Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon will ship 290 units by tomorrow, correct?  (Read 9358 times)
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:17:56 AM

Since he didn't say squat, I assume he's just torturing Batch 1 just to surprise the customers.. Kinda like how Satoshi dice 0 will scare you with a monkey.

https://i.imgur.com/KzY4tPF.jpg  Wink

other companies also have pretty housings... http://mineforeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/EndOfWorkRoom1andTheDoublePowerSupply.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:19:17 AM

also - didn't you receive the email?

"Clear for take off, abide a week late.

Deadline has arrived so an update is in order, earlier this week the shipping problem is more or less solved and we are gearing up to dispatch the units, due to the week of delay from before compounded with lingering issues with the recovery from CNY the outlook for shipping time-frames are the following:

Starting from next Monday, units will be en route to their country of destination and tracking numbers will follow maybe 2~3 days after (it is at this point onward which you can expect an email from us with the tracking information), we expect this process to continue to the 10th of March until all the units have been shipped out, if all is well people will get their units in-hand in the middle of March.

Trade-In Situation
After much thought, we believe we have figured out the best system for Trade-Ins that will allow people to continue to mine with their FPGA as long as possible yet still able to get their ASIC on the second batch on time. The process will work as follows:

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Other Fun News
This scheduled newsletter had failed because we surpassed the free 2000 MailChimp quota and manual action was required.
Christmas comes early this year. The present we got was the BFL March 1st bet earnings.
Looking back, it was not terribly surprising that failure and delay comes from the only thing not taken cared in-house, Shipping.
Lessons learned. Batch #2 process will have improvements, minor design adjustments and other goodies."

thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:20:14 AM

w00t.  Now if only they had wings so they could fly to their destinations.
[/quote]

REDBULL can fix IT Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

This scheduled newsletter had failed because we surpassed the free 2000 MailChimp quota and manual action was required.

Amazing!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

OK, we can pretty sure that they did not ship 50+ miner one month ago. Yifu seems was lying about the shipping status.

Dishonesty seems to be a pre-requisite for ASIC vendors...unfortunately.

Actually he said they were *attempting* to ship 53 units.  It appears that the attempt was unsuccessful.

I count 24 units in that pic.  I hope you guys have more than that.

I hope that all the boxes visible in the background are filled with ready-to-ship units.

I see the unboxed units have their wifi antennas attached.  I hope this doesn't cause any Customs issues (they're funny about radio transmitters sometimes).

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 10:02:41 PM

OK, we can pretty sure that they did not ship 50+ miner one month ago. Yifu seems was lying about the shipping status.

Dishonesty seems to be a pre-requisite for ASIC vendors...unfortunately.

Actually he said they were *attempting* to ship 53 units.  It appears that the attempt was unsuccessful.

I count 24 units in that pic.  I hope you guys have more than that.

I hope that all the boxes visible in the background are filled with ready-to-ship units.

I see the unboxed units have their wifi antennas attached.  I hope this doesn't cause any Customs issues (they're funny about radio transmitters sometimes).

Proof of the attempt:

SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:06:05 PM

I missed that... I guess the part missing in the picture is also the power cords attached and the machines running on a test net, the cables nicely hidden from sight.

nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:37:48 AM

Starting from next Monday, units will be en route to their country of destination and tracking numbers will follow maybe 2~3 days after (it is at this point onward which you can expect an email from us with the tracking information), we expect this process to continue to the 10th of March until all the units have been shipped out, if all is well people will get their units in-hand in the middle of March.

Claimed ship date: January
Real ship date: March
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:50:48 AM

Real ship date:  March

Avalon:
Claimed ship date: January 2013
Real ship date:  January, February, March 2013

BFL:
Claimed ship date: October 2012
Real ship date: October, November, December, January, February,March 2013 (We hope!)
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:58:58 AM

Real ship date:  March

Avalon:
Claimed ship date: January 2013
Real ship date:  January, February, March 2013

BFL:
Claimed ship date: ----
Real ship date: ----

FTFY. BFL did not claim that they shipped.

Avalon said they shipped in January.

We shipped

You may be confused by promised ship dates, but promises don't mean shit these days.
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 07:09:25 AM

BFL will become a drama - wait until the units wouldn't even be profitable any more if you had them now.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:03:03 AM

You may be confused by promised ship dates, but promises don't mean shit these days.
Double standard, I see that you allow BFL to get away with a repeating 130+ day "shipping soon..later this year or the next" but don't give the same treatment to Avalon if they do the same for...all of 8 days. (When their first unit shipped after the appointed time.)

-------------------------

Now if you want to hold a double standard for mass shipping I'd be willing to hear you out. Then again, Avalon is the only one that actually shipped any units.

BFL is still (yes still) working on it.

Today passed by and there was no word if the chip exploded at 500Mhz or if it pushed into the 1.1GigaHertz range successfully.

I guess no one noticed?
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 08:02:35 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if by March 10th, 2013, Yifu would send all 600 Units :3? One can dream.
I have my order at half of the batch and I think I will be lucky if I receive it by the firsts of April. I think that the worst case scenario is 20ths of April.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if by March 10th, 2013, Yifu would send all 600 Units :3? One can dream.

Myself, I wanna enjoy some easy mining with my batch 1 unit before batch 2 lands right away to pwn up more shares.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:50:06 AM

Proof of the attempt:

Damn, I had heard UPS was going through tough times, but DAMN...
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 02:32:11 PM

He could be doing just that.  Busting ass to ship 300 units by the 10th correctly. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:45:18 PM

He could be doing just that.  Busting ass to ship 300 units by the 10th correctly. 

I can only hope.

Ship all units for great justice.

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:26:38 PM

I can only hope.

It won't happen... We will see batch 2 mid April.
I don't think to be pessimist, why do everyone here think they will become rich fast? (Irony!)

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 06:44:26 PM

I can only hope.

I don't think to be pessimist, why do everyone here think they will become rich fast? (Irony!)

Just like I don't know, you don't either.  So why not just wait and see what happens rather and throwing salt over and over again?   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:05:18 PM

I can only hope.

Just like I don't know, you don't either.  So why not just wait and see what happens rather and throwing salt over and over again?   
Because while I have a big batch 2 order I don't act like everyone else here. I'm realist.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: