Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:00:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainstorming  (Read 449 times)
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 05:12:33 AM by wasserman99

Hello,

I was very hesitant whether to open this thread. I'm working on a new project for a long time. In this thread I do not want to disclose any information specifically on it but I would like to share two questions.

1)   As it is obvious, since we face a large-scale project and we will need to make a crowdfunding to get the money. But given our approach it seems unfair distributing 100% of the coins in the crowdfunding. So I was thinking about distribute 70% of the coin on the crowdfunding and 30% which will be a mineable (PoW). Thus the allocation would be fairer and would not be in a few hands.

2)   It is true that we need money but do not really need thousands of btc to carry out our project. I do not judge other projects but can be generated two problems, first, an undue enrichment of the creators and, on the other hand, the first investors will not see more gains (or will be more difficult). Going to the point I was thinking of putting a limit for the project. I will not say how since it is not making public the announcement yet but will be less than the current ICO´s. Think that put a cap is good or we are wrong and would be better an unlimited crowdfunding?

This thread is to discuss these points, anyone is invited.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:06:30 PM

Ok, I'm just brainstroming here, it's most likely a garbage idea, but anyways:

If you are worried about distribution and want to implement a cap anyway, you could create some kind of daily or weekly cap, with some kind of background checks or a lottery system. Let's say, you want to have a maximum of 400 BTC and your ICO is supposed to be held for 4 weeks, that's 28 days. So, you could either implement a 14,29 BTC cap per day, a 100 BTC cap per week, or some kind of increasing system, with a 5 BTC cap first and so on.

You could combine this with a maximum amount that can be purchased per user.

This, combined with either a background check (Mail adresses, IP adresses, BCT accounts, whatever) or a lottery system (you register, if you "win" you are allowed to buy an amount you chose to buy with your registration) would decrease (although by no means stop) the likelyhood of few individuals buying uncomfortably big chunks.

Of course, you will always have those who a re able to game the system, there is no denying that. All you can do is to make it as hard as possible for them.

PS.: You need a more specific thread title Smiley
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:15:06 PM

Ask yourself, if Satoshi premined 70% of Bitcoin and then flopped the rest out for the peons to mine, would Bitcoin be worth anything whatsoever right now? no.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Ya-ing

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:30:02 PM

A high premine (as the one you suggest) is always seen as suspicious by most people...

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:10:27 PM

I think selling tokens for fixed prices would be good for investors, but would lead to an unfair distribution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: