Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore launching with 0% margin  (Read 9022 times)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 05:49:22 PM

Question to Bitcoinstore:

International orders, do they include US VAT/sales tax ? This is normally in the range 5-10% ? There wasn't any mention of it in my order, so I wonder if this is usually paid by the customer, or deducted for international orders?

Any international VAT taxes will be charged by the shipping company to the customer.
Bitcoinstore.com must report the true customs value on each shipment,  but I wouldn't lose any sleep if someone from the deep web started offering to reship our products internationally and under declare the customs value. 
There is likely a lot of money to be made with this business model.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:03:34 AM

Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz-   im gonna get a cheap laptop for armory, this is the cheapest one, netbook will work too right? i dont no the diff between  laptops n netbooks.
That doesn't have enough RAM to run Armory.  Bitcoin-qt will work, although it'll be a bit slow.
how much ram do i need to run   armory,  thanks for the help guys
pumawolf

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:41:39 AM

what time is the last possible moment i can buy to beat the march 31 st deadline,  eastern pacific or  btctalk forum time up in the corner. these suckas are worth more n more by the hour.
Mike3574

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:56:21 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 01:00:25 AM by Mike3574

Hi!

Yesterday I put an order in for a Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive. I put the order in without registering an account. The website said the item was out of stock but I put the order in anyway because it's an easy way for me to cash out my BTC. I sent in a support ticket asking about when it will be in stock, shipping time (I'm in New Jersey, USA), tracking info etc. I get a response from Zlatko telling me you can't mail to a P.O. Box and need my physical address. That's fine so I responded with my physical address. The problem is that he didn't answer any of my questions about the item being in/out of stock, shipping time, tracking info etc. Along with including my physical address in the response I also re-asked these questions. It has been 24 hours and I have received no response. My order number is 100000567. I will appreciate a response soon. I need these questions answered so I know when to be home to wait for the package. I hate when I miss a package!

Kind Regards,

Michael

Update: I just received a response from Zlatko saying the order has been submitted. He totally ignored all of my questions. Could somebody please help me?
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 02:33:26 AM

Hi!

Yesterday I put an order in for a Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive. I put the order in without registering an account. The website said the item was out of stock but I put the order in anyway because it's an easy way for me to cash out my BTC. I sent in a support ticket asking about when it will be in stock, shipping time (I'm in New Jersey, USA), tracking info etc. I get a response from Zlatko telling me you can't mail to a P.O. Box and need my physical address. That's fine so I responded with my physical address. The problem is that he didn't answer any of my questions about the item being in/out of stock, shipping time, tracking info etc. Along with including my physical address in the response I also re-asked these questions. It has been 24 hours and I have received no response. My order number is 100000567. I will appreciate a response soon. I need these questions answered so I know when to be home to wait for the package. I hate when I miss a package!

Kind Regards,

Michael

Update: I just received a response from Zlatko saying the order has been submitted. He totally ignored all of my questions. Could somebody please help me?

I just brought this issue to Zlatko's attention and he should get back to you with answers to your questions.
He has been overwhelmed with orders each day thanks to the great number of orders from the Bitcoin community.
We just hired another support person today (Ericson Ramirez), this Brings the total Bitcoinstore.com team members up to six of us.
Lots more big improvements will be coming soon!

Mike3574

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:49:09 AM

Hi!

Kind Regards,

Michael

I just brought this issue to Zlatko's attention and he should get back to you with answers to your questions.
He has been overwhelmed with orders each day thanks to the great number of orders from the Bitcoin community.
We just hired another support person today (Ericson Ramirez), this Brings the total Bitcoinstore.com team members up to six of us.
Lots more big improvements will be coming soon!

Thank you! I'll be waiting for his response. Best wishes for your store! I'm sure you will be hiring many more people.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 10:41:36 AM

How do we access old orders?

I can only access the last 7 orders on my orders page.

Thank you for 7+ orders!!!

You can try http://old.bitcoinstore.com/ to check your really old order history,  but please be sure to place new orders through bitcoinstore.com

notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:09:51 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 12:45:59 AM by notig

solved!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 03:27:18 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 03:46:54 PM by MemoryDealers

about a month ago I paid for a netbook and password device for about 7.7 bitcoins. Not only was the item not sent to me but they say they cannot find the order. I contacted bitpay however and they easily found my receipt.

Here it is https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=2H7PZhpAh0h9FHv__4opqwUa0xheP1xcfxhSsR01s2Y=

and here is the blockchain transaction fda4d7bd13e0153b1db3f3ea015ba6fed9fe3f8b209b55282fc79d9859f06470

After I contacted them through email and they said they couldn't find my order I emailed them March 20th and again March 29th with the bitpay information and there has been no response

What email address did you send the emails from?  (Feel free to PM it to me)
I'm happy to make sure this gets taken care of for you right away.
We also have a phone number (1-888-586-6083) right on the bitcoinstore.com website that you can call any time if you feel we are not responding quickly enough.

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:34:48 PM

I see on the website that the new deadline to reach 850k is June 30th. Did Ingram give you an extension on your prices or have prices changed and this is a new challenge to keep the new prices?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:08:29 AM

Acer Aspire One AOD270-26Dkk 10.1" LED Netbook - Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz-   im gonna get a cheap laptop for armory, this is the cheapest one, netbook will work too right? i dont no the diff between  laptops n netbooks.
That doesn't have enough RAM to run Armory.  Bitcoin-qt will work, although it'll be a bit slow.
how much ram do i need to run   armory,  thanks for the help guys

For reference, if you're buying the computer to be offline, you can use any system.  256 MB of RAM would be sufficient to run Armory offline.  All the offline system does is create and manage your wallets, and provide an interface for reviewing and signing transactions.  For this purpose, the cheapest damned thing you can find will work well for Offline Armory.

Online Armory is a different story.  You will need probably 4 GB of RAM, and Armory will suck up 2 GB of that.  It's the consequence of services like SatoshiDice chasing me down sooner than I could get around to revamping the blockchain utilities.  That will be "fixed" soon, but at the moment a 2 GB netbook won't cut it.

See more details in the Armory Quick Start Guide

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
pumawolf

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:45:15 AM

how many days does it take to get a order process n shipped,  and whats the refund policy  on items not processed for shipping yet, im gonna get my coins back if it doesnt ship by friday.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:02:20 AM

how many days does it take to get a order process n shipped,  and whats the refund policy  on items not processed for shipping yet, im gonna get my coins back if it doesnt ship by friday.
Domestic orders usually ship the same day depending on what time the order was placed.
International orders first ship to the MemoryDealers office in California,  and then are reshipped to the final international destination.

All orders that are delayed because of any issue on BitcoinStore.com's side are eligible for a full refund any time BEFORE the order has actually shipped from the distributor.

The real time inventory feed isn't yet "real time"  so occasionally customers are able to order items that are back ordered.
Fixing this issue is one of our top priorities.

pumawolf

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:07:23 AM

can i request  some assistance, my order is just hangin  up there,  no email  ,no message response so far. thanks.
pumawolf

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:04:26 PM

can i request  some assistance, my order is just hangin  up there,  no email  ,no message response so far. thanks.
  any problems just call them  ,it gets handle way more efficently
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 12:38:14 AM

Hey, I don't want to be a drag, as I'm sure it's been mentioned a bunch of times -- but I've actually skipped your store and bought from Amazon because I didn't realize you had certain items.  It's just so difficult to find anything.

You desperately need to put your high-demand products up front.  If nothing else, put a couple featured things up front like your Sony Xperia smartphones.  That's something that lots of Bitcoin users would actually buy, but it's impossible to find it because I have to go through stuff like shaver accessories. 

If you can't improve the search function right away please add links in the front, to pre-configured listings showing high-demand items.  This is critical to getting people to actually buy stuff.  I'm a developer, I know how much work it is to revamp a whole portion of your product (the searching), but you can at least fill in the gaps for now, without much effort by doing this.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
azw409

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:12:52 PM

Here's a hypothetical question but I ordered a $400 laptop last weekend when BTC was $1200 but after a week of waiting and it looking like no stock is arriving anytime soon I might ask for a refund.

Now if I get a refund will it be for the $400 onto a debit card, $400 in BTC at today's exchange rate or the original amount in BTC which is obviously worth a good deal less than it was last week ?

Thanks
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:00:24 AM

Here's a hypothetical question but I ordered a $400 laptop last weekend when BTC was $1200 but after a week of waiting and it looking like no stock is arriving anytime soon I might ask for a refund.

Now if I get a refund will it be for the $400 onto a debit card, $400 in BTC at today's exchange rate or the original amount in BTC which is obviously worth a good deal less than it was last week ?

Thanks

I don't know how you'll get it, but I'm pretty sure it will be worth $400 at the time of transfer.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:19:45 AM

Thanks

Best to have a look at their returns policy. I am a competitor and cannot speak on behalf of bitcoinstore, but am very interested in how they run their returns. It's tricky for merchants as most of us must exchange the large majority of BTC at the time of sale. Until we can pay overheads in bitcoin it will unfortunately stay this way. We do not profit greatly on exchange rate movements, and will lose greatly if we refunded like you wish. Having said this I do not believe the customer should lose money if they are not at fault.

I answered how we deal with returns in a separate thread if you are interested.

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:34:56 PM

Site is slow for me.

It's been a few months, but the site is still really slow for me. Page to page navigation takes around 4 seconds on average and the search takes around 9. It's not too bad, but I could definitely see you guys haven't problems under heavy load. I have a 30 down 5 up connection so it's not on my end. :O
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: