Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is time to question Poloniex market manipulation  (Read 4568 times)
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:44:26 AM

r0ach and I have our disagreements,

But he could be spot on about Poloniex.

The changes to their fee structure recently does seem to indicate they are trying to draw in more large investors which indicates they are hurting for money.

yeah that was a red flag for me just like with craptsy
plus another red flag which is daily withdrawal "limits" for crypto
(aka "to stop bankrun on wallets because we run on fractional reserve")

better safe than sorry

dont trust "exchanges" that run without multisig wallets
crypto exchanges should be trustless just like bitcoin, fully transparent, public transactions with all trades verifiable against multisig addresses

I hadn't paid attention to their wallets.  They don't use any type of multisig or anything?

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
grv

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:28:36 PM

r0ach and I have our disagreements,

But he could be spot on about Poloniex.

The changes to their fee structure recently does seem to indicate they are trying to draw in more large investors which indicates they are hurting for money.

yeah that was a red flag for me just like with craptsy
plus another red flag which is daily withdrawal "limits" for crypto
(aka "to stop bankrun on wallets because we run on fractional reserve")

better safe than sorry

dont trust "exchanges" that run without multisig wallets
crypto exchanges should be trustless just like bitcoin, fully transparent, public transactions with all trades verifiable against multisig addresses

I hadn't paid attention to their wallets.  They don't use any type of multisig or anything?

i dont think there's exchange with that support, most are on gox level of security

bitsquare uses 23multisig, but they are in beta

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 12:42:18 PM

It's blatantly obvious Eth is and has been wash traded by a single entity on Poloniex for literally months now.  Their fee structure is setup where someone pushing that volume would have 0.10% taker fees and 0.0% maker fees, so 0.05% if wash traded.

On a slow Eth day of 20,000 BTC volume, that would be 100 BTC per day in wash trade fees.  Does anyone honestly believe the Poloniex Eth manipulators pay that much?  Hell no.  

Why is Poloniex doing backroom deals with market manipulators to artificially pump coins to defraud investors?  It's different if some random guy like Wolong decides to pump a random shit coin, but when the exchange itself is involved in the scheme (like Bittrex has been accused of with Bobsurplus), it's pretty questionable.

me too, this is what i always think and believed poloniex is doing. it is illegal in every ways. i hope SEC look into this now rather then later.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:56:25 AM

Yeah... too much conspiracy. Cheesy

More like simple math.

It's blatantly obvious Eth is and has been wash traded by a single entity on Poloniex for literally months now.  Their fee structure is setup where someone pushing that volume would have 0.10% taker fees and 0.0% maker fees, so 0.05% if wash traded.

On a slow Eth day of 20,000 BTC volume, that would be 100 BTC per day in wash trade fees.  Does anyone honestly believe the Poloniex Eth manipulators pay that much?  Hell no. 

20,000*0,05%=10?

simple math Huh Shocked
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:59:07 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 05:30:16 AM by GreenBits

It's blatantly obvious Eth is and has been wash traded by a single entity on Poloniex for literally months now.  Their fee structure is setup where someone pushing that volume would have 0.10% taker fees and 0.0% maker fees, so 0.05% if wash traded.

On a slow Eth day of 20,000 BTC volume, that would be 100 BTC per day in wash trade fees.  Does anyone honestly believe the Poloniex Eth manipulators pay that much?  Hell no.  

Why is Poloniex doing backroom deals with market manipulators to artificially pump coins to defraud investors?  It's different if some random guy like Wolong decides to pump a random shit coin, but when the exchange itself is involved in the scheme (like Bittrex has been accused of with Bobsurplus), it's pretty questionable.

me too, this is what i always think and believed poloniex is doing. it is illegal in every ways. i hope SEC look into this now rather then later.

Honestly, any exchange that allows participants to place orders in "not good" faith is in violation. All orders must be placed with the intention for fulfillment, but I regularly see massive walls placed simply to scare other traders into dumping/pumping. That vanish once someone starts to buy/sell into them.
pengumpulreceh

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:06:39 PM

Just try to see Polo order book, and found something weird (for me).

http://s33.postimg.org/d8n8bigwv/Screenshot_9.jpg

Belive me or not, those BIG Volume always moving.
The first time i found it at 0.025, then when price down, it moves to 0.024, then moves again to 0.032

http://s33.postimg.org/gx618dov3/Screenshot_2.jpg

For me, that looks fishy.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: