Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] I smell scam here - I think bitmarket.io is a scammer  (Read 4857 times)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 03:33:55 AM

I can say for a fact that the forum tracks IP addresses, and that the administrators can track you even if you are using tor.

I am not 100% sure about the forum tracking the IP address when a PM is sent nor am I sure about logging in to your account. There is a "privacy policy" (somewhat) posted here.

The reason for my conclusion was that theymos said that he has not seen conclusive evidence that bitmarket.io's account was hacked one way or another:
I can't find any evidence confirming or contradicting whether he sent that PM specifically.

I think we are in agreement on that.  Smiley

And, who knows, it could very well be him all along.  Meh.  I'm done with it.   Would like to get the 10BTC silver w/ Gold coin though.  (unsub)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:58:55 AM

Woot, finally I found this. My curiosity brought me here.

Seems like the issue is not resolved yet. Posting so to keep myself subscribed to this thread. Let's see where it goes.

We will see after admin reviews IP logs.

Being a new member to this forum, I know that admins are too busy to check your account for IP logs or it's agains't their privacy policy?

You're a hero member and I'm sure you too are aware of it.

Anyone that knows me knows that I never asked for money/loans and never will, especially one so small, which makes no sense.

It's not the same with everyone, it maybe less to you but not the people who offered the loan to your account. If you think that is so small, you can just pay them and solve the issue here right?

That so called small amount is nothing if has to be compared with the negativity you're receiving.
ChasingCarsEU

Activity: 154

ARgRd5YDR199ZpCs9wjtjhxfDzN6vpDHq6

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:03:18 PM

Who cares if he'd scam for a measly $75 or not ?

Unless he repays the $75 it's all his fault. It's your fault for getting your account hacked and you should either pay them back or get your account exiled. Makes no sense or else we'll all start getting hacked soon.

CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:43:38 PM

Who cares if he'd scam for a measly $75 or not ?

Unless he repays the $75 it's all his fault. It's your fault for getting your account hacked and you should either pay them back or get your account exiled. Makes no sense or else we'll all start getting hacked soon.

That's right.

Also, getting hacked is a newbie's thing. When you're a hero member, you won't be that dumb to get your account hacked and wait until the so called hacker is already making posts asking for loans and discussing in PM without even changing the password.

Then what stopped you from stopping him? Right?
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 09:07:07 PM

Hi there guys i guess i have found something maybe it will be helpful .
The address posted by bitmarket.io in his lending thread was this :    183WRNcWtfWq46u1VvcXRSTeooBo6jFNUH right ?

I found that the wallet by which the scammer created the address have 3 other addresses - i am writing that addresses to you guys check the other ones too .

1:  1CneWwNBsvkqVVFLgVHuiUJPmeHb4UwGcN   

2;  183WRNcWtfWq46u1VvcXRSTeooBo6jFNUH

3:   13w7hrkoKeCpNh2jVxKuar3sPYKzLnnTPH   

4:  1KyYyxYPrhJgFNcp3gwR6ZhNFUy9uvKnZ2   

All above addresses are from same wallet . So it means that the owner of 183WRNcWtfWq46u1VvcXRSTeooBo6jFNUH is the owner of all the above addresses.
ThirstyMoon

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:01:49 AM

I'd like to formally ask Theymos to give additional information on what/how this might have happened in order to declare guilty/not guilty the culprit with relative certainty.

bitmarket.io is currently online and has made a thread looking for a Python developer. I'm sure if he has funds to hire a guy, he has funds to pay off what he owes.

I'm currently suffering because of this situation, because now is the time for me to pay the heating bills which are significant this year.

This is not the right place to formally propose this, but if the admins don't really take initiative/don't have resources and time to give the appropriate amount of attention to every scam made, why not make a fund (contributed by donations, signature campaigns, a small part of ad revenue, a small percentage of the scammed amount if recovered, whatever) with which a designated person will be payed for handling scams? Just a thought, if anyone is interested in this, I can make a more detailed plan.
traderbit (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 05:46:55 PM

Guys I want to update this thread that bitmarket.io has send the funds to me and accidentally he sent the funds twice to me and I'm worried about ThirstyMoon if he got the funds too so I can sent back the rest to bitmarket.io or if he hasn't received anything from him I consider that I should send the funds to ThirstyMoon !?

ThirstyMoon I have sent you a PM check it!

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 08:29:48 PM

I only sent funds to you. Didn't send anything to thirsty. Use the funds I sent you to cover his loss as well.

I want everyone scammed to get their funds back so I can bring my account back in good standing. I'm paying out of my pocket for his.

I'd also like to know how the hell my account was hacked. I had a good password. I'm guessing it was DNS poisoning.

I suggest everyone to be extremely careful when trading on this forum and not to rush anything.
ThirstyMoon

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:18:03 AM

Guys I want to update this thread that bitmarket.io has send the funds to me and accidentally he sent the funds twice to me and I'm worried about ThirstyMoon if he got the funds too so I can sent back the rest to bitmarket.io or if he hasn't received anything from him I consider that I should send the funds to ThirstyMoon !?

ThirstyMoon I have sent you a PM check it!

Haven't received anything yet. Please, send them to me whenever you can at this address: 3EXSuK43r5dtL3nP32cwmtnXM3hCZLzSjL
Palodar

Activity: 376

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:26:35 AM

I only sent funds to you. Didn't send anything to thirsty. Use the funds I sent you to cover his loss as well.

I want everyone scammed to get their funds back so I can bring my account back in good standing. I'm paying out of my pocket for his.

I'd also like to know how the hell my account was hacked. I had a good password. I'm guessing it was DNS poisoning.

I suggest everyone to be extremely careful when trading on this forum and not to rush anything.

lol. don't explain too much. just pay to your debts because it still your account responsibility. post here your TX screen shot so that this case will be closed.
i know that you're legendary account is not worth for 150$ that's why you are going to pay them. hahaha. goodluck

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
yulluxy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:18:21 AM

I do hope that traderbit didn't decide to run away with the funds: https://blockchain.info/address/1BeyxTH4JP4TYB1WUmu1XvPYhw6QTbep4L

The address has already moved the double payment to other addresses. Has thirstymoon got paid yet?
ThirstyMoon

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:43:13 AM

Haven't received the funds, because traderbit hasn't been online since before I replied/messaged him.

I want to stress that traderbit contacted me when he received the repayment of my loan by mistake (before posting on this thread). He could've just ran away without notifying anyone. It wasn't his responsibility to handle my part of the funds in the first place.

Lastly, please, don't bump this thread without a valid reason until traderbit shows up.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 07:28:43 AM

I've been in touch with him for the last week and it did take him time to respond and did notice he isn't online often.

But who knows he could be so poor that 0.16btc is a fortune to him and he ran off. Lets see what happens in another day or two.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:44:42 AM

Oh the irony, someone who complained about getting scammed turning into a scammer. It could easily have been avoided if you were more careful where you were sending funds. Maybe traderbit deserves a negative reputation until he comes back and sorts this mess out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 09:37:04 AM

I think he'll send it. No rush for negative feedback. It's only about $100. Not worth ruining your rep for $100. Just like I never would ruin my rep for $100 which is nothing in the long run. I have plans for bitmarket.io.

I also blame coinbase and their new stupid verification process when sending for the double transaction.
traderbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 10:55:46 AM

I will send now the funds to thirstymoon.

I do hope that traderbit didn't decide to run away with the funds: https://blockchain.info/address/1BeyxTH4JP4TYB1WUmu1XvPYhw6QTbep4L

The address has already moved the double payment to other addresses. Has thirstymoon got paid yet?

Get the f* out of this thread please.

Haven't received the funds, because traderbit hasn't been online since before I replied/messaged him.

I want to stress that traderbit contacted me when he received the repayment of my loan by mistake (before posting on this thread). He could've just ran away without notifying anyone. It wasn't his responsibility to handle my part of the funds in the first place.

Lastly, please, don't bump this thread without a valid reason until traderbit shows up.

Because I worry about you I haven't sent back the funds to bitmarket.io, and asked him if he has sent any funds to you and he didn't know that you were scammed too.

I've been in touch with him for the last week and it did take him time to respond and did notice he isn't online often.

But who knows he could be so poor that 0.16btc is a fortune to him and he ran off. Lets see what happens in another day or two.

I didn't expected to hear this from you, if 0.16btc is a fortune for me then I wouldn't send 'you' the funds without interest and without collateral (neither for trust for those that are hungry), consider that as a help from me.

Oh the irony, someone who complained about getting scammed turning into a scammer. It could easily have been avoided if you were more careful where you were sending funds. Maybe traderbit deserves a negative reputation until he comes back and sorts this mess out.

Get the f* out of this thread please, post somewhere else with you yobit campaign, don't stop here.

I think he'll send it. No rush for negative feedback. It's only about $100. Not worth ruining your rep for $100. Just like I never would ruin my rep for $100 which is nothing in the long run. I have plans for bitmarket.io.

I also blame coinbase and their new stupid verification process when sending for the double transaction.

I'm going to send now the funds to ThirstyMoon as I promised and insisted to pay him before I send you back any funds because I know the feeling of being scammed.

ThirstyMoon

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:08:01 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2016, 12:03:44 PM by ThirstyMoon

traderbit, I replied to your PM. Please, send what is owed to me (0.16366512 BTC) at this address: 3EXSuK43r5dtL3nP32cwmtnXM3hCZLzSjL

Edit: Received repayment. Will wait for a couple of confirmations.
tx id: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/440a8f9d3b1f163050e67a53ed1ebc1d1955da99782fa3fb40ac704c1e5eebc2

Edit 2: The payment has 3 confirmations, my part of the loan has been officially repayed as well.
traderbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 11:13:55 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

20-Aug-16 I received 2x 0.164492 BTC from bitmarket.io.

Since ThirstyMoon was scammed too, I didn't sent back the funds to bitmarket.io until I received an response from ThirstyMoon and Bitmarket.io that I should send 0.163164 BTC to ThirstyMoon.

0.163164 BTC are sent to ThirstyMoon tx id: https://blockchain.info/tx/440a8f9d3b1f163050e67a53ed1ebc1d1955da99782fa3fb40ac704c1e5eebc2

0.0011488 are the remaining on my balance, Bitmarket.io should tell me what to do with these!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.56
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJXuDuYAAoJEFwiT2oQVmZ1S9MH/3uTcBijq0KReiji2VFXche6
/7gdDBpkEXSkl9DBUyOoEr5nodxXgpDBWQsFwGpm23X/vcDXFr/wfi2md0zDBzK2
X3F3BSHPy94vLyDhwcB3KWQzJ/kxMcRH2sqqQdCFqwUSvgfiehU+rgro1uY5uj1D
f9FP6UKjgMi5D6cOfAvZQrl2ENcnTNwQVSewyHUy26nRsVadCAy797yWo1BFbjQZ
f/f5k7x1siterk8493/BygfImwjaihGxLoevU5b0h2HuhwRqGm2gQeY9CPiV4X5+
7dnajTcxlO4/Oh4X3jgxb2cUfZURdVklm3FHKPT2SXFG9nF8NO3/CiTtca6iwI8=
=j29e
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

traderbit, I replied to your PM. Please, send what is owed to me (0.16366512 BTC) at this address: 3EXSuK43r5dtL3nP32cwmtnXM3hCZLzSjL

Edit: Received repayment. Will wait for a couple of confirmations.
tx id: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/440a8f9d3b1f163050e67a53ed1ebc1d1955da99782fa3fb40ac704c1e5eebc2

Thanks for the confirmation, it will get confirmed as I paid a high fee.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:00:37 PM

Get the f* out of this thread please, post somewhere else with you yobit campaign, don't stop here.

Oh shut up you hypocrite, you're part of a sig campaign too. You disappeared for two days after receiving an over payment, you could have sent it back straight away as it was clear the debt was trying to be resolved. This whole thread stems from you trying to make a fast buck, not taking collateral on a loan and the original owner having to compensate you to get rid of negative rep.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ThirstyMoon

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:16:13 PM

"I am short a little under $75 on a purchase I would like to make, will be able to buy more btc from coinbase instantly tonight, if you want to do this let me know.
If interested, send me the $75 to: 183WRNcWtfWq46u1VvcXRSTeooBo6jFNUH
And send me a pm, and I'll repay the $85 to the exact same address that sends me the money when I am available to purchase the btc (should be tonight, less then 24 hours.)
Thanks."

Just to add - Bitmarket doesn't say thanks for anything - its not his style. Run a search of his 1400+ posts and the word 'thanks' - I count 1 occasion he uses the word "thanks" a couple of years back on a post where someone gave him some advice.

In his dealings / sales of coins / comments etc the man doesn't say thanks. So maybe he needs to work on his manners or something Tongue but when I read that post the first thing that stood out was the word 'thanks'

I remembered your post, because your statement basically proved in a way that bitmarket.io's account was hacked. Here's a message from yesterday, written by bitmarket.io:

I think he hasn't been online since I posted/messaged him.
He isn't online all the time.  I sent him coins to cover his loss, but coinbase screwed me and I sent him double. So I told him to send you the coins that you lost.

Once you receive your coins and all checks out could you please update the forum topic (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1471789.msg15965921) and let them know you received it.

Thanks!

I'd really like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: