Perhaps he sold all his coins to secure profits. Perhaps that his coins, or the majority of it are still untouched. An update from OP would be a welcome thing here.
op last active was today , would be nice to get an update from him right? but since he is planning to save the 5 bitcoin for very long term saving in bitcoin , i guess he just keep his bitcoin underground . the 'broke' that what op means are due he has spent the whole fiat money saving to buy bitcoin and buried it. so i guess he just have a great plan Cheesy not the real broke.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:48:45 AM

The whole idea of investing in bitcoin for me would be able to turn it into cash quickly. So sitting on it and hiding it for a long time goes against how I see bitcoin. Not saying it is wrong to want to sit on it,just believe people need to go about life in general in a balanced manner.
Perception can often lead us astray leaning to far one way or another.
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:59:32 AM

Don't know why you buried it, you can buy a safe box or put the pen drives in a bank or something like that.

NOTE: the pen drives will break in few years and maybe you can loss all your money, next time try to use a paperwallet mate

edit: and invest in altcoins instead of bitcoin
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:51:35 AM

You will really become broke if you spent your bitcoin savings. If you all do is withdraw and did not do any deposits, you will really lose all of your bitcoin in your wallet. If you invested it instead of spending it, maybe it already earned so much profit. Next time, think wisely how you will spend your bitcoin. Don't be a one day millionaire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: