Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:51:44 PM

Prepare for WhitePaper  Cool

What do you mean by that?
We’d planned on releasing the Syscoin 2.1 whitepaper alongside Syscoin 2.1 itself but due to its breadth and depth we didn’t want it to get lost in the shuffle. We’ll release the whitepaper Dec 26th, 2016 and it is very detailed.
http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-1-released-new-payment-processor/

Thanks for your answer, another question, can you have more than one syscoin address in the same wallet? If the answer is yes ?, this also includes the wallet that makes of node in a pool?
Yes... i suggest making an alias which has an address but much more.

Hello, someone can help me, I've been mining for 11 hours from my node, and I do not receive any transactions, should I do something? Set up the syscoin box on something? Because the others who undermine receive their payment and I do not?

I found this in the syscoin help:

-txconfirmtarget = <n> If the commission payment is not set, include enough quota for the transactions to begin the confirmation on an average of n blocks (default: 1)

Please favor someone who supports this portfolio to help me or someone who already has nodes
you will not get any new blocks as you can check the hashrate it is very high now. You will need to mine on f2pool to get sys mined after mining bitcoin. Any old blocks you have mined before f2pool went onboard will be paid out when sigwo fixes the backend on pool.syscoin.org payouts...
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:58:26 PM

Awesome news for Syscoin! I haven't looked too much into 2.1 yet but am excited to do so Smiley .
kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:44:35 AM

I put some steam games(certificates) on marketplace today to sell, but it doesn't look like the USD and EUR conversion is pegged properly(didn't try other currencies).  $3 USD converted to like 1.5 syscoin and 3 Euro converted to like 8k+ syscoin.  Am i doing something wrong?
http://peg.syscoin.org/

Should be using those rates... 3 usd should be 300ish sys i think

Edit: dans script isnt actually updating the sysrates.peg so ill get him to fix that. Sorry about that!

Hey, thx for the quick response, the peg is working properly now.

I was able to sell one of my game cd key(certificate) and received payment for it in sys, then I went to marketplace > sold > right clicked the item and picked acknowledge payment.  I was wondering if the buyer received the certificate because i can still see it under my certificates tab and owner is myself. 

Also for the certificates, i put in info in both the private data and public data section, but when I search for these certificates, some say "Encrypted for owner of certificate data" in private data section while others just show the info i put into the private data section.  How do I make sure they all say "Encrypted for owner of certificate data"? and would the owner have to do anything to unencrypt the data to see the cd key after purchase?

The new wallet is working great so far, takes only a couple seconds to load new sales/certs

Thank you and congrats on 2.1 
Certificates must be manually transferred.. buyer usually uses escrow when buying them.

All of your cert private data should be shown to you when you look at them but they are hidden when others search it. Are you saying that some of your certs arent being decrypted and some are?

I think the cert private data wasn't shown to me sometimes because I didn't have the right alias picked.

I have another question, sorry I am not very technical.  I just sold a second game/cert and this time it is through escrow.  Do I just transfer the cert to the buyer and the arbiter will see the transfer and release funds or would I need to start a new escrow with the arbiter?  Also how would the arbiter be able to know if the cd key for game is correct(it needs to be claimed in steam before knowing if it works), what if the buyer claims that the key does not work even though it does?

thx

rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:31:34 AM

http://www.econotimes.com/Syscoin-releases-major-software-upgrade-introduces-feature-rich-blockchain-service-package-464659
kkemp102294

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:19:01 PM

Hi, does anyone know why: http://pool.syscoin.org/ have not made payments since a day? The contact email does not work.

I also want to know the steps to install the syscoin 2.1 wallet as a daemon on a ubuntu server?
If someone can tell me I would appreciate it, because on the website there is no information for linux, only windows

Hello,
Using Linux will require a compilation of the source code, which can be downloaded at https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/releases/tag/2.1.0.
Another option would be to use git at https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2.git

Once the source code has been downloaded, the doc file for building a unix wallet can be found at https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Hope this helps you get a wallet running on your server.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:22:24 PM

I put some steam games(certificates) on marketplace today to sell, but it doesn't look like the USD and EUR conversion is pegged properly(didn't try other currencies).  $3 USD converted to like 1.5 syscoin and 3 Euro converted to like 8k+ syscoin.  Am i doing something wrong?
http://peg.syscoin.org/

Should be using those rates... 3 usd should be 300ish sys i think

Edit: dans script isnt actually updating the sysrates.peg so ill get him to fix that. Sorry about that!

Hey, thx for the quick response, the peg is working properly now.

I was able to sell one of my game cd key(certificate) and received payment for it in sys, then I went to marketplace > sold > right clicked the item and picked acknowledge payment.  I was wondering if the buyer received the certificate because i can still see it under my certificates tab and owner is myself. 

Also for the certificates, i put in info in both the private data and public data section, but when I search for these certificates, some say "Encrypted for owner of certificate data" in private data section while others just show the info i put into the private data section.  How do I make sure they all say "Encrypted for owner of certificate data"? and would the owner have to do anything to unencrypt the data to see the cd key after purchase?

The new wallet is working great so far, takes only a couple seconds to load new sales/certs

Thank you and congrats on 2.1 
Certificates must be manually transferred.. buyer usually uses escrow when buying them.

All of your cert private data should be shown to you when you look at them but they are hidden when others search it. Are you saying that some of your certs arent being decrypted and some are?

I think the cert private data wasn't shown to me sometimes because I didn't have the right alias picked.

I have another question, sorry I am not very technical.  I just sold a second game/cert and this time it is through escrow.  Do I just transfer the cert to the buyer and the arbiter will see the transfer and release funds or would I need to start a new escrow with the arbiter?  Also how would the arbiter be able to know if the cd key for game is correct(it needs to be claimed in steam before knowing if it works), what if the buyer claims that the key does not work even though it does?

thx

you transfer the cert to the buyer after you see the escrow.. th ebuyer releases once he inspects the product in this case the code that it works.

Scenario #1: buyer does not release funds, arbiter can take over and release funds to you
Scenario #2: buyer claims it is wrong code, it needs to be proven that it is wrong code, is possible steps need to be carried out that allow provability without a doubt to another party that you ddid give valid code and it was claimed.

The problem of deceit will never be solved, if you dont rely on arbiters you have to lock funds and that removes incentives from using the system, the double deposit escrow does remove scenario #2 but its at a high cost although we can always implement that in a later release. We thought that the feedback and rating mechanism will deter people from doing scenario #2. Simply don't buy from bad rated merchants or dont sell to badly rated buyers, aswell dont use badly rated arbiters.
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:15:59 PM

After updating to 2.1.1 wallet my aliases seem to have disappeared. Is this expected?

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
kronicblazer

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:34:53 AM

you transfer the cert to the buyer after you see the escrow.. th ebuyer releases once he inspects the product in this case the code that it works.

Scenario #1: buyer does not release funds, arbiter can take over and release funds to you
Scenario #2: buyer claims it is wrong code, it needs to be proven that it is wrong code, is possible steps need to be carried out that allow provability without a doubt to another party that you ddid give valid code and it was claimed.

The problem of deceit will never be solved, if you dont rely on arbiters you have to lock funds and that removes incentives from using the system, the double deposit escrow does remove scenario #2 but its at a high cost although we can always implement that in a later release. We thought that the feedback and rating mechanism will deter people from doing scenario #2. Simply don't buy from bad rated merchants or dont sell to badly rated buyers, aswell dont use badly rated arbiters.

Aight, thx for reply.

I got some messages in the inbox from arbiter but I am having trouble viewing them.  The message says "encrypted for recipient of message".  Below inbox tab, it says "There are Syscoin messages you have received. You can choose which aliases to view related messages using the dropdown to the right."  I don't see a dropdown box to the right for me to pick my alias like it has in escrow/marketplace/certificates.  Also tried setting the default alias in options to my selling account, but I still cannot see the message from the arbiter.  Is there anything else I can do to decrypt the message and read it?

@Solix, my aliases from sys 2.0 are gone too, think I read somewhere this was intended.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:48:18 AM

After updating to 2.1.1 wallet my aliases seem to have disappeared. Is this expected?
Yes it was reset because 2.1 is basically a new platform totally upgrading 2.0
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 02:49:06 AM

Aight, thx for reply.

I got some messages in the inbox from arbiter but I am having trouble viewing them.  The message says "encrypted for recipient of message".  Below inbox tab, it says "There are Syscoin messages you have received. You can choose which aliases to view related messages using the dropdown to the right."  I don't see a dropdown box to the right for me to pick my alias like it has in escrow/marketplace/certificates.  Also tried setting the default alias in options to my selling account, but I still cannot see the message from the arbiter.  Is there anything else I can do to decrypt the message and read it?

@Solix, my aliases from sys 2.0 are gone too, think I read somewhere this was intended.
Is your wallet locked and encrypted? Try to unlock
kronicblazer

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:35:16 AM

Aight, thx for reply.

Yes, I always encrypt all my wallets.  I can't seem to find the unlock function anywhere?
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:14:29 AM

Aight, thx for reply.

Yes, I always encrypt all my wallets.  I can't seem to find the unlock function anywhere?

from wallet:
help>debug window>console

type
Code:
walletpassphrase "yourwalletpassphrase" 999

to unlock wallet for 999 seconds
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:30:52 AM

Aight, thx for reply.

I got some messages in the inbox from arbiter but I am having trouble viewing them.  The message says "encrypted for recipient of message".  Below inbox tab, it says "There are Syscoin messages you have received. You can choose which aliases to view related messages using the dropdown to the right."  I don't see a dropdown box to the right for me to pick my alias like it has in escrow/marketplace/certificates.  Also tried setting the default alias in options to my selling account, but I still cannot see the message from the arbiter.  Is there anything else I can do to decrypt the message and read it?

Yes, I always encrypt all my wallets.  I can't seem to find the unlock function anywhere?
Any type of syscoin service tx creation will askyou for password and stay unlocked until you close your qt wallet.

You can create alias with empty name it will ask you pw then givr error.about alias having no name
solix

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:24:05 AM

Will an update to the wallet allow for an automatic way to renew aliases before expiration? Or at the very least, a way to manually renew everything before expiration? I don't see a way to alter or "add" time to an existing valid alias. If not... it becomes a very annoying game of who can click fastest or pay the highest tx fee.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:35:01 AM

About time sys moved Cool
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:36:18 PM

Will an update to the wallet allow for an automatic way to renew aliases before expiration? Or at the very least, a way to manually renew everything before expiration? I don't see a way to alter or "add" time to an existing valid alias. If not... it becomes a very annoying game of who can click fastest or pay the highest tx fee.
Ofcourse lol... actually anything commected to that alias will be updated to live until the alias expires. Ie offers certs messages and escrows... they all connect to alias and depend on them for their expiry so pruning can happen.

If you update your alias it will update expiration from time you update.

Blockmarket will have these other features for auto renewal and email notifications. This is a reference wallet we are using today.
TheJokerDonald

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:01:57 PM

sidhujag [6:09 PM] 
Whitepaper soon

at Slack.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
CoinEnthusiast

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:57:44 PM

Haha, wellI had to go through a few pages to get here. Was kind of amusing to find ann page redirect to ann page to new ann page Cheesy

Anyways, I thought I would let you folks know there there is a new pool merge mining this coin @ mergemining.com. Somewhat of a shameless plug but also an activiy check on some of the coins at the same time. Don't want every shitcoin in there just because it's auxpow. Smiley Anyway glad to see a community like this. Smiley
LiveCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1017

LiveCoin - is a modern stock exchange

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 03:13:59 PM

Thanks for help. Previous issue has been solved. Currently node is working properly for a while until shutting down with the following error:

Code:
bitcoin@syscoin2:~$ syscoind: chain.h:381: void CDiskBlockIndex::SerializationOp(Stream&, Operation, int, int) [with Stream = CSizeComputer; Operation = CSerActionSerialize]: Assertion `pauxpow' failed.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.LIVECOIN.NET.......
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
......SIMPLE.  ★  .RELIABLE.  ★  .QUICK......
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Avast12

Activity: 144

MONERO

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:57:33 PM

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/813426519951474689

Syscoin 2.1 official whitepaper being released later today, packed with serious info on #innovative #blockchain tech within $SYS #fintech

I love Monero!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: