Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn 2% per week on your LTC  (Read 4793 times)
helloworld (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:46:15 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 02:24:48 PM by helloworld

I've been doing well lately trading BTC/LTC markets and would like to leverage up a little bit by borrowing LTC.

If you think you might be able to help, please PM me for a deposit address.

I can confidently offer 2% per week (although, I won't be borrowing large amounts - probably just pocket change at first and see how things go ) - minimum 50 LTC thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:56:06 AM

Damn, if its that easy to get money thrown at me, I'll write a 22 word thread with no data/plan/contingency/background/history/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx too.
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:58:19 AM

Damn, if its that easy to get money thrown at me, I'll write a 22 word thread with no data/plan/contingency/background/history/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx too.

Don't forget to be in the community for years and rack up the post count Wink
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:59:36 AM

I've been doing well lately trading BTC/LTC markets and would like to leverage up a little bit by borrowing LTC.

I can confidently offer 2% per week (although, I won't be borrowing large amounts - probably just pocket change at first and see how things go ).

LTC has fallen a lot vs BTC in last weeks.

Anyone trading who kept a significant portion of their capital in BTC (which you HAVE to do to trade currencies) would have made a profit (denominated in LTC) even if they did zero trades at all.

Have you made more profit than if you'd just converted your LTC into BTC and then looked at how the value of that changed during the fall?  The test of whether you're a profitable trader comes when LTC rises vs BTC - where you have to make significant profit from trading just to keep up with drop of value caused by your BTC becoming worth less.

It's very easy to fool yourself into believing you're a profitable trader.  It's not quite so easy to fool everyone else.
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:07:17 AM

Have you made more profit than if you'd just converted your LTC into BTC and then looked at how the value of that changed during the fall?

In hindsight, I could have made 1000x more profit if I could predict the future, such as the recent BTC surge. That is true of all traders. The scenario you mention being wildly profitable, does not preclude BTC/LTC trading from being profitable by itself.

The test of whether you're a profitable trader comes when LTC rises vs BTC

If LTC rises again. If it continues to fall, there is still profit to be made on the ups and downs.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:18:36 AM

LTC has fallen a lot vs BTC in last weeks.

Anyone trading who kept a significant portion of their capital in BTC (which you HAVE to do to trade currencies) would have made a profit (denominated in LTC) even if they did zero trades at all.

Have you made more profit than if you'd just converted your LTC into BTC and then looked at how the value of that changed during the fall?  The test of whether you're a profitable trader comes when LTC rises vs BTC - where you have to make significant profit from trading just to keep up with drop of value caused by your BTC becoming worth less.

It's very easy to fool yourself into believing you're a profitable trader.  It's not quite so easy to fool everyone else.

Ha, maybe LTC will rise in the near future, makes the profit so easily.

TBH, I can make much higher profit in several days if I can resell the LTC in an inactive market.

So if you can make me trust you are doing resell business, I think I will trust you can make that easy money. Otherwise you're just up-to the potential rise of LTC or the risk is too high, no one can believe you can profit in such little wave of LTC/BTC.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:26:32 AM

Damn here we agree again. Large number of post = smart investment.

I wonder how many forum posts Warren Buffet had.
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:54:23 AM

Damn here we agree again. Large number of post = smart investment.

I wonder how many forum posts Warren Buffet had.

7 billion? I haven't checked lately.
DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:44:03 AM

Almost no one accepts LTC anymore either

There practically is no use for LTC other than
exchanging, which isn't really profitable either.

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:23:50 PM

Thanks for your input. I see it expanding and becoming more widely used in the future.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

Thanks for your input. I see it expanding and becoming more widely used in the future.

Could you please provide examples thereof and your general view on Litecoin's future (sincerely interested)?

Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 07:03:21 PM

Da fuck are you talking about? Are you blind, dumbass? Too hard to read ASCII encoded text? Hmm?

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:06:36 AM

Could you please provide examples thereof and your general view on Litecoin's future (sincerely interested)?

For the same reason that people who can no longer mine bitcoins with their GPUs moving on to Litecoin, I see similar trends happening in other spaces, such as where a bitcoin market is saturated with competition. Example: Bitcoin gambling. Big players have that market and it's harder for the little guys to get into it. So better opportunities arise in Litecoin gambling -> Less competition. Then Bitcoin cams take off to such a point where there are so many bitcoin cam sites and too much competition, but no litecoin cams, so guess where the business opportunity is? Domain squatters make most bitcoin domains unavailable, then this pressure gradually influences the take up of litecoin related domains, which are currently easier to find. Many different areas where pressure within some bitcoin space is pushing people to relatively less crowded alternatives.

What a great week!
wrend

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:58:12 AM

LTC sent, I got no reply for two(2) days so far from helloworld.
?

Undecided

helloworld (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:56:06 AM

?

Undecided

Sorry Wrend, I should have checked in earlier. Too busy spending time on btc-e Smiley In any case I will honor the timestamp of your deposit.

I also checked the deposit address on http://explorer.litecoin.net and couldn't see the transfer. Could you please tell me the transaction ID?

Thanks.
wrend

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:40:26 AM

Yep, my apologies, my online wallet malfunctioned, now it gone through.

Helloworld had contacted me, and all is ok at this stage.

?

Undecided

Sorry Wrend, I should have checked in earlier. Too busy spending time on btc-e Smiley In any case I will honor the timestamp of your deposit.

I also checked the deposit address on http://explorer.litecoin.net and couldn't see the transfer. Could you please tell me the transaction ID?

Thanks.

helloworld (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 02:06:48 AM

Hi Wrend, with Sunday's volatility I have already managed to grow your deposit beyond 4% for the two weeks (plus extra on top for myself). So now I'm left wondering, should I just pay this back to you early and sit out for a while? (In that case you still need to give me your withdrawal address).

Thanks go out to all the Sunday panic sellers of LTC!
bitcoinnix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 05:10:53 PM

I can confidently offer 2% per week (although, I won't be borrowing large amounts - probably just pocket change at first and see how things go ) - minimum 50 LTC thanks.

I'd like a clarification of what I infer to be the terms please:

I understand what's going on for the back-end of this, you're day-trading - buy low sell high, repeat.

I'm solid on that part.

The risk part is what I don't see being perfectly clear:

Are you taking on the risk in order to obtain more LTC to play with (a loan with a 2% interest), or are you saying, lemme use your money to play this game and *if* it turns out positive, I'll provide a 2% weekly return on the investment with no guarantees, past performance does not promise future gains and all that etc etc.
helloworld (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

I'd like a clarification of what I infer to be the terms please:

I understand what's going on for the back-end of this, you're day-trading - buy low sell high, repeat.

I'm solid on that part.

The risk part is what I don't see being perfectly clear:

Are you taking on the risk in order to obtain more LTC to play with (a loan with a 2% interest), or are you saying, lemme use your money to play this game and *if* it turns out positive, I'll provide a 2% weekly return on the investment with no guarantees, past performance does not promise future gains and all that etc etc.

I'm taking on the risk. It's entirely possible that on some weeks I'll have a net loss after paying lenders their interest.

Although having said that, after an amazing week like this one, even several losses in a row and I'd still be fine.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:07:59 PM

sent you a PM.  might as well get some LTC back for having to endure these ups and downs. 

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: