Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NODE Revolution "Your money - your way" -Temp. discussion thread-  (Read 11102 times)
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:05:10 PM

Are anybody else running the wallet ? Maybe it gets synced if we have few wallets online at the same time.

And hopefully you got the latest version ?     node_win 0.9.6 / Linux ?.?.?

It should be version 9, that's the last one I got before the dev started to disappear.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsInTheCan (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:14:25 PM

Are anybody else running the wallet ? Maybe it gets synced if we have few wallets online at the same time.

And hopefully you got the latest version ?     node_win 0.9.6 / Linux ?.?.?

It should be version 9, that's the last one I got before the dev started to disappear.

I searched and found this from closed thread on page 452 by TheRealSilk :

"@update

Linux: http://nodecoin.com/node_linux_0.9.6_port_18775.zip
Win http://nodecoin.com/node_win_0.9.6.zip"

The link from OP "update box" 19/02/2015  goes to that post too.
CoinsInTheCan (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:32:10 PM

Does others have that 0.9.6 to try out if the network still works ? I've kept my wallet running for 24+ hours and not in sync yet. Either there's no one else online, or it's not working anymore...
Can somebody confirm if you have tried to connect (with 0.9.6, older versions should not work). I keep my wallet running for couple of days more.
Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:50:07 PM

I confirm, tried for two days and nights, the same result. I use the one LemonAndFriesOne uploaded, don't know if it's 0.9.6 but I think it is.
So, this is the end?
quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:02:42 PM

Does others have that 0.9.6 to try out if the network still works ? I've kept my wallet running for 24+ hours and not in sync yet. Either there's no one else online, or it's not working anymore...
Can somebody confirm if you have tried to connect (with 0.9.6, older versions should not work). I keep my wallet running for couple of days more.

Yes, 48 hours without syncing. It's definitely over.  Roll Eyes
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

Yes, 48 hours without syncing. It's definitely over.  Roll Eyes

Was worth every cent.  Grin   One of the best stories here, with ups and downs, excitements, tears, Silks infamous posts, fun , a big WTF and incomprehension at the end. Node is like the "x files" of bitcointalk.

THANK YOU SILK, "who was the other guy again?" and last but not least :  the "imaginary team"!

Good fight, good night!
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:15:34 AM

RealSilkk and koop4u have been offline for sometime now.
Figatko

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:11:55 PM

Well, there's the last chance. Can someone send letters to bter and alcurex asking them to run a node for a while? Also you can suggest them to overtake NODE or ask to share with us what they have, mabe some of them have more up-to-date chain.
Not necessarily one person should write a letter. Each of you can do it, the more the better.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:54:36 PM

Forget BTER. The Alcurex guy is very helpful. I'm not sure whether they've retained any Node infrastructure though.

Why is anyone bothering with this? I seem to remember a lot of scepticism from other projects regarding the near instant transactions. It might all have been utter bilge as they never released any code.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Forget BTER. The Alcurex guy is very helpful. I'm not sure whether they've retained any Node infrastructure though.

Why is anyone bothering with this? I seem to remember a lot of scepticism from other projects regarding the near instant transactions. It might all have been utter bilge as they never released any code.

Yes this is a problem, it was always a black-box, but if you want to try i would also suggest to ask Alcurex.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:18:04 PM

Why not just accept the obvious fact: This coin is dead and these pitiful rescue attempts without dev or code are senseless.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:39:27 AM

Why not just accept the obvious fact: This coin is dead and these pitiful rescue attempts without dev or code are senseless.

Only way i see is to try running some old Node wallets and send it to a address for verificiation, from where someone can make a new token without any Nodecode.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:38:59 AM

I disagree, pitiful rescue attempts can be the foundations on which something new can be built. People like a challenge, if someone could revive the blockchain it would attract support, and maybe a new dev, or maybe even the original dev gets a second wind. No harm in trying.
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:08:02 PM

I disagree, pitiful rescue attempts can be the foundations on which something new can be built. People like a challenge, if someone could revive the blockchain it would attract support, and maybe a new dev, or maybe even the original dev gets a second wind. No harm in trying.

Excuse me sir. I am sure you are an expert.  Cheesy
You are now 10 days registered here and you believe you know how things here are working. Show me only one  successful attempt to revive a coin.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:07:01 PM

Excuse me sir. I am sure you are an expert.  Cheesy
You are now 10 days registered here and you believe you know how things here are working. Show me only one  successful attempt to revive a coin.

Trying something difficult is not senseless, I know this before I ever heard of crypto currencies. If there are people willing to try and revive this blockchain, who are you to tell them it is senseless ... you don't like a challenge, but some others might.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:12:06 AM

If you make a list of crypto projects with unique code (not clones with a few modifications) you'll end up with about 20-25 coins.

NODE is on that list, that's why it's worth trying to save it.

Pay-off if successful would be substantial!

Figatko

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:18:31 PM

Why not just try to talk to bter? What we lose?  Smiley
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:52:08 PM

Why not just try to talk to bter? What we lose?  Smiley

Ask Alcurex guy (halibit), he once said he had analyzed the code and confirmed it to be good. Take it with a grain of salt because halibit also hired Indian website designers to create the code for Alcurex, I don't know how he analyzed NODE's code and yet didn't know how to make his own exchange if he knows how to code.

I messaged him about it, no reply.  Huh Huh
pt

Activity: 167

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:32:14 AM

If you make a list of crypto projects with unique code (not clones with a few modifications) you'll end up with about 20-25 coins.

This is the reason to try.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:19:14 AM

This is the reason to try.

My suggestion would be do a 4:3 coin swap (exchange 4 old NODE for 3 new NODE), then use the remaining 25% to pay dev and marketing costs. It's an opportunity for a hungry ambitious dev with enough skills to revive the chain. Nobody expects people to work for free. Could even add an ICO element like lisk::crypti to generate funds, but imo that isn't the best option, Lisk devs set a very bad example now of what happens when clone devs make millions before they've done anything (I.e. they get lazy and go on endless trips/holidays).

I guess any dev who attempted a NODE reboot can set their own parameters though  chances of success would be high, risk to the takeover dev is very small, just try and revive the chain. Realsilk isn't around to complain!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: