Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GetGemz was it a 1.2 Million USD ICO scam? or is there some hope for gg owners?  (Read 4738 times)
realistic1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

Too bad GetGems didn't work out. The concept had elements that remain valid and interesting. I'm certain it wasn't intended as a scam. However, once it began to fail, there was a troubling lack of transparency and very possibly a major conflict of interest.

Intended as a scam or otherwise there is clear precedence for legal action. Throughout the initial  development of Paykey Daniel Pelegrín issued statements saying that Paykey was developed by GetGems. Perhaps I am jumping the gun and GetGems adopters will be rewarded on launch of Paykey. Paykey is still under development after all.

The truth is these guys knew exactly what they were doing. They made every legal point work for them. That's why they made some huge worded disclaimer about what tokens are.....and the big thing they aren't is any claim on the company. Token are a very narrow product, they knew that.

The lesson to learn of if you ever hear of a token sale....run a mile, a token doesn't mean you own anything and can move on and make your token obsolete anytime they want. That's why this Israeli guy is doing another token sale on his trading platform sale. If successful you know he will charge people or get banks seed money etc. Token holders will be frozen out.

Also don't trust coins that seek seed capital, it looks great, free money right? But it always comes at the price of handing over something to them. Ripple is bullshit, go make money trading it, but it's not crypto, it's banks using crypto to do the same shit they always do, screw everyone.

If I was king I would hang them....but I'm not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:45:46 PM

This is why I respect XEM... Huge free distribution and some additional distribution that didn't cost much. The team continued to work on it despite languishing prices for a long time and plenty of people had time to get in low so you can't really call it a premined scam.

It's as good as ripe but not centrally controlled with huge supply lockups.
realistic1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:55:57 PM

This is why I respect XEM... Huge free distribution and some additional distribution that didn't cost much. The team continued to work on it despite languishing prices for a long time and plenty of people had time to get in low so you can't really call it a premined scam.

It's as good as ripe but not centrally controlled with huge supply lockups.

Never been a huge fan of NEM, I got a stake and sold it like an idiot doh! I never liked the equality ideas that bordered on communism from the first developer that eventually got caught scamming and was kicked out.

BUT As long as a coin has a hard cap, and is decentralised and is not controlled by any one entity then I dont have a problem with it. Compared to ETH and Ripple it ticks my boxes.
kame

Activity: 324

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:22:29 AM

seems one of the getgemz group is back with

coindash ICO ....

No way. if the one is Daniel, Getgems holders will not accept the ICO. And again some of the team members photos are with sun glasses on.  Cool

another BTC collect and "dash" away ICO?

guess our
GetGems ICO money is used for this scam ICO as for their fuel, drives me nuts.

Well what is going on with Paykey now? 

Daniel, in reading, please update<g>.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:01:13 PM

They are behind KIK upcoming token as advisors, just in case you guys would want to know what they are up to.

https://kin.kik.com/

Our Lead Advisors:
CoinTree
Uriel Peled
Co-Founder and CEO

https://cointree.capital/

Daniel Peled (CRO)
Head of CoinTree's investment Committee. Co-Founder and CEO at PayKey, an Israeli Fintech startup with investors such as MasterCard and Santander InnoVentures. Veteran member of the Israeli Bitcoin community and the first person in Israel to ICO a blockchain company. Holds Masters in law and Bachelors in economics, Captain in the IDF EOD unit.
kame

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:42:52 AM

They are behind KIK upcoming token as advisors, just in case you guys would want to know what they are up to.

Our Lead Advisors:
CoinTree
Uriel Peled
Co-Founder and CEO

Daniel Peled (CRO)
Head of CoinTree's investment Committee. Co-Founder and CEO at PayKey, an Israeli Fintech startup with investors such as MasterCard and Santander InnoVentures. Veteran member of the Israeli Bitcoin community and the first person in Israel to ICO a blockchain company. Holds Masters in law and Bachelors in economics, Captain in the IDF EOD unit.

Daniel addded his profile "Captain in the IDF EOD unit". In Islael IT society, everybody relating to army units. I know plenty of them. I may ask some of them to spank his bamp!!

Scammer is escaping to there well penciled.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:30:01 PM

I held Gemz once a very long time ago and I even made some profit but I've always followed their threads after accusations and concerns started to arise. I honestly don't understand how it came to that situation and I'm not even sure if the project is active because there was no official statement as far as I know, I do know there is no active market.

Can any of you guys (early investors, holders, etc) know what's the current status of the project? The site and app are still online.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:39:53 AM

Our Lead Advisors:
CoinTree
Uriel Peled
Co-Founder and CEO

Daniel Peled (CRO)

very interesting indeed.... scammers and crypto ..once they get a taste for it they find it hard to leave.

kame

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:51:16 AM

Our Lead Advisors:
CoinTree
Uriel Peled
Co-Founder and CEO

Daniel Peled (CRO)

very interesting indeed.... scammers and crypto ..once they get a taste for it they find it hard to leave.

I just did few google and found paykey obtained some bank customers. what a surprise IBM is listing as a solution of Paykey.

Daniel is not mentioning GetGems in his profile. He knows this is pain in the neck in his carrier. We will not tolerate.

Number 1

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:57:20 AM

Case against Peled the alleged Getgems scammer https://twitter.com/tocryptopia/status/989431321796657152
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: