Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore launching with 0% margin  (Read 9022 times)
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 09:07:17 PM

ordered > Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 03:33:24 PM

I really like the advancements that you've made with the UI. It's much better now! We decided to do some promotions for Bitcoin Store at our site (A Finnish Bitcoin portal with 15000+ monthly visitors) simply because we want to support this site.

So if there are more than the usual amount of orders coming from Finland, you can thank us. I will personally order some stuff soon.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:13:03 PM

Bought a bunch of stuff for a computer for my girlfriend, and made a comment on your facebook page but I figured I'd make a note here as well, might stir up some discussion.

1. Search/categorization is pretty awful right now, though I can accept this as a new tech store trying to make sense of all your inventory.
2. On everything I bought, prices were below amazon and newegg. Nice!
3. Would love a bit more information about shipping/shipping options. What's the difference between free shipping and the 5$ shipping? Would be nice to have it be something like Free shipping (USPS) and $5 shipping (UPS) or something like that. On that note, an eta or blank spot for tracking numbers would be fantastic in the order menu.

Note, it's pretty clear they're working on new categorization and sorting options from the response I got on facebook. I'm excited for it!

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:14:11 PM

Bro, you've already been one-up'd by the Bitcoin Megastore: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148569.0

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BitcoinStore (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 06:23:49 PM

Bro, you've already been one-up'd by the Bitcoin Megastore: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148569.0
You gave me a heart attack there. I thought Kim had started a BitcoinStore Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

Nah, just some guy selling merch with a BTC logo on it.  He isn't even accepting bitcoin as payment.  USD only.

Now if Kim did start a BitcoinStore, that would really be something, wouldn't it?!
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 06:43:17 PM

Nah, just some guy selling merch with a BTC logo on it.  He isn't even accepting bitcoin as payment.  USD only.

Now if Kim did start a BitcoinStore, that would really be something, wouldn't it?!
I might message him and talk about a partnership!

Anyways, in regards to your earlier message we're back up. Sorry about the downtime.

Cheers,
-Jon
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:08:56 PM

Anyways, in regards to your earlier message we're back up. Sorry about the downtime.

Cheers,
-Jon

Yeah, I saw that just minutes after I posted my question, so I deleted it thinking there was no longer any need for a response.
ancore

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:44:33 PM

hey I hope you reach your target

I just bought a laptop and all, so can't spend now, but I am trying to help

Every time I hear someone wanting to buy something electronic at school, I tell them I might know I site that's cheaper
So I show them the site and it checks out cheaper even with the expensive shipping rate to my country ($60 can't you make a better deal with an other company?, or a workaround)

but even then I'm fighting an uphill battle with spreading the word,
so far I got 3 responses saying,sure they can be cheaper: we will see how long they will stay open, if they don't pay their taxes (somehow they think using bitcoin entails not paying taxes)
and one law student asked me if I was sure bitcoinstore respected consumer law (refunds wise)

Do you guys get the same response? or are you wise enough not to mention it to people not familiar with bitcoin
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 09:38:37 PM

hey I hope you reach your target

I just bought a laptop and all, so can't spend now, but I am trying to help

Every time I hear someone wanting to buy something electronic at school, I tell them I might know I site that's cheaper
So I show them the site and it checks out cheaper even with the expensive shipping rate to my country ($60 can't you make a better deal with an other company?, or a workaround)

but even then I'm fighting an uphill battle with spreading the word,
so far I got 3 responses saying,sure they can be cheaper: we will see how long they will stay open, if they don't pay their taxes (somehow they think using bitcoin entails not paying taxes)
and one law student asked me if I was sure bitcoinstore respected consumer law (refunds wise)

Do you guys get the same response? or are you wise enough not to mention it to people not familiar with bitcoin

We'll be doing a whole slew of articles on how to get newbies used to Bitcoin and BitcoinStore. I think that it is an uphill battle, but why not lure them up the hill with a financial gain?

I think at the end of the day, if there is plentiful information, and getting bitcoins is easy enough, they'll find their way to our door, so to speak.

Community members like you will be definitely involved in spreading that info, hopefully I'll have some documents that'll make your explanations easier. Thank you so much for what you're doing!
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

I just ordered some flash drives, pricing was good and checkout easy!
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 11:02:59 PM

how exactly does the bitcoinstore determine its bitcoin rate?

will i get a different rate depending on the final checkout amount?
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:34:18 AM

Do we know when search will improved? Last week I was able to search "wireless headset" and get about 30 results, all reasonable. Today when I search it comes up with 1500+ items and most neither wireless nor headset.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Do we know when search will improved? Last week I was able to search "wireless headset" and get about 30 results, all reasonable. Today when I search it comes up with 1500+ items and most neither wireless nor headset.

Several people are working on it full time.
There will be lots more improvements to the website soon. 
An improved search is near the top of the list.
Thank you for your support!

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:47:11 AM

Several people are working on it full time.
There will be lots more improvements to the website soon. 
An improved search is near the top of the list.
Thank you for your support!

Please do the best you can to make sure you don't cause the website to go down while you are making updates.  Twice now since you've announced the 0% margin, I've attempted to tell someone about this great new use for bitcoin and show them the site only to find that it is not available.  Then I look stupid for recommending something that seems flaky and unreliable, and you guys lose potential customers who may not give it another look when it comes back up.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 05:58:33 AM

Speakers arrived today and they work great.  Tested them tonight with Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Green Day, and Beethovin while we worked on today's honey orders.
I don't remember the prices, but BitcoinStore was cheaper than Amazon, and shipping wasn't very much either.

Thanks guys.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
kerogre256

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

Search function is very bad at the moment, some prices are wrong
http://www.bitcoinstore.com/samsung-840-pro-128-gb-2-5-internal-solid-state-drive.html
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB for 35 bitcoin is a little  expensive.
From UK web page work very slow, and biggest issue for me, you dont have any information abaut international shipping (UK).
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 04:23:40 PM

http://www.bitcoinstore.com/samsung-840-pro-128-gb-2-5-internal-solid-state-drive.html
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB for 35 bitcoin is a little  expensive.
From UK web page work very slow, and biggest issue for me, you dont have any information abaut international shipping (UK).
I'm pretty sure that's a 10-pack. I'm looking at why it's not showing the quantity.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:53:44 PM

The price on the site is stuck at 40.03 - it stayed there as the price dipped down close to 39 and now it's near 40.60. Something's wrong.
SJet2003

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:54:27 AM

Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB for 35 bitcoin is a little  expensive.

This is whats holding me back from buying a sack ton of stuff for my PC build.

Bitcoinstore, Please can you do something about the mechanism for ordering & international shipping info (UK).

Cheers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: