Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR MONERO'S NEW FEATURE: Zeroday 12 Exploits!  (Read 5027 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 09:15:47 PM

God responded and sent angels to implement a new feature on XMR, "Zeroday 12 exploits."

IS IT TRUE?®

Huh

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:55:55 PM

ZeroDay exploits are extremely valuable. If you are a serious white or blackhat and interested in Cryptonote vulnerabilities please contact me directly (not through these forums). Cool

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:16:43 PM

ZeroDay exploits are extremely valuable. If you are a serious white or blackhat and interested in Cryptonote vulnerabilities please contact me directly (not through these forums). Cool

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:37:41 AM

I'm looking forward to buy monero @ 1 satoshi  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:25:36 AM

Zeroday exploits can be extremely valuable, but they're not necessarily. If you have an exploit for android or ios, sure, but if you have a zeroday exploit for os/2, probably not so much.

Given that someone was in possession of a (valuable) zeroday exploit, what purpose would it serve to run around advertising it (not to potential buyers, but just to the world at large)? Why would you want to alert your potential victims to be on the lookout for an attack and to comb over their code to try to figure out what it could be?

Finally, I don't think any zeroday exploit would be effective against a small and still mostly centrally controlled distributed database such as monero (or vcash, or even bitcoin). What happened when someone exploited a value overflow and created a billion bitcoins? Jeff Garzik was on that shit ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822.0 ) and they forked it out of existence, and nobody was even spamming the forums prior to that incident claiming that they had a zeroday exploit or twelve that they were about to unleash if anyone hurt their feelings. So, my point is, I don't think any exploit for a relatively small and centrally controlled coin is that valuable because it will be noticed relatively quickly and forked or rolled back or checkpointed out of existence.

Nice signature, btw, billotronic Cheesy
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:09:56 AM

Well long before John Connor came along with what I do not doubt is another list of deficiencies in Monero

there was a person in early 2014 that found some serious flaws in the ripped off bytecoin code that was the basis for Monero.

If memory serves me correct, this person was laughed at by the Monero devs because the hashrate needed to pull off the attack was massive, actually more than a couple of the largest altcoin pools combined.

Even after Anonymint confirmed the exploit as real, they took solace in the hashrate to protect them.

I would have loved to seen the look on the faces of Reptile, Herpetila, or whatever the King of Monero name is when strange activity starting happening in the XMR blockchain like inconsistent block generation times, massive surges of hashrate and finally the beginning formation of a side chain.

Amazingly again if memory serves me right the only thing asked for by the person who's name I can't remember was for Reptile King of Monero to acknowledge the exploit as real.

Reptile wisely did do so in order his shitcoin would live another to see another day. Additionally I heard it said that the only payment requested was that Anonymint be paid his promised BTC.

A 50 BTC payment by Reptile was refused by the person.

Of course all of this is second hand and I have no first hand knowledge.

So given exploits have been known for a while, I wouldn't test John Connor if I were you guys.

It would suck to be wrong, again.

~BCX~

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:14:01 AM

Even after Anonymint confirmed the exploit as real, they took solace in the hashrate to protect them.

No he didn't and in one of his recent posts he acknowledged that what probably happened is he unwittingly helped you spread FUD to profit by shorting the coin by being open minded about the possibility that such an exploit might exist and looking for it (openmindedness being an admirable trait on his part).

As usual you are nothing but a windbag with lies and FUD.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:37:18 AM

No he didn't and in one of his recent posts he acknowledged that what probably happened is he unwittingly helped you spread FUD to profit by shorting the coin by being open minded about the possibility that such an exploit might exist and looking for it (openmindedness being an admirable trait on his part).

As usual you are nothing but a windbag with lies and FUD.

@Mr. Smooth

Dude,

C'mon I'm only posting what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

It's not my fault Reptile King of Monero was punked beyond belief.

If I also remember right none of Monero's finest including you had the balls to take this person's 500 BTC challenge up.

I think the exploit person offered for each side to move 500 BTC in to the possession of a neutral trusted escrow and if they couldn't pull off said exploit

in clear decisive fashion, that Reptile King of Monero would keep the whole sum.

Apparently Reptile didn't have as much faith in you as you thought because he declined.

Fact is Anonymint was paid, Reptile admitted defeat in the Monero forum and exploits still exist in Monero.

Not my fault and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Again, I would think twice before pushing John Connor.

The chances are, you're wrong again.

~BCX~

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:47:16 AM

The chances are, you're wrong again.

No one was wrong before, so no one can be wrong "again". You had no exploit, only a lot of hot air and FUD. I told you to fuck off then and I'll do the same now.

Prove me wrong. Show the "coin killer" keyring exploit you claimed to have in 2014 that allows coins to be stolen from wallets, or point to the commit that fixed it (though you claimed it couldn't be fixed). You can't do either, because you were and are full of shit.

FUD and hot air in 2014. FUD and hot air in 2016. Same shit.

BTW, is it a coincidence that some trader on a wall thread was talking bout a similar-sounding exploit at the same time back then which proved to be a noob math error on his part? I don't think so. I think you and he were part of the same math-illerate pump group which thought they found something but actually discovered only a way to demonstrate their (and your) stupidity.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:05:24 AM

@Mr. Smooth

You're an extra special kind of stupid aren't you?

John Connor is the one with exploits, not me.

But can you answer why Reptile King of Monero didn't have enough faith in you to risk 500 BTC or why he openly admitted that exploits existed or why did he pay Anonymint if it was all bullshit.

Are you still that hurt and in denial that Reptile didn't have faith in you?

Anywayz I don't have a dog in the fight and could care less as I'm passing up any XMR ICO due to it's sitting duck status.

But you might not want to make John Connor angry because you might be wrong yet again.

~BCX~

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:01:53 AM

John Connor is the one with exploits, not me.

He says, as did you in 2014 when you were either making it up or confused by someone's noob math mistake.

But can you answer why Reptile King of Monero didn't have enough faith in you to risk 500 BTC

This was explained to you two years ago. Betting 500 XMR or why he openly admitted that exploits existed or why did he pay Anonymint if it was all bullshit.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't know much about the technology (nor would he disagree with that statement BTW)? Maybe he couldn't afford the risk even if he considered it a good bet. I really have no idea, nor do I care. You seem to labor under the misconception that he started the coin (he didn't; his initial interest came some time after launch) or that he bankrolled development (he didn't, although he contributed some money as did many others including myself), or that he is in charge (he's not even a part of the team who are custodians of the project, much less in charge of it).

But, really, you would have to ask him.

The payment to Anonymint was made by rpietila at my recommendation based on the fact that 'Mint found some interesting theoretical (which they remain BTW) weaknesses in the privacy of the coin which satisfied the conditions of the bounty agreement, but did not coincide at all with the sort of exploits you claimed. And frankly both rpietila and I (as well as jl777) probably were less strict in considering whether the bounty had been satisfied given what we understood about 'Mint's financial situation. Sending him a few BTC for even looking at the problem seemed the least we can do. For what it is worth, crypto-zoidberg (dev of BBR) did not agree that 'Mint found anything significant and didn't pay. I can't criticize his decision as it was indeed a judgement call.

Are you still that hurt and in denial that Reptile didn't have faith in you?

See above.

But you might not want to make John Connor angry because you might be wrong yet again.

John-connor is a lying scammer who forked Bitcoin, obfuscated the code through a refactoring tool, falsely held it out (and to my knowledge still holds it out) as being written entirely from scratch. He's a meaningless worm, and I don't care what he says or whether is is angry.

If, against all appearances of him being yet another FUDseter in addition to being a lying scammer, he actually has Monero exploits, so be it. If he uses them, the bugs will probably get fixed, and if they can't be fixed then Monero doesn't deserve to survive anyway. Either way, c'est la vie.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:20:40 AM

@Mr. Smooth

Risto IS MONERO. He is the undisputed face, name and King of Monero.

There's no getting away from that.

~BCX~

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:22:42 AM

You obviously have reading comprehension challenges to go along with your math and computer science challenges, since I just disputed it.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:27:11 AM

You obviously have reading comprehension challenges to go along with your math and computer science challenges, since I just disputed it.

Dispute it all you want.

Risto is the brand identity of Monero.

Risto - Monero

Monero- Risto

~BCX~
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:28:15 AM

Dispute it all you want.

Risto is the brand identity of Monero.

Probably true for people like yourself who are stuck in 2014. BTW, they called and they want their trolling back.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:36:56 AM

Probably true for people like yourself who are stuck in 2014. BTW, they called and they want their trolling back.

Seriously?

Anyone who wears that avatar should come with something better than that!   Grin Grin Grin

Read your PM's

~BCX~
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:55:10 AM

blah blah blah

"Written from scratch" doesn't mean inventing the wheel and everybody knows it.
The scammers e fudders here are you, icebreaker and others from monero's community
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:19:08 AM

So given exploits have been known for a while, I wouldn't test John Connor if I were you guys.

~BCX~

Why not ... monero is still small and in the case of 0,001% that he has some exploit wouldn´t it be in our favour if he exploited it now? The earlier the better... on the other hand time is ticking against john, if there is such a thing as an exploit day by day passing it may be found... so bring it on
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 10:08:38 AM

~BCX~

Why not ... monero is still small and in the case of 0,001% that he has some exploit wouldn´t it be in our favour if he exploited it now? The earlier the better... on the other hand time is ticking against john, if there is such a thing as an exploit day by day passing it may be found... so bring it on

+1 Seems like some of these guys missed the antifragile meeting.

EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:18:30 PM

~BCX~

I think that you didn't see this on another thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1474951.msg14869630#msg14869630 :

But now, as the monero community and its devs never stopped with fud against Vcash, he agrees to sell the 12 exploits found in xmr.
The money can be released by an escrow after receiving the monero's 12 zeroday exploits.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: