Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501975 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:42:45 PM

Is it just me or is Syscoin severely undervalued?  Tongue I think a lot money currently flowing into crypto is divived amongst the many promising ICO's. It's perhaps a good idea for Syscoin team to focus on the non-crypto world, that's where the big money is to be found.  Wink

Agree on both fronts- Syscoin is undervalued and we are focusing our efforts outside of crypto as we agree- that's where the big $$ is especially with the use cases we can now satisfy in a decentralized manner. We're looking to satisfy legitimate use cases as that's where the real money is (ecommerce, p2p sales, craigslist, ebay, etc)

That's exactly what I'd like to hear as a long-term investor. The potential is definitely there! I think for mainstream adoption it's important to stress the advantages of Syscoin's blockchain market place in contrast to the old usual online market places. This could definitely be the next big step in online market places. I remember when E-bay and Amazon just came up, it was a weird new idea, buying and selling stuff p2p on online market places, now people are accustomed to it, Syscoin should become the next step in evolution, both as to become a next generation market place itself and to help the old fashioned online market places to evolve and adapt to the new era by implementing Syscoin technology.  Wink

I like to speculate
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 10:15:40 PM

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain
Syscoin Team Slack | SYS Slack Request Invite | Syscoin Reddit

Syscoin 2.0 is a cryptocurrency based the Syscoin 1.0 originally launched August 14, 2014. This thread is a continuation of this thread, which was the Syscoin 1.0 launch thread. Syscoin is unique fintech asset that offers much more than simple currency transfer. Syscoin provide an entire marketplace ecosystem built around the SYS token but cross-compatible with Bitcoin (BTC) as well. Unlike many coins the features below are not on the roadmap they are live and in production launched April 30th, 2016 as version 2.0. Value from the 1.0 chain as of block 880510 was migrated to the 2.0.

Syscoin 2.0 Features
  • All features use blockchain technology
  • Decentralized Marketplace
  • Name Aliases for easier addressing
  • Full Affiliate system for reselling, reseller discounts, and more
  • Private selling
  • Encrypted Messaging
  • Digital Certificates on the blockchain which can be directly sold on the Marketplace
  • Decentralized price pegging
  • Third party arbitrated escrow for secure transactions and buying with confidence

We have much more development planned throughout 2016 and beyond as well. Please check out our ROADMAP which we're constantly updating.

Max Coins: 900,000,000
Mining Algorithm: SHA256, Merge-mineable with any SHA256 coin including Bitcoin

Mining Schedule
DurationYearsBlock HeightInterest
120161 - 525,6016%
42017 - 2020525,602 - 2,628,0053%
72021 - 20282,628,006 - 6,832,8131.5%
392029 - 20686,832,814 - 27,856,8530.75%

Latest Wallets

Download on Github

Exchanges
Bittrex | Poloniex | BTC38 | Alcurex

Mining Pools
Syspool | Give Me Coins | MMPool | F2Pool

Block Explorer
CryptoID

Syscoin DirectBTC Feature Demo Video

Syscoin v. OpenBazaar (click for full size)

Syscoin on Wikipedia

Please note: this is a moderated post. Any replies that resort to name calling, unnecessary use of large fonts/color or posting of misinformation will be deleted. Repeat violators will be reported to forum admins.

** This thread is a continuation of a previous, now closed thread. **
Here is a new pool with Syscoin (V2) : http://bitcoinpool.us  Cool

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 04:11:29 AM

Here is a new pool with Syscoin (V2) : http://bitcoinpool.us  Cool

Awesome thanks! Added to OP Smiley

This arrived today and thought I'd share, my first purchase on the Syscoin network. Pretty awesome when it shows up at your door! It's fiery sweet deliciousness, I'd recommend it! Grab yours via offer id bc5429da60b4c942 Cool

Also it seems YOBIT is back on the right chain ...after taking 3weeks to update to 2.0.  Huh

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 12:09:02 AM

The video presentation of DirectBTC makes it seem that the Bitcoin transaction checking is based on a centralized service, is that true?

Best of luck, I like the chart of sys vs OB.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:22:29 AM

Here is a new pool with Syscoin (V2) : http://bitcoinpool.us  Cool

Awesome thanks! Added to OP Smiley

This arrived today and thought I'd share, my first purchase on the Syscoin network. Pretty awesome when it shows up at your door! It's fiery sweet deliciousness, I'd recommend it! Grab yours via offer id bc5429da60b4c942 Cool

Also it seems YOBIT is back on the right chain ...after taking 3weeks to update to 2.0.  Huh

We need more merchants like this, Maybe the Syscoin Team will start selling their Syscoin Branded T-shirts on the Marketplace? Smiley
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 03:54:36 AM

The video presentation of DirectBTC makes it seem that the Bitcoin transaction checking is based on a centralized service, is that true?

Best of luck, I like the chart of sys vs OB.

Yep that's correct currently it uses a centralized blockchain web service API to verify the funds have been sent before committing the purchase to the Syscoin blockchain. There's no reason we couldn't decentralize through multiple web service endpoints across multiple service providers or by including a bitcoin client with the SYS client and making direct RPC calls to that client, although the latter would result in unnecessary bloat imo. The directBTC feature was developed as a means to expose Syscoin to a larger userbase more so than an exercise in decentralization although it is possible!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:31:58 AM

I tried running it on OS X 10.11.4 and it quit unexpectedly at startup which makes me sad. Sad Here's the log if it helps:

Process:               Syscoin-Qt [1007]
Path:                  /Applications/Syscoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Syscoin-Qt
Identifier:            org.syscoinfoundation.Syscoin-Qt

This was reported in our Slack earlier today, the latest Mac build was missing some dependencies if you download it again from https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/releases/download/2.0/Syscoin_2.0.dmg it should fix the issue.

Works now thanks!  Grin

3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:38:34 PM

Tried 3 trial runs with the marketplace.
For some reason now my funds are locked. Was going to send my coins to bittrex
I had about 1500 syscoins after tests.
could only send 355 coins to bittrex.
I figured it was confirmation issue. But 12 hours later, funds still stuck.
Error says I have insufficient funds even if I try to send 1 coin out of 1150

What am I doing wrong.
I'm on windows 7
tested 3 contracts. 2 without escrow and 1 with escrow.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:46:02 PM

What am I doing wrong.
I'm on windows 7

You might try this one on your wallet:

Click on settings -> options -> wallet -> uncheck coin control
then try to send again your coins.
3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:49:52 PM

What am I doing wrong.
I'm on windows 7

Well shoot... it was already unchecked.
The counterparty who was testing market with me also has his coins stuck as insufficient funds
He tried to send his coins to my wallet.
So the error exists whether one sends to an 'S' account or a '1' account
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:44:31 PM

Is it just me or is Syscoin severely undervalued?  Tongue I think a lot money currently flowing into crypto is divived amongst the many promising ICO's. It's perhaps a good idea for Syscoin team to focus on the non-crypto world, that's where the big money is to be found.  Wink

Agree on both fronts- Syscoin is undervalued and we are focusing our efforts outside of crypto as we agree- that's where the big $$ is especially with the use cases we can now satisfy in a decentralized manner. We're looking to satisfy legitimate use cases as that's where the real money is (ecommerce, p2p sales, craigslist, ebay, etc)

That's exactly what I'd like to hear as a long-term investor. The potential is definitely there! I think for mainstream adoption it's important to stress the advantages of Syscoin's blockchain market place in contrast to the old usual online market places. This could definitely be the next big step in online market places. I remember when E-bay and Amazon just came up, it was a weird new idea, buying and selling stuff p2p on online market places, now people are accustomed to it, Syscoin should become the next step in evolution, both as to become a next generation market place itself and to help the old fashioned online market places to evolve and adapt to the new era by implementing Syscoin technology.  Wink

^Agreed with this it is pretty amazing to look at; I haven't posted anything yet or tried any features. But just from the look and syncing speed I see the potential and work you guys have put into this! Keep it up! I haven't tried OpenBaazar yet but I think this could easily snag a share of the ecommerce market!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:15:01 AM

What am I doing wrong.
I'm on windows 7

Well shoot... it was already unchecked.
The counterparty who was testing market with me also has his coins stuck as insufficient funds
He tried to send his coins to my wallet.
So the error exists whether one sends to an 'S' account or a '1' account

If you join our Slack channel via http://join.syscoin.org we can help you out.

^Agreed with this it is pretty amazing to look at; I haven't posted anything yet or tried any features. But just from the look and syncing speed I see the potential and work you guys have put into this! Keep it up! I haven't tried OpenBaazar yet but I think this could easily snag a share of the ecommerce market!

We're just getting started Syscoin is really a platform that can be used for those larger ecommerce experiences and integrations we're working on the next phase reaching that goal with the upcoming Syscoin 2.1 release and Blockmarket milestone 1.

grunt

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:59:18 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 06:32:17 AM by grunt

Hey all just found this new ANN thread congrats on the launch and all the good stuff you are doing!

I am having an error when I launch my wallet: Error - Failed to connect to best block

The only place I could find any info about this was in your github with the code for the error.

I ran the wallet with --salvagewallet and the same error occurred. Anything else I should try?

Keyare_ helped me out:

I downloaded the newest wallet from github and then cleared all my old data from user/appdata/roaming/syscoin

Then imported my old wallet.dat file back into the new wallet.

I had to choose the right wallet file because I had a couple corrupt copies, maybe part of the error in the first place? I just chose the largest one and renamed it wallet.dat and put it in my roaming/syscoin folder.

All my syscoin is back, as well as my alias and my certificate from my first purchase! NICE!
leftR

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:05:04 PM

Great work here,keep it hot!!
But the price is red ,for a long time..
any news for this month?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 06:38:31 PM

Update for those mining on SYSPOOL (pool.syscoin.org) we've updated the root coin to NEOS for more consistent higher profit payouts to miner there who can also merge mine several other coins to increase their profits, including Syscoin. Please update your configuration to continue receiving regular payouts, the latest NEOS wallet can be found here: https://github.com/io-eightyeight/neoscoin/releases.

ITdreamer

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:07:26 PM

Why explorer is not working?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 09:09:30 PM

Why explorer is not working?

Explorer working fine https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sys/

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:16:33 AM

Is sys market in beta or is it the release version that is out now?
ITdreamer

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:11:04 AM

Is there any way to contact with Yobit support team?

Support tickets on the site are useless, all stay unanswered.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:28:18 PM

Is sys market in beta or is it the release version that is out now?

Released github.com/syscoin/syscoin2
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: