Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:22:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REMOTE DESKTOP BIG PROBLEM PLEASE HELP  (Read 1511 times)
Fademigo (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:37:39 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 11:54:59 AM by Fademigo

ad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:40:05 PM

Hello,

I am very familiar with your problem, you should download vlc remote desktop application and then connect to your vps, this trick worked for me. VLC is a reliable piece of software and it always have worked for me. If u want to access it through ssh, then u must try Putty.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:46:07 PM

Hello,

I am very familiar with your problem, you should download vlc remote desktop application and then connect to your vps, this trick worked for me. VLC is a reliable piece of software and it always have worked for me. If u want to access it through ssh, then u must try Putty.
Yeah putty for me is working better to use ssh(putty) and go access to root access and change your password..
And use filezilla for fast file transfer..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Fademigo (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:53:56 PM

Hello,

and how to do this with VLC
BestWebCreator

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:40:26 PM

Hello,

Just google the software, download it on your computer. Enter your hosting ip address and then your password and it should work, otherwise try to reset your password. If that doesn't work mayby ask if the company can replace the vps for a new one.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:41:17 PM

Look at teamviewer it is a program you can load on your PC's and access them from anywhere.  They even have android/Ios versions so some phones can connect which is nice.   It run's where even if you IP changes you still can connect so dhcp IP's are not even a issue.  Many great features.

It is free for personal use and very easy to install.  I suggest taking a look at it.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:43:15 PM

Watch out for programs like teamviewer or even remote desktop option.
Its opening potential backdoor in your system.
BestWebCreator

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:44:56 PM

That is true, because your computer connects to another computer and it is transferring data back and forth, so it can easily send back some extra data with malicious things, so choose the right software and trustable vps services. Also do not login through vps on anything, since the connections are not secured.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:57:01 PM

It is a widely used program that even some business's use.  I would not describe it as a backdoor.... as you know it's allowing you to connect to your machine. So treat account as such that is used to log in.   Honestly check it out - https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/current-version/

Would I put it on a machine being used as a wallet? No.. you should treat them with extra security.  But would I install it on a PC to connect to miners when away from home, or to connect to PC's that mine with GPUs sure.

I'm not making it up you can see how popular it is just by searching.  Here is some of it's security - http://www.teamviewer.com/en/security/    .  Before jumping to thinking it is a backdoor look at Velkro's trust to see what kinda person your getting info on security from - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=303026

prabowo96

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

it's showtime

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:41:01 PM

I will throw this laptop through my window if remote desktop connection will not start working soon!!!!!!!!!!

http://prntscr.com/b2fs5x

"Your credentials did not work"  - this is the error that I get all the time!
I tried this:

- I deleted Default.rdp file which was EMPTY
- I have tried to enter local account and Microsoft account credentials
- firewall off, didn't help

I have Windows 10 Professional.
VPS service that I use is active, it did not expired.

What can I do, please help I am pissed off!!!! googled about this last 3 hours and nothing helps

i think the problem is a pc that will be in control do not have a Windows login account that has a password.
to fix this, u should make windows login with password. try it and tell me if not work.

thanks

venan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://dreamtowards.net/?inviter=venan

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:50:07 PM

i think main problem is in credentials, not in RDP. check the name of remote desktop computers before username. remote desktop pc-s name must be written  exactly as it is.

Fademigo (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:59:43 PM

I will throw this laptop through my window if remote desktop connection will not start working soon!!!!!!!!!!

I tried this:

What can I do, please help I am pissed off!!!! googled about this last 3 hours and nothing helps

i think the problem is a pc that will be in control do not have a Windows login account that has a password.
to fix this, u should make windows login with password. try it and tell me if not work.

thanks

I tried with my microsoft and local account too. Not working anyway.

i think main problem is in credentials, not in RDP. check the name of remote desktop computers before username. remote desktop pc-s name must be written  exactly as it is.

I have logged on from windows 7 PC just normally, now on windows 10 dell laptop shit doesn't work. Still not working, I will really throw it in the garbage
Fademigo (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:00:14 PM

Hello,

Just google the software, download it on your computer. Enter your hosting ip address and then your password and it should work, otherwise try to reset your password. If that doesn't work mayby ask if the company can replace the vps for a new one.

I have only find vlc media player, not sure how to use this
Y.Job

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Check my CyberSecurity Shop

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:19:38 PM

Hello,

It's not VLC, he is trying to say VNC.
And try to log in from shh to see if your credentials works.

Fademigo (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:21:37 PM

Hello,

anyone got license for VNC?

how to do that with shh?
Y.Job

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Check my CyberSecurity Shop

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:25:27 PM

Hello,

anyone got license for VNC?

how to do that with shh?

VNC is free, here is the link http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

And to access VPS from ssh use http://www.putty.org/

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:28:19 AM

I tried this:

thanks

I tried with my microsoft and local account too. Not working anyway.

I have logged on from windows 7 PC just normally, now on windows 10 dell laptop shit doesn't work. Still not working, I will really throw it in the garbage

is your network location Public or Private? Some says that if your network type is Public instead of Private you won't be able to Remote Desktop.
Fademigo (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:35:35 PM

Not sure how to setup VNC  Huh I'm noob about this

is your network location Public or Private? Some says that if your network type is Public instead of Private you won't be able to Remote Desktop.

How to change to private? this really matters?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:17:05 PM

Not sure how to setup VNC  Huh I'm noob about this

I highly suggest with being new and confussed giving teamviewer a look over again.  It was mentioned and skipped over due to someone throwing FUD at it - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467677.msg14810899#msg14810899

You don't have to be a wiz to use it.  And it's pretty easy to setup/use.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 10:51:57 PM

Not sure how to setup VNC  Huh I'm noob about this

Go to Control Panel > (view by large icons) > HomeGroup. There should be an option in there to change the network location(or what is network location?). And if it's still not working, why not try their suggestion of using team viewer? I find it more convenient to use too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: