Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EmilioMann, John Connor, & VanillaCoin/VCash are lying about Monero exploits  (Read 5832 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:59:44 PM

My post was deleted from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0 and is included below for reference.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

Uh...no...that is a blatant lie.

John Connor has never reported a single exploit to myself, or to any of the other Monero Core team members. Not one. Not two. Not five. Not ten. Definitely not thirteen.

Do you want to try again?

It is disgusting and appalling that people resort to outright lies, and then double down on those lies by deleting objections. Shame on you, EmilioMann, and shame on those you surround yourself with. VCash has become an embarrassment to the cryptocurrency community.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:08:06 PM

I also had similar on-topic posts (often disputing or refuting their false statements) deleted on the self-moderated threads (if I have time I will dig out the deletion messages from my PMs and post here). Be careful reading or posting on any self-moderated threads run by Vcash/Vanillacoin scammers, as they selectively delete posts to leave a very misleading impression of the discussion.

Remember this is the coin being run by someone who ripped off Bitcoin's code, violated the MIT license (hard to do) and fraudulently sells it as written from scratch. Nothing they do or say can be taken at face value, it is a scam from the core.

Refs:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920344.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151160.msg12128046#msg12128046
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:45:52 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 11:59:09 PM by Gleb Gamow

EmilioMann is a key supporter of Decred, and one of the few Facebook pages I follow since it's Decred related. At first, I was ever so slightly critical of Decred which has been curbed, I personally do not hold any DCR. Hope this info adds to the convo and how EM is good or bad for the community. I have no other opinions at this penning.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:50:16 PM

Personally I haven't seen anything wrong with Decred (though I haven't really looked). I wouldn't want to apply guilt by association without more evidence. The case against Vanillacoin/Vcash and many of its supporters when acting in that capacity is quite clear though.

CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:51:43 PM

Wow so sad warfare between cryptos.  Shocked
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:20:35 PM

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 09:20:51 PM

EmilioMann is a key supporter of Decred, and one of the few Facebook pages I follow since it's Decred related. At first, I was ever so slightly critical of Decred which has been curbed, I personally do not hold any DCR. Hope this info adds to the convo and how EM is good or bad for the community. I have no other opinions at this penning.

Decred is a legit project, with no control over what AssClown Emilio does.  It featured the best, most fair launch since Monero's.

VTrash, on the other hand, somehow managed to violate the notoriously permissive MIT license when John Conman stole and obfuscated Bitcoin code.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:52:55 PM

Decred is a legit project, with no control over what AssClown Emilio does.  It featured the best, most fair launch since Monero's.

VTrash, on the other hand, somehow managed to violate the notoriously permissive MIT license when John Conman stole and obfuscated Bitcoin code.

Hence I being mindful of what I pen on the subject. EM is one of ONLY three people I've liked on FB, not having a clue at this penning as to how to unlike someone, with being pretty sure it's a straightforward process.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:00:45 AM

My post was deleted from this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0 and is included below for reference.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

Uh...no...that is a blatant lie.

John Connor has never reported a single exploit to myself, or to any of the other Monero Core team members. Not one. Not two. Not five. Not ten. Definitely not thirteen.

Do you want to try again?

It is disgusting and appalling that people resort to outright lies, and then double down on those lies by deleting objections. Shame on you, EmilioMann, and shame on those you surround yourself with. VCash has become an embarrassment to the cryptocurrency community.

John Connor reported on twitter

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:08:33 AM

But now, as the monero community and its devs never stopped with fud against Vcash, he agrees to sell the 12 exploits found in xmr.
The money can be released by an escrow after receiving the monero's 12 zeroday exploits.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:11:35 AM

John Connor reported on twitter

That report was after the attack was already made public. It is meaningless. Anyone can pile on and claim some knowledge or involvement after the fact, which is exactly with he did.

I challenged him to back up his claim of twitter timestamps proving his story by linking to a tweet with a timestamp before it was already made public and after ample opportunity he has not done so. He is therefore lying and so are you.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:26:06 AM

I would not be here if they didn't a fud and troll campaign against Vtrash and a lot of other coins that can be a threat to monero

Stealing and obfuscating Bitcoin code was John Conman's decision.  No Vast Monero Conspiracy forced him to do that.

And it wasn't Monero Mustangs who busted him for license breaking.  It was a BTC core dev, Greg Maxwell and some other dude.

No other coin is a "threat" to Monero.  ZeroCash might be in a few years, but shitcoins like Dash and Vtrash certainly are not.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:01:13 AM

blah blah blah

It was a BTC core dev, Greg Maxwell...
blah blah blah

About Greg the sociopath Maxwell:

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:06:02 AM

*Distraction Intensifies*

Stealing and obfuscating Bitcoin code was John Conman's decision.  No Vast Monero Conspiracy forced him to do that.

Agree or disagree?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:09:30 AM

*Distraction Intensifies*

blah blah blah

And who are you to call someone a thief or say that someone stole something?
Everyone knows that you are a real thief, Eduardo, the owner of that mexican cloudmining ponzi company called hashocean or something.
You stole all your retarded clients who trusted you.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:51:11 AM

Agree or disagree?

And who are you to call someone a thief or say that someone stole something?
Everyone knows that you are a real thief, Eduardo, the owner of that mexican cloudmining ponzi company called hashocean or something.
You stole all your retarded clients who trusted you.

Nice job using an appeal to hypocrisy to distract from Vtrash's issues with code theft.

I didn't discover the obfuscated stolen code in Vtrash.  That was Greg Maxwell and some other dude.

Hashocean's bankruptcy wasn't my fault.  The Vast Monero Conspiracy caused it.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

Icebreaker and Smooth, you guys really need to get over this John stole bitcoin code nonsense. I suppose you think Elon Musk stole Henry Fords formula when he decided to put tires on his Tesla car. John has already stated that there are some lines of code similiar to peercoin for compatibility and not re-inventing the wheel. Vcash is written from scratch and has almost no resemblance to bitcoin and a little resemblance to peercoin's most basic features. John also said he would credit Sonny King if Sonny wants him to. Hell he probably would even credit Satoshi Nakamoto for shits and giggles IF Satoshi asked him to. But so far he says Nick Szabo nor Sonny King has asked Smiley

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money