Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore launching with 0% margin  (Read 9022 times)
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:48:08 AM

How long does an order remain in "Payment Review" status?  What's there to review when payment is made in an irreversible currency?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 04:21:28 AM

How long does an order remain in "Payment Review" status?  What's there to review when payment is made in an irreversible currency?

i guess they are waiting for 6 confirmations (~1 hour)

bigbox

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:53:55 AM

$0.16 difference does NOT equal a 1% fee.

The MTGOX price displayed is the most recent trade value on MTGOX.
The BitcoinStore price is based on the highest ask price on MTGOX.

Sometimes this value is the same,  sometimes there is a spread,  but you will always get more via BitcoinStore.com than you would by selling your coins on MTGOX at the same instant.

I think displaying two exchange rates will confuse a lot of people. Just show your actual exchange rate. You can put an entry in the FAQ explaining that your rate is the ask price on MtGox. You could even hyperlink the exchange rate display to the FAQ entry if you think enough people will wonder.
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:46:16 AM

I ordered a netbook 6 days ago and haven't received anything yet... is this normal?
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 12:49:54 AM

I ordered a netbook 6 days ago and haven't received anything yet... is this normal?

Email your order number to roger at bitcoinstore.com and I will take care of it for you.

Lots of people are sending the payment, but then not clicking the button to actually submit their order to the site.
If you haven't gotten a confirmation email,  that is likely the case with your order.

Either way, I can get it taken care of for you.

notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:58:54 AM

Email your order number to roger at bitcoinstore.com and I will take care of it for you.

Lots of people are sending the payment, but then not clicking the button to actually submit their order to the site.
If you haven't gotten a confirmation email,  that is likely the case with your order.

Either way, I can get it taken care of for you.

ahh I see. I think I might have put a typo in my email.  The transaction details on my electrum wallet though say 976 confirmations. (I also didn't print out an order confirmation  )
Transaction ID:
fda4d7bd13e0153b1db3f3ea015ba6fed9fe3f8b209b55282fc79d9859f06470

blockchain is down though moving servers...

thanks for the help!
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:34:58 PM

Guys, store is offline. What's up?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:08:22 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 11:05:01 PM by Akka

Hmm,

this has probably been asked before.

The shipping cost to Europe nearly eat up all savings compared to ordering something locally.

Do you have planned to add cheaper/local support for Europe if you expand further?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 09:48:17 AM

Guys, store is offline. What's up?

Seems back up...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
BitcoinStore (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 01:37:21 AM

Hmm,

The shipping cost to Europe nearly eat up all savings compared to ordering something locally.

Do you have planned to add cheaper/local support for Europe if you expand further?

We're looking into ways to make it cheaper. A lot of international taxes target electronics though.
Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:50:55 PM

Ok, just bought a hardware product from Bitcoinstore.com and shipping it to Scandinavia with United States Postal Service - Priority Mail International, will give feedback here as to how this goes.

Order process was fairly simple. Had a bit of a problem finding the desired product through their product search though.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 09:39:59 PM

Hmm,

With the latest USPS price increases in February international shipping is usually not worth it.  The small flat rate box a few years ago was $13 and tracked.  Then it was $17 and poor tracking until February.  Now it is $24 and basically not tracked.

Even on a $200 item that is a 10% penalty.  They would need (and hopefully will) expand into a Euro warehouse and products to get the cost down.

ItsDom

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:04:26 PM

May I suggest having a long hard think about your current hosting setup.

A couple of people have mentioned bits of downtime, and chrome dev tools are suggesting an uncached page is waiting about 2.5 seconds for the first response from the server and up to 9 seconds to load the entire page. This is early days for the site, but your traffic is only going to get heavier.

http://www.akamai.com/html/about/press/releases/2009/press_091409.html
Suggests ~50% of users will leave an ecommerce site if it takes more than 2 seconds to load, and this was in 2009...

The fact that it is early days means it's crucial that you show you have a reliable, fast and resilient website.

Other than that - I like it, adequate design and a nice big selection of items. I've not ordered anything so can't comment on the checkout system.
BitcoinStore (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

May I suggest having a long hard think about your current hosting setup.

A couple of people have mentioned bits of downtime, and chrome dev tools are suggesting an uncached page is waiting about 2.5 seconds for the first response from the server and up to 9 seconds to load the entire page. This is early days for the site, but your traffic is only going to get heavier.

http://www.akamai.com/html/about/press/releases/2009/press_091409.html
Suggests ~50% of users will leave an ecommerce site if it takes more than 2 seconds to load, and this was in 2009...

The fact that it is early days means it's crucial that you show you have a reliable, fast and resilient website.

Other than that - I like it, adequate design and a nice big selection of items. I've not ordered anything so can't comment on the checkout system.
Can I have you recheck your load times? We've recently bumped up our hosting.

Cheers,
-Jon
Herodes

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:54:06 AM

I ordered a wifi router from BitcoinStore. Delivery took 9 days from the day of shipping, which I am content with, as I live in Norway. The product was received in fine condition and worked as promised, I would certainly use BitcoinStore again.

I see now that the target of 850000 by March 31st is not yet reached, it's at 38% and as far as I can see 332K USD worth of products are sold. To be honest, a shop that's not been existing longer than this, and using only a new internet currency that's still in it's early days - for such a shop, I think the current results are great. I sincerely hope that the shop can continue. Would it perhaps be a good idea to also accept traditional payment methods in parallel to bitcoin, to increase the sales volume even more ? I know that would be kind of against the philosophy of the site, but let's face it - most online buyers still use traditional payment methods. Then instead of worrying that shop has to close down because of lack of sales volume, one could rather be concerned about increasing the bitcoin slice of the sales. For example, one could give a certain rebate costwise for sales done with bitcoins vs. sales done with traditional payment methods. That would give an incentive for people to shop with bitcoins rather than straight USD. I personally would certainly pay with bitcoins if I knew I could save 5% off the price.

Another issue that could be at play and hampering the success of bitcoinstore.com right now, may be the fact that the bitcoin price is climbing so much, so that may lead to a lot of people holding onto their bitcoins, and rather fork out their card to pay the traditional way.

Still in my eyes, bitcoinstore has been a huge success.
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:29:29 AM

Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz-   im gonna get a cheap laptop for armory, this is the cheapest one, netbook will work too right? i dont no the diff between  laptops n netbooks.
Herodes

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:39:37 PM

Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz-   im gonna get a cheap laptop for armory, this is the cheapest one, netbook will work too right? i dont no the diff between  laptops n netbooks.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19680_102-313546/what-s-the-difference-between-netbooks-and-notebooks/

Question to Bitcoinstore:

International orders, do they include US VAT/sales tax ? This is normally in the range 5-10% ? There wasn't any mention of it in my order, so I wonder if this is usually paid by the customer, or deducted for international orders?
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:21:53 PM

Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz-   im gonna get a cheap laptop for armory, this is the cheapest one, netbook will work too right? i dont no the diff between  laptops n netbooks.

Netbooks are just smaller and under powered compared to regular laptops.  I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work for what you want to do.

Also, this netbook on bitcoinstore is $30 bucks cheaper than on amazon. Nice.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Ari

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

That doesn't have enough RAM to run Armory.  Bitcoin-qt will work, although it'll be a bit slow.
Timon2010

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:47:26 PM

Last sunday 24/3, did I put an order for a notebook and a tablet. The question is
how long the delivery time will be, shipping to Scandinavia. Did choose Fed Ex Int. Priority or something like that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: