Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minergate vs Nicehash  (Read 41958 times)
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1118

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

I use Nicehash since the beginning with .bats and command lines (since 2014, I guess), very reliable team and now with a very nice user  friendly miner program, awesome job.

aalmina82

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:06:20 AM

I use Nicehash since the beginning with .bats and command lines (since 2014, I guess), very reliable team and now with a very nice user  friendly miner program, awesome job.

I read old post, and if you can explain to me, why is nicehash better? I'm begginer  Smiley

I see the both services give money, Minergate give more opportunity for altcoin, and Nicehash just pay you in BTC, right?
marthor

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:27:58 AM

I use Nicehash since the beginning with .bats and command lines (since 2014, I guess), very reliable team and now with a very nice user  friendly miner program, awesome job.

I read old post, and if you can explain to me, why is nicehash better? I'm begginer  Smiley

I see the both services give money, Minergate give more opportunity for altcoin, and Nicehash just pay you in BTC, right?

NiceHash gives much higher hashrates. Minergate seems to give less than you'd expect from a card.
DarrenJC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:48:24 AM

Im using MinerGate at the moment but only cos im on old hardware. Once i upgrade to newer mobo, cpu/gpu... ill be hammering out NiceHash

Single GPU Miner - Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini
Still early days, aiming bigger in time
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

Nicehash seems to be getting a bad rep around here in general.  A lot of folks are stating that you are effectively paying 20% in fees vs. 2-3% if mining altcoins directly.

I have been using NiceHash Legacy since it came out and was doing about $20/day on a 6x 1080Ti rig.

A couple of weeks ago I switched to EWBF Zcash miner on that rig using nanopool, mining Zcash to my Bittrex wallet.  Earnings are about the same, maybe with a slight edge to Nicehash actually.

Never used Minergate, but given how close NiceHash is to mining altcoins directly, even with the overhead of them managing the "hash power rental allocations", it does very well from what I can tell.
aalmina82

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:01:08 PM

Nicehash seems to be getting a bad rep around here in general.  A lot of folks are stating that you are effectively paying 20% in fees vs. 2-3% if mining altcoins directly.

I have been using NiceHash Legacy since it came out and was doing about $20/day on a 6x 1080Ti rig.

A couple of weeks ago I switched to EWBF Zcash miner on that rig using nanopool, mining Zcash to my Bittrex wallet.  Earnings are about the same, maybe with a slight edge to Nicehash actually.

Never used Minergate, but given how close NiceHash is to mining altcoins directly, even with the overhead of them managing the "hash power rental allocations", it does very well from what I can tell.

it is nice when you have GPU miners.  Smiley I use my CPU, off course in the future I will invest in GPU
vangend

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:35:13 PM

I used both but prefer nicehash, with minergate there was always some problem with the stats over the weekends,
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:08:08 PM

I used both but prefer nicehash, with minergate there was always some problem with the stats over the weekends,

I have a core 2 quad processor and win 8 64 bit OS but I unable to use the NiceHash software in my PC. Please suggest me what I can do correct the issue. I have recently update SW only. Whenever I click start it, It says No compatible device. If you have link for the above specs, Please share it below to use it.
LazyJones

Activity: 62

I do electrical.

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:18:43 PM

I have been pointing friends and family to nicehash for some time. Easy to setup and easy to create a simple BTC wallet for people to mine too in their spare clock cycles.

DarrenJC

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:58:43 PM

I am only 3 weeks into my mining adventure and I have binned MinerGate already. Started with it running on 2 home PC's, 2 home Laptops and 3 Android Samsung mobile phones... all together I was only pulling 190 H/s.

Now I have moved on. Upgraded my gaming PC with a Zotac GTX 1070 card and I have been running NiceHash for about 4 days now. So far so good. Ive pulled £8 in 4 days (with OC)

Going forwards, I'll be purchasing more GPU's and connecting them to NiceHash. Even further, I'll be aiming to build multi GPU rigs and pool mining. But thats a long way off at this time.

NiceHash > MinerGate.

DarrenJC

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:01:12 PM

I have a core 2 quad processor and win 8 64 bit OS but I unable to use the NiceHash software in my PC. Please suggest me what I can do correct the issue. I have recently update SW only. Whenever I click start it, It says No compatible device. If you have link for the above specs, Please share it below to use it.

I had this, Tried to run NiceHash on my Core2Quad Q6600.... its not having any of it. I wouldnt CPU mine on anything lower than an i7 or Ryzen 7 and even then, I wouldnt be aiming high.

Needed a GTX 1070 card inisde my system before I could load NiceHash.

Ed1911

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:00:29 PM

Minergate versus Nicehash...

The truth? Minergate just doesn't add up.. something is "off"... my opinion of course.

I started out with minergate about a month ago... 2 I7's, 1 I5, and a Ryzen 1700 plus a 1070, 1080 and an RX580

4 days of eth & monero got me approx $7.10

I turned the GPU's alone (no cpu's being used on nicehash) and did the same amount in about a day an a half on Nicehash. Nicehash outperformed minergate so much that I invested in 2 rigs, and am now pulling $25+ a day out of nicehash.

Something is just off... same set up, same electricity being used... completely different results. Its almost like my set up on minergate had some hashing power siphoned off.. like I was running 70% versus 100% of my hashrate being paid for on nicehash.

Another thing to consider is that Minergate built/owns?/is affiliated with changelly, their exchange, wherein you can exchange your altcoin for others, or btc... there is of course a fee. By the time you add up these fees, the miner gate pool fees, etc.. the 4% I pay nicehash to put my btc in my non nicehash wallet is bargain.

Lastly... as far as all of my computers are concerned? Minergate is a virus.. and it did constantly have to be uninstalled, and reuploaded to work. On one computer, it refuses to uninstall.. and I had to literally quarantine it finally. Minergate would start mining on my laptop, and I would have to manually make it stop. It did this several times. Nicehash? Not even a blip.. if you have nvidia cards, its was a simple download, benchmark, set up your wallet and start the miner.

Phantoms001

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:57:51 PM

You should also check out winminer.  I found this to be a lot better than nicehash.  I can cash out when I want to bitcoin, lite coin, eth, or paypal with the click of a button.
b20lopez

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:47:46 PM

Go for nice hash. Much higher profit
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

Go for other pool.  Much higher profit
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:58:10 PM

Go for other pool.  Much higher profit

I am looking to mine with the Nice hash with the multiple GPU cards with the two rigs buddy. There are no need to do the any additional work like connecting to the different pool or any works.
Please tell me What about the difference amount you can make with the Nice hash and other mining software like Claymore or bitminter.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:25:30 PM

Yaa I like NiceHash.
NiceHash Miner is a free desktop software that combines different algorithms for mining crypto-currencies and allowing transactions between them.

Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:56:19 PM

I have never tried minergate, so cant tell. As for nicehash, i have very positive experience. They may not pay the most, but they are rock solid and you get paid in btc, so no hussle and fees converting. Pretty much set and forget.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

I also like nicehash. They are convenient in that their software works automatically and does not cause any inconvenience. But lately they constantly spread not thorough software. I have often used the old software. But perhaps this is due to the fact that I don't know how to set up a new. I used to set enable and forget.
StreakW

Activity: 1222
Merit: 109

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:59:08 PM

If you compare this two miner software which one do you guys prefer and why. Wanna run this software on older desktop pc and laptop. My wife already run Minergate on newer laptop but so far I don't know the difference between this two programs.
i dont know about nice hash, i only use minergate. that great software if u a have good spec laptop
but make sure u calculated the electricity , internet etc to see how many net profit u get

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: