Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501975 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

Wow good ! Unexpected journey started.. Smiley
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:40:59 PM

Good hit. This a great step to sys
Lets launch this Rocket!

Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:08:52 AM

It’s been an extremely productive month following the release of the Syscoin 2.1 public beta [1]. We’ve been added to the Coinomi wallet which gives Android users the ability to send, receive and hold Syscoin on their Android mobile devices, Syscoin has been added to Brave New Coin’s services, Livecoin exchange and we’ve also received confirmation that Syscoin will be added to Bittylicious, a UK based fiat gateway and exchange, in the near future.

Development has been speeding along as well. With the help of the community we’ve been able to identify and fix bugs and implement changes that improve the overall Syscoin user experience. We’ve identified two more features; an in-wallet wanted section and currency editing. These will add further value to the Syscoin platform and will take a few days to finalize. While they are being worked on we wanted to share the latest improvements by releasing the a new Syscoin 2.1 public beta 2. Beta 2 includes the major fixes and user experience updates that we’ve completed so far. We want to release to mainnet as soon as is reasonably possible, targeting the first week of August timeframe. Progress on our Blockmarket initiative has been moving along extremely well, we’ll have a more detailed updates on that in a separate post.

To use the latest beta you will need to delete any/all existing beta files – including the app/exe and the Syscoin testnet data directory; Syscoin.conf remains the same as with the first beta. If you discover issues we want to hear about them and you can submit them either via slack #bugs channel or our Github issues page. We’re excited to be one step closer to releasing 2.1 to mainnet with all its huge new features and look forward to sharing what we’ve been working with Blockmarket very soon!

Download the Syscoin 2.1 beta 2 using the links below. You’ll need to use this syscoin.conf, which will only connect to testnet. If you have an existing syscoin.conf from beta 2 there is no need to change it, if not please back it up prior to participating in the beta.

You must delete any/all pre-existing Syscoin 2.1 beta 1 testnet data (the testnet3 folder entirely) before you can run/use Syscoin 2.1 beta 2 properly.
Windows Syscoin 2.1 Beta 2 Download
Mac OSX Syscoin 2.1 Beta 2 Download
Github Source Zip for Syscoin 2.1 Beta 2

For questions/comments please catch us directly on our Slack channel! We look forward to talking with you!
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:36:59 AM

It’s been an extremely productive month following the release of the Syscoin 2.1 public beta [1]. We’ve been added to the Coinomi wallet which gives Android users the ability to send, receive and hold Syscoin on their Android mobile devices, Syscoin has been added to Brave New Coin’s services, Livecoin exchange and we’ve also received confirmation that Syscoin will be added to Bittylicious, a UK based fiat gateway and exchange, in the near future.

Development has been speeding along as well. With the help of the community we’ve been able to identify and fix bugs and implement changes that improve the overall Syscoin user experience. We’ve identified two more features; an in-wallet wanted section and currency editing. These will add further value to the Syscoin platform and will take a few days to finalize. While they are being worked on we wanted to share the latest improvements by releasing the a new Syscoin 2.1 public beta 2. Beta 2 includes the major fixes and user experience updates that we’ve completed so far. We want to release to mainnet as soon as is reasonably possible, targeting the first week of August timeframe. Progress on our Blockmarket initiative has been moving along extremely well, we’ll have a more detailed updates on that in a separate post.

To use the latest beta you will need to delete any/all existing beta files – including the app/exe and the Syscoin testnet data directory; Syscoin.conf remains the same as with the first beta. If you discover issues we want to hear about them and you can submit them either via slack #bugs channel or our Github issues page. We’re excited to be one step closer to releasing 2.1 to mainnet with all its huge new features and look forward to sharing what we’ve been working with Blockmarket very soon!

Download the Syscoin 2.1 beta 2 using the links below. You’ll need to use this syscoin.conf, which will only connect to testnet. If you have an existing syscoin.conf from beta 2 there is no need to change it, if not please back it up prior to participating in the beta.

You must delete any/all pre-existing Syscoin 2.1 beta 1 testnet data (the testnet3 folder entirely) before you can run/use Syscoin 2.1 beta 2 properly.

For questions/comments please catch us directly on our Slack channel! We look forward to talking with you!

Nice to see some good movements in the market with respect to Syscoin during the past few days. Great announcement release and for sure things will be getting more exciting as days comes by until we finally reach the month of August Smiley
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:18:23 PM

Other great News.
A big step to sys.
Now ibjust buying more coin! Haha

Cya

sigwo

Activity: 656

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 05:23:38 PM

BlockMarket is going to be great! Team is top notch and always improving. Get out of the way eBay, SYSCOIN is here!
kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:04:37 PM

Hey, has anyone tried making certificates?  I made a new private certificate and put some text in the Data field.  But after the certificate gets created and i look at my certificates tab, the data section is replaced with "Encrypted for owner of certificate private data" instead of what I put there(same thing in edit).  How can I see what I originally put in the data section? And if I sell this certificate to someone else, would they see "Encrypted for owner of certificate private data" or what I put?

Also does anyone have an idea of how many items have been sold on syscoin marketplace?

Thx
johnp

Activity: 575

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:29:01 PM

Hey, has anyone tried making certificates?  I made a new private certificate and put some text in the Data field.  But after the certificate gets created and i look at my certificates tab, the data section is replaced with "Encrypted for owner of certificate private data" instead of what I put there(same thing in edit).  How can I see what I originally put in the data section? And if I sell this certificate to someone else, would they see "Encrypted for owner of certificate private data" or what I put?

Also does anyone have an idea of how many items have been sold on syscoin marketplace?

Thx

You need to unlock your wallet to see the data

*Image Removed*
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:19:34 AM

Good Price movement of syscoin in the market in the past few days, hopefully this will continue to rise as we near August.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:30:22 AM

Good update guys Smiley
cdcjk

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:15:55 PM

Replace a new macbook  Cheesy
cdcjk

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:28:44 PM

Hi,

I've a problem to install Syscoin Core on my macbook,  when I try to launch it for the 1st time I have an error message "Symbol not found: _LSSharedFileListItemCopyResolvedURL".

Do you have any idea to resolve it ? I cleaned all my old folders from Syscoin 1.0 and I kept my wallet.dat on an external device

It is also displaying this message in the report (maybe it can help) : "Application Specific Information: dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries"

Thanks

Replace a new macbook  Cheesy
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:36:17 PM

Problem solved, I just had to upgrade the system to El Capitan version...   Roll Eyes

Great troubleshooting! That was quick, so it may seem that the latest wallet has some issues with the older MAC software.
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:46:06 PM

Things are getting interesting day by day
Another update from the team
https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/757577635186606080

Looking forward to a lot of news soon
nmtrader100

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:28:14 AM

This escrow system sucks.  Double-deposit 2-person escrow is superior and is the future.  Bitbay, Shadowcash, and Bitmarkets at least have this much right (I think those three will use it?).  I really can't comprehend how you guys ever thought this was the best option.  Seems almost common sense to me.
nmtrader100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:34:49 AM

Here you go, gentlemen.  Syscoin seems to have a large edge on the race for a decentralized market mainly due to the fact that everyone else sucks:

Bitbay:  Closed source!  Moderated!  Enough said!

Axis Mundi:  Linux only.  I really don't have the patience to get this crap to work but I am no Linux guru.  This marketplace has no chance of ever going mainstreem with average Joe.  Has arbitrated crap-escrow.

NXT Freemarket:  Massive pre-issued coin, will never use on principle alone, closed source at launch, NXT users can go f@ck themselves, desktop version not working due to "changes in NXT", web version not working either.  Has arbitrated crap-escrow.  

Openbazaar:  Not anonymous.  Does not work over Tor.  Automatically eliminated from consideration.

Bitmarkets:  2-party escrow, works over TOR, but who cares, its OSX.  Automatically eliminated from consideration.

Shadowcash:  Has been de-anonymized in the past but fixed the bug... growing pains?  lead dev doesn't seem very intelligent, probably why they still have nothing workable after 2 years?  Might have potential, the only other possible competitor to Syscoin IMO but I have yet to actually see anything.  Shadowmarket to be release by the end of 2016?  Doubt it.  Has superior 2-Person escrow.  Is the core dev really a 14 year old freckle-faced fat kid???

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Here you go, gentlemen.  Syscoin seems to have a large edge on the race for a decentralized market mainly due to the fact that everyone else sucks:

Bitbay:  Closed source!  Moderated!  Enough said!

Axis Mundi:  Linux only.  I really don't have the patience to get this crap to work but I am no Linux guru.  This marketplace has no chance of ever going mainstreem with average Joe.  Has arbitrated crap-escrow.

NXT Freemarket:  Massive pre-issued coin, will never use on principle alone, closed source at launch, NXT users can go f@ck themselves, desktop version not working due to "changes in NXT", web version not working either.  Has arbitrated crap-escrow.  

Openbazaar:  Not anonymous.  Does not work over Tor.  Automatically eliminated from consideration.

Bitmarkets:  2-party escrow, works over TOR, but who cares, its OSX.  Automatically eliminated from consideration.

Shadowcash:  Has been de-anonymized in the past but fixed the bug... growing pains?  lead dev doesn't seem very intelligent, probably why they still have nothing workable after 2 years?  Might have potential, the only other possible competitor to Syscoin IMO but I have yet to actually see anything.  Shadowmarket to be release by the end of 2016?  Doubt it.  Has superior 2-Person escrow.  Is the core dev really a 14 year old freckle-faced fat kid???

In theory dde sounds better yes but in reality it is not.. it hinders growth as it creates a higher barrier of entry. Once network effect is achieved I can always implement an option to do trustless escrow with deposit although there needs to be a backup plan to let buyers extend the bomb tx... thus we implemented a full rating system linked to aliases that complements the escrow to get people using it safely. The correct business decision is currently AE but DDE is on the radar long term. Any system using dde from the get go now will have harder time taking off.
nmtrader100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:54:18 AM

I am glad to hear that it is on the radar long term but as far as it creating a higher barrier to entry, I believe this is inaccurate conjecture and I respectfully disagree.  There is a huge underground black market begging for it.  I wish I could have it every time I pay for something on alphabay.  I don't think you give users enough credit for not being too stupid to appreciate it.  Everyone on darknet hates arbitration and multisig.  Just ask.  Vendor rating is everything there.  Dde almost eliminates the need for vendor ratings.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 06:08:07 AM

I am glad to hear that it is on the radar long term but as far as it creating a higher barrier to entry, I believe this is inaccurate conjecture and I respectfully disagree.  There is a huge underground black market begging for it.  I wish I could have it every time I pay for something on alphabay.  I don't think you give users enough credit for not being too stupid to appreciate it.  Everyone on darknet hates arbitration and multisig.  Just ask.  Vendor rating is everything there.  Dde almost eliminates the need for vendor ratings.

I think the important thing in regards to SYS and escrow options is that we listen to the market. Right now arbitrated escrow (AE for future ref) is the only option, and that's technically what you're getting in a dark market scenario as well even tho that's not our target market. IF the market shows a large enough demand, we are completely open to adding DDE ~or~ AE options. I'm not going to debate DDE v AE here, as there is an entire thread dedicated to that topic elsewhere, I'll just say we build what people want.

Our next big milestone is really Blockmarket, once that is out and people are able to setup web stores showing only their items, hosted wherever they like, in a user-friendly ecommerce experience I think we will start to see more of the market asking for DDE if that need really exists- if this happens we'll act as needed to address the market need, just as we did with Syscoin 2.1- which includes bug fixes but also a large number of features directly requested by the market in reaction to the initial Syscoin 2.0 launch.

If the people of the community feel strongly about adding DDE to SYS its very easy to make your voices heard- create a new issue on Syscoin github request "Optional Double Deposit Escrow". Post a link to the issue here in this thread, if the issue gets a lot of activity, we'll implement it!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
leftR

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:21:46 AM

when will it be ready the blockmarlet?
should be ready , according to the Roadmap - jul 2016!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: