February 26, 2013, 05:09:12 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 04:55:09 AM by Arvicco

gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 05:12:02 PM

What assures that I'll get the 0.4 BTC from you after paying the 40000 XRP?

lennox

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:06:48 PM

I'll try it!
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:18:43 PM

Hi Newbies ,
if you trade inside the Ripple Trade System you do not have to Trust anybody to fulfill his promises.
I may even say you would get a little more than 0.4 BTC. I did.

Greetings

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 06:19:50 PM

Letting everyone know I got paid for what I sent.

lennox

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:21:42 PM

Hi Newbies ,
if you trade inside the Ripple Trade System you do not have to Trust anybody to fulfill his promises.

Greetings

What is the Ripple Trade System?
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:28:24 PM

Hi Newbies ,

Greetings

What is the Ripple Trade System?

If you trust a ripple gateway you can trade your ripples in under the advanced tab under trade. There you have to fill the address of the gateway and then you can set orders.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:38:50 PM

That's correct, you can try to sell your XRP inside Ripple system, but you'll get paid with BTC IOUs, not real BTCs. So you'll have to figure out how to get it out of the system: gateways, trust and stuff. This is not very straightforward, but if you want to play with Ripple, by all means do so.

What I'm offering is a straightforward buy-in program. You get actual BTC to your wallet real fast.

It's not that hard. After you got your BTC IOUs , you can create or login in your Gateway Account ( Bitstamp or Weexchange) get a Ripple Deposit Address and then Send your BTC IOUs to them. From there they are real Bitcoins again ;-)

I cannot get my head around the fact people are paying BTC for a Transaction Currency who is meant to be used up in Creditlines. Ridiculous.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 06:46:36 PM

I just sent you close to 40k RXP. I hope you come through with your part of the deal.

EDIT: Arvicco came through with his part of the deal. I got the BTC.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Anormalname

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

I cannot get my head around the fact people are paying BTC for a Transaction Currency who is meant to be used up in Creditlines. Ridiculous.

Why not? I'm experimenting with it, so I'm willing to spend a bit of BTC to see how it works on a bigger scale. On the other hand, once the novelty effect wears off, there is no guarantee that anyone will be willing to pay BTC for this play money. So, now may be the best time to sell it while it lasts...  Wink

I agree with this. He's been legit with everyones deal and he just wants to experiment, so why bother him?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:02:31 AM

Sent XRP.  Just to let you guys know, Ripple won't let you send the entire 40K if that's all you have.  It will let you send 39,800.  Leaving you with 199.9999.  Just a heads up for anyone planning to do this.

[Edit] Arvicco promptly sent promised BTC approx 10 minutes later.  Man of his word.  Thanks, Arvicco.  I'd love to read about your findings/research once your done.  All these systems intrigue me, but the people who can manipulate them to their benefit intrigue me more.

Community > Devs
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 07:11:11 AM

i just posted my ripple address, let's hope for the bot.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 03:41:33 PM

Thanks, Arvicco!  I got my BTC, and I hope you enjoy the XRP.

To anyone else, getting the XRP took about a day.  Arvicco responded very fast and helped me figure out what my real Ripple address was when I made a mistake at first.  Ripple wouldn't let me send the last 200 of my XRP, so I got 0.398 BTC.

D35TR0Y3R

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:35:05 PM

Hmm. As soon as I get out of this newbie forum, I'll go for it. It's kind of annoying, since I've been lurking this forum for quite a long time, but never posted anything, so I never made an account

Update: Hi everyone, just to let you guys know that I hacked this account and removed all the negative trust, I've dealt with that scumbag hacker-wannabe extortionist I rooted his fucking machine and stole every last bitcent. I will be in contact with those that he has defrauded and you will be reimbursed fully BM-2D8oHJRsGqH82FDAC2eTEtVmeN7TAVmNBP the1 trojan
Moshi

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

Made a transaction with Arvicco yesterday - his ~0.8 BTC for my 79,800 RPX. Went smoothly, and everyone's happy.
rizzla

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:09:53 PM

Just completed a smooth transaction with Arvicco. +1
nellybear

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:15:42 PM

Warning: this only works if your Bitcointalk account is older than 2013-02-19.

Why's this? After lurking for several months I only signed up today Cry
debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:20:24 PM

It's not Arvicco's stipulation it's the age limit imposed on the Ripple giveaway. It is to prevent people creating accounts just to amass Ripples.
nellybear

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:24:32 PM

It's not Arvicco's stipulation it's the age limit imposed on the Ripple giveaway. It is to prevent people creating accounts just to amass Ripples.

Ah OK, that's a shame.  Is there any other way to acquire them at this stage?  ALSO, what happens to them as they get spent in transactions (1 XRP per transaction iirc?), do they simply vanish entirely?
nellybear

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:34:57 PM

Is there any other way to acquire them at this stage?  ALSO, what happens to them as they get spent in transactions (1 XRP per transaction iirc?), do they simply vanish entirely?

From what I understand, XRP are given out in the millions to Ripple developers and people connected to OpenCoin. There are other public giveaways planned as well, but no one knows with certainty where and when.

100 billion XRP are in hands of OpenCoin right now, and they control the protocol for their creation and destruction. So, its hard to say how it will all play out in the end.

It's all a bit too closed for my liking.  The founders have donated 80 billion to OpenCoin - already there's alarm bells - they're keeping back a 20% stake of an entire economy for themselves?!

And then OpenCoin doesn't have a simple or fair way to share out the XRP, nor have they even pledged to distribute all of it, and yet there are even a couple of active gateways in place already?  How come I, for example, can't just go ahead and open mine?  It all seems stacked against the eventual users, which is a real shame as the overall concept is nothing short of brilliant.

Like with the founders of certain Bitcoin clones, I think their greed may be their undoing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: