Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:26:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC4PPGBP  (Read 1246 times)
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:51:51 PM

SCAMMER ALERT: BTC4PPGBP

User BTC4PPGBP is a scammer.  After agreeing to a fair price yesterday for 1 BTC, user BTC4PPGBP failed to deliver the said BTC after I made a payment.  This was a test transaction, to verify this user.  FAIL

The original deal was 4.5 BTC for 88 GBP.  Because BTC4PPGBP refused to go first, we made a deal to test things out with 1 BTC for 19.56 GBP.

Here's where he instructs me to send to his account:

Here's where I sent as instructed:

After waiting several hours and sending him messages, I got this:

BTC4PPGBP has not replied to my messages or emails asking for a refund or BTC to be sent.

DON'T DEAL WITH THIS USER!!!

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:57:27 PM

His topics seemed really fishy to me last night. His absolute refusal to accept escrow and requesting everyone send payment first while only having 20-30 posts? Not right at all.
velacreations (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:10:10 PM

His topics seemed really fishy to me last night. His absolute refusal to accept escrow and requesting everyone send payment first while only having 20-30 posts? Not right at all.
yeah, I hadn't seen those threads, otherwise I would have never done it.  anyway, live and learn.

BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 07:23:17 PM

Sorry to hear about it bitbear I was just coming to copy and paste the post you had in a different thread in here but you already have Cheesy....Sorry again for your dilemma.
Perhaps try a recovery service? That is if the value is enough
velacreations (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:29:58 PM

Sorry to hear about it bitbear I was just coming to copy and paste the post you had in a different thread in here but you already have Cheesy....Sorry again for your dilemma.
Perhaps try a recovery service? That is if the value is enough
I tried to post it everywhere he was trying to sell, just so no one else makes the mistake.  I will talk with paypal and see what can be done.

AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 07:38:01 PM

I was about to buy from him as well, but he disappeared when I point him to escrow. )

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 07:40:09 PM

Called it Grin

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

I remember warning users against him when he started posting. All his vouches are from unrepped new users, so that should say something already.
velacreations (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:54:00 AM

I remember warning users against him when he started posting. All his vouches are from unrepped new users, so that should say something already.
yeah, I'll definitely do my due diligence in the future

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:17:18 AM

This

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
velacreations (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:06:51 AM

All his vouches are from unrepped new users, so that should say something already.
yeah, this is good advice, but some of us do business with newbies, so we get rep from people that have no rep.  It doesn't necessarily make us scammers.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:10:10 AM

Lesson learned: never do business with anyone who uses ":3" or any of its variants.  (;3, =3, v3v, etc.)

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:24:39 AM

All his vouches are from unrepped new users, so that should say something already.
yeah, this is good advice, but some of us do business with newbies, so we get rep from people that have no rep.  It doesn't necessarily make us scammers.
It just means that it is risky to trade unprotected with someone with virtually nothing to lose, in this case reputation.
Woodcock36

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:43:58 AM

From the Newbie Standpoint: Anyone who is legit will wait it out and pay their dues. With BTC, if you have real life money, you can find a way to convert it to BTC and as of right now, there is nothing LEGAL that would require you to have bitcoins RIGHT NOW. I would love to get involved in trading my goods and services for bitcoin, but I would never ask or demand them IMMEDIATELY. I can't think of a decent situation where that would be necessary, and I can be a shady motherfucker if the situation demands it. Scammers in general always have a "lets do this now, in the most protected way for me as possible, I need to get this done because my friend with leukemia is going to die in 20 hours and blah blah blah" approach. The slow roll scammers ever have this sort of approach because they think that if they slow roll the scam they will get away with it. But you can always tell a scammer by their eagerness to discuss business. Take this for what it is worth, but try and get to know the people you deal with online while you are conducting business, you can usually tell who is a scammer by their demeanor when talking to them about YOUR life. Most will become impatient and either ignore any non-sequitors you offer up, and some will just get flat out rude if you try to discuss anything other than the transaction at hand.

This is not true for all transactions, but in my years of dealing with digital transactions I have found that the people who will take the time to at least be cordial socially, are the ones you want to deal with. Scammers are all the same. First comes ignoring things you add into your conversations that have nothing to do with the transaction, then comes denial when you out them, then comes anger when they know you're onto them.

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
OrangeVonPurple

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:53:55 AM

was about to buy from him as well, but he disappeared when I point him to escrow. )

I had the exact same thing happen. We were making a deal wherin I was going to sell him several Xbox LIVE points tokens for BTC. As soon as I requested escrow he said some BS line about having to run to work but that he would participate in my escrow transaction asap. It goes without saying that I haven't heard from him since.

Thanks to BitBears and 21after2 (who I DID have a smooth, great transaction with btw) for giving me the heads up before dealing with this scam artist! You guys saved me from getting royally ripped off!!

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:58:50 AM

Lots of people called this. You don't trade with new users without escrow.
OrangeVonPurple

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:42:37 PM

Lots of people called this. You don't trade with new users without escrow.

Very true!! And I'm very glad I didn't have to learn the hard way with this shady dude.

Cheesy
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:33:20 PM

Tagged. In addition to this, he might be an alt of Black_Star.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 07:43:03 PM

I tried to post it everywhere he was trying to sell, just so no one else makes the mistake.  I will talk with paypal and see what can be done.

If you sent it as a gift, nothing will be done.  Never send anything as a gift.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: