Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would anyone buy this DAO crap?  (Read 6414 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:36:39 AM

This is the big #2 proposal that is driving DAO lemmings-jump-off-the-cliff-and-drown-in-the-sea mass suicide.

It's almost impossible to exaggerate how retarded this is...
Or how blockchain unsuitable maintaining fleets of cars is (why stop here, let's manage an airline with Solidity code).

Would you put someone you care about into this contraption?

And as for the claims of instant profits, sorry, no free lunch...
You can withdraw your ETH at 100 DAO per ETH... if you paid 1.5 ETH per 100 you will take a 50% loss.

I suspect that >>> 50% of the DAO investments will be pulled out within weeks...
But the SuperBubble masters will have succeded in popping ETH by 50% in the last month.

Please note that all that heavy buying... is matched by heavy selling and profit taking.

What, in the blue fuck, is that? Dammit people, the blockchain can't solve every fucking thing. That's a toy as far as I'm concerned, pardon my ignorance if I have failed to see the use case for a robotic power wheel.

There are too many vastly superior companies making autonomous EVs. And a blockchain is wholly unnecessary, why does there need to be a ledger of the rentals?

Do you care who rented the red box end before you did? Do the shareholders care? Does anyone honestly care?

You guys don't see the full potential of the blockchain. Anyone could create an autonomous organization of self driving cars when the technology will be ready. You would use such car to go from point A to point B and pay it. Then, the car could charge or fuel back itself, and if it made profit even buy another car to add to "its" fleet (or expand the general fleet, depending on the code).

Another example of autonomous organization could be a email spamming system. Corporation would use such AO to advertise themselve, and the AO i don't know with what kind of algorithm, would provide the service.

I don't know how can someone stay that long on the forum of bitcoin and so the blockchain technology, without first being interested in the technology and then passionated about its possibilities.

Well said.

The fact is, the reprobate specimens who frequent this forum are mostly scammers and promoters of fake and broken shitcoins,  it's natural that they would act in a churlish manner towards a crypto with genuine application in the real world.  The fucking tossers should get in the fucking sea

Before I jump overboard, let me say uber is testing autonomous evs as we speak, sans blockchain. Teslas latest offering is also of the same vein. No company in this space has the r and d or capital expenditure to compete with either of these behemoths.

Blockchains are publically verifiable ledgers. If you don't really need a public ledger, you don't need a blockchain.

If the technology existed (these vehicles), I could simply call up an agent that owns these vehicles, rent the same fleet with my credit card, and flirt merrily from point A to point B. After which the car could return to its point of origin, or blow up, I give a wit either way. Simply trying to convey there are myriad more mundane and recognized technologies that don't need to be developed in order to do this. Some of the use cases seem almost a stretch to implement blockchain technology.

It's not that I'm not passionate about what bitcoin means to the future. It's just tempered with practicality.

Also, from experience, you don't want code spending money for you. You want code to indicate to you how or when you should spend your money. So that you can weigh variables outside the code, and use your intuition to decide.

Oh yeah. That swim.

splash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:44:01 AM

This is the big #2 proposal that is driving DAO lemmings-jump-off-the-cliff-and-drown-in-the-sea mass suicide.

Or how blockchain unsuitable maintaining fleets of cars is (why stop here, let's manage an airline with Solidity code).

You can withdraw your ETH at 100 DAO per ETH... if you paid 1.5 ETH per 100 you will take a 50% loss.

I suspect that >>> 50% of the DAO investments will be pulled out within weeks...
But the SuperBubble masters will have succeded in popping ETH by 50% in the last month.

Please note that all that heavy buying... is matched by heavy selling and profit taking.

What, in the blue fuck, is that? Dammit people, the blockchain can't solve every fucking thing. That's a toy as far as I'm concerned, pardon my ignorance if I have failed to see the use case for a robotic power wheel.

There are too many vastly superior companies making autonomous EVs. And a blockchain is wholly unnecessary, why does there need to be a ledger of the rentals?

Do you care who rented the red box end before you did? Do the shareholders care? Does anyone honestly care?

You guys don't see the full potential of the blockchain. Anyone could create an autonomous organization of self driving cars when the technology will be ready. You would use such car to go from point A to point B and pay it. Then, the car could charge or fuel back itself, and if it made profit even buy another car to add to "its" fleet (or expand the general fleet, depending on the code).

Another example of autonomous organization could be a email spamming system. Corporation would use such AO to advertise themselve, and the AO i don't know with what kind of algorithm, would provide the service.

I don't know how can someone stay that long on the forum of bitcoin and so the blockchain technology, without first being interested in the technology and then passionated about its possibilities.

Well said.

The fact is, the reprobate specimens who frequent this forum are mostly scammers and promoters of fake and broken shitcoins,  it's natural that they would act in a churlish manner towards a crypto with genuine application in the real world.  The fucking tossers should get in the fucking sea

Before I jump overboard, let me say uber is testing autonomous evs as we speak, sans blockchain. Teslas latest offering is also of the same vein. No company in this space has the r and d or capital expenditure to compete with either of these behemoths.

Blockchains are publically verifiable ledgers. If you don't really need a public ledger, you don't need a blockchain.

If the technology existed (these vehicles), I could simply call up an agent that owns these vehicles, rent the same fleet with my credit card, and flirt merrily from point A to point B. After which the car could return to its point of origin, or blow up, I give a wit either way. Simply trying to convey there are myriad more mundane and recognized technologies that don't need to be developed in order to do this. Some of the use cases seem almost a stretch to implement blockchain technology.

It's not that I'm not passionate about what bitcoin means to the future. It's just tempered with practicality.

Also, from experience, you don't want code spending money for you. You want code to indicate to you how or when you should spend your money. So that you can weigh variables outside the code, and use your intuition to decide.

Oh yeah. That swim.

splash

"Anyone" could become the next Apple.
"Anyone" could become the next Google.
"Anyone" could make millions of dollars.
"Anyone" could build the next best crypto currency.

Surely it is impossible that a alt coin is useful and taking off - surely impossible that the development team are actually developing and pursuing to take a chunk out of a trillion+ dollar industry?

The internet will never take off, what a bubble - what a bust.

Don't kid yourself while I love Bitcoin Yahoo is still valued more - I mean who uses Yahoo right? Yet Bitcoin is still pretty big sitting at 7 billion.

The potential for Ethereum to grow the size of Bitcoin is very real.

Bitcoin is just used by criminals remember?  Tongue
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:51:09 AM

Doesn't matter to these investors as profit taking is the whole idea now.
What could go wrong though is if this DAO will eventually make its way up like how ETH is doing. BTC would be left behind if it weren't because of the halving that users are waiting. But lets wait after all profit taking is the game.

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:18:21 AM

Anyone "could" become one of these great things, but few people will. The ability to do a thing does not confer the prowess to see that thing through. Most businesses fail, the reason for this is that they are mismanaged. Not that the initial idea was poor in any way. Business is a degree for a reason.

Ethereum is a wonderful idea. I have never said otherwise. I just don't think the idea of a Corp that functions independent of a trained director or board is a good idea. Also, unless the blockchain is about to grow legs and arms to sign some contracts and pay some bills, you will need human actors to perform real world functions, and oracles to report binary outcomes back to the blockchain. Human actors are subject to fail. We aren't even talking about coercion or subversion.

To me, the DAO only seems to provide a more elegant form of voting rights in a Corp. A token is a share, with voting rights. What else does this token do besides that? Despite all the innovation that eth may provide once it's potential is fully realized, this token is a tradeable voting share of a company that's on a public, verifiable ledger.  

Kinda like a stock.

Which makes this a security.

An illegal security, as it is not regulated by the SEC.

Yahoo is still crazy popular outside the States, btw.
eca.sh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:29:49 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 07:49:19 AM by eca.sh

Who decides how and which issues are organized and presented to the voters; and is that influence effectively centralized control?

The algorithm does. Any token holder can submit a proposal and open proposals are displayed in descending order by the amount of deposit paid.

To release the agreed bounty, a quorum of neophyte investors will vote to on whether the pull request submitted by the contracted programmer meets the requirements of the specification we originally approved by a prior vote? We will not depend on any experts to advise us? This will magically all coordinate itself in a decentralized manner without any de facto leaders emerging?

Whomever designed the DAO doesn't comprehend the how and why politics doesn't work.

“An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.” — Lazarus Long

“A Snail: Monero built with decentralized donations.” — SOMAcoin

You asked one question, and I answered it. Now you are asking another question, which unfortunately can not be answered in an objective manner because the answer lies not in code but in speculation about future events.

You did not answer my question. You've written that there is a decentralized protocol for slotting presumably funding decisions on a decentralized ballot. Thank you for that information.

Your answer does not explain “who decides how ... issues are organized”. I clarified that such a decentralized ballot process can't organize issues, because the crowd is by definition an abrogation of the inexorable march towards increasing maximum-division-of-labor. That is just factoring in the divergence of lack of focused expertise in a decentralized ballot process. Add to that the knowledge from history from which follows the insight that politics diverges towards the most inefficient process possible.

Contrast a DAO with a DVCS open source project in which peered experts collaborate in a decentralized process; which is the only known convergent positive scaling rule for software development structure. DVCS open source development is a viable decentralized process. Voting is not, because it requires a centralized management structure.

You asked one question, and I answered it. Now you are asking another question, which unfortunately can not be answered in an objective manner because the answer lies not in code but in speculation about future events.

Huh ? What is wrong with you man. You can't foretell the future ?

The solid as granite understanding that politics divergences from optimum outcomes does not require any crystal ball.

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.” — George Santayana
eca.sh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:41:52 AM

I just don't think the idea of a Corp that functions independent of a trained director or board is a good idea.

To me, the DAO only seems to provide a more elegant form of voting rights in a Corp. A token is a share, with voting rights. What else does this token do besides that? Despite all the innovation that eth may provide once it's potential is fully realized, this token is a tradeable voting share of a company that's on a public, verifiable ledger.  

Kinda like a stock.

Which makes this a security.

An illegal security, as it is not regulated by the SEC.

It seems logical that since the voters can't actually perform the expertise of a skilled manager, the DAO is structurally indistinguishable from an electronic voting technology implementing the traditional corporate management structure. Otherwise without corporate management structure, the chaos and failure of a divergent unmanaged, disorganized, inept structure.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:51:27 AM

Your answer does not explain “who decides how ... issues are organized”.

I described the only mechanism that exists for the resources of The DAO to be mobilized.

I clarified that such a decentralized ballot process can't organize issues

Then in your opinion, issues will not be organized by The DAO, because no other mechanism exists.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:54:02 AM

... And why not buying this DAO

https://youtu.be/ePwdFUrcS5M

http://www.avalon-life-prelaunch.com

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:14:34 AM

Oh yeah. That swim.

splash

First of all, private blockchain exists, they don't have to be all publicaly verifiable ledger.

There in your uber or tesla example, it would be incredibly more expensive to use such cars than one provided by an autonomous organization (please do not mistake it with a DAO) because of centralization, it's like comparing actual credit card fees and bitcoin fees. Moreover, in this case no code spend money for you, car choose through their code how they need and want to spend money, this is the whole point of an AO, no human needs)
Who decides how and which issues are organized and presented to the voters; and is that influence effectively centralized control?

The algorithm does. Any token holder can submit a proposal and open proposals are displayed in descending order by the amount of deposit paid.

To release the agreed bounty, a quorum of neophyte investors will vote to on whether the pull request submitted by the contracted programmer meets the requirements of the specification we originally approved by a prior vote? We will not depend on any experts to advise us? This will magically all coordinate itself in a decentralized manner without any de facto leaders emerging?

Whomever designed the DAO doesn't comprehend the how and why politics doesn't work.

“An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.” — Lazarus Long

“A Snail: Monero built with decentralized donations.” — SOMAcoin

You are right Eca.sh aca Shelby, and this subject of political game has already been discussed on the Daoslack. It will be very interesting to see how the dao works in the future.
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:15:16 AM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

When someone presents you with a rap video and then says "give me millions of dollars", that might be a red flag.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:59:20 PM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

When someone presents you with a rap video and then says "give me millions of dollars", that might be a red flag.

Lol, I finally clicked through to play that video. When I heard a pending bass drop, I knew what I was in for.

I'd invest in the company that sold them that beat.

Usually rappers tells us about their massive fortunes, not solicit them from us   Grin
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:44:54 PM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

some muppet is trying to pull a fast one by using the DAO momentum to disguise his cheap multi-level marketing scheme.

What a twat. Roll Eyes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 04:26:59 PM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

some muppet is trying to pull a fast one by using the DAO momentum to disguise his cheap multi-level marketing scheme.

What a twat. Roll Eyes

I now go and create a  PAO

ponzi auto org

Anyone interested?

Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:36:33 PM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

In the DAO, we can vote not to give the people the money if we think there is no hope to get our money back.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 04:45:06 PM

What the fk is this?

daodaodaodao

In the DAO, we can vote not to give the people the money if we think there is no hope to get our money back.

Great. Then nobody will invest, since this risk is latent..... As expected daodaodaodoaooo

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:51:34 PM

Many people are complaining to this kind of altcoin but never see any potencial of this coin and i think there's no grow for this coin..
I will stay at cbx..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:03:59 PM

Many people are complaining to this kind of altcoin but never see any potencial of this coin and i think there's no grow for this coin..
I will stay at cbx..

I'm going to need an English translation of that.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:33:02 PM

I will stay at cbx..

Sig spammer who is also spamming something called CBX
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:06:24 AM

I will stay at cbx..

Sig spammer who is also spamming something called CBX

So probably a DAO investor then...

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:54:50 AM

I will stay at cbx..

Eth has great potential. Just not right now, as an investment, because you would be buying into a peak. Also, there are governance concerns. Not for eth, for the DAO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: