Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NODE Revolution "Your money - your way" -Temp. discussion thread-  (Read 11098 times)
CoinsInTheCan (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:19:46 PM

If you make a list of crypto projects with unique code (not clones with a few modifications) you'll end up with about 20-25 coins.

NODE is on that list, that's why it's worth trying to save it.

Pay-off if successful would be substantial!

This is the reason to try.

My suggestion would be do a 4:3 coin swap (exchange 4 old NODE for 3 new NODE), then use the remaining 25% to pay dev and marketing costs. It's an opportunity for a hungry ambitious dev with enough skills to revive the chain. Nobody expects people to work for free. Could even add an ICO element like lisk::crypti to generate funds, but imo that isn't the best option, Lisk devs set a very bad example now of what happens when clone devs make millions before they've done anything (I.e. they get lazy and go on endless trips/holidays).

I guess any dev who attempted a NODE reboot can set their own parameters though  chances of success would be high, risk to the takeover dev is very small, just try and revive the chain. Realsilk isn't around to complain!

Even if swap is 1:1 you might not get much more than 50-60% coins back. Many people deleted keys or not paying attention. Silk may still have 20% or more...
Problem is where to get a developer who can and want to revive NODE. If Silk can't or doesn't want to give the code to anybody.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:34:43 PM

Awesome project-- glad to see it still alive.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

If you make a list of crypto projects with unique code (not clones with a few modifications) you'll end up with about 20-25 coins.

NODE is on that list, that's why it's worth trying to save it.

Pay-off if successful would be substantial!

This is the reason to try.

My suggestion would be do a 4:3 coin swap (exchange 4 old NODE for 3 new NODE), then use the remaining 25% to pay dev and marketing costs. It's an opportunity for a hungry ambitious dev with enough skills to revive the chain. Nobody expects people to work for free. Could even add an ICO element like lisk::crypti to generate funds, but imo that isn't the best option, Lisk devs set a very bad example now of what happens when clone devs make millions before they've done anything (I.e. they get lazy and go on endless trips/holidays).

I guess any dev who attempted a NODE reboot can set their own parameters though  chances of success would be high, risk to the takeover dev is very small, just try and revive the chain. Realsilk isn't around to complain!

Even if swap is 1:1 you might not get much more than 50-60% coins back. Many people deleted keys or not paying attention. Silk may still have 20% or more...
Problem is where to get a developer who can and want to revive NODE. If Silk can't or doesn't want to give the code to anybody.

afaik Silk's identity was known, might be wrong about that though, but if he is public someone could contact him. He can't really refuse a genuine attempt by investors to salvage this project they helped fund. As for finding a competent dev, the first task might be finding and incentivising a project leader to start things off. Pool of possible devs is a lot smaller than pool of potential project leaders. Key is making it worth their while. For that there's obviously the Lisk example of what can happen to people who dream BIG, afaik Max from lisk isn't a dev himself, more of a project leader organising people and tasks - he's a fiat millionaire today! That's what NODE needs now, a project leader willing to revive a failing project with top 10 potential, which node definitely has/had.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:46:08 AM

afaik Silk's identity was known, might be wrong about that though, but if he is public someone could contact him. He can't really refuse a genuine attempt by investors to salvage this project they helped fund.

Were you around at the time? The guy didn't give a shit that the whole thing was dying despite countless and persistent offers to help out from all angles. I doubt you'd get one twitch from his catatonic stare if you laid a billion tons of gold in front of him.
boomboom

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:36:56 AM

afaik Silk's identity was known, might be wrong about that though, but if he is public someone could contact him. He can't really refuse a genuine attempt by investors to salvage this project they helped fund.

Were you around at the time? The guy didn't give a shit that the whole thing was dying despite countless and persistent offers to help out from all angles. I doubt you'd get one twitch from his catatonic stare if you laid a billion tons of gold in front of him.

Yeah, I was around, although following so many projects for this long does fade memories some. Silk's behavior was odd to say the least (maybe he had an ongoing life crisis which eventually overwhelmed him, after I got divorced a few years ago I basically shut down all non essential activities for 18 months), why he abandoned such a promising project is a mystery. You might be right, but it still might be worth trying to contact him.
quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:02:06 AM

Really?Huh  Shocked Shocked Huh
I can not see the project is still alive.
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

Grin Grin Strang project attracts strange people
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:54:16 PM

LOL, what was he even saying? Alive?
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:00:24 PM

Wow been a while good to see it's still kicking?

boomboom

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:38:07 PM

Wow been a while good to see it's still kicking?

Not really kicking, more a few guys discussing ways to give it a kick.

Anyone looking for a crypto project to get involved with? We need a project leader
boomboom

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:39:55 PM

I received pm from TheRealSilk. There is new developers in work and they will open new [ANN]-thread soonish. I hope it's May/June.

So NODE is still alive and kicking, put your wallets online and support the network.
I opened this thread for discussion about NODE so there is not a total silence until new Ann-thread is opened by new develops.

I kept all my NODE's all this time of uncertainty, i guess that might turn out to be very wise decision after all. I hope you kept yours too. Patience is a virtue, as they say  Wink.
I can't wait to see a roadmap by new dev's.

So, if you have something to say about NODE, go on...

Bump
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:00:25 PM

I received pm from TheRealSilk. There is new developers in work and they will open new [ANN]-thread soonish. I hope it's May/June.

So NODE is still alive and kicking, put your wallets online and support the network.
I opened this thread for discussion about NODE so there is not a total silence until new Ann-thread is opened by new develops.

I kept all my NODE's all this time of uncertainty, i guess that might turn out to be very wise decision after all. I hope you kept yours too. Patience is a virtue, as they say  Wink.

Bump

lol  big big bagholder here!?  Cheesy
Sorry man, but this coin is dead.
boomboom

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:08:09 AM

Bump

I've got loads of 'dead' coin bags, and for most of them they're not worth saving, but NODE is different, because it isn't a clone, had a fair distribution, and worked well.

All it takes for a reboot is a hand over from Silk to a new motivated project leader, but because NODE has been off the radar for a while, the obvious thing bag holders need to do is bump this thread occasionally so guys unaware of NODE's potential get a chance to weigh up the opportunity. New guys with skills and motivation turn up on this forum everyday,  but they wont know about NODE unless someone bothers to float the idea of a reboot.

I had a bag of 'dead' Crypti too, and then Max took it upon himself to reboot as LISK, and the rest is as they say, HISTORY!

It's actually harder to believe a reboot wont happen than the possibiliity that it might; this is the cryptosphere Smiley
CryptoniteToSuperman

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:05:26 AM

Bump

I've got loads of 'dead' coin bags, and for most of them they're not worth saving, but NODE is different, because it isn't a clone, had a fair distribution, and worked well.

All it takes for a reboot is a hand over from Silk to a new motivated project leader, but because NODE has been off the radar for a while, the obvious thing bag holders need to do is bump this thread occasionally so guys unaware of NODE's potential get a chance to weigh up the opportunity. New guys with skills and motivation turn up on this forum everyday,  but they wont know about NODE unless someone bothers to float the idea of a reboot.

I had a bag of 'dead' Crypti too, and then Max took it upon himself to reboot as LISK, and the rest is as they say, HISTORY!

It's actually harder to believe a reboot wont happen than the possibiliity that it might; this is the cryptosphere Smiley

If someone knows another Max or a good developer, please send himher a pm. Maybe Silk could reveal the code to new dev.
Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:07:02 AM

Well, bump.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:44:26 AM

Bump

I would donate if a new dev took over NODE.

Great opportunity now that alts are challenging bitcoin dominance. Lisk example proves takeovers can work.
Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:25:43 AM

I would donate too, I'd give 1 000 000 node to a new dev if he revive the network and 2 000 000 more if he cope with bter and make them work and trade node. The whole supply is 1 billion and many may be lost.

But we don't have much time. We cannot lose bter, too much nodecoins located there I think. Many traders and investors left their coins there.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

I would donate too, I'd give 1 000 000 node to a new dev if he revive the network and 2 000 000 more if he cope with bter and make them work and trade node. The whole supply is 1 billion and many may be lost.

But we don't have much time. We cannot lose bter, too much nodecoins located there I think. Many traders and investors left their coins there.
same here, i will donate some NODE too, just make it work.
Xenophanes0

Activity: 50
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:51:15 AM

Sure he was from Ukraine, you could even easily find his name on his sites, he wasn't anonimous. But that does not matter.
What matter is that we are abandoned. And we have the choice. We can continue watching this topic from time to time hoping for a miracle. But soon node/btc will disappear from bter and the network (by the way, does it work?) will stop forever.
Or some of us can overtake the project. As I know, there are some old code, it is opensource, if I remember right. Some of the existing code can be decoded (or how to say it) from the binaries and seen. We could start the new topic, support nodes, maybe start new ICO, look for new dev.
Who wants to be a new leader of NODE?  Cheesy Cool
I'd do it happily but I live in a country where I'm a little affraid of such activities and my English isn't perfect. We need someone with good Endlish, the will to do it and just being a nice person who will not scam or say or do something inadequate.
Speaking of the legal part – fuck them and that's all! Let's not give a shit about who's the new dev and what is sold. If there is a problem – at least they'll show up.

But how can we do this? NODE needs someone who can reverse engineer and work from the last public code release.

I am definitely no coder, just a mid-advanced computer user.

There was plenty of people involved with NODE who were genuinely interested in seeing it succeed and not just as profit driver.
We don't necessarily need a coder now. Just the announcement that NODE is alive, has a new team/leader and new ideas, active community and looking for new devs. The main idea is to not let this coin die. The coin with unique design and codebase. Some people will run nodes, support the network and one of us will be in charge, become the official leader of the project. I can run a node and help with graphics if needed.
We can also think about renaming and rebranding, new roadmap, why not?
And off course we can make a development fund and I will donate 2 000 000 nodes to it.

Nothing to lose, might as well try. Is there a download link for the last wallet and blockchain bootstrap? Minimum requires a working wallet and chain.

sometimes it is just and onlt seems to us that nothing remains to lose but it is only perspective.
dbgirl

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:30:01 PM

+1
I still have my node coins. Let's resurrect NODE with a new dev.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: