Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OC in windows, use settings in Linux?  (Read 773 times)
metallicaband (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:14:11 PM

Hello all,

I'm totally new to the linux scene and recently installed Ubuntu 11.04. I have Win7 64-bit on the same machine as well.

My question is, if I overclocked my GPU via windows 7 since there are so many applications to do that there, will the settings remain the same when restarting and booting into Ubuntu? If that's possible, will it be alright to switch the GPU to a totally separate machine with a different motherboard?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doomy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:15:55 PM

Your OC would reset on reboot, but you can burn a new bios with those settings if they are stable. Make sure Linux uses the proper fan controls or you'd overheat.
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:23:15 PM

Hello all,

I'm totally new to the linux scene and recently installed Ubuntu 11.04. I have Win7 64-bit on the same machine as well.

My question is, if I overclocked my GPU via windows 7 since there are so many applications to do that there, will the settings remain the same when restarting and booting into Ubuntu? If that's possible, will it be alright to switch the GPU to a totally separate machine with a different motherboard?

User Radeon Bios Editor to set those values, though also be sure to back up your current BIOS first.

www.techpowerup.com/rbe/

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: