Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox and bruce wagner  (Read 5582 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:06:38 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2011, 02:08:29 AM by psy

(PS Where do I get my Jewstar Goonstar?)

You are special, so you get it right up your ass!

Oh OK, I guess I'm fine with that as long as it's you doing it.   Wink

Also the whole "Defend Bruce Wagner because the people attacking him hate our community and aren't doing it out of their love for us!" thing is really dumb.  It's like you're in a dark alley and there's this shady-lookin' guy in a trenchcoat edging towards you and then suddenly we pop out of nowhere and say "Hey!  There's that mugger who mugged all those guy awhile ago and here's the wanted poster to prove it!  Let's get him!"  Are you supposed to completely ignore the possibility that he's a bad person just because we happen to think you're a complete and total tool?

Bitcoin's just a sideshow by this point.  We just really don't like Bruce.  And if I had to guess why, I'd say it's probably because we liked him back when we thought he was a lovable, gullible yet harmless moron and we really, really don't like finding out we liked scumbags.

Also, he's a scumbag.

So, you are all feeling dumb because Bruce fooled you into thinking he was a lovable gullible yet harmless moron? I guess the joke is on you then...

PS: I'm not defending Bruce, I hate him almost as much as I hate goons.

About the goonstar thing, ask Bruce, i read on SA that his hourly rates are acceptale!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:05:30 AM

I've spent several hours reviewing some of the evidence and have concluded that Bruce Wagner is a convicted scammer who has shown no tendency to reform.  He continues to systematically exaggerate (see his list of media outlets that he claimed were going to the NYC conference) and fails to deliver. 

If I was running a business, I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
castlegoat

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:33:15 AM

Psy's just settin 'em up and knocking them down. Think you done a good job of keeping it even-tempered out here, with some witticisms (except for anything involving stuff in somebody's butt, that's just unhygienic).
Incomer

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 10:13:14 AM

I joined this forum ages ago, not to post but so I could read and maybe contribute if I felt the need to. My skills in English are a little lackluster, I actually only just passed it in school but I have been using it more since then, so please bear with me if my grammar is a bit off or I don't make complete sense.

I have been watching this whole affair develop and am wondering why people continue to defend these obviously malign individuals. If something bad happens once you could quite easily put it down as a mistake, but their is a fairly obvious trail of criminality and criminal mindedness in these cases. To either continue to defend these selfish professional scam artists, or to claim that some band of people who seem to find recreation in tracking people down on the internet are just digging up dirt seems, to me, to be purely self deluding.

Anyone with even a modicum of sense should be quite easily able to see that the persons in question should be reviled and cast out of the Bitcoin community. They are a poison that could quite easily spread if left free to roam unfettered. Don't delude yourself and even try to find the good in these people, there is none. Wake up and realize that they are complete scum.

verbotenforen

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:17:40 PM

Also the whole "Defend Bruce Wagner because the people attacking him hate our community and aren't doing it out of their love for us!" thing is really dumb.  It's like you're in a dark alley and there's this shady-lookin' guy in a trenchcoat edging towards you and then suddenly we pop out of nowhere and say "Hey!  There's that mugger who mugged all those guy awhile ago and here's the wanted poster to prove it!  Let's get him!"  Are you supposed to completely ignore the possibility that he's a bad person just because we happen to think you're a complete and total tool?

Bitcoin's just a sideshow by this point.  We just really don't like Bruce.  And if I had to guess why, I'd say it's probably because we liked him back when we thought he was a lovable, gullible yet harmless moron and we really, really don't like finding out we liked scumbags.

Also, he's a scumbag.

So, you are all feeling dumb because Bruce fooled you into thinking he was a lovable gullible yet harmless moron? I guess the joke is on you then...

About the goonstar thing, ask Bruce, i read on SA that his hourly rates are acceptale!

Mmmkay, so you think Bruce is worth a bit of crucifying as well.  So, then, why would you dislike us poor innocent goons?

Is it because we tell you that Bitcoin makes no economic sense?  (Which it doesn't.)

It is because we tell you your Bitcoin business plans make no sense?  (Which they don't.)

Is it because we tell you that a lot of you don't make sense, period?  (Which you don't.)

Is it because we tell you that Bitcoin is packed wall-to-wall with scammers?  (Which it is.)

Is it because we're Iluminati-government-funded-Freemason government goons out to destroy Bitcoins?  (Which we [REDACTED.])

Or is it because we won't respond to people saying mean things about us by flipping out over how everyone who disagrees with me personally is a horrible evil monster dedicated to the destruction of our gentle, peaceful community?

Feel free to test that last one out!  It only costs ten of your worthless fiat dollars to sign up to SomethingAwful, and we would LOVE to see you trolling us harder than an underage Thai ladyboy.
esse83 (OP)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 11:21:37 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 06:45:46 AM by esse83

How long will take for mtgox to gather up the facts that are out there and make an OFFCIAL statement? Seems absurd with the overwhelming evidence. If you want to build a reputation that is based on facts then do it allready. Unless you feel the court system is somehow a hoax.

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
DiaperedDynamo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 11:28:21 PM

Also, he's a scumbag.

Mmmkay, so you think Bruce is worth a bit of crucifying as well.  So, then, why would you dislike us poor innocent goons?

Is it because we tell you that Bitcoin makes no economic sense?  (Which it doesn't.)

It is because we tell you your Bitcoin business plans make no sense?  (Which they don't.)

Is it because we tell you that a lot of you don't make sense, period?  (Which you don't.)

Is it because we tell you that Bitcoin is packed wall-to-wall with scammers?  (Which it is.)

Is it because we're Iluminati-government-funded-Freemason government goons out to destroy Bitcoins?  (Which we [REDACTED.])

Or is it because we won't respond to people saying mean things about us by flipping out over how everyone who disagrees with me personally is a horrible evil monster dedicated to the destruction of our gentle, peaceful community?

Feel free to test that last one out!  It only costs ten of your worthless fiat dollars to sign up to SomethingAwful, and we would LOVE to see you trolling us harder than an underage Thai ladyboy.
But if they spend money on an account, they'll be able to buy one less bitcoin than they could've before. Maybe if Richard accepted Bitcoins...
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 11:46:11 PM

As far as I can tell there have been three allegations
1. That Bruce had something to do with mortgage fraud. He has explained that this was a misunderstanding.
2. That Bruce is involved with sex tourism. He has also said that this is not true.
3. That Bruce is involved with the mybitcoin.com hacking. He has also explained this, they were his SPONSORS and he lost money too.

I am a very good judge of character. Listening to Bruce it is clear he is honest, INNOCENT and pure of heart. These allegations are despicable, and it all seems very co-ordinated. I bet all you are secretly swapping advice on the best way to continue this horrible, unethical three-edged assault on a poor innocent man of undefiled character.

Is this Ed or Manny?

whoosh

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
DiaperedDynamo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 03:50:23 AM

As far as I can tell there have been three allegations
1. That Bruce had something to do with mortgage fraud. He has explained that this was a misunderstanding.
2. That Bruce is involved with sex tourism. He has also said that this is not true.
3. That Bruce is involved with the mybitcoin.com hacking. He has also explained this, they were his SPONSORS and he lost money too.

I am a very good judge of character. Listening to Bruce it is clear he is honest, INNOCENT and pure of heart. These allegations are despicable, and it all seems very co-ordinated. I bet all you are secretly swapping advice on the best way to continue this horrible, unethical three-edged assault on a poor innocent man of undefiled character.

Is this Ed or Manny?

whoosh
There are court records of the mortgage case, if he'd known he wouldn't be able to handle all those extra clients, he shouldn't have taken their money in the first place. The point is he's scummy and... oh wait, it was a troll post. I get it. Roll Eyes
wee baby seamus

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 03:58:44 AM

Im wondering how long it will take for mtgox to gather up the facts that are out there and make an OFFCIAL statement? Seems absurd with the overwhelming evidence. If you want to build a reputation that is based on facts then do it allready. Unless you feel the court system is somehow a hoax. This wont just fade away.

because they're all in it together

this is how scams work
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:41:28 AM

Im wondering how long it will take for mtgox to gather up the facts that are out there and make an OFFCIAL statement? Seems absurd with the overwhelming evidence. If you want to build a reputation that is based on facts then do it allready. Unless you feel the court system is somehow a hoax. This wont just fade away.

because they're all in it together

this is how scams work

Do you have any proof that Mt.Gox has ever orchestrated a scam?  That is quite a serious charge.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
modlecar

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:05:54 AM

Please read buttcoin.org - lots more out there. But it should be sufficient for you to not give this shady character another chance at representing bitcoin in any way.

"But isn't it possible that his commitment to bitcoin is sincere?" No. He is here only to scam because that is what scammers do. They scam. How hard can that be to comprehend? That is all he know. He is a weak greedy and pathetic individual. End of story. Yes we are here to make money because we believe in the protocol of bitcoin. Not in abusing it due to individuals bad judgement.

You are absolutely right! He scammed me on buybtcoin.com for $310 dollars. He is the worst person in Bitcoins. A dishonest asshole who will do anything to feed his greed. I'm sure my money bought him some little boys for the night, what a sick pedophile. Never buy from buybitcoin or bitcoinme. It is all his work.. Don't learn the hard way, I did!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: